Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - April 13, 2015—June 23, 2016  (Read 14898 times)

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Relius Clover

Acting complete on instinct, Relius's body exploded with movement the moment he heard the sound of the air whistling.  He had caught the foreign object but he would have to be as quick as possible to stop the swordsmen.  He reflexively raised his hand over his face, as if to protect it.  A giant puppet hand appeared from beneath his cape and covered the entire front of his body, taking the blades attack and leaving a mark on the puppet arm.  At this point, Relius was starting to understand.

In the meantime, Ignis turned around, preparing to protect her master.  On his silent command, the puppet flew into the air and preformed what could only be described as an air roll, except she spun with the speed and consistency of a buzzsaw.  The outside of her body transformed into blades, giving her the appearance spinning pink sonic.  She sped forward, moving both to slash up the swordsman's upper back and shoulders, as well as move back to her masters side.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Sakagami Kenzo

That man was not to be taken lightly. Seeing trough his feint, he was able to block it adroitly and had it been any other opponent, he would have considered it praiseworthy.

Behind him, the demon heard a faint buzzing sound. He didn't have the time to turn around, doing so would leave a fatl opening. But he didn't need to do so. In fact, he didn't even need to back down.

So he ran forward, not even bothering to look at the puppet's new form. Rather, he didn't need to look.

His sword could see it, it could see the battlefield. And as long as it could see, nothing was beyond the blade's reach. It was more than instinct or a reflex, it was as if the blade moved on it's own, as if it's wielder was but an extension of his own sword.

So he blocked the attack adroitly, sparks flying out of the saw and the crimson blade's impact. His muscles were bulging, ripping and clenching as if to scream. But instead of trying to repel the attack, he let himself be carried by it. And he grinned.

It's my win.

The impact added even more speed to the demon, more than enough to propel him even forward and have him come full speed ahead, flying towards that man. One step was enough to have the distance between the two close instantly.

Guarding his back from the saw was the red sword, but on his right-

A scabbard, sheathing a katana sword of smaller stature, was revealed. And with a swift movement, his arm moved like a fleeting wave and unsheathed the blade.

Instantly, he delivered a clean slash to the man, cutting trough that robotic arm of his and his mask. While it wouldn't be deep enough to deal any fatal damage, it would slash his torso up, and risked the chance to penetrate the man's eye.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 12:20:51 PM by francobull3 »

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Infected

Deeper within the tunnel there was a easily seen set of tracks left by the creature. Deep gouges left in the walls and ceiling of the tunnel showed where it had just been and they led to a small pipe in the wall. It seemed barely large enough for the entity to squeeze through but the sounds of claws scraping the metal within the waste pipe gave away its method of escape.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Sakura

Sakura sat still crying for a while. She really wished she could do something, but. . . there was no way she could reconcile his existence. Why was he so different, when he should be so similar? It didn’t make sense, it simply didn’t make any sense. She sighed and pushed her head against Shirou’s.

“Yeah. You’re right.” She said with a sigh. “I just-he doesn’t make sense to me...” Her voice trailed off into silence and she just sat there, hugging him for a good while. His quiet presence was comforting to her, a beacon of safety in the discordant seas of her mind. After a while, she finally spoke up.

“I have something for you.” She said, handing him his apron. It was identical to the one he had used back at their home.

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Sakura

As soon as Irisviel pressed the button to select the map, Sakura found herself teleported into a small, white room.

Eh, what? What happened to the race?

Looking around, Sakura quickly found her answer. Written on one of the walls was a set of instructions.

How to build the awesomest vehicle.

Step 1: Squat

Step 2: Think about your vehicle really hard

Step 3:

Step 4: GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Sakura looked at the wall with confusion for a moment.

What the hell?

Sakura was expecting at least some kind of rules here. What sort of car was she supposed to make? How fast should it be? She didn't want to get hopelessly beaten, but nor did she want to make the race dull for Irisviel by totally outclassing her. Sakura thought for a moment, pondering what to create, before she recalled what Togan had said when describing the tracks.

Racing inside a volcano? Eruptions and meteor showers? This sounds like that "Mario-Kart" game that Kiyoshi likes.

Sakura had, of course, played it with Kiyoshi a few times. She wasn't actually that bad at it. She considered how best to design her car, in light of that information.

Well, given the nature of the race, I need weapons. And, my vehicle should be something personal to me.

Sakura thought for a moment, before she had a brain wave.

Of course. What could be more personal to me than my very own servant? she thought.

Sakura obeyed the instructions and squatted, a vision of her ideal vehicle coming to mind.

Well, nothing in the instructions forbids flying, and Mario Kart does have aeroplanes....

After a few moments of hard thinking, a vehicle began to appear. If you could call it that, anyway. What materialised was, in fact, a winged horse, almost an exact copy of Rider's Pegasus. And, sitting in the front saddle was a simulation of her servant and friend, Rider. Pegasus was, of course, blisteringly fast, although it had a relatively poor turning circle at top speed, and was extremely durable, with exceptionally high HP. She could travel even quicker if she used her super-boost move, Bellerophon, which would also allow her to knock any enemies out of the way. It was much like the bullet power-up from Kiyoshi's Mario Kart game, only it couldn't go around corners. It would be exceptionally useful in the right circumstances, although she wasn't sure how the game mechanics would support what clearly should be a limited-use move. Possibly it would attach some timer or other requirement to its use.

For weapons, aside from the super-boost attack, Rider also possessed her chains, which could be used to attack any nearby opponent in various nasty ways. Additionally, the simulated Rider had her counterpart's signature ability. However, since Rider's usual power would have been totally game-breaking, Sakura had mentally nerfed it. Instead of turning everything in her vision to stone, Rider's eyes could be used to fire a petrification beam in the direction of her opponent. It could, of course, be dodged, but if it hit it would petrify parts of their vehicle, slowing or even stopping them entirely. And, of course, since Sakura had control of the set-up, her own avatar possessed all of her standard magical abilities. She could produce shadow tendrils, create magical shadow entities that could absorb some projectiles, and fire a shadow arrow that would be very corrosive to anything it hit.

Now ready for the race, Sakura mounted the horse behind the simulation of her servant.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 07:43:39 AM by Cherry Lover »

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Richard Maxwell

A faint smile grew back on Richard's face. They were right, absolutely right. Besides, he asked them to come. It would be selfish to tell them to back down after all this.

"Yeah... I knew you two would say that." he muttered.

Then, he got up and smiled warmly. He wasn't as cold as before, not one bit. In fact, he was really happy that he could rely on someone's shoulders. Happy that someone truly cared.

"Because you two are the biggest idiots in the world." he chortled, his words stripped from any veneer and full of affection.

Then, with a bright smile he ran up to Rikuyo and hugged her.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome." Rikuyo beamed at Richard, patting his head affectionally "Don't worry, I won't let anybody spoil your hunt." That was a promise she meant to keep.

Emily

To say that the Spring Courtier was conflicted at the moment would have been a massive understatement. The last time she'd left Mordred by herself in a fight, the Summer Courtier had come back with broken bones. Even ignoring that, the fact remained that this could very well be a trap, especially considering that the person on the other end didn't seem to be one Mordred knew personally at first...

"On second thought," Emily said, "I'm coming with you. Considering what happened last time I left you alone in a fight, there's no way I'm just going to do that again. I know I won't be much use in a fight, but at least I can heal you if things get rough."

Mordred

She was hesitant to bring Emily with her, but she was a useful healer indeed. "On a condition that you prioritize your own safety over mine. I won't have anyone get killed because of my hunt" She declared sternly, making it clear that it was a dangerous venture.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Tohuw Balagan

As soon as the three had finished constructing their vehicle, they were warped into the race track. Fire surrounded the three and immediately they found themselves aboard their respective means of transportation.

The track was like a canyon of lava and fire, volcanoes surrounding them and geysers of flame at every corner. A hell of flames and fire and more burning. And in the middle of it all, a giant volcano, greater than the greater mounts. Smoke was coming forth from the hellish mountain, as if ready to breathe fire. Something was inside it, no doubt.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tohuw grinned smugly. There was no way he could lose, no way in hell.

On his left, Sakura was riding a flying horse with UNIT PEGASUS stamped on it's equine posterior. Immediately, he snickered. There was no way he could lose to a poney!

Then, he turned to the right and his eyes widened in horror. A ship, a giant ass ship with cannons, guns and all that comes with giant ass ships. His jaw almost dropped and sweat dripped from his brow.

She cheated! That was definitely cheating!

"HAH!" he cackled. He could play that game too, and he could do it better. Without wasting a second, he activated the game's console and inputted various commands.

M-U-H-G-I-C

Immediately, his hands began to glow multiple colours, as if rainbows were bursting from his fingers. And he laughed maniacally, for no one could stop him.

"Eat my dust!" he cackled, pulling his tongue out and grimacing at Irisviel's general direction.

Suddenly, a burst of lava came forth like a great pillar of fiery death. And surging from hell itself was a gigantic, titanic, huge Kongou. She looked around, her demonic bubbly eyes piercing all with an adorable stare of death.  Fire gathered around her, the sky swirled and shook as if to escape her clutches, but it was all for naught.

And she roared, like thunder. A hellish war cry that made the earth itself tremble.

BAHHNINGU LAAVUU

Richard Maxwell

Richard flushed when he felt Rikuyo's hand patting his head. This was embarrassing, very embarrassing. Why was he letting her touch him as she pleased? He didn't ask her to do that, he never ever asked that. He could feel his heart thump harder and harder as if it was going to burst out of his chest and eat everyone in the whole wide world.

It had been so long since he was held by anyone at all, he forgot just how warm people could be. She was really really warm, he didn't dislike it one bit. He could feel her fingers flowing trough his hair, her hand rubbing against his head. Without even realizing it, he was snuggling in her arms like a kitten.

If it was possible, he would have liked this moment to last just a little longer.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 05:38:15 PM by francobull3 »

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
Emily

Emily frowned at Mordred's conditions, something that surprised her a little. Sure, the Lost care about the state of their kin, but Emily couldn't say she expected to end up caring this much about someone who wasn't even of her Court, let alone her Freehold. Then again, as far as she knew, Mordred was the only other Changeling around in this curious new place.

"Fine," Emily said with a sigh, "But I have my own condition to impose in turn."

"I can't stop you from getting into this," Emily said, trying to keep her voice even, "But if things get too dangerous, I want you to pull out. I'm sorry, but I really don't want to risk losing you."

Even with her self-control, she couldn't help but sound like she was pleading with her fellow Changeling towards the end.
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Emily

Emily frowned at Mordred's conditions, something that surprised her a little. Sure, the Lost care about the state of their kin, but Emily couldn't say she expected to end up caring this much about someone who wasn't even of her Court, let alone her Freehold. Then again, as far as she knew, Mordred was the only other Changeling around in this curious new place.

"Fine," Emily said with a sigh, "But I have my own condition to impose in turn."

"I can't stop you from getting into this," Emily said, trying to keep her voice even, "But if things get too dangerous, I want you to pull out. I'm sorry, but I really don't want to risk losing you."

Even with her self-control, she couldn't help but sound like she was pleading with her fellow Changeling towards the end.

Mordred

"Don't worry about me. I may have faced many enemies out of my league and survived only because of my own luck or help of my allies, but this is the enemy that I'm sure I can face. I won't be a disappointment" Mordred gave thumbs up in a display of confidence, smiling faintly. "Let's go, he did say we should hurry."

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Relius Clover

Impossible!

The man although in pain was not slowed down at all by the Ignis's assault.  No, the swordsman actually increased his speed.  Even with a fair amount of will power no one would be able to pull that off.  However, there was the possibility that he was blocking somehow.  With a powerful step, the man rushed forward, delivering a swift slash to Relius's torso.  The blade sliced up his abdomen and delivered a painful slash mark onto his chest.  His mask was sliced in half and his eye was pretty much unusable.  However, this was not over yet.

"Ignis!"  He commanded.

Ignis finished the movement, floating just above the swordsmen.  She stretches her arms out, attempting to grab his face and the other fiercely gripping his chest with her mighty claws.  The nails will dig into his chest, with one of them piercing his sternum.  In the meantime, Relius held out his arm, as if grabbing Kenzo.  Two large machinical hands sprung forth from his cape and attempted to grab his midsection, gripping him by the hips.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 06:25:17 PM by yinsukin »

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Sakagami Kenzo

Too slow. By the time that man as much as opened his mouth, Kenzo was already but an inch away from slashing his throat. He wouldn't cut off his head, but his carotid artery would surely be cut down. But before his sword could graze him, Kenzo noticed a shadow looming over him.

Arms were going for him from above, so he kept dashing forward. The man send mechanical arms to catch him, but he parried them with the katana before jumping over him with the speed of a bullet. Now standing behind him midair, he went for a slash to his back, the red blade intent on cleaving the man's spine.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 06:42:03 PM by francobull3 »

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
Emily

In spite of the concern for her Summer fellow weighing her down, Emily couldn't help but smile with Mordred. In the back of her mind, however, something was nagging at her that it would be best to make sure she was topped off on Glamour first. She still had a fair few Goblin Fruits, but who knew when she'd be able to find more?

No, it would be best to resort to more...indirect methods.

Clasping one of Mordred's hands in both of her own, Emily's smile widened.

"One more condition," Emily said, "After this is done, promise me you'll rest up a bit before you do anything else."

With that, Emily brought Mordred's hand to her chest, still smiling.

"Though," Emily continued, a hint of amusement entering her voice, "I'm certain I persuade you to lie down for a bit if I have to..."

Michael

Having found himself relegated to the role of the awkward third wheel, Michael decided to leave those two together and head to his post.

Of course, given that he would have some time to spare before the other two were in position, there shouldn't be anything wrong with taking a short detour.

It only took a few minutes for the immortal to find what he was looking for, and only a few more to relocate it to the security room. Thankfully, there was easily enough wall space for the fridge from the staff lounge. Leaning back in his newly appropriated security chair, Michael rested his boots on the desk before opening up the fridge door with his staff, retrieving some leftovers, and starting to pick at them lazily, part of him wishing he'd bothered to learn some fire magic for times like these.

...Huh...Damn, I miss that pirate.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 09:16:41 PM by I_care_not_till_I_must »
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Shirou and Rider

Shirou's heart broke as he heard Sakura's angry and upset response. Hearing the woman he loved reject him in such a brutal manner was an utterly horrible experience, and seeing her so upset was even worse. Rider, meanwhile, was just bemused, and a little annoyed. How could Sakura go so far to protect her "Brown Senpai", who seemed not to care about her one bit, and yet rejected this version of him, who loved her more than anything and would never willingly let her come to any harm?

Rider was very worried about the situation. It would be bad enough to see any Sakura's Shirou get this sort of treatment, but this was not just any Shirou. This was her Shirou, the one she had lived alongside for 30 years and who saw her as part of his family. He had nowhere to go, no-one to look after him, and he had no idea where his Sakura even was. And, whilst Rin's suggestion of scrying might help, even if they did find her and she happened to have a place where they could both stay, they were her family, she wanted to be with them and to protect them. At the same time, she couldn't simply abandon her new master, it would break her heart and, most likely, destroy her sanity beyond repair.

Once Sakura had finished speaking, she took her Shirou by the arm and dragged him back into the kitchen. Once they had gone, Rin shook her head and spoke.

"Making amends like this isn't the way to go. Yeah, your cooking is fantastic, but so is hers and she has her Shirou now too. Look, I get that you want to protect and help her and all of that, but right now she doesn't need or want you to. Now your Sakura on the other hand . . .", she said.

Shirou and Rider looked at her quizically.

"But, Rin, you suggested it...", Rider replied with a mischevious grin whilst Shirou rifled through his pockets, trying to think of what he could give Rin.

"Rin, what exactly do you need for scrying", he asked, uncertain exactly how the process would work.

Right now, Shirou just wanted to find his Sakura, so that he could leave this alternate Sakura in peace with her own Shirou. They could work out how to share Rider between the two Sakuras later....

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
Henry

Henry registed the animal, ravenous hostility rushing towards them an instant before he heard the skittering sound. He turned his head rapidly that way, his instincts warning him in overlap with the gnostic pathway he was running on. By the time Mata shone her flashlight on the swarm of monstrous rats, he was already retreating in a run.

The demon strained his very much human legs and lungs as he sped away from the mass of advancing critters, deciding to forgo any attempts to identify them, with a breathy cry of "Son of a biiiiiitch!!"
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 01:11:35 AM by YOLF »
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Kern

Kern simply stood there stoically, letting the silver haired man go on like a loon.

‘Well, there is a lot of the city on your side of the line, so just leave you fucking loon!’ Kern wanted to yell. But he was disciplined, and even with his headache and annoyance he just took it, even after the non-human seemed to defend him. It really didn’t matter to him.

He about to begin asking them to leave once again until a loud sound ripped through the air. Like the sound of steel impacting against the pavement. And so he turned to look at the source, tilting his head so he could look behind the group of three, and immediately upon laying eyes upon it his body snapped in attention.

“Kern. Report. Now.” Ordered the Captain of the Guard.
Just

Just felt the air though his hair, he hear the stone and metal of the building crack under the force of his jumps and running. He held Anatu close to his chest, shielding her from as much of the wind as possible. It took a bit, far from his best speed in his prime, but they got there.

Well, to the barricade of his Guardsmen that seemed to be led by Kern. Good, he liked dealing with Kern the most. Simple man he was. He was slightly shocked to see the three he met earlier here as well, but he left that worry leave him for a moment, he had other things to deal with first.

And so he body fell onto the pavement, and it impacted, his legs hit the ground and Just landed in a crouch. The moment his body hit it however, a loud sound, as if someone smashed metal against the pavement ringed out as the pavement cracked. "Sleep, oh flowing steel." he whispered and then he raised himself to his feet and gently placed Anatu onto her feet, “Just stay behind me ok? Call out if you need me.” He told her, momentarily forgetting she could not understand him.

He then stood completely and began to walk, his face was completely different, it was not the laid back look he had all day, or the soft and kind look he had when talking with Anatu. Rather it was jagged and harsh as his eyes seemed to burn like cold embers.

“Kern. Report. Now.” He commanded as he began to walk past the silver haired man, his eyes locked on his Guardsman.

Gintoki

"Won't you greet us, old man?" he asked the man. Gone was the carefree attitude of the silverhaired man. His demeanour was serious, staring at the people manning the barricade as if awaiting their reaction. It was clear for him that the old man he met before wasn't an ordinary old man, and these people were his lackeys, subordinates or whatnot. He really didn't care that much what they were hiding from him. But he would, if he gave him good reason to. He wouldn't take orders from them, neither he would stay idle if they tried to boss around Sarse.
Emily

In spite of the concern for her Summer fellow weighing her down, Emily couldn't help but smile with Mordred. In the back of her mind, however, something was nagging at her that it would be best to make sure she was topped off on Glamour first. She still had a fair few Goblin Fruits, but who knew when she'd be able to find more?

No, it would be best to resort to more...indirect methods.

Clasping one of Mordred's hands in both of her own, Emily's smile widened.

"One more condition," Emily said, "After this is done, promise me you'll rest up a bit before you do anything else."

With that, Emily brought Mordred's hand to her chest, still smiling.

"Though," Emily continued, a hint of amusement entering her voice, "I'm certain I persuade you to lie down for a bit if I have to..."

Mordred

"No, we don't have time for such things right now!" Mordred protested, flustered, reminding Emily they had more urgent things to do: "C'mon, let's go, they're waiting for us!" She had no time right now for fun or anything like that.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 07:16:35 PM by Kat »