Author Topic: Highway 13  (Read 10498 times)

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
Re: Highway 13
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2019, 03:38:27 AM »
Justice

A hundred throughts heavier than the planet gathered on his tongue like a cannon ready to fire. The poison in the air stirred, sizzled, but in the wake of Suerte's casual dismissal, it faded. Justice huffed at the spider.

"Don't speak to my partner again like that." And his silver eyes blazed like a flashing barrel, before he slumped in his seat. "No pickles."
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2019, 04:36:22 AM »
Spidey

"Why you fuckin...." His body was trembling and shaking. Just as the two were about to figuratively hurl lightning at each-other from their eyes...

Suerte just kinda popped off the bubble.

"You said it's cute? You mean it? You really, really mean it??" He almost jumped and stared right at Suerte with wide starry eyes. He fidgeted like a kid who just got praised for the first time in a long time. "I-it'll help! Hopefully! I mean...

His eyes narrowed down to a sadder, almost solemn forced smile. The kind you try to force at a funeral.

"The guys who died were on the Alpha combat class, they could eat rockets for breakfast. Why else would the higher ups care that they'd just kick the bucket? I'm just scared that the same happens to you. I just..."

Wait, wasn't he just getting all angry and offended a second ago? Was he... no way.

The spider sniffled, trying to hide it away. "I don't want to die. I don't... I don't want this. It's like this every time! I always have to watch... no matter what... the Boss will just keep on..."

He clutched at his face. With one hand, he drove by the drive through line. Just talking while he drove.

"Even when my friends keep dying around me, I keep coming back. I just don't want to lose two partners again. - It'll be two cheeseburgers with no pickles, a triple chicken deluxe, a double quarter pounder blt, two milkshakes, five large fries, 20 pc nuggets and the weekly special."

The automated intercom quickly responded. "That'll be $95.37." 

He pressed more buttons and processed the payment.

"You get it? I'm not asking for you to forgive me, and I know I can be an ass about it... but i'm not letting anyone die this time."

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2019, 09:37:32 PM »
Suerte

For a moment, the cowgirl considered telling their driver her powers but she decided against it.  The fact of the matter was that it was best if people don't know about her powers.  At the moment, she just didn't trust the man enough yet.

"Don't worry," she said, resting a hand on the back of his chair.  "We will get the guy.  I don't want to brag, but rocket fire isn't that big of a deal to me either.  I may look soft, but I won't go down that easy."

She looked at Justice, wondering how mad he still was.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2019, 03:40:50 AM »
Justice

As Suerte looked, the highly-strung threat seemed to have drained from Justice's poise. He let himself slump more comfortably in his seat, and pulled the ornate reinforced clothes over his own, testing them out.

"We're counting on you then," the Rider said, rolling his shoulders. A solid sense of expectation steadied his cautious tone.

Promises of life and death weren't to be made lightly, but it was precisely one of the most admirable qualities of mortals that they could so simply mean them. Whether this spider did, that was yet to be seen, and so he didn't shake his head at Suerte either.
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2019, 11:54:31 PM »
A-702

"Hehe. Thanks..." For a moment, there was a sad look in his eyes. He still managed to smile. "Well, you can count on me then! After all, I'm a supergenius. With your brawns and my intellect, we'll get out of any pinch!"

As they kept driving forward, the atmosphere turned more serene. Despite that, there was a foreboding feeling in the air. The highway was by no means empty, but aside the car that initially tried to cut them, there wasn't much in their direct vicinity.

"Say, are you two dating? You're kinda cute together."

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2019, 08:35:29 PM »
Suerte

Suerte simply smiled, wrapping her body around Justice's arm.  "Yes and yes.  I already asked him to be my partner.  Its a mostly unprofessional relationship that is very professional.  Its like marrige except with more satisfying sex and more violence!  Also more freedom.  The fact of the matter is that we are cowboys through and through.  I don't think we could ever really be pinned down."

After her speech, she jolted upwards, as if she suddenly considered something.  "Tell me, why did you even join an organization like this?  You know how dangerous this city is right?"

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2019, 10:50:19 PM »
Justice

He really couldn't feel much of Suerte's body through two different layers of armor, but he let her have her fun.

"Mm, I don't recall promising anything," he said, though his voice betrayed the cheeky smile surely under that mask.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2019, 02:21:15 AM »
A-70B00M

"Woah woah woah! Too much information, haha!" He laughed the comments off casually, grinning cooly at the two-

Before a boom like thunder blew his head open like a watermelon. It all happened in an instant, splashing bits of skull and brains all over as the car swerved uncontrollably.

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2019, 11:34:11 PM »
Suerte

The gunshot was followed by Suerte squealing.  Now he will never get to the Katakuri fight!  Oh... that probably isn't the most important thing when someone loses their life...  The cowgirl frowned as she thought of all the terrible things the man missed out on.  Even if they did honor his promise, he would never be able to see it.

SCREECH!

The car swerved hard towards the right.  In that brief moment, Suerte stared into Justice's eyes and smiled.  "Don't move partner."

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2019, 11:43:15 PM »
Justice

His current position was awkward. He was too slow to push the spider out of way, and his hand grabbed his gun instead. This irony tastes like shit.

Justice met Suerte's eyes in that split second, along the screeching of the wheels, and stared back in perfect stillness.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 11:44:21 PM by YOLF »

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2019, 11:46:53 PM »
Suerte

With an explosive thud, the car slammed into another one on the highway, sending them flying through the windshield.  Used to thinking on her feet in these kinds of absurd situations, Suerte grabbed what was left of the man's body, hoping to bury him later.  Somehow, the pair managed to crash into it at just the perfect angle so they felt only a minor sting.  For the brief moment that they flew through the air, Suerte let out a cackle of excitement.  Looking up, she realized what had happened.  They didn't crash into a car, but a truck.  The two were flung into the back, landing butt first on top of what remained of a stack of mattresses.

Letting her butt sink into the matress, she turned to Justice with a smile and said, "Well glad you got that trust thing down!  I knew you were a good pick.  I value people who can put their faith in me when it comes down to it."

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2019, 12:39:48 AM »
Justice

"Mmm."

That was the most effortlessly comfortable recovery from a spiraling vehicle he had ever experienced, the rider had to admit. He kept that confession for later. The moment of landing, the feathers that clung to Justice's mail finished uncoiling over Pity, into the form of a rifle, and he hoisted it in perfect preparation.

He reclined on the matresses and inhaled in focus, seeking his target through the sights pointed in the most likely direction of a sniper.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2019, 12:56:39 AM »
At the highway

"Papi! Watch out!" A girl cried out next to an old, grizzled trucker. Smiling, he turned to ask his daughter what was wrong, only for his expression to drop completely.

A-702's broken head fell over. Losing all feelings, his body fell to the side, turning the wheel unknowingly, they had already left the pink coffin. He grinned. How....hah... lucky, these ....haahh...two bastards, they were going.... to leave.... him behind.... huh? No one.... mourns for a spider...

Did he realize that the girl picked him up? Maybe not. As she did, she might notice something strange. He was holding a syringe filled with a strange something.

The car, unfortunately, wasn't so lucky. Indeed, the truck swerved in turn and crashed against the side of the highway, causing the whole lot to explode behind them. A wall of broken metal and bloodied gore was now covered in a sea of flames.

For a moment, everything was quiet.

"Uuu...uuuu...uaaaaaahhh! Papi! Why aren't you moving! *sniff* Ahhh! Help! Papi isn't moving! We're stuck!" The girl cried out, buried by her father's body and shielded from the coffin of metal and fire. Sadly, no one would come to help her.

*click*

An oddly shaped shell dropped to the ground. "Tch. I missed."

No matter. The flames made it harder to aim, but he carefully took a focused breath and searched for his targets. Once he found them, he'd simply aim and end it here and there.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 01:03:48 AM by francobull3 »

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2019, 12:02:22 AM »
Suerte

"Goddamn it!" she yelled, slamming her fist into the tree.

It felt like she was going to collapse. Taking her first break in several hours, Suerte stared at the back of her fingers.  They were bloody and busted.  It looked like she might have fractured something, felt like it too.  Martial artists were said to have trained their bodies by practicing their punches and kicks on trees.  Suerte had been doing it several days a week for the past year, but she still wasn't strong enough.  Despite her friends telling her that training would erode her feminine looks in favor of ugly manly muscle, the cowgirl gained nothing.  She was still her soft feminine self.

That was probably why she was still so weak.  She literally couldn't get stronger.

"Oh thats so cool!  I-"

Her hyperactive cheering was interrupted by the sound of a girl crying.  The cowgirl leaped out of the truck, rushing to the side at top speed.  She bent down, hooking her hands around the bottom of the truck.  Slowly but surely she lifted the truck off the ground.  She had to make sure she went slow enough that Justice could adjust his shot but fast enough that the girl wouldn't die.  They needed the cover fire to save her just as much as her own strength.

"Hang in there sweetie!  I'll get you out of there!"

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2019, 05:15:33 PM »
Justice

The gruesome crash and painful cry for help did not distract as much as Suerte's reaction bore into him, but his concentration didn't wane. Whatever the shock, she was on it, and the rider would do his part without fail.

Readjusting the gun, the rider's target fell on his aim, and he squeezed the trigger. Thunder boomed behind the round, followed instantly by the click of the pulled bolt and the hiss of ejected entropy, and Justice shot again. Two more blasts cracked the air, disabling rather than lethal.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 05:16:12 PM by YOLF »