Cross Effects > Areas

Highway 13

<< < (3/46) > >>

Kotomine_Rin:
A-702

Veins suddenly popped out of his forehead, and the car suddenly swerved and accelerated with a screeching sound.

"Eh? These ain't fucking costumes, asshole. What, do you seriously think I'd painstakingly take your measurements in the elevator just so I could play dress up with you all? Pft, keep dreaming losers."

And all of a sudden, he stopped. Right by a drive thru.

"They're insurance, that way you don't get whacked if I can't look over you babies. I've even kept face protection, and the material is enhanced from its regular counterpart. It can resist shocks, impacts, flames and acids that'd melt your butts off. I figured you two might need em, considering how ridiculously easy it'd have been for you two to just get pulped back there. I counted it by the way, about 27 times. 40 more for you though cowboy. Anyways, what do you want?"

They were right by a McDondon at the highway. Yep, right on time. A sucker almost cut by him on the road earlier. What, did you think he went that fast because he was pissed or cared about what these two had to say? Pft. Nah. Burgers baby.

"Oh, and I'm paying. Cause I'm such a nice guy."

yinsukin:
Suerte

Suerte instinctively reached for her gun, but settled on just gripping the butt of it.  "Excuse me!  So basically your saying you touched me without my permission!  I should file for sexual harassment!  Only reason I don't is because bounty hunters don't have unions and I guess you were being considerate..."

In truth she wasn't used to people worrying about her.  With powers like hers, people in her town just sort of thought she was untouchable.  It wasn't true of course, but it was nice to be worried about every once in a while.  "But if your giving me this, you must not know as much about me as I thought.  I mean, this won't slow me down right?"

All the sudden she smelled something odd.  It wasn't like normal meat, but smelled similar, more enticing....  What was that?

YOLF:
Justice

Concern? Or was it ignorance? Pretension? It might as well have been all of those things - the gear was indeed well-made, but that wasn't the problem. Neither was that it paled before his armor, or that it might supplement it.

Until that moment, Justice had pressed down on the omnipresent feeling of danger in this double-faced spider's presence, neither acknowledging the obvious nor letting himself be bothered by it. Whether it knew the real odds or not, he and Suerte couldn't hope to gallivant in its master's business without accepting that the creature's web would hang over their heads the entire time. But an aeon of murder and sacred blasphemy always had an edge.

You don't need to explain salvation to a priest. You don't need to tell a mercenary how a safety works, nevermind it might be useless to their temperament. You shouldn't tell a lion what it can or can't hunt either.

"Don't push your luck, mop boy," Justice responded airily. But for all it lacked even the slightest growl, an avalanche of enmity made itself heard. Pity and Absolution tingled with crushing tension through the briefly shown intent.

In a moment, he added, "I'll have a cheeseburger."

Kotomine_Rin:
A-702

The spider chuckled candidly. "Nah girlie, I measured through sight. Been doing this for years. Well, our prototype line anyways. And priiide? Kah! No way a lowly spider would have any of that. But thanks for the warning, anyways..."

He laid an arm on the hood of his seat and snapped his head backwards, glaring at him. Unlike before, he wasn't nearly as cheery looking.

"I wasn't kidding. And I'm not saying that some trap would've chomped your head off or you would've found a fist through your liver. You two are too friggin' open. You might as well be pop up books.Whatever you're so confident about, it won't do you any good son. Not with your identities exposed like this. 'Cause assuming the killer is still on the loose, you've painted a big red dot on your backs the moment you walked through that door."

He stared right at the gunman's eyes. The kind of stare of someone who couldn't care less if he got a gun shoved in his mouth and blasted off the wall. His shark teeth were throbbing almost as much as the veins on his forehead. But despite that, his voice was dead calm.

"You think you're scaring me, you punk ass? Go ahead, pull that trigger. Go shoot the fucking gift horse in the mouth while you're at it. All I'm doing here is being careful, cause my comrades got killed and they were strong confident idiots too, so strong and confident they thought their power would be enough to live normally in this city. It's fine, I'll just be careful. I'm strong, there's no way I'll die. Oh, I'm so great because I'm mighty, and tough, and fast. I don't need to cover myself up for this dangerous mission. I don't need an extra layer of protection. Oh whoop de doo, I'm fucking dead and my brother and friends are fucking depressed cause little old me was too proud to put some pants on. Is that what I should write on your tombs? Huh? So put the fucking coat on and shut the fuck up."

He didn't give a shit about them frankly. It wasn't compassion, confidence or ignorance that had him go out of his way to make a suit like that. It was just that he was the kind of person who hated taking chances. Besides, you could wear the layer on top of your clothes due to the special mesh. There was absolutely no reason not to wear them if it'd help them live longer, so their suicidal insistence was honestly pissing him off.

"Also, pickles or no pickles?"

yinsukin:
Suerte

While it was sexy to see Justice threaten someone, this sort of thing wasn't going to be good for their professional relationship.  Then again, neither was the lack of trust.  When in doubt, it was best to back up her partner.

"Well i'll put on the coat because I think skulls are cute," Suerte interjected.  "But I think next time you should actually tell us when we are in danger rather than deciding for us what we need.  We are bounty hunters after all.  Its normal for us to come in contact with beings stronger than ourselves."

Suerte put a finger to her lip.  "Oh and I.... guess i'll have whatever Justice is having."

She didn't want to admit she didn't know what a fast food place was.  After all, looking stupid was the least professional thing of all.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version