Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - April 13, 2015—June 23, 2016  (Read 13660 times)

Emperor's Hammer

• Spiritron
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Cross Effects 3.0 - The Third Time's the Charm? In Character Game Thread
« Reply #2475 on: October 20, 2015, 04:28:29 PM »
Valerie Arkwright

Not good. It seemed that I had overestimated the damage that the quintessence had done to the priest, and while my attack had connected and sunk into him, he seemed to be relatively unphased by it. Before I even had time to react to this new development, however, he grabbed me by he neck and unnaturally turned 180 degrees in place, putting me between himself and the man who was attacking from behind. THe man, reacted in time, however, and averted his blow, jumping down from high in the air, and from behind the priest I could see another person gearing up to attack.

This was not good. The priest had me by the neck, and hwas winding up a kill shot, and he could use me as a shield agaisnt any number of the incoming attacks. I had to get free from his grasp around my neck.  I decided that the best, and likely only, option I had was to quick cast an improvised spell, pump a great deal of quintessence into it, and hope that it does the trick.

Grabbing onto the priest's wrist firmly, I focused my mind on his pattern, specifically the area around his wrist. Bypassing the normal processes with the use of a large amount of quintessence, I scrambled his pattern around his wrist, trying desperately to deal enough damage to force him to let go of me so that I could get away from him. With the spell finished, and the damage done I attempted to make my escape.

If I was successful, I would distance myself from the priest and avoid getting in the way of any of the attacks that were incoming, and evaluate where I should go from there.

If I was unsuccessful I would immediately pour the rest of my quintessence into a temporary enhancement in the desperate hope of being able to survive the coming impact or impacts, at least enough to make it so my regeneration could take over to keep me alive.

Azrael

The machine still seemed rather wary of my presence, despite all I was doing to comfort it. Perhaps it was my true form that was putting it on edge? With that possibility in mind, I decided to return to the form of my host, Cecilia. Letting my angelic form once again recede, I once again took the form of the nun, Cecilia Abbadelli. While we looked similar, she was far more human, less unnaturally perfect than I, and our clothing was much different. In place of the flowing robes that I had when I once again let my angelic splendor out, I was covered in modest clothing, the only ornate features on me being the silver cross hanging about my neck, and the blessed rosary that hung from my garments.

"I am sorry if revealing what I truly am made you uneasy, young one. I sought only to give you respite from the suffering that you seemed to be experiencing," I said, my words filled with the kindness I had learned from the person I had melded with many years ago. The line between us had blurred so much over time that I often had trouble discerning where Cecilia ended and I begun. In essence, we had become almost a combined existence, our memories shared and our personalities fused. Even my memories of the time before the fall might be tinted with the viewpoint that I had gained by becoming one with this woman. Such a thing used to be unsettling, but now it was comforting.

"Please, tell me what I can do to ease your suffering, young one. I would be remiss if I did not extend a helping hand to you, a creation of humanity, whom I watched grow and helped create the cosmos for," I said, once again radiating nothing but kindness and sympathy in my words, trying to make the being in front of me as at ease with my presence as possible. After all, I meant what I said. It was a creation of humanity, a product of the wisdom we imparted onto humanity in our rebellion against God. I would be remiss if I treated her any differently than I would a human being.   

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Cross Effects 3.0 - The Third Time's the Charm? In Character Game Thread
« Reply #2476 on: October 20, 2015, 05:33:01 PM »
Rachel Alucard

"And you, girl, should know that being laconic is not a virtue. I simply was explaining my point thoroughly, neither being too brief nor too long winded," She said before rudely turning away and dismissing her like a mewing babe. Rachel was flabbergasted. She’d finally done it. She’d scraped past the bottom of the barrel, and found the detritus underneath it. She’d found someone dumber than Ragna the Bloodedge. Somebody more dense. Somebody more foolish.

As the woman refocused herself on the newcomer, Rachel decided what to do. "I was heading out to see if I could-”

At this point, Rachel bathed the woman in a powerful blast of lightning, leaving a scorch mark on the ground. “It’s extremely rude to call a lady such as myself ‘girl.’ And you also seem to be an utterly uncultured swine. No, I apologize, you’re not even fit for a pigsty. It was a grave insult to the pigs that live there. Brevity is the soul of wit, and you don’t even seem to have an inkling of this.”

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Emperor's Hammer

• Spiritron
    • View Profile
« Reply #2477 on: October 20, 2015, 06:52:23 PM »
Brunhilde Furst

As I was talking to the newcomer, the girl whom I had just reprimanded for being foolish took offense to my actions, and decided to strike back with force. It seemed she was a mage of some sort as well, as she struck out with lightning, hitting me with a pittance of a lightning bolt, barely enough to phase me at all, sending nothing but a tingle down my spine.

I turned my attention once again to the girl who who acted so childishly to respond to words with force, and who was currently droning on about brevity being the soul of wit and calling me uncultured, while insisting to be called a lady. I simply scoffed at her and said, "Only a barbarians and children react to words with force. If you insist on calling yourself a lady, you should act like one. And while brevity is the soul of wit, the situation did not call for wit. It called for clarity." Before turning away, however, I decided to say one last thing to the girl, my voice dead serious, "Next time you attack me, I will not respond back with words, girl. I am giving you a chance as it seems you do not know better, like a privileged young noble used to getting her way. If you wished to be treated with respect, show respect for others."

Once again turning away from the girl, but this time putting my helmet back on and using a bit of blood to reinforce my body to take even stronger attacks, I turned to the woman I was talking to when I was so rudely interrupted, "I do apologize for putting my helmet back on, however as was just demonstrated, this is not a safe area to be without being fully ready for combat it seems. As I was saying, I was heading out to see if I could track down what exactly was causing this light and see if it is hostile, so if you would like to join me after we find your confederate, your help would be much appreciated," I finished, keeping an eye on the child with anger issues as I did.

With my piece said, I kept an eye out for the actions of the child, and waited for any response from the parties who were around.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 12:02:50 AM by Emperors Hammer »

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: October 20, 2015, 07:07:28 PM »
Mordred

Shut up, are you in heat or something? Mordred thought, as the woman kept babbling and babbling. She was some knight from the past who thought she was some hot shit, apparently. She would eventually lash out herself and tell her to shut up, but that girl just struck her with lightning. She must have been some Mage versed in manipulation of elements. Still a bit odd why she was so young, but prodigies happened. Maybe that's also why she sounded so mature. Mages were not normal people in mentality.

Though, to be honest, striking her with a lightning was overkill, even if she was such babbling annoyance. Or Mordred would thought that if not for that bitch shrugging off the strike like some kind of inhuman monster.

"What the hell you are?" Mordred drew her spear and pointed it at Brunnhild. She found it suspicious that she walked around fully armored in bright light. Could she be one of them? "No human would survive such spell so easily." she glared at the talkative knight. "Be brief when explaining yourself, I bloody hate long speeches."
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 07:10:59 PM by Kat »

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2479 on: October 20, 2015, 07:27:56 PM »
Hyoudo Tenma

Tenma gulped, walking towards the door hesitantly. It was dark, she couldn't see properly. She had a bad feeling about it, a nasty one. And that smell, it was somewhat familiar. That only made things worse.  She noticed a wire connected to the door, but it seemed no trap was set off after all. Perhaps this one had gone off earlier when jerry came. Quickly, she averted her eyes to what laid beyond.

“Ah..”

Gasping, Tenma’s eyes widened as she covered her mouth with her hand. She felt nauseous, dizzy, like she’d faint any second. if she didn't heave first. The foul smell suddenly became thicker, it was nauseating. Cold sweat dripped off her face and her body trembled, her legs shaking ever so slightly  as she let out a frightened whimper. Then, she quickly backed down and barely stopped herself from falling over.

“Guys, stand back. Don't go trough there no matter what.” She said with a flat tone, her voice slightly shaking.

With that, two CATS advanced, their teeth chittering as they each walked trough a different tunnel.

Sakagami Kenzo

Kenzo didn't even stray his eyes off the road as he responded with a chuckle.

"Uh? Didn't I tell you? My place, of course! If you like shiny, I've got the shiny! First we eat though, I am starving!" He said with a toothy grin despite the fact he was violating every street regulation and speed limit possible.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 07:48:46 PM by francobull3 »

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #2480 on: October 20, 2015, 08:41:27 PM »
Crest

Crest nodded, satisfied, at least a little. He gestured at her with his machete and pointed out to the room, holding out a towel with his other hand. “Go get dressed, but watch yourself.” Some of the ribbons returned to flowing behind Crest, while a few remained around the girl, ready to strike if she did anything funny.

Calm, she was oddly calm. He has never seen anyone be that calm when he has held them up like this, especially after he showed them the power of his Rejection. A deep sense of worry and concern planted itself in his gut. What was she planning…

That’s why he was going to let her get dressed, not that he was getting uncomfortable looking at her naked skin any more. Her perfect skin except for the small red scratch, her perfectly proportioned chest, her delicate face, her silky and glistening wet red hair, it wa- ok, stop it Crest. What the fuck was wrong with him today.  There is no way this is normal.

Suiren

The moment the woman regenerated and spoke again Suiren was on her, her hand grasping her face and smashing it against the ground, splattering it. And then she jumped, her body entering a spin. And the golden light came from the sky in that moment and her leg came down.

“Golden Heaven Strike, Whirling Sky Crater” And her foot met the now restored head woman. Her leg it the woman, and a golden wave of force ripped through her and shattered the earth beneath them. Dust filled the air. And within the dust the gold crackled and collapsed again, “Golden Mountain Punch, Twin Crushing Fangs!”

Another detonation of force ripped through the earth, within the cloud, her twin fists struck down at the regenerating Aisha, and they both delivered their might. The earth broke even further, shards flying everywhere and the dust expanding.

It was then Suiren leaped out of the cloud, landing some distance away, and the gold began to collect at her once again, and she swung her arm. The wave of air pressure blew away the dust, revealing the crater… 

Just

Just looked at the outstretched finger for a moment, before he reached up with his hand and pulled off his glove. Then his pinky wrapped around the other appendage.

“All right, I will tell you the rest of the story another time, but only if your good. I promise.”

Viper’s Den

As the CAT’s ran into the seperate halls, something unexpected happened. It was only a small way, but suddenly the robots fell apart into two separate pieces, one cut horizontally, while the other diagonally.

A perfect cut and the two fell to the ground lifeless. And there was no sign as to what could have made it within that darkness.

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: October 20, 2015, 09:25:05 PM »
Emily

Allowing herself to relax a little as the ribbons withdrew a bit, Emily took the towel with a nod, moving somewhat slowly. Toweling herself off didn't take too long, and from there, getting herself dressed was a simple matter. However, at that point, something rather worrying occurred to the Changeling.

Mordred would be coming back eventually, and given how the Summer Court generally was, things might get ugly if Crest reacted badly to her. Keeping that worry buried deep, not letting even the slightest hint show through the calm exterior, Emily soon finished getting dressed once more, hair still glistening as she looked at Crest, deciding to keep her silence unless he asked.
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #2482 on: October 20, 2015, 10:00:46 PM »
Aisha

Blood flowed like water and splashed onto the base earth in torrents but the progenitor regenerated endlessly. When she was smashed into paste against the earth her heart reformed in a blink of an eye, and with its ceaseless beats and the sea of pure life essence pouring from it the rest of her body was not the only thing that grew quickly. As the wind blew away the cloud of dust it revealed the thick growth of grass that had made the crater more akin to a nice, grassy indentation rather than a scar in the earth. In it Aisha laid down as calm as she was when they first met.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 10:01:46 PM by Umbra of Chaos »

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2483 on: October 21, 2015, 12:45:12 AM »
Noel Vermillion

As soon as Rachel began to lecture the interloper and fire electricity at her, she grabbed Mordred’s hand and began to lead her away. “We should talk away from this place, it’s getting dangerous.” She said calmly, leading her away from the imminent altercation. “Maybe we can get a cup of coffee or something?”

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2484 on: October 21, 2015, 12:53:34 AM »
Rachel Alucard

Rachel was speechless. For the first in her entire life, she was truly and totally speechless. She honestly didn’t know what to say. What could she say? Nothing really? She could say nothing to this level of intelligence. She would rather hold a conversation with a rock than allow this idiot to sully her with her presense for one single second.

So she did.

A black void grabbed Brunhilde, sucking her into the void. As soon as she could see again, she would find herself somewhere in the large bay.

Or that was what she tried to do, anyway. Instead there was a loud noise or something, like a body hitting a floor.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 01:32:33 AM by Sinib »

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2485 on: October 21, 2015, 01:02:06 AM »
Sakura

Sakura sighed. “What can you do for me, Noriko? What are your powers, how can you help me?”

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2486 on: October 21, 2015, 01:19:38 AM »
Mordred

When Mordred was glaring at Brunhild in accusatory manner, with her weapon drawn, the blonde girl grabbed her arm, trying to lead her away. Normally she would protest, as she had duty to check if that suspicious person was what she suspected her to be, but the young mage rid of the nuisance. In quite spectacular manner. "Yeah, I clearly need a cup of coffee. This, thing, was getting on my nerves." she agreed with Henry's colleague, strapping the spear again to her back.

"What's your name? I'm called Mordred. Mordred Rhonwen." The surname was as made up as the name she used, but she has begun feeling awkward that she didn't have a surname like most people in the civilized society. So she named herself after hear spear of dawn. Fitting, as it was the weapon that was anathema to those that enslaved her kind. After all, she adopted her current name as defiance against The Others.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2487 on: October 21, 2015, 01:46:54 AM »
Steve Mc.Fly

Aah, it was truly a beautiful duwang day. The sun was shining, the birds were chirping and the bees were beeing. It was a perfect and beautiful day to enjoy a nice, peaceful and quiet sandwich. After all, nothing was in his way to disrupt this wonderful peace and quiet.

From afar, the sound of music and a man yelling theatrically on a megaphone could be heard, his voice somehow louder than all the ruckus.

It was just a normal, average, everyday, peaceful and quiet day.

“Steeeep riiight up! Laaaaaaadies and gentlemen, boys and girls, come, come! Come and see things your eyes won’t believe-“

Peace and quiet.

The ground was beginning to shake, as if a horde of elephants was approaching. He had enough of it already; all this ruckus was getting unbearable. Grunting angrily, turned around and, with eyes full of wonder and awe, witnessed something he never thought he would gaze upon.

An orchestra.

A fanfarous fanfare, an immense display not like anything he had ever seen. It was… magnificent. Floating high up were multiple balloons, each colored vibrantly and vividly. Carriages containing beautiful statues rolled down the street, attractions of color and beauty for all to witness.

Carrying them were dozens, nay, hundreds of elaborately clothed mannequins, moving gracefully and dancing trough the streets of Nexus city. They too colored the streets vibrantly, ribbons flowing and circling spectacularly as they marched in an elaborate fashion, displaying acrobatics worthy of professional entertainers.

And this performance was just the beginning for the music kicked in and synchronized perfectly with the performers. It was a true festival, an orchestrated orchestra of color and sound. Fire spewed from the greatest statue, the one leading the charge. It was a caricatured chariot displaying a man with pristine white cloth and vibrant pink hair posing spectacularly.

Drums were beating like thunder, trumpets trumpetting like the wailing of a storm. Each and every instrument only bringing this display to even greater heights as other mannequins sprinkled confetti and glitter vividly along the streets. For a storm was coming, a storm of fun, madness and late night extravaganza!

A thunderous, imposing and grandiose voice came from within the leading chariot, as if the fire breathing statue spoke itself, light oozing from its kaleidoscope eyes.

“Come on, come all! And welcome~ TO THE GRAND CARNIVAL!!” A grand roaring shook from within, loud for all to hear.

And as soon as it was heard, the pace of the performers grew in intensity, in grandness. Doves of paper flew above and danced while colored smoke zigzagged trough the air. The music blared even louder rising above for a crescendo aiming higher and higher.

At the same time, other mannequins exited from the chariots in great number, bearing hula-hoops, unicycles, beach balls, fire torches and chainsaws. Strings and trapeziums appeared over the statues and, while the mannequins performed below, dancers flipped and danced while performing acrobatics that would shame the Cirque du Soleil.

Yes, what was once a simple orchestra evolved into a full on circus act with elaborate tricks. An ambulant display of awe inspiring greatness.

And so, the greatest Mad Carnival marched forward, advancing magnificently, elegantly, theatrically, grandiosely and beautifully for its destination: The Rogers Theater.

Eventually, the army stopped in front of its promised land, its haven! And with blaring sound and grandness, the music changed from generic (but awesome) circus music into blaring WWE music. No, not just ANY WWE music. A ROCKing music, ELECTRIFYING sound!!

Standing in place, the mannequins halted and ceased all movement as the music blared on. Then, the giant statue literally opened up to reveal a thick smoke oozing from within, seeping all over the theater while multicolored lights illuminated the dark could.

TOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

And revealed was a man, nay, a being greater than any man! Sitting on a great throne of red and gold, the throne of a supreme being. Smirking proudly, he snapped his fingers once. Instantly, fifty fireworks were fired into the sky, shining bright like diamonds and blasting loud like an eruption of cheers and applause. Dignified as ever, the Toe stood proudly and marched forward.

A thick red carpet rolled down, following the demon’s steps as it became longer and longer. But suddenly, a great tragedy occurred. Accidentally, he tripped! Tumbling down, the demon was about to crash his face pathetically on the ground when suddenly, magically, he performed a perfect flip forward and opened the great door.

“The Toe is here~!!!” He boomed out joyfully, winking at the audience as sparkles shined on from his magnificent body as glorious flower petals flew into the theater. Stepping in proudly, he was followed by harem of fifty mannequins,each holding golden elaborate WWE belts.

No one knows what happened to Steve Mc.Fly. But legends say that from that day forward, he would travel along many places in a sacred pilgrimage to rediscover himself. He would perform many miracles and eventually found the Sect of childe of Beelzebob.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 01:57:39 AM by francobull3 »

The Man With All The Cute Boats

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
  • This is too lewd for me, Sir
    • View Profile
« Reply #2488 on: October 21, 2015, 01:55:12 AM »
Or that was what she tried to do, anyway. Instead there was a loud noise or something, like a body hitting a floor.

Out of a black void, trained off of its target, came out a man dressed in red and black clothes. A moment's confusion ran across his face, his hardened features loosening for a moment, until he realized he'd been teleported slightly upwards. Gravity did its work and pulled him down, but the man with the white hair, as sugoi as he was, landed simply on two feet and a hand, the other resting on his knee. He stood up, the surprise vanished from his face, as if he'd experienced such a thing before.

The surprise on his face had disappeared so completely, one could surmise he'd been teleported to a unfamiliar places by the very vampire who stood before him.

Lo, this man opened his mouth and blessed the present company with his words of wisdom.

"What the hell, rabbit? What game are you playing now?!" He shouted at the girl with the fine dress and regal demeanor, he entire existence solely an object created to piss him off.

His legs spread into a stance and he put a hand on his sword, just in case. He know the dumb rabbit's attitude, she was just as likely to try to kick the crap out of him than she was to offer him tea.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2489 on: October 21, 2015, 02:00:00 AM »
Sakura

Sakura sighed. “What can you do for me, Noriko? What are your powers, how can you help me?”

"I'm a necromancer, but I'm also familiar with alchemy. I practice elemental magic too, with affinity for water, earth, wind and shadows. Plus, I'm quite adept at defending myself from mental interference.", she briefly described the magic she practiced. "I have also knack for investigation. As long as something falls within the purview of the magic I practice, I have little problem with uncovering its nature. Finding out a cause of death, analyzing from what an object is made of, detecting magic and such are not a problem to me."