Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - October 21, 2015—June 23, 2016  (Read 18396 times)

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
Annabeth

As bad as Ron looked right now, Annabeth wasn't fairing much better, tanned skin alight with a bright blush as she took the bottle back. At his words, she reached over and gave him a teasing scratch behind the ears, unable to help a giggle as she did so.

"Certainly," Annabeth admitted, taking her swig of the drink, "But I'd rather not dwell on that right now."

As she held out the bottle, the Hunter could feel the burning warming her body, the world rocking around her. The bottle shook in her grip for all of a moment, then went still as that happy buzz filled her head.
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
Nanashi

She grimaced at the man’s loud laughter. She was not expecting it and damn he could be loud. Her poor ears.

“I don’t need to believe when I know gods exist.” She told him, a bitter tone in her mouth, her hand absentmindedly fiddling with her cyan blue scarf. Her eyes scanned the bar, annoyed that she still hasn’t brought her drink. She didn’t tell him that if his god did exist it would probably not be what he thought it was. “They tend to be dicks.”

The food she understood, but at least get her drink damn it. And now she had to deal with this guy sitting next to her. Today was just getting better. At least she could hope that cross wasn’t blessed.

Her ears twitched as she heard the sounds of cooking, feeling her stomach rumble.

Fiona Bacarra

She looked at the dragon with a sad smile, “Sorry, but I probably should go. I have been putting some things off to much.” She spun around a bit, before stopping, “Oh, I have an idea.” she mumbled, reaching to her cloak.

From there she pulled out a small sprig of Alfalfa, its purple flowers in full bloom and abnormally bright. “I carry around some of this for good like” She told him, it was a little white lie, but it was the thought that mattered, “It brings good luck.”

Then she walked over to the dragon, and using its soft and loose stalk she tied to one of his spikes. “There,” She said satisfied while nodding, “for good luck.”

She then smiled. “I hope we can see each other against soon. It was nice to meet you.”

She had since separated from the dragon, and from there she searched for a place to practice. It was not long until her crows reported a forest, a place filled with power and life. The choice where to practice was obvious. She had reached it quickly though her blessing.

That is why she was currently, standing in the middle of a small clearing, some of her crows sitting on the branches in the woods. It was… abnormally warm compared to the rest of the nexus. The trees were thick, and there were stories trapped within their bark. Ancient echoes, ancient powers, ancient tales.

She took a few deep breaths, calming her nerves, and in her hands something appeared. A long staff, decorated with a cross and roses, with an odd headpiece that was vaguely like a blade.  She spun it, it dancing across her fingers with expert skill. Light and warm, the staff hummed in her hands, and then, from both sides of the head blades appeared, one larger than the other, taking the shape of a crescent moon.

And she continued to spin it, it danced, guiding though the air leaving a trace of red as it began to increase in speed. It danced between her arms, using her neck and movements of her body to guide it. Like a dancer. She moved elegantly, roses softly dancing from her form, as a cloud of red surrounded her, the spinning scythe only being a blur. From the dirt below her, small spouts could be seen, as she stepped and danced.

Her face was still, warm but calm, strict but soft. It was the picture of grace and focus. And so she continued to dance. The blade moving faster and faster, until, eventually, she reached the end. She spun, the scythe in both hands as she danced, until she finished with a flourish, the blade in the air, the shaft at a diagonal across her chest, and her feet slightly spread, one before the other.

Taking deep breaths, she lowered her scythe, relaxing slightly, letting some of her energy return. Mentally she searched the garden, looking for something soft to eat, and in it she found a berry. In a glow of green, a few appeared in her hands. They looked like raspberries, but they seemed to be filled with some energy, from the place they were grown.

Then she moved over to one of the large trees and sat down against it, and slowly began to eat at the berries she found, relaxing before she began her practice again. 

« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 10:00:55 PM by Knick »

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Ron

Ron's eyes almost closed as he sighed, and leaned into Annabeth's hand. That's just cheating, he thought to himself. He tensed under her hand for a moment as he focused on not blinking, then relaxed again despite himself.

He took the bottle. "What do you ah, wanna dwell on, then?" he asked while bringing the bottle to his mouth.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Oren

The Fae had searched the city and eaten a fair share of peddlers who had tried to trick but found no trace off any mystic fruit. It was a tragedy. She had experienced genocides less sorrowful than this. Oren resolved herself to search for them and she hoped desperately that she would not need to grow them all herself.

Finding herself at the edge of a large forest she shifted into a Lycan and on all fours rushed into the woods. With her enhanced senses it was child's play to evade anything that sounded too big and sniff out the fruit in question. After eating a few surprisingly bad berries that left her rolling around on the ground for a few minutes she finally caught the scent of a human. That was good! If they were idiots who wandered in she would eat them. She was kind of hungry anyways. But, if they knew what they were doing then maybe they had some berries!

After a few moments she had the clearing and human in sight. Oren stealthily circled the area to find the best shot. Deciding to go for theatrics, the Lycan burst through the forest on the opposite side of the garden with all the ferocity of an overgrown puppy. She made sure to run in a circle for a few seconds before slowly approaching. She had to make a good first impression after all. If she made a bad one then she might not get berries. Yet at the same something unknowable squirmed in her. Different longings that she ignored for now. She was patient. Short term goals first!

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
Fiona Bacarra

She was calm and relaxed, taking in the cool and fresh air around her. She was softly humming as she popped another berry into her mouth, enjoying the sweet juices filling her mouth. It was… nice to get away from the city and to just enjoy nature for a bit. It was relaxing.

She stretched a bit and let out a yawn, before noticing the patting of paws on the ground. She looked up, only to see what could only be a wolf approach her. It was large for one, but and it had slightly raggedy brown fur. Giggling slightly she held out her empty hand in a welcoming gesture. “Aww, don’t worry, come closer.” She told it happily, welcoming it.

Its been a long time since she has seen an actual wolf and not a werewolf of some kind, probably since she obtained the animal blessing.

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
Annabeth

Annabeth giggled at his reaction, allowing a sigh as she leaned in a bit, the buzz of the drink really getting to her. Taking a moment to consider the question, the Hunter couldn't help but grin at Ron a little.

"Well, how about the company I'm with?" Annabeth asked, "After all, I get the feeling we're going to get to know quite a bit about each other, so why not start now?"

i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Ron

The buzz from the drink kept getting buzzblocked. Was that a word? It was a word as of that moment. Ron's body stubbornly refused to get drunk even as maybe less than half of the bottle was all that remained of its contents. He still felt weird though, nostrils flaring as closeness let him take in Annabeth's scent more.

dizzy drink and tasty hide

"You... want to know about me?" Ron asked, processing that scent in the pause between the first and second words. "That's fair. Where should I start?"

Well he should probably start by handing the bottle back to her, so he did.

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
Annabeth

The Hunter considered it for a moment, staring at him in thought, before taking the bottle and taking another swig. Dizzily holding her position, Annabeth handed him the bottle, her brow furrowed in concentration.

"Well...how about...what you were like before the whole..." Annabeth paused, unsure of how to word the next bit, "Wolf monster thing?"

i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Ron

"Right. Before the wolf monster thing," he said, pondering aloud to himself while staring harder at her. "Well, I like to think I was a lot like I am now. Just without the wolf monster stuff."

He saw the inevitable flat look coming. "But if you wanted something more specific, I'm a repairman. I fix things; foreigners make a mess everywhere, all the time, so I never run out of things for people to ask me to fix."

Ron reached out to Annabeth's shoulder and gave her a little nudge when she dipped a little in dizziness again. Slightly. He was just helping, it definitely wasn't just because he wanted to poke her annoyingly to see if she would blink.

"They have high schools where you're from? Well, I graduated from one," Ron continued. "Played some sports, got in a few fights with guys bigger than me... oh, and I spent a lot of time trying not to get killed by stray fire."

Thedoctor

Oka

"Of course he can! He's a powerful Volcarona, one of the most powerful fire types in the world! Wormy could be as hot as the sun!" Oka boasted to Jin.

Jin

"Wouldn't he melt the entire surrounding area if he were as hot as the sun? That's several million degrees." Jin said while looking warily at the pokémon.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Darcy Hugh

The priest listened attentively and nodded. Quite the language for a kid. He was getting more and more enthralled by the second. He twirled his golden hair and spoke with a smile.

"Now why would you say that?"

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Oren

The Formless One lumbered towards the girl's outstretched hand, but instead of focusing on the closer appendage she instead moved to sniff at the berries in the girl's other hand. After deciding that they were good to eat Oren nuzzled the hand and began to whine. She was hungry and if she didn't get what she would wanted she would just take the berries hand and all. She was not good at waiting.

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
Michael

The immortal had gone in expecting the pain, knowing that he'd pay a price for landing this hit even if he could. As the electricity coursed through him, he didn't scream or shout or give any voice to the pain, if anything he felt all the more exhilarated for it. The louder crackling sound from the damaged limb, however, warned him that he wouldn't want to stick around for whatever came next. With that in mind, the immortal worked through the pain and quickly dashed back, one foot coming down on one end of the staff, the immortal catching it as it came up behind him like many a stepped-on rake, just in time for Rikuyo to rip her own arm off.

A flash of insight had the immortal staring with widened eyes as she started to throw the severed limb at him. Without thought, he brought the staff down, planting it in the ground once more to redirect the inevitable discharge and bracing himself for any current that would make it past.

i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
Annabeth

The Hunter jolted a bit at the tap on her shoulder, dazedly blinking as she looked up at him, feeling a low flame burning in her stomach as the alcohol warmed her.

"High...schools?" Annabeth mused, "Probably, but I never really went to them. All I needed was the basic stuff to take the Hunter Exam, and I just trained aside from that. Though...doesn't sound all that fun from your description. Kinda sounds...boring."

With that, she shuffled a little closer, handing the bottle back to him belatedly.

i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
Fiona Bacarra

“Hahaha” Fiona began to laugh as the wolf pushed its head to her, seemingly looking for the berries into her other hand. “Alright, alright, you can have some, calm down.” She spoke to the wolf jovially.

She put her hand up to the wolf’s mouth, putting it right so it could eat at the berries, while her other one began to softly pet the wolf. It was a bit more energetic then animals normally were around her, but she supposed this was fine. Not to mention she was sure that wolves did not eat berries, or at least search out for them like this. Apparently she was wrong.

Nanashi

“Is it really not obvious that they are?” Nanashi questioned. “Even yours, while apparently kind, is capable of being so damn cruel.” Her hand grasped her scarf a bit more tightly.

Her mom was the same, actually liking humans and yet she for some reason made a promise to not interfere with the human world, to interfere with human lives. She couldn’t even help them because of that, no matter who they were. It pissed her off just remembering it.

Her fingers had since stop taping the bar and instead taken to scratching at it, but her frustration was not shown on her face. “Most are the same, called protectors of a group, but let them suffer. So much power, but they never use it.”