Author Topic: The Great Southern Sea  (Read 2560 times)

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Southern Sea
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2020, 04:41:25 PM »
Aruna

And just like that, the comet of light was knocked back through the ship.  Aruna hyper extended her back, mouth agape in pain as her tiny frame flew through the haul of the ship.  Her back slammed into the surface of the water, skipping across the surface like a stone.

Continued in Albion
« Last Edit: December 13, 2020, 05:55:40 PM by yinsukin »

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2020, 11:32:04 PM »
Mael

As the blows punched her out of the ship like a scattered pebble, his blade groaned and screamed. Even as the hull was cleaved and the black knight rode the scrap of metal over the waves like a surf board, even the crashing waters stilled before the roars of his soul.

Continued in Albion

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2021, 07:28:25 PM »
90 Seconds Later

Zeke?

Explosions. Bursts of flame, broken metal and flesh impacting flash. The violence that swooped over the skies parted the clouds. They all made way for the Seraph's attacks, colliding with dark energies from beyond. It was barely enough time to even start a waltz - but that didn't matter to these monsters. They couldn't stand eachother. Why else would they ha ve dragged their bloodshed across the entire district, swooping into the depths of the ocean's skies?

For but 90 seconds, they likely fought as valiantly and ferociously as demons. They were probably the brightest seconds of Zeke's life.

However, the burning impact against his chest sealed it all. For those were the last seconds of Zeke's life. Pinned against a circular obelisk in the middle of the ocean. Even if he tried to lure her somewhere, it didn't matter if he got killed before his plan came to fruition.

"Grgh...khr... rhhhaAAAAAAAAAHHHGH!!" He burnt, roared, gripped at the lance... then the flames stopped. It all stopped. It wasn't even something deserving of a conclusion.

They both knew that much, glaring at one another. And yet, why was Zeke smiling?

Ah, of course.

Those crystals erupting from him. The grace would just send his consciousness to a new organism. The cycle would perpetuate. Ivanna's victory, even now, was meaningless. What impact did killing something that could come back at any moment truly hold? Did it even hold weight?

Spoiler for Hiden:
A prayer of Joy

No one knows what exactly happened that day. That is because it never happened. December 32, the day where time itself trembled. A strange phenomena surely occurred, but people survived even now. So a calamity that'd have destroyed everything is surely impossible.

But it isn't so.

It is a simple concept. When a bullet is fired and goes past the sound barrier, a sonic boom forms. The same goes for time. When that thing activated, time boomed. And the ripples sent fragments flying and splitting in countless directions, stripping that world of possibilities.

Thus, even this is nothing more than a fragment.

The tower had malfunctioned somewhere along the line. No, it worked exactly as intended. The monument had two main functions - to absorb the souls and energy of beings from worlds outside the Nexus - smelt them into a godkilling blade, and to contain the living souls of those in this Nexus, to protect them from the fallout. A Noah's Ark of sorts, something that would make sure there were humans even after the Gods were destroyed. Of course, the remnants of this world would be ravaged, but after a few generations... it would surely be fine.

But it wasn't.

The process was somehow reversed.

The sword impacted with the Nexus, poisoning its landd and shattering the balance of energies it held in its atmosphere. And because of this sudden imbalance, the tower's Ark formed a vacuum that caused terrible things to pour into the world.

Humanity couldn't survive. Together, everyone fought. Many people died. Demons, humans, monsters, angels, gods, it didn't matter. Whatever befell them was simply too much for the collective beings of that time to handle.

They had to become something else. With forms that could adapt and survive to this hellish land.

That's right...!

Right now, we cannot forget the scars on our hearts, and together we have forgotten how to smile.

However, I believe that this would surely sadden those we've lost.

......Wouldn't it be alright if we could remember how to smile, if only a little bit at a time?

Of course, we can't do this right away.

We have to remember our forgotten smiles bit by bit.

That's why.....I've decided that from today on, I'll try my best to practice smiling. No matter what bodies we'll have, we won't forget eachother. The memories we've grown, the bonds we've forged. We'll be friends, together and always.

..............................That's weird...isn't it?

__________ , if you ever remember how to smile........please show me too.

I feel that if we do that, we'll be able to remember how to smile even more.

Right. Nevermind... there's no way you'd show a piece of shit like me something like that.

"That's right. You died on that day, along with the crewmates of yours. A boy always stuck in the past, reliving your vicarious adventures. But are you really fine with an outcome like that? Medaka, Shinobu, Nep... everyone will die you know? They'll be eaten by the gods and disappear, just like the old ones. What you're seeing is not a prediction, but a prophecy. Because that girl wished for you to come back, everything will be lost. So this is your responsibility too, as a captain and a man. You've got to make sure something like this doesn't happen."

But it's too cruel. Women, children... I can't just sacrifice these people to that thing.

[color=orange"You can't. But you must. You started this story, didn't you? If their bodies remain as originally made, they will be destroyed. You must become the ark that will hold everyone's dreams. It's what you never understood, it's what it means to be a captain. You can't be selfish forever. You'll need to find another Nexus, it might take a few worlds to consume, but it's the only way to prevent that thing from opening again. If you're the one consuming them, they'll keep being alive as part of you."[/color]

The dreamer looks down on the bones prepared for the ritual. He cannot accept such an ending. And why should he? No, he... his comrades... none of them will be pieces to some gameboard, created to be tossed meaninglessly.

He picks up his sword, a fiery phantom from the past.

The tower hadn't activated for so long. He'd have to paint a new tale for it, and countless souls to bring it back. It was the only way left to make sure some people could survive this fragment. He wouldn't just let them die.

For their sake, he'd smile brighter than anyone.

Zeke smiled.

Tears fell down Zeke's cheeks. No. This wasn't Zeke. This hadn't been Zeke since this Ivanna so much as spoke to him. Zeke had been truly killed by another archangel. The dying man in front of Ivanna was just that, a man. The beings he changed were stripped of their bodies, sure, but it was all for a single sake. A single purpose.

As the Ezekiel of old saw prophecies of a great many things, he had seen the same vision the previous Zekes had seen. He was the first, no, the only one who truly rebelled against it. But now, all for nothing.

In the end, Zeke couldn't escape his fate. Neither could the disposable clone in front of her.

But that is why it was a shame. All of this was evitable, but they could never trust eachother.

The old world organisms Ivanna cut down, the ones she had just pierced inside Zeke... they poured down and melted down into mud... only for people to emerge from it. Corpses that were cut down. Humans, children. People Ivanna didn't even try to save, let alone understand. Their souls weren't originally human, as only the memory was preserved in those organisms. Because of that, there was no way these alien things could be accepted in Heaven. No, they would never become human again. If Zeke won, perhaps after a few generations, they'd have gained back what they originally lost. And she could see it, all of it, reflected in that mud.

But that's fine too.

She had vanquished the great evil and won. Now, while corpses kept falling from the sky, and the moon Zeke was pinned into activated for the first time in years... she could surely declare this with all her heart.

She was the righteous one.

"This is... the original... Xibalba. My homeland. Now... with our blood... the ritual can be... undone... but... it's too late... I needed your help.... to close it... why won't it close..." Mud kept pouring open from the white egg.

Now, the world could be saved!

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2021, 11:39:02 PM »
Ivanna

The angel had lost sight of herself in this battle, feeding into the addiction of falling to her emotions, losing control of herself and acting as her instincts demanded. The only thought remaining in her mind was destruction.

She would destroy the demon. She would destroy the abomination. She would murder Ezekiel. To this end, she had suffered many wounds, all ignored in the face of this conflict. To this end, she would pursue her misology to the end.

Some things were best left forgotten, sealed away for eternity.

Ignoring his treacerous words, Ivanna stabbed her arm through his chest. Through the egg. Regardless of the risks or consequences.

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2021, 12:19:26 AM »
The Replaceable One

If there was strength left in that body, it'd had left one final shout as flames ripped its flesh from the inside. Instead, it convulsed one final time while it burnt from the inside and the outside, until it looked like nothing more than a charcoal puppet whose strings had been cut.

But perhaps there was a final spark left.

Its arm moved. Was it an attack? A final act of resistance? Did it laugh in its final moment of illogical life, or did it curse its fate? In the face of this senseless violence, all you could really feel was empty.

"...cold..."

But the strike never came. It just weakly hung onto the little girl, trying to hug her in its final moments. There was a faint warmth to it even while it cooked to death.

And then there was nothing.

And the mud keeps pouring.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2021, 05:20:15 AM »
The Replaceable One

If there was strength left in that body, it'd had left one final shout as flames ripped its flesh from the inside. Instead, it convulsed one final time while it burnt from the inside and the outside, until it looked like nothing more than a charcoal puppet whose strings had been cut.

But perhaps there was a final spark left.

Its arm moved. Was it an attack? A final act of resistance? Did it laugh in its final moment of illogical life, or did it curse its fate? In the face of this senseless violence, all you could really feel was empty.

"...cold..."

But the strike never came. It just weakly hung onto the little girl, trying to hug her in its final moments. There was a faint warmth to it even while it cooked to death.

And then there was nothing.

And the mud keeps pouring.

Ivanna

The angel's arm hung limp against her side, a bone poking out of her battered form. She panted. Pain blossomed all over her form.

It hurts. The motivating rage gone, the angel felt full of emptiness, alone, all too aware of her lord's absence in this moment.

As flames burst out, enveloping the area in holy retribution, she begins to think back upon her life. How an exalted one such as herself had been reduced to such a pitiable state.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2021, 02:38:39 PM »
The Replaceable Ones

Flames burnt away at the pouring mud, attempting to seal the hole.  Even so, with all that strength, it only made the hole larger. Her wish to be rid of this evil was the source of the evil in the first place. It was exactly as that man said, the grace only acted in response to the wish of a host. It didn't need to be a parasitic one though. Her wrath, her pride, it was all reflected into the future. A twisted mirror of her choices up to now.

No. The twisted one was also her.

As long as she wished to destroy evil and sin, there would be filth to purge in this land. Even when there wasn't any to begin with. Especially when there wasn't any to begin with. The only solution would've been -

"It's pitiable. Sometimes, inaction is the best course of action." A robotic, monotone voice echoed from the one thing Ivanna didn't burn completely. The golden eye implanted into him, the Reaper's Eye... it still whirred, even when its host was naught but charcoal. "Ah, don't bother. Striking anything at this point is useless, this is merely a pre recorded message. Consider it my... contingency plan. If you can hear this, o mighty Seraph... you surely understand the position the world is in."

The burnt corpses were purged, thrown back into the abyss that created them. And from the mud overflowing into the seas, giant beasts emerged, gentle sleeping giants that hadn't awoken in so long. Some cooed, others glanced at Ivanna in curiosity. Most of them started to roam away and consume biomass nearby, ignoring her completely until the flames spread to them too.

Much like the graces in that forest, they didn't fight back at all. Some even tried to flee, or protect their young, merely survive. But you can't let that happen, can you? Because you're the hero of this story.

"I apologize, my other half made a disservice to you. See, those things you were so eager to destroy... they're not like children. They are children. Ah, forgive me if it is information already granted to you. I merely wish for you to suffer. You, personally."

A giant roared meekly, trying to stop the pain of the flames, sending a massive fist Ivanna's way. Too slowly, far too slowly. It was a struggle, useless as it was. But the only one who could decide that was Ivanna. After all this wrath, after all of this, there should have been relief. There should have been something beyond this hell, something Zeke or Ivanna saw, something that made everything worth it. If all this violence somehow saved her people, she'd have surely been able to forgive herself.

And we can't allow that.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 06:37:51 PM by Kotomine_Rin »

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2021, 06:41:58 PM »
Ivanna

The lack of responce didn't bother the angel, no. She'd slaughtered masses of children, destroyed cities, all for her lord. She didn't feel any remorse for doing what must be done.

Then why did her heart ache such? Why were tears glistening in her eyes.

In a simple act of defiance, Ivanna's arms fell limp against her sides. "I'm so tired. Your words mean little to one such as me—what are the lives of a few children in service to the lord?" The angel remarked with a raised eyebrow. Then a tired sigh. She waved him away with a dismissive glare.

"Begone from my sight."

Then, Zeke burst into flames, flames which refused to be extinguished like the previous ones. "I wish to meditate, to heal this broken world. You could scarcely understand my pain, so alien you are to it."

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2021, 06:55:12 PM »
Zeke

But of course, the flames that broke into the charred corpse couldn't silence it. Couldn't silence the dead. Couldn't silence the one who didn't speak, or the voices of guilt in her head. But they did break it. Slowly, surely, it sounded less and less human. More and more like an automaton, a thing made to act and be destroyed in turn.

Maybe it would have made things better if it was the truth.

It was her right to see things that way. Her truth was only what she wished to believe. Anything else was unnecessary.

"Ku ku ku... so that is your answer.... fuhuhu... hahahahahaha!"

The giant stood no chance against her and the flames either, wailing as its arm split in two just from trying to strike her, burning until it too was naught but ash.

"But I do. You really are no different, no different than me. You see it as I do, the way this world squirms and rots... it must be fixed by someone, must it not? If we allow it to endure... it will end, and the ones we promised to protect fall with it. No, we cannot... we must not allow it to happen. Just as you have your people and truth to protect, I have mine."

Burning. Robotic. Hateful. Yet... sad, very sad. Because there must have been a way to make things right, but now it will never happen. Because now, the future is set, and the mud will pour before the fire forevermore. Until they end up extinguishing one another. Such is the tragic game the gods have decided.

If they wished to refuse it, all they had to do was fight it.

"My poor son... my Zeke ... you were tied to such useless things ... trying to free yourselves from this fate. If only you spoke of your true intentions, perhaps... ku ku ku... but if so, then the Elven one would have known of your betrayal, mhhh? How deplorable, to think my own flesh and blood would debase himself so to work with an angel. Even if Ivanna allowed it, did you really think I would, mhhhh? No. I will not make this mistake. Our wish, our endings are irreconciliable. You know this, as do I. So let us drop the pretenses. My people, my truth, against yours... Ivanna. It will not end until one of us do."

And finally, the hole in the sky burnt away too. Zeke. The eye. All of it, destroyed by Ivanna, gone forevermore.

But from ash, new life will emerge. Far more terrible than a meager message from the old world.

"This is... a declaration of war..."

And thus, the prologue ends.  And all that's left is a girl, crying alone amidst the ancient corpses.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 06:56:23 PM by Kotomine_Rin »