Author Topic: Highway 13  (Read 11508 times)

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: Highway 13
« Reply #75 on: November 29, 2019, 08:00:33 PM »
Thorra

Thorra scratched her forehead. "A year, huh? This city does seem pretty crazy, but what you're describing is even crazier than what I'd figured."

She stared into the sky, and then burst out into a joyous smile. "But, it does sound perfect for me. Chaotic situations are great for strengthening my legend."

She offered Mothra a hand. "Let's go find a nicer place to talk. Do you have a drawer or something I can sleep in at your house? Maybe a pillow?"

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 02, 2019, 12:45:49 AM »
A-702

"...don't bother, I'll be fine. Remember? I can't die."  His eyes narrowed as the rider dragged him away. Despite that, his voice was starting to clear up.

He wished he could tell him the truth. But this mission... its success had to come first, no matter the cost. Thinking about that, the regenerating flesh was squirming a bit, feeling like something was crawling inside.

"Why did you accept the job?"

(At the highway)

The cowgirl advanced alone. with nothing but her guns and her mission by her side. That substance would be able to save those who were lost. To many people, this was something they'd be willing to sunder entire countries for. That was the hope she foolishly held in her hand.

All for the sake of a little girl.

As she advanced at frightening speed, her step suddenly triggered something, but it wasn't but a split second later before the sharpnel burst from  the ground next to her.  Had he already set up antipersonel mines!? The impact was hard enough to wound a large animal severely!

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 02, 2019, 02:02:05 AM »
Suerte

That girl...  Would she have tried to save her father if she had the chance?

Two men stood opposite to one another, their faces obscured by shadow.  The ground beneath them was nothing but the remains of a house that once belonged to a happy family, torn to shreds by bullets.  There was no longer any cover, nowhere left to run.

"It took me a long time to track you down old man.  I can't say the legendary slayer of countries disappoints," the man said.  Suerte still to this day will never forget the terror she felt when she realized this man did so much damaged, pushed her parents so far on his own.

"Settle down partner, i'm just a man trying to raise a daughter with his wife," her father retorted.  "Well... his daughter."

Thats right.  Her mother was already dead, gunned down by this man in cold blood.  Why?  He was only looking for his father right?  Why her mother?

"I've got one bullet left," the assailant said.  "How about we make this the last game we play?"

"I only play games with my sweet darling and your neither my wife nor daughter."

That man, the man who killed her father merely smiled.  It was as if he knew how this was going to go from the start.  No he did, thats what she learned later at least.  The ability to see all possible events and choose the one he desired, that was his power.  His words still haunt her.

"You know, there wasn't a single world, a single possibility of you helping him!  They say children grow up just like their parents, but after seeing you, I say thats bullshit.  Your father was a hero and you a coward!"

"Father..." she mumbled aloud, only for her words to be interrupted by the sound of something going off.  She turned, eyes wide as shrapnel flew at her body.  How careless of her.  "Am I a coward?"

Every single one of the shrapnel pieces missed.  It was a stroke of luck, the kind of thing only years and years of prayer could offer, a once in a lifetime miracle.  They all flew passed her face, body, and hair, not even scratching the clothes on her body.  Then she smiled and shouted,

"C'mon out.  I didn't get a good look at you, but from what i've seen so far, it sounds like you have the face of a wuss.  Its ok though, I prefer dick but i'm fine with fucking a pussy!"

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 02, 2019, 03:34:52 AM »
The Assassin

The gunman was calm. Hidden, he suddenly appeared behind Suerte, as if conjured from thin air. His rifle already drawn to shoot her back. No words needed to be spoken in the battlefield.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 03, 2019, 01:58:53 AM »
A-702

"...don't bother, I'll be fine. Remember? I can't die."  His eyes narrowed as the rider dragged him away. Despite that, his voice was starting to clear up.

He wished he could tell him the truth. But this mission... its success had to come first, no matter the cost. Thinking about that, the regenerating flesh was squirming a bit, feeling like something was crawling inside.

"Why did you accept the job?"

Justice

He didn't take his eyes off his surroundings to answer him. Justice rumbled, "You may be recyclable for others' convenience, but the only you you will ever have is now."

If the rider seemed to scoff then, not at the other man but someone else, and his hold on the child tightened by an amount that no sleeping human would notice, there was no one to remark on it, and few who would notice even if they were watching.

"Because I could, and there was the need. Is that enough for you?"
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 03, 2019, 02:01:52 AM »
Suerte

Suerte paused, sweat forming on her cheek.  A point-blank shot.  Her luck wasn't going to protect her from something like that.  For the first time in a long time, she felt the grip of death take hold of her heart.  It was.... absolutely exhilarating.  Yes, there was no need for words on the battlefield, but no reason they couldn't play a little game of Russian roulette.  In most cases, this was a sure-fire win, but not when fighting Suerte.

With the pistols still at her side, she fired at the ground.  The bullet would bounce off of the ground at the perfect angle and strike the would-be killer.  Even if he managed to hit her, it would still go off.  He would have to deal with at least two bullets on a crash course for vital points.

MissingMandible

• Hello Darkness my old friend. It sucks to be with you again.
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 05, 2019, 07:42:51 AM »
Thorra

Thorra scratched her forehead. "A year, huh? This city does seem pretty crazy, but what you're describing is even crazier than what I'd figured."

She stared into the sky, and then burst out into a joyous smile. "But, it does sound perfect for me. Chaotic situations are great for strengthening my legend."

She offered Mothra a hand. "Let's go find a nicer place to talk. Do you have a drawer or something I can sleep in at your house? Maybe a pillow?"
Mothra:

Sleep, huh? That does sound lovely right now. The weight of the day was bearing down on her. As for the blonde woman...She couldn't turn her away. It's not wise, but Mothra couldn't just leave the newcomer behind, especially when she gave her some much needed emotional support.

"Yeah, sure I do. But it is going to be a little bit of a walk."

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 05, 2019, 04:20:07 PM »
Thorra

Mothra:

Sleep, huh? That does sound lovely right now. The weight of the day was bearing down on her. As for the blonde woman...She couldn't turn her away. It's not wise, but Mothra couldn't just leave the newcomer behind, especially when she gave her some much needed emotional support.

"Yeah, sure I do. But it is going to be a little bit of a walk."

Thorra

Mothra found herself unceremoniously hoisted up by the giant and tucked neatly under her arm. "No need to walk. We can get a better view from the air."

Thorra leapt up with explosive force, and soon, they were soaring through the night sky. "So, which direction should we go?"

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 06, 2019, 08:42:30 PM »
The Assassin

Click

Suerte had shot first. But just as the bullets had hit the asphalt to bounce straight into him, his trigger was already fired.

At first, a cold pop. Not much different from getting a shot at the doctor or popping a zit. But it felt cold, unnatural. And soon, that cold feeling assailed her body. Before then, she might notice a wet iron taste fill her mouth and drip down her chin, and her chest suddenly felt lighter.

A hole the size of a fist popped from her spine to her chest, wrecking her heart from the inside out.

The bullets flew up to crash on the ghostly figure, but they phased right through him as if he were thin air, one step ahead from her. And the roulette wheel spins once again.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 06, 2019, 08:52:38 PM »
A-702

The spider smiled and tugged at the rider, focusing on the feeling of the galloping beast riding through the night. Suddenly, he felt something cold on the back of his neck. It wasn't something you'd immediately pick up on, but for some reason, he felt a chill.

Justice could feel it too, maybe even more clearly. At first, it wasn't all the noticeable, but little by little a waterdrop would fall on them.

"Hey, are there any clouds in the sky?" He asked weakly.

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 07, 2019, 01:39:00 AM »
Suerte

Damn she thought, her mouth filling with blood.  She stared down at her body and saw she had a huge hole in her chest.  Of course, it missed her heart, but she couldn't breathe.

How stupid.  Not a single shot connected, it passed through him like he was made of air.  Why didn't she move?  What a stupid line she gave that kid.  Fate wasn't something that would protect her for nothing.  Fate favors the bold, not the foolish.  That was always the difference between her and her opponents.  The foolish and the bold.

But then she saw it.  That little girl's father's body lying on the ground, still, motionless.  She wondered if his heart still beat if he could feel death calling to him, just as she it was calling to her.

"Daddy!"

A young Suerte fell on her hands and knees, rested over her father's corpse.  His body was cold, his eyes lifeless, yet there was a smile on his face.  Why was he smiling?  Tears welled up in her eyes, obscuring her father's handsome face from her view.  She would never again hear his voice, feel his warmth, hear his wisdom.  Both he and her mother were completely gone from this world forever.

Suerte spent her entire career chasing that smile.  The girl experienced the thrill of a kill, the achievement of taking down strong foes, the satisfaction of saving lives and even the simple joy of giving another a smile.  Maybe thats all she cared about, killing, overcoming and loving.  All she knew was the smile she wore was not the same as the one burned into her mind.

Thats right.

How could she die here, unable to save that man?  If someone had said they would save her father, how pathetic would it be if they just died before achieving their goal?  There only needed to be one fatherless girl on this highway.

Suerte gripped her pistols and turned to face the assassin, no the wind itself.  Ironic because she could no longer grasp the wind with her breathe anymore.  Mustering the rest of her strength, she turned to face the last shimmer of what remained of the man.  At the very least, she figured out what his ability was.  With blood dripping down her lips, she smiled.

That familiar mechanical noise echoed through the empty road, followed by a bullet.  This was a special bullet carved from her will to live.  It would suck his body into the bullet, well a part of it or just downright rip through his windy body.  There would be no coming back if he got hit.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 07, 2019, 01:46:50 AM »
The assassin

The bullets raged on, the vacuums screamed. But everything was so very silent.

In front of her, nothing changed. But there was no trace of the assailant now. The way was clear.

Blood spurted and viscera slipped out of the great hole on her chest, enough to cause even a strong animal to collapse. At the very least, the pain wouldn't come yet. But for every second, every moment, she lost more and more blood. Her body was weakening.

The father in the wreckage was just about 100 meters away. A distance like this... surely it woudn't stop her. Even if she had to crawl.

But would she make it in time?

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 07, 2019, 03:03:06 AM »
Suerte

Suerte's hand reached out towards the man, as if she were to grasp at his body.  She could feel the blood trickling down her clothes, settling into the crevices of the concrete.  Those soft hazel eyes of hers stayed locked on the body of that man in the distance, her arms shaking as she pulled her body forward.  It was strange.  As she pulled herself forward, she realized it was much easier than it should have been.

She was lighter now.

This was impossible.  Her shaking arms brought her gun up into view.  She could shoot herself, perhaps heal herself.  Truthfully, she has never done it before, never needed to.  Technically there were a few times during the incident where she tracked down her father's killer, but she was always saved by someone else.  For all she knew, the bullets would still hurt her, even if they could heal her injuries.  If she took another serious injury, she could die.

Strange...  She could feel her lips straining themselves, still plastered into a big stupid smile.  Is this what she wanted?  Is this the thrill she craved?  No it couldn't be.  She was terrified.  She didn't want to die.  A part of her wanted to call out to Justice, Vanilla, anyone, get them to save her.  Why was this happening?  Fate was supposed to be on her side now.  Did the goddess forsake her?

Suerte's hazel eyes glanced at the weapon.  What would you do father?

Staring back at the man, she saw her father's body.  The concrete road seemed to shift and mold into that sandy ground where her father lay.  The entire highway seemed to give way to her old world.  It was as if she was being pulled back. 

No, she was just dying.

Just then, she saw her father's body twitch.  It seemed to stand up.  It was coming towards her, its hands reaching out to her.  Tears welled up in Suerte's eyes as she stared at her father.  "Suerte fate has failed you.  Your luck has run out.  It's time to come home...."

Suerte's arm jolted into action, the barrel of the gun pointed directly to her head.  The familiar mechanical noise rang through the highway like a gunshot.  "I'm sorry.... but I... I don't want to come home yet... I... failed you..."

"Its alright.  So what if you failed?  Come back to us...  We miss you...."

"....I can't come back to you, not as a failure.  I was too weak to avenge you without the help of fate, without luck and too weak to keep its favor...."

Her father's figure stood in front of her, bending down to reach out to her.  His hands brushed against her soft cheeks.  "Well then sweetie.... I want to see you give it everything you got, just like you used to..."

The dessert shattered, the world falling away into darkness.  A gunshot louder than any other rang through the highway.  Although, it wasn't the sound of a gunshot, it was the sound of the bullet penetrating Suerte's skull.  The cowgirl laid in complete silence, a smile plastered on her face.

MissingMandible

• Hello Darkness my old friend. It sucks to be with you again.
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 07, 2019, 04:06:58 AM »
Thorra

Mothra found herself unceremoniously hoisted up by the giant and tucked neatly under her arm. "No need to walk. We can get a better view from the air."

Thorra leapt up with explosive force, and soon, they were soaring through the night sky. "So, which direction should we go?"
Mothra:

When the blonde shoved her under her arm, all Mothra could do was squeak an "Eh?"

When she launched like a goddamn rocket through the roof of the grimy gas station, Mothra practically shrieked. The teenager suddenly became quite aware of her own frail mortality while in her human form. Especially since they were well over a couple hundred feet at this point. "East! East! East! Easteasteasteasteast! Waaagh-gh-gh"

This was different to her own flight - she had control when she flew. While she didn't pick up any ill intent from her new companion, an accidental drop from this height down to the concrete below would not be a fun time.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 09, 2019, 01:16:03 AM »
A-702

The spider smiled and tugged at the rider, focusing on the feeling of the galloping beast riding through the night. Suddenly, he felt something cold on the back of his neck. It wasn't something you'd immediately pick up on, but for some reason, he felt a chill.

Justice could feel it too, maybe even more clearly. At first, it wasn't all the noticeable, but little by little a waterdrop would fall on them.

"Hey, are there any clouds in the sky?" He asked weakly.

Justice

Punishment had stopped moving. As rider and steed felt the cold, harmless pinpricks, the silence on the shadow of the highway seemed to send something to crawl down Justice's back. His hand squeezed the handle of the great sword.

"No," he retorted stiffly.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 01:26:18 AM by YOLF »
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts