Author Topic: Highway 13  (Read 10962 times)

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: Highway 13
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2019, 08:06:53 PM »
Thorra

Thorra wasn't picky. She walked up to a vending machine and gave it a solid whack, sending a surge of electricity through it and causing it to release a torrent of delicious snacks, and only slightly cracking the glass and leaving a small dent on the side.

"Hmmnnnn..." She muttered, crouching down and pulling out bag after bag of chips and pretzels. She turned her head, staring at the tiny distraught girl sitting upon a bench near her.

She looks like she's seen some stuff. She thought idly, walking over to the bench and plopping herself down. She hang herself from her finger, swinging herself back and forth, and then offered the girl a bag of chips.

"So, what's your deal? Why are you hanging around such a dilapidated, terrible part of this city, little girl?"

Mothra:

Mothra was so caught up in her little world that she didn't noticed she had company until a bag of chips plopped right down in front of her. "Gyah!" she squeaked, nearly dropping the artifact she was boring her eyes into just moments before onto the floor. The moment she laid eyes on her new companion, the teenager's face turned a deep shade of red, right up to her ears. This blonde woman was wearing a cape and practically nothing else. Was she a...lady of the night?

"So, what's your deal? Why are you hanging around such a dilapidated, terrible part of this city, little girl?" the stranger asked.

"I am...uh..." The blonde sure was pretty, Mothra had to look away to refocus, "I am looking for someone."

Thorra

Thorra cocked her head, looking down upon the plain looking teenager with an unerring focus. She threw a fistfull of her chips inside her mouth, staring intently at the little gadget Mothra held.

"What's that?" She scooted closer and reached out, grabbing it with blinding speed. She turned it over in her hands, staring at it intently. "I've never really seen anything like this before, but it smells funny..."
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 08:15:37 PM by Sinib »

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2019, 02:27:57 AM »
Vega

Nexus Time 8:00 PM

I had been researching them for some time Lulu. It was only recently that I found a lead in that man and managed to abduct him.

"Ahhh, there is nothing more refreshing than the feel of the wind against one's face. Wouldn't you agree?" The night lights and winds danced around the highway, stroking the five as they rode into the night. Handling the wheel himself, sporting his sharp attire and sunglasses, Vega drove freely across the roads, a wide smile on his face.

A prostitution ring. To think even the rich and affluent find no better than to prey on the innocent and the weak. Women in the slums and poorer districts are targeted, coerced into vile acts and ultimately forced to sell their souls and dignities away. I care little for the rabble, and I understand that women have a right to use their bodies as they wish. I acknowledge that independent freedom. However...

The two maids struggled to keep their puffy hats on, though their porcelain cloth shone through the night. They were sitting in the back, with Lulu sitting at the privileged throne in the middle. Had circumstances been different, Vega would have allowed her to sit by his side. However, that spot was taken by someone else.

To remove them the choice, to strip them of their humanity and force them to live like cattle. Those who take advantage of the weak and vulnerable to further their sick desires... exploiting women and children. It disgusts me. Such things have no place in my world.

A still woman in white, with hair brighter than the moon's and eyes like the empty sea, was watching the road ahead emptily. She seemed young and scarcely moved at all. It was more like looking at a ghost, dazzling and enchanting. Vega didn't seem to mind. Then again, what Vega seemed and what he was didn't always have to match.

Bern

• Administrator
  • Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2019, 03:23:41 AM »
Lulu

"A bit late for such sentiments. I usually prefer day time trips." The wind blew last comfortably however she still had to keep her hands on her lap to prevent her dress from hiking up any further, she was already showing enough skin as it was.

That is truly disgusting but I can't say I don't have any experience with it. We could take advantage of that, you could try to sell me  to them, that way we could get a better idea about thrm.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 03:24:16 AM by Bern »

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2019, 03:59:50 AM »
Vega

Vega laughed as his long hair trailed behind him, swinging about as the winds stroked each golden lock. "Haha! I see. I couldn't disagree more. I feel the cover of the night... liberating." He made a turn and the car drove past another sign. The beach, that seemed to be their destination... for now.

Are you suggesting I leave my treasure to the eyes and hands of filth? Even for a joke, you are going too far. But if you could...

For a moment, his relaxed expression tensed subconsciously. 

If I had gotten a better contact, I would have already carved every last one of them. The truth is, they have done well to hide from me thus far. Too well. It took me a month to get in contact with one of them and garner their trust. I befriended him not too long in a bar, and the way things were going I would have managed to get closer. But he... irritated me.

His hand was quaking ever so slightly. It was a small, infinitely minuscule detail. One that a lady of her standing might not miss. However, just as quickly, he relaxed and smiled confidently, sparing a glance at one of his maids if not for a moment. "You have brought the baggage along, right?" His voice and mood were both splendid. The maid, flustered, nodded. "Y-yes master!"

He made one more turn. It wouldn't be too long.

"Good~!"

He's alive... for now. And so eager to talk. It's a shame he has made no shortage of attempts to deceive me. I was hoping you could help me with this. The rest... we will see. Make no mistake, I will take your words in consideration.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 04:00:31 AM by francobull3 »

MissingMandible

• Hello Darkness my old friend. It sucks to be with you again.
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2019, 06:31:55 AM »
Thorra

Thorra cocked her head, looking down upon the plain looking teenager with an unerring focus. She threw a fistfull of her chips inside her mouth, staring intently at the little gadget Mothra held.

"What's that?" She scooted closer and reached out, grabbing it with blinding speed. She turned it over in her hands, staring at it intently. "I've never really seen anything like this before, but it smells funny..."

Mothra:

Before she could react, the stranger snatched the mystery device right out of her hands, "He-hey! Give that back!" Mothra demanded, throwing her body over the table in a panicked bid to reclaim the object.

There were souls trapped inside the gadgt, and who knows if tampering with it could damage, or worse, destroy those unfortunates within.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2019, 07:02:12 PM »
Thorra

Mothra:

Before she could react, the stranger snatched the mystery device right out of her hands, "He-hey! Give that back!" Mothra demanded, throwing her body over the table in a panicked bid to reclaim the object.

There were souls trapped inside the gadgt, and who knows if tampering with it could damage, or worse, destroy those unfortunates within.

Thorra

Thorra handed the thing back after a few moments. "You're looking for someone? There's clearly more to it than that, I can sense the power held within that trinket of yours."

She smiled. "You're not really a normal girl, are you?"

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Bern

• Administrator
  • Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2019, 08:24:28 PM »
Lulu

"Oh please, everyone knows that. I¨m just saying that breezes work best during the day when it is cooling you down from the gaze of the blazing sun." She did catch his quick tensing of the hand, it looked like he was forcing on an act for some reason.

So my appearance is irrelevant yet my body is also one of your treasures? If you truly treasured me then show it by treating me like an actual woman and not an object you wish to posses. As for your guest..... As long as I make eye contact with him, I will be able to read as mind and know his general location no matter where he goes. It quite the powerful tool would you not agree?

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2019, 08:47:12 PM »
Vega

I pity you. It's one thing to be surrounded in filth, but to be exposed to the muck and grime beneath the thoughts of the peasants... it must be hell. His thoughts sounded sad. He truly felt sorry for her gift, from the bottom of his heart. The ugliness of others already pushed him this far, naturally, he was sure that he'd probably try to exterminate everyone in the world if even their disgusting thoughts violated him. It wasn't quite blissful ignorance, but the fact he couldn't tell what others thought was probably for the best.

But I suppose your torment has its uses. And... how exactly am I treating you like an object?

It was truly puzzling.

Bern

• Administrator
  • Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2019, 10:03:03 PM »
Lulu

I only hear what I want to hear. Useless thoughts are just filtered away as a pleasant background noice, it is almost like having a constant soundtrack playing for yourself.

She leaned back further in the seat, it was more for visual presentation that anything else. With how little she actually weighed, this kind of breeze might actually blow her away if she wasn't grounding herself with her power.

"Hey careful, you're gonna miss the exit if you bask in the breeze too much."

You refer to me as your treasure while abstracting a value to me based entirely on the notion of me 'belonging' to you, rather than how much you actually enjoy my presence. If you are not even attracted to me, what right do you have to impose on others how they view me?

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 16, 2019, 12:43:48 AM »
Highway Battle Dess

"Kah..." The spider wheezed weakly. "As if you'd...lose any sleep... over something like that..."

The air shimmered by the roadside... and the ominous feeling reached its climax. A ghostly figure emerged, its shoulder bloodied from the last exchange... but before it could even be fully perceived, the bullet had already shot forth. And yet, there was nothing. Nothing aside smoke that had seeped out of the weapon.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 16, 2019, 06:17:33 PM »
Justice

It would bother him, but he wouldn't lose sleep, the spider was right. He wouldn't lose focus either - and so he did not miss the flare of danger, nor the momentary return of the spectre that haunted them.

Justice shoved the bloodied youth behind him, and the projectile banged against his armor, rattling his arm. The rider's nerves lit on fire, and in the same instant his figure ignited with titanic fury. His fiendish face came uncovered from his gauntlet and his eyes flashed with a whirring ray that cut the road, melting through the direction of the attacker's shadow.
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 17, 2019, 03:19:39 AM »
Suerte

Suerte's eyes tracked the shot, her arms instinctively drawing her twin pistols.  A mechanical noise filled the air, marking the change in her bullet type.  One barrel aimed at the ground, the other aimed at the figure.  A single bang, two shots.  The one aimed down struck the ground between them, kicking up an enormous cloud of smoke.  The other bullet went straight towards the ghostly creature.  If it was a paranormal apparition, this bullet would be able to strike it.  If not, she at least knew it wasn't a ghost.

"Howdy."

It didn't matter if the ghost dodged or not, they were going to charge it.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2019, 04:14:00 AM by yinsukin »

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 17, 2019, 04:11:41 AM »
The Mysterious Marksman

Something shimmered as the bullet hit. No, it was his silhouette, fading into thin air. The bullet passed through, and only the shifting of the air revealed that he was in fact there. However!

Two ungodly eyes seared through the winds and pierced right through just as they were to evade. The air where he once was hyper heated and a blast of heat billowed forth! The group dashed right into nothing, but there was a gut feeling that something happened. The rest was silence. For a moment, it wasn't sure if it'd strike again.

MissingMandible

• Hello Darkness my old friend. It sucks to be with you again.
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 17, 2019, 06:17:57 AM »
Thorra

Thorra handed the thing back after a few moments. "You're looking for someone? There's clearly more to it than that, I can sense the power held within that trinket of yours."

She smiled. "You're not really a normal girl, are you?"

Mothra:

"Well, I, uh..." 

Mothra fell back to her seat, once again turning her gaze downwards. Truth be told, she's just too tired right now to continue the facade. "You're the first one who could tell," the teenager stated, misinterpreting what the beautiful lady meant, "Though I am looking for someone - my neighbor's son. He went missing, and I'm afraid something happened."

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 17, 2019, 03:53:24 PM »
Vega

Ah.

Vega just kept driving, silent for a moment as if he had an epiohany. To think all this time he treated her in such a way. He did objectify her, he saw it now.

Then I suppose so.

Then he'd just keep doing that. That was his way. Possessive, stubborn, irascible, vain, prideful... those were all traits belonging to him. To not follow his own path to the end would be admitting defeat, and that he'd simply never do.

And remember this. If I was not drawn to you, you would not be standing by my side at all.

"I do think you're cute. My cute little maid, and no one else's. Never forget that." He smiled as he reached the exit. Soon, they'd be there. Soon, this story would reach its end, and he'd smile and live another day. "What am I to you?"
« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 01:54:22 AM by francobull3 »