Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - April 13, 2015—June 23, 2016  (Read 14914 times)

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Natara

A burning fury filled the pale woman's eyes as she looked at Michael. "You are an imbecile." Then her gaze cooled as she turned to face the aggravating stranger. "And you, you know nothing, and I lack the patience to show you the depths of your ignorance."

Natara was more than done with this farce of a conversation and calmly turned her back on the two men. Without another word she simply began to walk away.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Roxas

He managed to hold the barrier together as she delivered a second attack.  Immediately afterward, the barrier dropped.  However, in its place a powerful shockwave of light magic covered the entire roof, engulfing Rikuyo.  It contained the combined power of all her strikes to the barrier.  Regardless he still took the third strike.  Thankfully, he was already blocking, so he was able to absorb a bit of the shock of the attack and avoid getting sent flying again.  Even so, he was still damaged greatly.  He dropped down to his knees in exhaustion.

Rikuyo

Stepping out of the way of the surprise attack was out of question, so she had no other choice then fire as strong attack as she could in with so little time in order to cancel out the blast or at least minimize the damage. Firing a blast from both her transformed and [ human ] arms, she got overpowered by the counterattack, by negated the brunt of the attack. Her arms covered now in burns, her face twitched from the pain. "Oww, it stung"

However, the boy was already exhausted, so victory was in her hands. She followed up with a weaker shockwave, so she would knock out her opponent. In the end, she won not because of her skill, but because she was superior in raw strength. That was her only regret in otherwise fun duel.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Irisviel von Einzbern

Irisviel led Sakura by her hand into the castle through the thick gray wooden doors, weathered with age. The warm air rushed outside as they walked through the gaping portal into a gargantuan hallway well lit by torches lining the walls.

"Sakura, you mentioned you were hungry; I'll have something prepared for you soon, so for now why don't I show you to your room?" Irisviel suggested as she led her up the stairs towards the sleeping chambers. "Wait-hold on-" Irisviel stopped halfway up the stairs as wires snaked out or her sleeve and into the ear opposite Sakura.

"You can get out of there now!"

The wires retracted and placed a wax covered flea on the floor, nearly invisible to the naked eye. "The dragon's gone-" Irisviel began, activating the powerful defensive bounded fields woven throughout the castle, the use of ancient and powerful magic sending thrums through the air of the castle, yet stopping within the great stone walls encasing it. "-And you have no need to stay in there anymore!" She said in a somewhat annoyed voice, keeping her body between Sakura and the flea. "And if you don't want me to turn you loose outside, you'll have to promise not to do anything to Sakura again!" She said with a glare to accentuate her point. "Is that clear?" Her tone broached no room for argument, making it quite clear she would follow through with her threat to the-flea.

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Roxas

Roxas watched as she blocked the attack, somehow ending up with only a damaged arm.  That was more than enough for him.  He lowered his guard, ready to concede the match.

" Alright Rikuyo, I think Ive had....."

Before he could finish, he was hit with a shockwave.  He dropped to the floor and lost consciousness.  His keyblades vanished as he laid down unconscious. 
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 07:45:45 PM by yinsukin »

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
Sarse

This conversation was starting to take a turn towards the volatile again. Heavens, Sarse couldn't decide if everyone around him right now was really noisy, or really mindful of others. As he made disarming gestures, lips curving in an awkward smile, it occurred to him it might have been both. "Come on, we don't have to start getting all confrontational about this. As well intentioned as they may appear, gifts from strangers are a thing to naturally be wary of," he said.

The seraph understood why Gintoki and Just were acting with suspicion in regard to the gift from the otherworldly woman; the simple fact that it did look very unusual from a human perspective aside, the effects it could have, even if positive, were unpredictable. But he also knew for a fact the one called the Heart Of God was sincere in giving her blood to the girl. The motherly affection and bright, helpful countance towards her were as genuine as the scathing suspicion and venomous lack of fondness for him and what he appeared to be.

Than himself seemed to be speaking more out of infatuation for the life and power that brimmed from the woman than logical judgement, however, even if by all accounts she looked like a benevolent aeon of nature to him.

Then, facing Just, Sarse spoke. "I take it you are the girl's guardian? In which case..." And he looked between Gintoki and Than'Sanel, as though attempting to strike peace with them, before continuing, "We should probably keep any further opinion to ourselves, as I'm sure he has her best interests in mind."

It wasn't that Sarse disliked people who actively poked their nose into affairs out of concern for others, but it was a stance he tended to avoid as far as non-celestial matters were concerned.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 09:55:48 PM by YOLF »
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
Adjutor

Adjutor nodded at Urzara's warning, stilling himself completely. Even with the sudden appearance of some kind of rift, the teen didn't move a muscle. Then the woman called forth a being of fire and lava, the being surging forth before landing in front of the teen. At the same time, Laivatain came down as well, condensing its presence into a vaguely humanoid form, watching the being but doing nothing more.

Then the spirit's eyes, twin pinpricks of baleful light, met Adjutor's, and a massive rush of heat and energy flowed into the teen as the being flowed into him.

And so it comes to me at last. Soon I shall see the land through your eyes, creature. You shall be mine, body and soul.

The teen's eyes widened at the realization that was all but handed to him, then closed as he focused on the presence, feeling it start to pull at something, likely to wrest control from him.

For a creature that's trying to possess me, you're not very subtle.

Ow! Stop that! There's barely enough room in here as it is!

Struggle as much as you desire, creature, but you cannot deny what is part of you.

Maybe not, but, honestly, denying you isn't all that hard.

Bravado won't save you, creature!

You try surviving something that would have torn your soul apart if you couldn't keep yourself together.

With that, Adjutor opened his eyes again, giving Urzara an inquisitive look.

"...what am I even supposed to be doing with this guy, anyway?" Adjutor asked, "I mean, if I had to guess, I'd say you just shoved a demon into me."
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Tohuw Balagan

It took some time, but the demon finally settled down. It was ok, everything was going to be ok. Crying over this wouldn't fix it, and besides, that white haired woman had been most proper. Yes, she had not turned him to the dragon despite the clear possibility of her doing so. No words were great enough to express the gratitude he felt. This debt, he would pay it back a thousandfold.

Then the strings wrapped around him, dragging him out of that hellish pit of desolation. Finally, he could breathe fresh clean air. And that castle... it was truly something of wonder looking at it.

"Very clear, I have no objections to that." the demon nodded before giving Irisviel a pleased look. If only flies could give looks that is. He spoke with a clear, human voice.

"It's a very nice castle,a pretty castle that suits the owner quite well I must say. Well, it is only appropriate for the one who saved my life, but enough flattery. I said I would give you every detail afterwards, and afterwards is right now. So how about we do so at the table?"

"Also, would you kindly unwrap me? It's not very comfortable and I'd like to take a more appropriate form for this occasion, if it suits you of course."
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 12:20:27 AM by francobull3 »

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Roxas

Roxas watched as she blocked the attack, somehow ending up with only a damaged arm.  That was more than enough for him.  He lowered his guard, ready to concede the match.

" Alright Rikuyo, I think Ive had....."

Before he could finish, he was hit with a shockwave.  He dropped to the floor and lost consciousness.  His keyblades vanished as he laid down unconscious.

Roxas

"Yup, out of cold. I guess that's a win for me. But man, I haven't expected someone such young being so good. a child prodigy?" she wondered, standing above the boy's unconscious body "My clothes' pretty torn up, I guess that will do until I find new ones" she commented as she torn off the upper part of kimono which was messed up, leaving only bandages wrapping up her breasts. Picking up boy's body, she found the door leading to the staircase.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Urthemiel

The Old God's eyes moved from the tear in the Veil towards the newly made abomination. "I will show you what needs to be done with it."

She moved towards him and grabbed his right hand before forcing cutting his palm with a blade of ice. "Let this be your first lesson. Blood is power, and the most notorious power of blood magic is mental domination. You will learn how to force spirits and demons into your service in time but for now I will provide the binding for the rage demon. It will not be particularly strong for I will expect you to be able to resist its anger and learn how to properly bind it yourself."

Without another word the red glow returned and the wound on Adjutor's hand bled more than it should have to provide the lifeforce needed to fuel the spell. Then the red energy subsided and the demon was bound to an extent. The constant struggle of the creature would not be an issue but there were cracks in the binding large enough to let it take control if the boy was angry enough. It didn't particularly matter if the demon failed or not. Either way Urthemiel would be able to acquire an ally.

"Now that that's completed we can actually begin your training. Any questions before we begin?"

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Richard Maxwell

Clearly unimpressed by the woman's rash words, he snapped his finger as soon as she spoke up to him. Her mouth open wide, it was perfect for him to simply send the healing water inside her gaping trap.

"I told you not to make me waste my breath." sighed Richard, giving the woman a hard, cold look. Then, he let his hand rest on his hip and continued.

"Now, if that one braincell of yours didn't die of loneliness, I suggest you don't cry or move erratically. If the liquid got into your trachea, I'm afraid you'd die. Just drink it, it will make the pain wear off to a degree."

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
Adjutor

Adjutor nodded in agreement, not registering the feeling of the blade against his hand, though the tattoos shifted out of the way of the blade.

Sounds like a Spirit of Justice wouldn't have worked for her purposes. Either that or Spirits of Justice aren't a thing.

How much longer is this guy going to be in here? I didn't even know I could get elbowed in the ribs anymore, and now I'm wishing I wasn't aware of this fact.

Honestly, all of this stinks of her trying to put us on a fairly tight leash...

I may be bound for now, but these chains will n-

That's the point, asshole.

"Well, I'm not entirely unfamiliar with blood magic," Adjutor admits after a moment of thought, "But the methods probably differ from yours...One question, can this demon be bound completely, in theory?"
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Urthemiel

A frown marred the woman's otherwise gorgeous face as she heard the boy's question. Perhaps he wasn't as smart as she thought he was. "'Did I not say you would learn to force such creatures into your service and properly bind this demon? Do you consider something else a complete binding?"

Kaze

• Kek Lord Supreme
  • NPC
    • View Profile
AKIHOLARME

Aki frowned as Rebeca consented and took the offering, but she supposed it wasn’t her place to speak against it.

“Right,” she said with a drawl. “Well, I’m going to have a look at what’s going on in here.” With those words the last dragonborn strode past the small group and up to the front desk.

“So I hear that fighting goes on in here. Where do I sign up?”

The fairly built looking man behind the counter looked unimpressed. “If you’re looking for armed combat, you’ve come to the wrong place. This facility is for unarmed fights only.”

Aki blinked, then pressed her lips together in a tight frown. “Gods damn…” she murmured.

ANATU

The babylonian smiled happily, one eye closed as Aisha further ruffled her untamed hair. Then she gave the woman a brief, tight hug before backing away.

“Thank you,” she said shyly, then made her way back to Just, a large smile still glued to her face.

“We can go now, sorry about the wait,” she said to him, forgetting that unlike Aisha, he wouldn’t be able to understand her words.

KARIN ZARAZA

Karin prepared for yet another swing when the machine’s words stopped her. A scared little girl, it thought she was? Amusing. This wasn’t anger born of fear, rather rage born of being denied a prize long suffered for.

Certainly, she had nothing to fear from this thing.

The brunette brought both hands down on the robot’s bent and battered visage, fingers gripping the hard metal. She pulled hard, intent on prying the faceplate apart to reveal whatever mechanisms lay below. Truthfully, she should have simply used the opening already created in the lower torso to get beneath the armor, but she hardly cared. She wanted, needed, to rip this thing apart piece by piece with her own hands.
YOLF: "Do ghosts have aids"

YOLF: Even if God forgives you, you shall not forgive yourself for being here [in CE].

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Vanguard

"I see." muttered the metal juggernaut as his face was being pried open by that woman. In the end, she could not understand this simple fact.

All those who know of life know of fear. To reject this fear was proof of one's weakness. And the woman who battered him down mercilessly was so very weak. And so, because of that weakness, she would choose death.

"Let me teach you the meaning of fear." Vanguard calmly stated.

And as soon as he spoke, the clouds above swirled madly, the skies growing darker and darker. Suddenly, a hole tore in the heavens, causing terrifying winds to ravage the earth around Vanguard and the nameless woman. But before anything could be blown away, a blinding light surged from that hole, as if it was a second sun.

And the lightning's wrath poured down on the woman.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Sakura followed Irisviel into the castle, looking around as Irisviel led her through the hallway and towards the sleeping quarters, in awe at the sheer size and magnificence of the place.

"Sakura, you mentioned you were hungry; I'll have something prepared for you soon, so for now why don't I show you to your room?" Irisviel said.

Sakura pouted slightly at the mention of having food prepared for her.

"Oh, I was going to offer to make something for us. But, I suppose it makes sense for a place like this to have a chef", she said.

Then, Irisviel stopped in the middle of the stairs, wires snaking into her ear.

"You can get out of there now!" she said as she pulled a tiny speck out of her ear.

Eh, what? Sakura thought, confused at what was going on.

"The dragon's gone-", she continued as Sakura felt the magical energy flowing through the castle, "-And you have no need to stay in there anymore!"

"And if you don't want me to turn you loose outside, you'll have to promise not to do anything to Sakura again! Is that clear?" she said, the tone of her voice making it obvious that this was absolutely not an empty threat.

Oh, I see, Sakura thought as she realised what was going on. That flea is the idiot who put ear muffs on me earlier.

Whilst she was still not exactly fond of the blob-man, the dragon had not exactly acquainted itself well either, and Sakura knew it was only fair to give this person a chance. Particularly since Irisviel clearly did care about her and was not about to allow her to come to any harm.

"Very clear, I have no objections to that", came a human voice from the direction of the flea, before it launched into a long string of compliments about Irisviel and her castle.

Sakura rolled her eyes at the blatant attempt from the flea to butter up his hostess. Not that anything he was saying was wrong, of course, it was a lovely castle and Irisviel was, seemingly, a lovely person, but nevertheless it was pretty obvious what he was up to. Still, regardless, she was willing to give him a chance to prove himself.

"As long as you do not harm me, Irisviel or anyone else, I have no problem with you being here. I know we didn't exactly start off well, and I still don't fully trust you, but given what just happened I can fully believe that that dragon attacked you without reason and forced you to defend yourself, so I am willing to give you a chance. If I see you doing anything bad, though, I will let Irisviel know", she said.

Then, she held out her hand.

"Anyway, we should introduce ourselves. I'm Emiya Sakura.

I know you don't want to tell me your real name, and if Irisviel accepts that then I will go along with it, but I need to have something I can call you."