Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - June 23, 2016—April 02, 2018  (Read 21943 times)

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile

Medaka Kurokami

Medaka's back hyper-extended as Shinobu crushed her bones with a powerful hug.  Her eyes widened as she was taken by surprise by both the raw strength of the hug as well as the incredible pain that accompanied it.

"Of course I hate you, the level adorableness in your acting is only matched by the lewdness of your body."  The moment she heard this, the world around her seemed to slow down.  A big happy smile illuminated her face as it rest behind Shinobu's shoulder.

The newly turned vampire let out a giggle. "Yes I understand.  There is nothing worse than someone who communicates one thing with her body and another with her words.  Personally, I have always been more attracted to those who are more straightforward."  She said, returning Shinobu's bone shattering hug with one of her own.

In that moment, the monster known as loneliness seemed much smaller.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 06:33:47 PM by yinsukin »

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Ron

The gorilla-sized wolfman took a couple more swings at the swarm with the dissolving bear corpse before swinging it up over his back and down onto the swarm. He wasn't really sure at this point what else to do about it, until he remembered something a neighbor's dog had done before. So Ron quickly shifted back to his horse-sized dire wolf body and began to dig up and fling huge amounts of loose earth onto whatever parts of the swarm hadn't been caught by his bear-flail.

Fortunately his hide like this, reinforced by all the tricks Anne had taught him, would stand up well to the stings if they went after him like this.

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
Annabeth

Even in the heat of the battle, both literally and figuratively, the Hunter was a mite surprised by the smaller portion of the swarm that emerged from the dissolving corpse of the bear, proceeding to start trying to dig into the werewolf's hide. Then he shifted to that direwolf and proceeded to start throwing up massive amounts of earth like an overenthusiastic dog digging a hole, the bees still trying to get through his skin through his layered protections.

Setting aside the branch for now, the Hunter drew both guns, taking aim at the bees digging into Ron and dialing back on the power before opening fire, obliterating the bees with unerring aim. With a moment's focus, the Hunter concealed the Nen enveloping her guns with In before turning them on the swarm, opening fire at the bees as they dodged the chunks of earth thrown up by Ron, the bullets in turn concealed with In.
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Lucy

A frown came to the girl's features for a moment before one of her Messengers gleaned the knowledge from one of the inhabitants of the building. "Well, I do now," she said as she grabbed the guy's hand and started pulling him out of the alley and towards one of the nearby malls. "So, what do you do, Mobb?"

Liseth

Alright, the bobbing spider was a bit too much. Liseth began to make some distance from it. It was just way too creepy. "Hey, Sakura, are you still there?"

Oren

The Fae leaned in to take a look at all of Mordred. She blinked before giving an appreciative nod. "You look pretty professional, Mordred. It makes you look pretty cute too! And don't worry, I'll be a really careful buyer. I'll just need to look around a bit. Be right back!"

And she was off. Oren managed to give Breeze a light peck on the cheek before moving on. The dark haired girl poked around a bit before discovering the tailor of the place. A large spider creature whose only major differences from her smaller kin was the relatively humanoid torso, her arms and claws, and her head that had its fair share of eyes. 

"Ahh, a customer? The humans avoid me, but you are no human, are you?" A subtle power sang between the spider's claws. Fabric and thread were slowly woven together along with that same energy. But the spider paid little heed to that. She was doing that without even looking. "So," she asked, "what brings you to me, child?"

The Fae didn't even have the slightest amount of hesitation in her request. "I need something that my girlfriend can look really sexy in." Oren nodded furiously. "Something that'll let her show off but won't get her in too much trouble, y'know?"

In fact, the spider did know! She was one who had acquired (and on occasion violently murdered in the afterglow) many mates. It was an understandable desire. She moved over to reach towards the hangars as Oren gave a few inputs on what exactly she wanted. But right when they had picked out the clothes the Formless One asked for one more addition.

"You already spoke of your lack of funds, child. Do you think you could afford any of my more esoteric services?" The question was not cruel or biting. Only factual.

Oren's response was as quick as ever. "Sure! I don't have any money, but I have something that you might find interesting."

So she told the spider of the place where the elemental had died. The forest had burned, but the power invested into the land was still there. Whispers of intentions and promises of ownership were made.

And with that Oren left the nice spider woman alone as she took the white t-shirt with the symbol that had burned so brightly on Breeze's forehead embroidered on the shoulders with a bit of gold trimming in other places. She also a pair of a bit shorter than average black shorts. They were both nicely formfitting and had something secret tossed in them by the spider. Oren was all but bouncing when she held them out to Breeze. "I got you these! You should try them!"

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
East Asian Special Ward

Quote from: Michael
(...)
Taking a proper look around, Michael found himself a bit surprised by how much his surroundings had changed. Wondering when he'd started getting this sloppy, the immortal took in his surroundings with a smidgen of curiosity. There was something different about the place. Most of the people and some of the attire, first off, but also the signs, most of them in different languages than what he'd seen in the part of the city he'd been in before. The supernaturals walking around, aside from being a bit more open now here, were also of a somewhat different sort. Honestly, this place almost reminded him of a city in one of those Far Eastern empires he'd visited a few centuries back. Or was it a few millennia? ...Wait no, there had been empires there during both of those time periods.

Huh. Well, I can't say I wasn't expecting this, at least a little. In any case, might as well start looking here.

Obviously, a school within the hustle and bustle and the general pollution of the city would be out of the question, but nonetheless, there were usually a few types you could rely on in regards to real estate. The first of those was usually the nearest thing this place had to authority, but from what he'd seen, such and authority would be spread far too thin over a city like this. Not to mention that, of the many things Michael was prepared to deal with today, bureaucracy and its fondness for the red tape was not amongst those things. The other option, of course, would be whatever organized crime reigned in the area, and the immortal was all but certain there would be such a hive of scum and villainy in a place like this, if not multiple.

With the practiced ease born of repetition and boredom, Michael looked around for the nearest possible hub. It's not like the trends usually differed much regarding the kinds of places they liked to gather, and there were always certain signs that the practiced eye could pick out. This wasn't likely to take long.

There was a difference between the way people who avoided the disapproval of hundreds of years of societal propriety and those who tangled in it carried themselves. This was the case whether or not the latter were were aware of their transgressions, and even if they consciously did not recognize the order of things ingrained into them. So long as they were a product of society, criminals would know themselves as criminals, even if they saw the law and order of their birthlands as the true icons of reproach (even knowing the unquestionable personas at the helm exploited them for personal benefit). Knowing this, it was not difficult for Michael to know who was more likely to lead him to a hub of the criminal types, nor to recognizable patterns from the flow of presumable criminals.

In the end, the more things changed the more they stayed the same, and the longer you were acquainted with something the better you knew to find it. So it didn't take long for him to come to a modest building in the middle of one of the more visually distinct neighborhoods, an seeming hub for all manner of business. While the upper floors resembled a row of apartments or offices from the outside, and a hint of activity showed itself through a window, the bottom floor was, he guessed, meant to look like the local equivalent of a bar or tavern.

Although the face of the establishment was modern, decorated with somewhat showy symbols and colors, the interior was a different matter altogether. It was much more like an old inn, the long tables laid apart with equally long benchs, furbished primarily in wood; but the paneling and surfaces were darker and smoother, of construction that could not be mistaken for something of even a past century, but which breathed of familiar age. There were few people here, their features reminiscent of those eastern people he had met in the past and mingled more commonly in the district. Mostly men, including the bartender, in a blend of semi-formal and street-wandering styles of clothing.

Here, they made no effort to conceal the tattoos that peeked out from their collarbones or wrists. And no effort to conceal their pointed notice when Michael walked in and stopped at the counter. The thin employee behind it conveniently missed his approach, busy placing glasses in a cupboard, but he did not have to wait long to be well received.

One of the patrons approached, smiling through narrowed eyes, and greeted him. He sat down and leaned in subtly, his tongue flapping amicably, but experience exposed the second meaning of each sentence out of his mouth.

"You look lost, buddy."
I don't know you, and I don't trust you.

"Don't think I've seen you around before. "
You don't belong here. You should leave.

"Anything I can help you with?"
What are you doing here and what do you want?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 02:44:51 AM by YOLF »
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
Emily

"Well, there you go," Emily mused, chuckling in turn, "If such a relationship benefits both of us, then why not go along with it?"

If nothing else, the Changeling couldn't help but admit that this was helping her spirits at least a little, if only to herself.

i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
Dante

"I guess not," the half-demon said with a chuckle, "I'll admit, I like performances of a more exciting sort. This just doesn't look like my kind of stage."
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 03:12:47 PM by I_care_not_till_I_must »

i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Sakura Matou

The spider stood up, composed itself with creepy imitations of human mannerisms, and bowed before apologizing. "Hehe, sorry, Rin just started randomly hissing at me. It was uproariously funny. So uh… you'll still be renting from me, right? I'll make sure your house is extra safe. I feel like we can not only be friends, but also valuable allies." Sakura raised one of her front feet as if asking to shake hands with Lis. "What do you say?"

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile

Julius

Reflexively, Julius stopped his horse and dismounted. The child clinging to his leg had clearly seen hell on Earth, but the nobleman was there to answer his plea.

"Do not worry. I am here to answer your wish." He reached the child's head with his hand and patted it with consolation, smiling, and then he looked up at the building from which the child fell down. He had no doubt that something menacing was going on there. And this abhorrent stench was like when the mall became a pandemonium, albeit somewhat weaker in intensity. This clearly needed a hero's situation.

"Young lady, the enemy is lurking there, but I don not think we can afford making the first move if this child is still here. If I may ask, could you get back the child to safety? I shall fend off any attack in your absence. If I'm not done by the time you return here, then I am certain I will be really in need of reinforcements."

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Auspicious Breeze

Since it was their turn to pick clothes out all Breeze did was wait and see what Mordred and Oren picked out. First was Mordred, and wow that was actually pretty cool! Well, not cool because it actually looked really warm, and did her fellow knight really plan to fight in that? "It looks really good on you!" she said with a little smile. "But, um, are you sure you're not going to get too hot if you fight in that? Well, I guess you could take the top part off for that..."

Then came Oren still looking nice in what Breeze had picked out for her. "Oh, wow, it even has a little sunburst on it! I'll go try it on right away!"

The former gladiator came back wearing the shirt that was just a little tight, and the shorts that were just about the same. After an experimental kick up into the air she flexed her muscles a bit and posed in front of her girlfriends with a grin. "Well, do they look good on me?"

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Gadreel

"Ah, you need merely turn," the exile said with a grin, and a shrug of his broad shoulders. "There should be nary a moment before I am properly attired once more. As for the rest of the mess..."

He pulled out a napkin from one of his coat's well-concealed pockets. It was clearly one from their date in the food court earlier, and once his vampiric companion turned around he swiftly changed into a clean pair of undergarments after cleaning himself up with it. It truly did take less than a minute to complete, and then Gadreel was lifting up his weapons and moving past her to exit the stall.

"Well then, take us to your vehicle so we may seek out that poor wretch's spawn."

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
Michael

The moment he stepped inside, the immortal couldn't help but note that it almost felt like he'd stepped back in time. Perhaps some of the attire choices would've been a bit out of place back then, but the atmosphere of the old inn, the construction, the furniture, all of it spoke to him of an almost familiar age, bringing a quiet smirk to his lips for all of a few seconds in fond reminiscence. All the same, he soon made his way to the counter and took a seat, the thin man behind it conveniently preoccupied with stowing some glasses away.

Hm. Guess that means someone else will be greeting me.

As if on cue, one of the patrons approached Michael, sitting down nearby. He spoke amiably enough, even if the double meaning was clear enough that the man might as well have spoken plainly.

Let's see, how to present myself...Confident, definitely. A little cocky, perhaps? Probably shouldn't be too subtle, wouldn't want to risk him missing it...

"In a place like this, I can't fault that observation," Michael said, his own tone just as amiable as the man before him, "But I'm not lost, merely looking for something that isn't wrapped up in the usual red tape and this seems like a good place to start looking."

With that, the immortal allowed a smile brimming with confidence, allowing it to reach grey eyes that watched the man carefully.

i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Liseth

Nah, fuck that. She wasn't going to touch that spider even if it was the kindest thing on the planet and could cure every disease known to man. But she nodded anyways. No need to be a jerk about it. "Yeah, that'd be nice. If you need any more payments I can always make them easily. I don't know how much the stuff I gave you was worth here."

But Rin hissing sounded pretty strange. Maybe it was a family thing? When people were close they could get pretty weird.

Thedoctor

Jin

He hadn't expected her breaking down like that, nevertheless he tried his best to comfort. "It's alright, nothign bad had happened."

She eventually calmed down and wanted to know what he would recommend. Hmm...there was quite a lot to chose from when he eyed the menu, he wasn't really sure yet what to pick either.

"Chocolate, lots and lots of chocolate...with ice cream." He gave her a smile as he said so. "No actually, think about what you like."

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile

Mordred

"You know it's not fun getting stabbed or shot, right. The sturdier clothes I wear the more shallow my wounds are. So no, I'm not getting dressed like for a beach while fighting." Mordred commented on with a hint of sarcasm in her voice. And it was quite fortunate that people generally didn't perceive her armor. It could even stop some of lighter caliber bullets unless the angle was unfortunate. The naive people saved by that Forest creature recounted how she was a gun wielder. Honestly, she seemed particularly brain rotten. What kind of vampire would reveal itself in the public? Maybe other vampires killed her to keep the secret already, but Mordred was never at ease. Maybe that walking corpse was particularly lucky.

"Yeah, it's nice, but people will just look weird at other people walking like that in the winter. So please don't be surprised." As a British person Mordred still put some effort into not standing out too much and keeping up appearances.