Author Topic: The Blessed Woodlands  (Read 3793 times)

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
Re: The Blessed Woodlands
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2020, 03:04:47 PM »
Lubei Sang
7:15 AM, Nexus Time

While the dawn approached at their back, every step into the hallowed zone painted the sky and ground with blackness. Eternal night and primordial soil stretched around the duo, welcoming the strays while ignorant to their feelings. Luminous dots sprinkled the canopy until it stared down as a torn curtain filtering starlight, and pale, fibrous trees rose on every side like graves of gnarled marble. Life outsider to the rest of creation followed them with empty eyes from the cover of crystals and metallic leaves.

Here was the homeliness of a tomb that was a cradle, teeming with beasts that were not beasts in either cleverness or flesh, painted with the purity of an untouched canvas if the weave was a thousand colors unseen to the naked eye. A garden that shone like a jewel if its facets had been watered in blood and carved of heaven. The one truth it guarded was terror yet to be written.

Lubei mulled on the scene, slowing his steps. Not reverence but a indistinct, even more powerful wariness kept him on edge now. His snowy blade vibrated in its sheath in lieu of its master.

"Where to?"
« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 03:32:11 PM by YOLF »
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2020, 10:43:32 PM »
Uria

7:15 AM Nexus Time

"Same old same old," they muttered with some degree of boredom. It looked like it wasn't quite time yet! "Well, he's gonna come down from up there." They pointed up at the sky with a mildly annoyed look on their face. "But the big dumb baby doesn't want to come out yet."

There was an annoyed look on Uria's face as they clambered up onto a tree that seemed to respond to their touch, forming almost a cradle for them to lie in.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2020, 02:22:34 AM »
The Voyager and the Hero

The forest offered only silent prayers, with its alien formation and strange white organisms that merely only stared up at the hole in the sky. There was a certain beauty to it, truthfully. It was calm, peaceful, and thus could not last.

Two great explosions erupted from the left and the right at the same time. One, a blast of spewing flame that licked the skies ferociously with true hunger. The other, a pillar of lightning which whipped accross the heavens like the lash of justice. The shattered trees and animals could not even lament their destruction.

"And it grew both day and night. Till it bore an apple bright. And my foe beheld it shine..." A smooth, mysterious voice was followed by calm steps, and a shadow emerged from the flames. A thin, pallid man with cracks accross his face was smoothly approaching the two with an air of wonder. Was he reading some sort of book? Before such a question could even be asked, he shut it close with a snap.

"And he knew that it was mine." He looked straight at Uria with a small, hesitant smile. As he did so, thinderous steps boomed accross the forest, until the armored behemoth revealed itself, with a glare alike 10 000 war lances aimed straight at the two.

"You madmen. What have you done in the slums? Do you have even less shame than animals?"
The knight's eyes were gaping with cold fury, but most of all disbelief. A mere child!? Such madness, with regret and indignation, he slowly approached to deliver justice.

Meanwhile, the man clad in black merely sighed. "I think what he meant to say was... retribution for your shenanigans shall be quite severe. Was there a motive for your villainy? My good friend might show some leniency... if he cares enough to listen." He twirled his cane as a gentleman, drawing an arc before pointing at the hole above the four dramatically.

« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 02:24:26 AM by francobull3 »

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2020, 03:09:48 AM »
Lubei

For a single breath the demon king's expression cracked, and he paused like a taut bowstring, mid-step towards the space between Uria and the two arrivals. For ravaging this place before his eyes alone, Lubei didn't know whether to thank them or grow furious, but his hand tightened on the hilt of Three Poisons.

"And who are you?" Around his scowl, scales of frost bloomed and a wave of wintery air blew over the surroundings. Not even his companion was wholly spared. "You want justifications before even presenting yourselves? We have no excuses, and no reason to explain without knowing what it is to you, first."
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2020, 03:23:34 AM »
The voyager and the hero

"A man of no consequence. Nothing but a weary traveler, ready to turn ship." The ashen man bowed with a small smile, and a black lion emerged from his shade, while a bird of flame crawled out of his tattoos. He did not break eye contact once. "But unlike you, I merely cowered while the others fell to that child.... you aided her in something quite terrible. Something you knew to be terrible. So please, do spare me the sophistry. Your actions and inaction speak for themselves."

Meanwhile, lightning danced accross the armored man. His eyes glared at the cold man with such intensity, it was almost surreal.

"I am Vanguard. Whatever your reason, you're going to make up for all those lost lives. Run back to the authorities and confess your crimes, or fall here. Either way, it ends right here. Right now."

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2020, 03:34:32 AM »
Uria

Their bright eyes drank up the scene with great interest. They were all being thundery, and cold, and shadowy, and intimidating! It was all so much fun, Uria wanted to try it too. So they breathed in! They breathed in so much to look bigger but in the end they just had to deflate and exhale it all out a bit pathetically. "Aww. I wanted to try too. But I dunno why you're so mad. The people all got to make their choice, and I bet they're having tons of fun now! Don't you think so too?"

They were leaping up and down in their cradle, excitement pouring off of them and seemingly unaware of the tension.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2020, 07:29:08 PM »
Lubei

There were so many things he could say to these two, and he had barely met them. So much dishonesty, and so much outrage backed up in his throat, and he didn't know where to start, or if to start by agreeing. To Uria's flippant retort, however, his face flushed blue.

Lubei abruptly turned towards the child and sunk a foot into the ground with a resounding crash, causing ice floes to erupt in a mandala of anger. "Be silent! Don't sound so proud, what you did was not kindness! It wasn't even selfless, you careless brat. If you value your immature life at all, shrink behind me and let Lubei Sang speak."

He rumbled like a storm from his chest, and his blade jumped halfway out of the sheath with a blinding glare aimed at the knight.

"And to what authority must I surrender? Whose law do you project on an abandoned land, or do you merely feed your justice with the word for a claim? If you want my life, ask for it plainly." The menace only grew towards the crumbling man, the sigils on Lubei's forehead crackling with glacial wind. "As for you, a coward who did nothing to stop a disaster is little less guilty than a fool whose doubt allowed it to happen. What do you really want?"
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 07:30:16 PM by YOLF »

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2020, 07:55:34 PM »
Lawrence

The ashen man frowned sadly. It didn't look disingenuine, for a moment he seemed shaken by his words. Or perhaps... regretful? In the meanwhile, the flame of hell cackled, as if overjoyed. "KHAHAHAHAHAHAH! He's got ya there pal! Oh wow, that was cold, are you just going to -squaaackaaaarghhh! Cheep cheep! Ch-"

He grabbed the nightmare's beak and shut it up with his bare hands. Despite that, he kept his composure looking up.

"A coward I am, and even worse than that, a weakling. Alas, I'd only ever fight something if I thought I'd be able to do it with my skin intact. Compared to someone brimming with life energy like yourself, my life and will are fickle as wind. Alone, you'd have crushed me with no resistance." He glared at both. "But avenging the fallen is much easier than saving them. Even someone like me could do that much, hm?"

But as the pale man bowed and winked, a surge of lightning erupted right in front of him like a cage. The hero's spirit  cracked east, south, and west, much like a cross, and nearly trampled his body with a ravaging storm of light.

Vanguard

"Be silent." Was the knight speaking to the child, the demon, or the man of ash? It wasn't clear. The only thing that could be confirmed was the intensity of the look he gave the two above.

"This isn't about law, but justice. I don't care about the details, go to a station or some mental hospital and seek help. If you think what you've done is a matter of law, you're already beyond help."

He took a decisive step forward, his cape now flowed like the storm behind him. His fist was closed like a vortex of force, begging for release.

"I do not want to take your life, or anyone else's... but you're dreaming if you think I'll let you pull off a stunt like that again. If you don't choose to do the right thing, then I guess its fine. If you don't, that's also fine. Because it's just a choice, right?"

He smiled sincerely at the two of them.

"But I don't think you'll have as much fun as the other ones."

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2020, 12:10:28 AM »
Uria

"Fun? Fighting sounds like a lotta fun too..." They rocked back and forth in the branches with a smile on their face. "I don't know why you're complaining now though! You said you don't want to kill anyone but you didn't try to save them either. You just left them until a monster went nom nom nom!" Uria pointed an accusatory, blackening finger at Vanguard with a grin on their face.

"Oh, I'm not a monster though! I just said that because that's what you want to fight. I'm Mother's savior! I helped them all when no one else did." They leaped off from the tree as their arms changed entirely. One turned into a massive black claw while the other glowed as a shining sword coalesced into its grip. "Lubei, you aren't being very good either though. You've been through this before over and over again! Listen to your bird!" They let out a wet cough as darkness spilled out to cover the ground. Scales, feathers, claws, all these demonic things bubbled up from the vomit. They were all scorched by heavenly flame.

"When you have to fight you have to fight! Their justice or yours. Gods or demons! Because if you don't you'll die, and the only thing after that... is punishment."
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 12:12:22 AM by Umbra of Chaos »

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2020, 02:36:49 AM »
Lubei

Lubei Sang shut his eyes as if he was blinded, and pushed the sabre back down with a forceful shove, hiding the blade from sight. When he deigned the group with his gaze again, pained images teemed behind it. His feathered judge was ever-faithful, but rang with urgency. "To pay for your actions is inevitable, but not every conflict must shed blood. Remember why you cling to life. Think carefully on what you're meant to do!"

To others, it might have appeared as if a skirmish was being fought inside the demon, surrounded on all sides by companies bearing each their own standard. Cracks opened on the sinner king from within.

"Enough, Uria. You gave them no choice but your own convenience. And this not a matter of justice, but what must be done and the cost of it." Lubei growled and swept his arm in a silent command towards the other two. A white wall spurted into being with a glacial groan, and he adressed them from the other side of it.

"There are things I need to verify here. Until I can, I won't forfeit."
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 02:40:17 AM by YOLF »

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2020, 02:49:22 AM »
Vanguard and Lawrence

The knight looked shaken for a second. Was it the child's words, or that man's conviction? Even he wasn't sure... but he knew he couldn't let her do as she pleased. "I can't say I get it... very well. So be it."

The knight sounded sad.

A sudden flash of light was all that was necessary, the next thing they knew a metal knee pulverized the ice, sending snow sprawling everywhere with a crack of lightning. Heavy boots slammed on the turnk of a nearby tree, as he stood horizontally and stared right at both. The thunder cracked, he readied a mighty leap to shatter the kid's ambition here and there with a definite charge.

At the same time, flames flicked silouhettes left, right and upwards as if a flame bounced around stars. One might think the ashen man was in either of them, but in truth he was right above the frozen demon, the Grail King ready to pounce at him with true ferocity.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2020, 12:21:50 AM »
Uria

"Ahhhh, so pretty!" Ice fragments spiraled in the air, rainbows forming between them for a moment of beauty. Then, with a joyous laugh, they leaped right towards Vanguard! The earth buckled beneath their leap and the air screamed as Uria's sword ignited into a heavenly fire. What they lacked for in strength they made up with overwhelming energy, crackling might levelled against his power!

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2020, 05:46:09 PM »
Lubei

Lubei's teeth clicked, and the cold around him jumped to the hardship of a glacial tomb to smother the flames. The mist of his own making kept his eyes from the knight, but he knew the direction of his flight from the sound.

A dozen black stakes solidified from the demon's sea of spirit and shot at the thundering warrior, and without a moment's delay Lubei sprang a arm up to seize the neck of the incoming foe, unmindful of whatever attacks may come from the other sides.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2020, 08:22:54 PM »
Vanguard

The girl turned into a blur of monstruous force, ready to skewer the knight there and there. She was like a comet, with power so terrible it would truly put this world in danger. So this is the power that made all these poor people change. You sadden me.

However, today her star would not shine.

"SORYAH!" He read her intent before she moved, and launched himself against her with thunderous force. As he breached into her range, something bright appeared in his hand. Would he fall to this clash? Would his justice falter in this time of need?

No! No! No! Just look at these lights clashing! Sword slammed against axe, fire against lightning, god against human. The uncertain result revealed itself!

Her sword veered off course by a brilliant parry, and what moved to strike was his palm against her unguarded face. The sword groaned. The fire cracked. The god was stripped bare.

HOWEVER
, the devilman bares frozen fangs! Ice that made even the devil falter has emerged! Thus, it impacts. The impact rattles his aim! Thus, the thunder's cannon misfires. Stakes of ice erupt with unmatched reletlessness against his armor, his thigh, his hip, his neck, his arm. This force shatters them, yes, but this strike honed to cut a just path, the one that deflected the god's strike, is now deflected by Lubei!

But the Vanguard would not give up. His attack was slowed down, but Uria's fate still relentlessly moved to smash down on her body!

Lawrence

And the ice demon miscalculates. Because as it grabs the lion, bubbles erupt from its face and a spike shoots forward to stab through his shoulder while he focuses on the vanguard. Thus, the spike now seeks to disable him now that he shows an opening! Thus, the bird of flame zips to the side in a brilliant arc, and beats its wings to roast the demon with hellfire!

Thus, Lawrence uses the back-paws of his cat as a platform, and merely reads his book.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2020, 02:48:17 AM »
Uria

"Woah!" He was way more agile than they thought he would be! Uria backpedaled, but the sheer force shattered the ground beneath their feet and sent them hurtling straight to the ground. With a clumsy slip they slammed into the dirt, as graceful of an elephant but still overflowing with unnatural speed. Even the comical grasping of their claw at the air was filled with that divided between clumsiness and danger. Their sharpened digits could leave gouges even in the warrior's bulk as they fell.

Yet whether by providence or sheer luck, they had dodged the raging thunder in his palm!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 02:49:38 AM by Umbra of Chaos »