Cross Effects > Areas

Albion

<< < (5/9) > >>

Kotomine_Rin:
The Grace Clusters

Dandelion seeds, white as the moon, soared freely into the heavens. Glowing, growing, singing and crying for someone to save them. To succor them. To embrace them. To avenge their fallen brethren, the burnt forest, the fall of their fickle balance.

But they found no one.

No one but themselves.

And so the light spread. And so it grew. To answer that man's prayer. But it was broken, incomplete. It shattered and crack as it tried to expand, and only managed to take a singular shape.

"Hey... isn't it getting kind of awfully bright?" A teen was chilling in his room, listening to heavy metal when an annoying radiance glared at his eyes. He closed the shutters and carried on with his day. Many more would think the same, but the depths of catastrophe would only grow towards those who wished for it.

Falling, crumbling, but growing desperately.

Mael

The dark knight listened, for a second... even considered. But the last words burnt at the fuel inside him, and he brought a hand back - and pointed the blackened gun between her eyes.
"Enough. Damn you... not another word, seraph."

He had been made a fool. But even that, he could forgive. The one he couldn't forgive was himself... and Aruna. Whose light was starting to shine, brighter and brighter.

"It doesn't matter.... it's all unimportant. If I can rip Him to shreds, my life, my pride, my family... they're expendables." The fury in his visage was so deep, so all-consuming, it threatened to devour everything and anything. It wasn't something happiness could save. They couldn't quench it either. Suddenly, the sky turned a blinding white, as if burning along with his declaration. No, it had been glowering for a few seconds. Almost in response to Aruna's own shine.

It was with Mael's throat billowing with blood and his teeth gnashed to the point they sparked with flame... that the depth of that resentment boiled over. When it did, a large heavenly monstrosity, half beast and half man, descended down upon the three. It was no larger than a truck, but its ravenous hands and bulbous, almost cancerous sets of heads moaned. The thing was reaching out to grab Aruna.... the energy resonating from her.

But Mael's burning eye stared straight at the darkangel. Searing with energy, threatening to explode with merciless violence.

"All this time, I've been looking at it. My true enemy."

The beam burnt forth with irresistible speed and power, with little warning to save Aruna from point-blank destruction. And yet... Aruna never felt its burning hate. For it never hit her. Only the thing above her, burnt and severed to bits, fell down the ground and perished there and then.

"We'll settle this another time, Aruna. Until then, don't die on me, okay?" Mael smiled, for the first time with no sadness in his heart.

Kotomine_Rin:
Lawrence

ARE YOU INSANE!?

The loudest, most infuriated, blood-curdling screech in the cosmos must have been nothing compared to whatever blasted from one eardrum to the other. At least, that's how Lawrence felt, his whole head tilting sideways as his hair got messed up from the screaming.

NO WAY! NO WAY! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA.... ANY IDEA JUST HOW RARE THOSE THINGS ARE!? IT'S NOT BAD ENOUGH THAT YOU REFUSE A PERFECTLY GOOD BODY, NOW YOU FLAT OUT SABOTAGE OUR CHANCES TO REACH OUR DREAM!? HELLOOOOOOO!? MISTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER!? SINCE WHEN DO GRACES GROW ON FUCKING TREES, CAUSE LAST TIME I CHECKED THE ENTIRE FOREST BURNT TO THE GROUND!!

"..."

Lawrence nibbled on a baloney sandwitch.

YOU STUPID DUMMY! DUMMY DUMMY DUMMY!!! CAN YOU HEAR THAT!? HUH!? HUH!? YOU DAMN FOOL! ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING!? THAT WAS A PRECIOUS RESEARCH SUBJECT, WE STILL HAVEN'T FOUND LILITH! WHAT THE HELL!! WHAT THE HELLLLLLLLL!!!

The burning bird stared down at the harbor in disbelief. They almost died getting that thing, getting smashed up in that crystal, and dragging their heart back where they could heal up their main body! All to get a genuine grace from that junk heap! Even getting a piece of it inside that useless big brother was a titanic chore! And he'd just throw it away to die! Whaaaat!? The second phenex's eyes glanced back at the ashen man...

The ashen man was yawning.

GODDAMN IT STOP DOZING OFFFFF!

Now, even his skin was rippling back from the vocal strain. Of course, to anyone who could hear so much as a singe decibel, it was more like incomprehensible cheeps and chirps. That is, until Lawrence's cane moved like a schyte.

Then, hiking on the bird's neck, the sounds became more like frightened squawks.

"My eeeeeeeears wooooooooooork fiiiiiiiiiiiine!" This had been the first time Lawrence raised his voice... ever. It didn't even sound angry or emotional, it was as if his monotone nonchalance just grew a couple decibels. Enough to turn the slick fiery bird into the floofiest thing ever.

Lawrence sat back and relaxed.

"It's fine. Everything is fine. I don't really care what happens to old trash anyways. But if I could see that sword of hers, it'd have been fascinating. It could have killed our dearest half in one go, you know?" It wasn't clear what he was talking about, but his eyes were fixated on a single woman, almost enamored.

Until something sparked next to him, shifting his expression into miffed annoyance. He pouted to his left and looked down at the eyeball sitting next to him.

"No. I'm not getting in the robot."

yinsukin:
Aruna

One day i'll kill you.

Aruna ignored the thought.  Shifting into her female form, she silently redirected the mana in the portals to lead back into the mansion.  A burning light of hatred flew into Aruna's face, only to strike an angel into dust, falling to the ground in a pathetic heap of ash and smoke.  It would be easy to make the assumption that she had grown powerful enough that these angels were fodder to her, but it was impossible to ignore the truth.  Every angel she had met was far weaker than the ones in her world.  These weaker angels, the ones lying on the ground would be considered even weaker then that.  It was almost as if they were angelic ghouls, not unlike how vampires can turn weakling humans into something resembling a threat.  This thing was resonating with Mael's power, her power and creating these things.

The light was spreading.

Looking back at Mael, her eyes softened.  "I may have forgiven myself, but I have plenty of hatred for the light and its angels, for god.  Even so, I don't think so much hatred is the answer, not alone anyway.  Even if it drives one forward, it denies the path of balance.  Angel of light and dark, let your hatred consume you and so too will your own power.  You won't have to worry about me dying, not yet anyway.  I don't want to have to fight you again.  The next time I see you, I want it to be as friends."

Friend?  What a strange word.  The dark angel rarely used it with such candid fervor and yet it felt warm to use it like that.  Aruna looked out over the buildings into the skyline.  While she wanted to act now, her efforts alone would not be able to erase the problem.  No, what needed to happen was to attack the root of the problem.  Whether she liked it or not, the graces were her problem just as much as the rest of humanity.  However, before she could deal with that, Aruna had to handle the beast within her.

But before that she would let it run wild.

"Centuries of oppression.  Nothing is going to feel better than slaughtering you monsters."

Bern:
Lulu

It was never going to be that simple

When the Grace Clusters spread what no one had counted on, not even the man who blown the Dandelion seeds in this direction had counted on this, was the sympathetic reaction not just to the fallen angel.

But to the control node right next to her.

Indeed, in her last encounter with Mael, or Asmael as he had been known that time, Lulu had absorbed the metaphysical terminal which was the center of his being, the linchpin of the system that controlled him. It was his his core, and in a way the true heart of the Forest from which these Dandelion Seeds were plucked. Under such heavy resonance there could be only one outcome.

It didn't just flicker down and die, or spawn one measly creature. No, after it seemingly flickered away, the whole formation pulsed with an unnatural power, it drummed with the beat of a holy symphony, one may even call it a heartbeat.

"Oh..... OHHHHH..."

The Clusters grew and grew to the beat of this heart, until the exploded in a bright flash which gave form to a massive army. Tree trunk, roots, bushes and creatures all converged on her.

But more importantly was the swarm of deformed angelic creatures, born of malice and spite and..... was that a longing for home?

"So that's how it was! You're Asmy-chan!.... I didn't anticipate our reunion playing out like this, It was gonna be soooo much cuter that this! Not filled with ugly looking wannabe angels, entirely devoid of my love. How unsightly...."

The Seraph brandished her blade, it's own light intensifying in response to this threat. This strange resonance wasn't just affecting the seeds, her own powers fed into it, it was a resonance loop, where both of them took from each other and gave even more back in return.

"Looks like I have to crop the garden a bit this time... Sorry Asmy-chan but I can't allow this abhorrent reflection of you to exist any longer. It taints your true beauty." She twirled the oversized sword, the action looked utterly ridiculous, with the blade being even bigger than her. But even this was the one thing, the one and only thing with her sword...

That the seraph could do stylishly.

Kotomine_Rin:
Mael

"..."

Mael sighed at the sight around him. No, perhaps this expression was second nature to him, but in a sick way... this was getting fun.

"Suit yourselves." He closed his eyes and shook his head, soon surrounded by more of those things. A flash of light gleamed like a blur, and two concealed combat knives slipped off his sleeve. "I haven't gardened in a while, but I suppose this is more akin to pest extermination." The slashes arced in the air and danced, before the blades were brandished at his former chains. The hate that exhumed from him was outright palpable. A torrent of murderous intent, that could choke whatever was in his maw with presence alone.

But this time, he brandished it at his enemy... accompanied by friends.

"How do humans put it? Right... it's time to have a bash."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version