Cross Effects > Cross Effects 3.0-It was good while it lasted

Cross Effects 3.0 - June 23, 2016—April 02, 2018

(1/1230) > >>

Kat:
Mitsuba

Oh, dear, what it has to be me... The Unchained had honestly quite a bad day and didn't feel up to the task of explaining what this abominable city was, but basic manners demanded that she wouldn't ignore her question. So she at least tried to give her a decent answer:

"I honestly don't have any clue about the supernatural." The demon lied. "But I ended up here pulled away by some mysterious force just like many residents of the city, though some of them seems to be born here. I don't know, it just like pulls people from many different places into one single place."

Panda:
Michael

As the immortal led Oren through the trees, quite literally, he couldn't help but notice the odd little signs amidst the roar of...well, he couldn't exactly call it combat right now. Maybe a scuffle? Something they'd look back on and laugh about, perhaps, assuming that both of them survived. Regardless, the odd little omens piled up until, finally, the cause revealed itself in all its glory. After all, they were rampaging around its forest, and so the elemental in charge was quite pissed.

...About damn time.

A grin made itself known on the immortal's face once more, but not one of amusement, as the beast fended off Oren with almost contemptuous ease. No, this grin spoke of bloodlust tempered by millennia spent in the fires of combat, it spoke of the realization that this opponent was deserving of the immortal's full attention, here and now. As if in response to that realization, the Elemental loosed a blast of fire at Michael, seemingly focused far more on the large dragon.

Oh, now that's just not okay.

Standing his ground amidst the canopy, Michael's staff spun in his hands as if with a will of its own, the immortal's body merely following it along. It was in these moments that the tiniest glimpse of what Michael had achieved over his long life could be glimpsed. Skill that transcended all human limits, earned through experience, guts, and hard work alone. Skill that laughed in the face of silly things like logic and probability. Skill that had preserved Michael's life against opponents who vastly outclassed him in every way but one, for that one was the only thing he would never be outclassed in. With an almost joyous yell, Michael lashed out, the wave of fire scattering around him, though whether it was due to the new power the tool had been imbued with or the immortal's own skill was impossible to tell. Michael soon responded in kind, lashing out with a blow of his own, sending wave after wave of that black energy flying at the body surrounding that bright red-green glow, Michael deciding to focus his efforts on cracking that shell open.

Aiden:
Auspicious Breeze

She satisfied her body's urges, put there by whatever was in the meat she ate. It had to be the meat. She should probably care more than this about that. Breeze faintly recognized that she would feel really, really mad if someone did that to her mistress, but she couldn't really bring herself to care at all right now. It bothered her that this didn't bother her. Maybe.

The truth of things is, Auspicious Breeze wasn't very smart. She didn't know a lot of things. She wasn't even, clearly, smart enough to move away when Oren turned into a giant monster and started attacking Michael for some reason. Normally this would bother her; she didn't like being dumb. But she didn't care. That should bother her.

Her fingers were sticky.

The forest was becoming a mess. The fight wasn't going anywhere, she noticed when she bothered to look. It was weird. The couldn't hurt each other at all. That should probably have made her happy, at least; she didn't really remember what that felt like right now, either.

Something was wrong with her.

Then things changed. The forest came alive, like some great spirit her mistress, her Radiant Cataclysm, told her about before. But this was a really big one. Really big. She was in danger. Breeze should probably move. She didn't do anything to stop it, she just got out of its way.

Then the really big one made Oren move. It made her hurt. A cute girl was getting hurt right in front of Auspicious Breeze and she wasn't doing anything and what the hell was wrong with her?! Something in her head snapped back into place, her sticky fingers clenched into a fist, and she brought her eyes up to see the monster. Seeing it, she remembered what it was like to be angry.

Essence concentrated across her skin, and it was tough as the best armor. Tougher. The big monster's fire only singed, and that was pain she could ignore. Her muscles filled with fury. She blurred out of sight.

The Chosen of the Dawn appeared again behind the beast in a corona of sunfire, four persons high off the ground, the mark of the rising sun shining on her forehead, and concentrated the burning light in her veins to the knuckles of her fists. Fists of Iron

"ORYAAA!"

She cracked the shell beneath her hand, on the side opposite of Michael. The force of her blow made the giant stumble into Michael's hit.

Aiden:
Muramasa Katase

This bumbling fool, she thought to herself, more amused by this than any other feeling his confusion might have provoked. Who said men had to be smart to be interesting? Then again, he couldn't be outright stupid - he was too insightful and skilled when it came to weapons like her. Then he actually asked her a question, and...

Katase blinked in confusion. He did not know what a television was? Then again, she could hardly blame him for that. Human inventions were downright bizarre at the best of times. She gestured at it, waving her hand as if to dismiss it. "I believe humans call boxes like these 'televisions.' They show moving images of people and places, accompanied by sound. I can't say I understand how they work. Humans can be... very strange."

Ron

"I should probably test that, then," Ron muttered to himself as he looked down to the hand holding his chopsticks. "See if those techniques I know can keep it from piercing my skin, or something." He took another bite of meat and nodded to himself.

Other abilities, huh? That would explain some of the things he could do before Anne started teaching him things. He already could increase his strength that way, and it just stacked with what his girlfriend roommate showed him to do. But some of that just sounded crazy. Turning into a woman? Talking to rocks? Okay, he could talk to animals, but that seemed logical - he could turn into one.

"Well, I talk to pigeons sometimes," he confessed. "And I can make myself stronger and tougher even without changing shape. Even without the stuff she taught me; just makes it better. But... can I really turn into a woman? How does being a werewolf somehow lead to that?"

SINIB:

Sakura Matou

Sakura took the cling wrap from Archer and shook her head. "No idea, sorry. Nee-san is out getting drunk off her ass right now." Sakura's voice was tinged with annoyance at her sister. "She doesn't even have it that bad…" she murmered as she carefully wrapped up the plate and put it in the fridge. "She'll be back when she decides to come back, or when I go find her in the morning."

Sakura sighed and began writing a note on a scrap of paper, attaching it to the fridge with a magnet.

"Archer, what do you think of this version of my sister?" Sakura asked him bluntly, with a tinge of dejection in her voice.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version