Cross Effects > Areas

The Great Southern Sea

<< < (2/8) > >>

Kotomine_Rin:
Mael

But the plane didn't relent. Burning through the skies, it fired down on the chains with a terrifying salvo of blackened bullets, as it turned and swayed away from their grasp with a graceful dance. It was a beautiful, glorious set of movements, flowing expertly across the obstacles as the plane lowered once more.

Its hateful eye narrowed, and the knight punched the cockpit, grabbing something from inside. She couldn't see it through, not until it was too late and he already threw it.

A grenade. No, not just a normal grenade... the moment he touched it, it became a ravenous weapon, both heavenly and demonic. Or perhaps... neither. It'd explode violently, even underwater, and swallow her whole with destructive light.

yinsukin:
Aruna

The water split, or rather evaporated in the presence of the granade's raw power, creating a hole where watery mass once existed.  But there was nothing there to find.... is what would normally have happened, but the demon's eyes stared as the light pierced the coat of darkness that she had cast on herself, her form appearing as a sort of specter in the center of the hole.  The whisper wasn't yearning words for the one winged creature, but instead a chant for herself, the coat of darkness that protected her in battle.  Although it peeled back in the face of overwhelming power, the light of god.  Aruna had sunk down further into the depths to dodge the grenade, then rose into the crater, thinking her coat still protected her.

Thats why the glare she gave him had all of her frustration and vulnerability.

Aruna's cheeks were flushed, her eyes watery, the grace on her arm glowing faintly.  A scowl pushed her lips downward, destroying the pretty face of a young woman that she wore.  Shooting directly into the sky, her voice echoed through the clouds.

The endless fire grows, consuming all.
Carved from the endless void, I yearn for power!
As my body grows stronger, I find freedom!
As I find freedom, I yearn for salvation!
Light, oh so absolute in your power,
Feel the weight of everlasting darkness!
A dark swirling void surrounded the arm glowing with light, filling her palm with a radiant dark energy.  The energy then condensed and morphed into a sword.  The surrounding sea crashed on the hole with a roar.  That magic, it was his after all, but it was darkness too.  Could it be he already found the answer she was looking for?  If she survived this, perhaps the demon would find her answer.

Kotomine_Rin:
? ? ? ?

As soon as Aruna's light intensified, the moment her lips uttered the chant, the black knight roared to the heavens. The sudden charge shook the skies and seas alike with unbridled hatred, cursing the one in front of him.

Samael, Demon Lord of The Round Table

Asmael, Fallen Archangel of Despair

No, right now, it was neither. It was a force that sought Aruna... or whatever was inside her. A storm approached.

Claws dug into the vehicle, eyes widened like pure hellfire, and the forces that bound the weapon to his command forced it to move downwards like divine thunder. Yes, a hail of machinegun fire and a salvo of rockets were suddenly crashing down on Aruna's form to smite her. Pure destruction, splitting the water apart with waves of death. The explosions would rip god's creations asunder, the bullets would riddle and tear them apart. And his fist punched into the glass once more, ripping a sniper rifle.

To hunt, one must force the prey to move and open itself. Tire it. Caress it with gunfire. Only then do you fire the final bullet into its heart.

yinsukin:
Aruna

Aruna's eyes suddenly widened.  That trajectory, the accuracy.... he knew where she was?

The demon sunk back into the depths of the ocean, even as the water continued to split from god's wrath.  The bullets flew through her body just as before, not striking a single fragment of skin and merely passing through her.  Spikes emerged from Aruna's body, intercepting the rockets just as her back collided with the splitting tide.  Darkness finally covered her body, allowing her to disappear from mortal senses.  Although to anyone watching, it would look as if the rockets had disintegrated her body.  The question was whether she disappeared into the ocean or smoke clouds that the weapons had created.  A final pained voice echoed through the heavens.

"WHY WON'T YOU ANSWER ME!?  ASMAEL?!  WHAT HAVE I DONE TO YOU?!"

Yet despite those words, the chant had already begun.

Kotomine_Rin:
? ? ? ? ?

Its teeth clenched. That name, that detestable name. With a cold grip that nearly shattered the helicopter's cockpit, the ungodly vehicle approached the water, its wings spinning like a hellish vortex. Waves crashed against one another, and lights flared to seek out the demon as the black knight started to regain altitude. Its eyes ever vigilant.

Closer than before, Aruna might be able to make out the vehicle better. Along with its weapons, it was covered in some sort of black mass, with glowing veins that coalesced into red and blue - giving birth to purple cores that shifted and moved like robotic signs. These lights were neither angelic nor demonic. And yet...

The light was almost heavenly. Was that thing... praying?

"Ουράνιοι οικοδεσπότες, σε γνωρίζω καλά. Ως κατηγορούμενος, έχω δει τις αυλές του ουρανού και της κόλασης. Όλοι αντέχετε το βάρος των πράξεών σας, αλλά δεν έχετε το σημάδι. Δαίμονας, Άγγελος ... δεν υπάρχει ανυπακοή ενάντια στον Θεό. Οι Χάριτες δεν έχουν αμαρτία. Και όμως -"
"Heavenly hosts, I know you well. As an accused, I have seen the courts of heaven and hell. You all bear the weight of your deeds, but you do not have the mark. Demon, Angel ... there is no disobedience against God. The Graces have no sin. And yet - "

The helicopter began to drop hellish flares. Lightning smashed the seas in heavenly indignation, and accursed napalm flares fell into the waters, flowing like a waterfall as they sank to seek the grace holder out. From a distance, a burning angel was descending from the skies, fires that'd burn even beneath the depths.

"Κύριε, η κρίση μου δεν έχει ακόμη ολοκληρωθεί. Υπάρχει ένας ακόμη όχι ανάμεσα στους εκλεκτούς που πρέπει να κριθούν ... αυτός που έχει διαπράξει τη σοβαρή αμαρτία της γενοκτονίας ... ναι, Κύριε, αυτόν που πρέπει τώρα να κρίνω .. είναι ο υψηλότερος θεός, ο δημιουργός μου ... Εσείς, YHVH! Αυτή είναι ... μια δήλωση πολέμου!"
"Lord, my judgment is not yet complete. There is one more not among the elect who must be judged ... the one who has committed the grave sin of genocide ... yes, Lord, the one I must judge now ... is the highest god, my creator ... You, YHVH! This is ... a declaration of war!"

And he'd give its weapons no quarter.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version