Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - April 13, 2015—June 23, 2016  (Read 14946 times)

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
Emily

Emily simply sighed at Mordred's apparent failure to realize that she'd been talking about things they could do afterwards, before realizing something. Mordred's desire to fight this Forest person was just as viable a source of Glamour as whatever desire Emily could induce in the Summer Courtier without the aid of a contract.

Frowning internally at her own failure to realize this, Emily focused for a moment on that desire, drawing from it. A momentary rush informed her of the success of her harvest, the feeling of Glamour flowing into her bringing a slight smile to her face.

"Very well, let's get going," Emily said, releasing Mordred's hand, "Make sure you've eaten your fill before we actually get there."
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Emily

Emily simply sighed at Mordred's apparent failure to realize that she'd been talking about things they could do afterwards, before realizing something. Mordred's desire to fight this Forest person was just as viable a source of Glamour as whatever desire Emily could induce in the Summer Courtier without the aid of a contract.

Frowning internally at her own failure to realize this, Emily focused for a moment on that desire, drawing from it. A momentary rush informed her of the success of her harvest, the feeling of Glamour flowing into her bringing a slight smile to her face.

"Very well, let's get going," Emily said, releasing Mordred's hand, "Make sure you've eaten your fill before we actually get there."

(timeskipping it right to the hotel)

After a long walk, Mordred and Emily finally neared their destination, the hotel that the man mentioned. She was both anxious to face her opponent and excited about that. Finally she would show Forest where her place is, and save the police from the vampiric conspiracy. She needed no gratitude though, it was natural for her to slay a beast of the night, her sworn duty as the spear of the morning.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Richard Maxwell

Richard was sitting on a nearby bench when he finally noticed two ladies near the hotel. He wasn't sure if they were the right bunch, but there was a way to find out. With a smug smile, he called them out.

"My, you sure had me waiting there! Come on, I've been patient enough to wait in the cold so the apology better be worth it."

Then, he topped it all off with a grin.

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
Emily

"If you've been waiting for so long," Emily said, meeting the man's grin with a smile of her own, "Then surely you are running short on time to ready yourself for whoever you're going to be fighting tonight. Unless you're planning to greet them out here in the open, I don't see why that apology can't wait until after the business at hand is completed."

i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Ghost Child

The small spirit had wandered around a bit after his encounter with the man with that cool sword. He was funny but the child had other games to play. Ghost Child had squashed a few bullies but otherwise the night was being very boring, and a bored spirit is dangerous indeed.

He was a car now. It was cold cold cold but he was so fast and that was fun. But soon that got boring and he decided to break it. He already played with the police today so he had to be very sneaky about it or they would chase him with the scarier guys again. So he sped up and took the toy to a quieter place and with the screech of tires on pavement and a swerve he gleefully slammed it straight through the walls of an abandoned factory.

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Relius Clover

The blade tore up the skin and cut into the surface of his torso.  Relius put his hand on his chest.  His first strategy failed, with the consequence being great injury.   He knew what was coming next, a slash to the back.  He wouldn’t lose to this dog, even if it did have a powerful jaw.

Ignis appeared in between Relius and the man in a flash of purple light.  The moment she materialized, she attempted to grip his shoulder with her claws and dig into his flesh, disabling his shoulder by disconnecting it from his torso.  However, this did not stop her from taking the full force of his attack, leaving a shallow but large blade mark on her body.   In the meantime, her other arm stretched past him, moving past and around his body.

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
Adjutor

Adjutor was deep in an almost meditative state, focusing on the connection to that dream realm, practicing with opening the connection up, trying to make the process as efficient as he could.

Adjutor, move!

The warning gave the teen just enough time to vacate area he'd been sitting in just in time for a car of all things to come barreling through a wall and the place where he might have been had Tyrfing not warned him.

Adjutor tracked the car with eyes unhindered by the darkness, only to find the second surprise of the night. There was nobody inside.

...So...I nearly got hit by an unoccupied car...that's driving by itself?

Nexus?

Nexus.

Taking a moment to Reinforce himself, Adjutor called Tyrfing to him, relaxing just a little as the comforting weight of the blade settled into his hand. Regardless, he didn't take his eyes off the car, wary of whatever insanity was about to be thrown at him next.

i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Sakagami Kenzo

The puppet appeared in a flash of light, taking the blow. Immediately, he jumped back to avoid her grapple. While he managed to slip from her clutches, her claws had scratched his shoulder and tore a nasty wound. While he could still move his arm effectively, he was displeased.

Speed, striking power, endurance. He had the advantage in all of those, yet that man still stood. It was annoying, and the fact he used her as a weapon only made it all the more irritating.

Quickly, he jumped to the ceiling and bounced all over the area, attempting to cut him down from different directions.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 07:10:07 PM by francobull3 »

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Richard Maxwell

Richard was sitting on a nearby bench when he finally noticed two ladies near the hotel. He wasn't sure if they were the right bunch, but there was a way to find out. With a smug smile, he called them out.

"My, you sure had me waiting there! Come on, I've been patient enough to wait in the cold so the apology better be worth it."

Then, he topped it all off with a grin.

Mordred

"Yeah, let's get to the business. Killing Forest. I don't want to sound as if I'm boasting, but I have command over the power of the sun. As long as someone is vulnerable to sunlight, they should be careful about being hit by me. Then, what's your deal? Your triumph card against Forest?" she asked Richard, being as professional as she could about whole hunt.

Rikuyo

Meanwhile, Rikuyo stayed in the hotel, waiting for Richard's return. He was waiting for the people he called, and she was now resting a bit. Before she came to the hotel, she expended a lot of energy, leaving her at half of her capacity, but as few hours have passed, she regenerated some of it. She wasn't at her peak, but she felt more confident about the outcome of the future fight.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Richard Maxwell

Richard raised an eyebrow at the woman's words. Instead of scolding her for ignoring his request, he looked at her with a curious look, his smile constantly present.

"The sun? That's... surprisingly useful. I guess using you as bait won't be necessary." he said, not bothering to hide his disappointment at the last bit. Then, he snapped his fingers. Immediately, the snow near Richard shifted and frozen spikes came forth, large enough to impale a grown man. Then, it melted and collected around Richard before falling down harmlessly.

"Let's just say that as long as there's water nearby, I can't lose. But that ability of yours, you say it has to do with the sun. Would you mind giving a little display?"

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Richard Maxwell

Richard raised an eyebrow at the woman's words. Instead of scolding her for ignoring his request, he looked at her with a curious look, his smile constantly present.

"The sun? That's... surprisingly useful. I guess using you as bait won't be necessary." he said, not bothering to hide his disappointment at the last bit. Then, he snapped his fingers. Immediately, the snow near Richard shifted and frozen spikes came forth, large enough to impale a grown man. Then, it melted and collected around Richard before falling down harmlessly.

"Let's just say that as long as there's water nearby, I can't lose. But that ability of yours, you say it has to do with the sun. Would you mind giving a little display?"

Mordred

Was he a Mage? If so, he was a really good one. She was genuinely impressed by the display, though she didn't show it. But then, the man asked her to show her gimmick:

"I really have to?" the girl she sighed. She knew better than anyone how costly this Contract was. Right now, she could fire it three times. If she demonstrated its use now, she would only have two shot against Forest. It wouldn't ruin her planned tactics, but certainly every use of her technique counted "My technique really drains me. If I show you it, I will be only able to use it two times against Forest. I mean, I could show you it, but I don't know full extent of her powers, so I'm reluctant to risk too much" she explained, hoping the man wouldn't insist. If the cooperation weighed on it, she would show him her Contract, but she prefered not to.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 08:52:01 PM by Kat »

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Richard Maxwell

Richard sighed in disappointment.

"I ask you to apologize, you refuse. I ask you to show me what you can do, you refuse. How am I supposed to rely on someone who's strength is unknown? Well, whatever. A verbal description will do fine I guess."

Then, he walked up to her and smiled. He lightly held her shoulder, his fingers as cold as a snake.

"And please, don't lie. I'll know, and I won't be too happy."
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 09:01:07 PM by francobull3 »

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Ghost Child

The entity popped its head out of the engine of the vehicle as the Possession ended. He floated up and looked around before spotting a teen with dark hair and weapons. There was a look of curiosity on the spirit's face as he observed the stranger and soon he began to drift towards him without a word.

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
Adjutor

Just then, the car simply...died. Somehow, that minor change prickled at the teen more strongly than the fact that an unmanned car had just tried to run him over. Adjutor's eyes faded to silver as he looked around for whatever could have caused that, but there was no trace of any kind of spellcraft on the car itself or anywhere around it. The teen doubted that someone had rigged up an unmanned car just for a stunt like this. There was definitely something else at work here.

...That's odd.

What?

It's a kid-

Oh, that's not so-

-with no eyes.

I'm sorry what.

Strange...seems like he can see you, it's headed this way.

Are you even- oh never mind.

"Hello?" Adjutor called out tentatively, completely unsure about how to approach this situation, "Can you hear me?"

Emily

"If our refusal was simply because we didn't want to show you or didn't trust you," Emily started, frowning, "You might have had a point there. However, this case is a bit different. The energy that fuels our powers doesn't just replenish on its own, and Mordred would be hard pressed to find a proper source right now, if time really is of the essence here."
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 11:12:02 PM by I_care_not_till_I_must »

i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Mordred

Richard Maxwell
Richard sighed in disappointment.

"I ask you to apologize, you refuse. I ask you to show me what you can do, you refuse. How am I supposed to rely on someone who's strength is unknown? Well, whatever. A verbal description will do fine I guess."

Then, he walked up to her and smiled. He lightly held her shoulder, his fingers as cold as a snake.

"And please, don't lie. I'll know, and I won't be too happy."

Mordred

The man touched her shoulders, looming over her ominously. She didn't like that and she was creeped out by his behavior, but she contained the urge to lash out within herself. It could be possibly her best shot at killing Forest, she couldn't afford antagonizing that man now. With icy glare, she said: "A beam of light hits the vampire and it drops deader than dead if it's some newborn weaksauce. And even an elder vampire cannot afford being hit by it too much. Now, could you get your hand off my shoulder, please?"

Then, Emily just nonchalantly revealed that they couldn't replenish their energy easily. Maybe she bringing her here was a mistake after all. Revealing a weakness like that before a stranger was foolhardy and showed that she was green when it came to reality of the warfare.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 11:15:20 PM by Kat »