Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - June 23, 2016—April 02, 2018  (Read 42266 times)

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile

Mordred

"Stubborn, aren't ya. I've said that it's half-half." Mordred sighed in semi-resignation, but still continued the verbal argument. "OK, you can pay for the steak, I'm buying other things. That's more fair that way."

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Larry

The old guard looked relieved when he noticed that higher ups in Enforcers treated the matter seriously. Without wasting any time, he reported the situation to the famous rookie who caught positive attention of everyone in the field thanks to her performance in recent weeks.

"I was guarding this place, officer Vermillion, when those two individuals approached the front entrance, one of them carrying that large battleaxe. After I issued a warning, one of them proved to be a telepath and tried to wipe our memories. Fortunately I managed to respond in retaliation to the attack and set off an alarm. The situation calmed down and they didn't make more moves, but they've been under our watch since then. They spoke cryptically about some danger to the hospital. I have no reason to trust them after this incident, but if their claims are true, the matter should be investigated under watchful eye of one of Enforcers, as it is in the procedure. It's better for their situation if what they implied is really true, otherwise there won't be any mitigating circumstances for them."

Other guards also have heard of her reputation and allowed themselves to relax somewhat. However, the pair in the second floor still observed perpetrators if the officer really needed their assistance.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Vanguard

Vanguard slapped her mid-sentence with a ruthless back hand. The loud, cracking sound of the whip that took the shape of his hand had drowned all sounds in their surroundings and plunged it to silence.

"Quiet, doll." He said in a stern, soft but calm tone. "I do not remember giving you permission to speak. Whatever message you may have sent would have had the same effect if you killed them quickly and hastily."

He knelt to the dying men and looked each of them in the eye, one by one. There was nothing but hardness in his features, but even so he could feel their pain. I'm sorry, I can't save you. He thought as he gouged their hearts one by one with a graceful motion, delivering a swift and painless death. His hand moved with such skill and surgical precision that not a single drop of blood stained his clothes.

Their wounds were too grave for him to bring them to a healer in time, but he could still abridge their plight. As a failure of a hero, this was all he could do. The mere feeling of their blood coursing across his hand was enough to make him feel sick. He rose again and turned to the construct with a frigid gaze, speaking harshly yet softly.

"Even the life of such lowlife garbage had worth. To preserve the worth of life with fairness, dignity and consent, that is what true justice means. Without true justice, your actions are an abomination that must be eradicated. If you cannot understand such a simple fact, you are lower than garbage scum, a mindless object simply serving a dogma without thinking. That is what makes you a puppet."

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Gadreel

Please do not assault anyone preemptively, Forest. It was all the request he could make of her at this juncture. He could only hope she heeded him.

He did not reach for his weapons, nearly obfuscated from view as they were by his garments, but did comply with placing his hands behind his head. The new officer on site was not intimidating in the slightest to him with her somewhat endearing voice and the tremendous difference in height between them, but bearing was unnecessary. Deceptive, even, for this exiled angel had witnessed horrors and wonders bundled into innocuous packages before.

Then Gadreel spoke, once acknowledged. "Good evening, officer. I will concede to this gentlemen's words; I had detected some manner of horror lurking within this hospital and was aiming to dispose of it. I was unaware that any public agency had... jurisdiction over such concerns. Such matters are typically private from whence I come."

Even after the rise of the Adversary it was considered... prudent to not alert the public to the everyday particulars. For morale purposes.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 06:10:32 PM by Aiden »

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Hazama

Looks like he does have half a brain after all.

"Very well, Jeremy. I guess that logic is pretty sound." He said with a kind smile before taking his hat to his chest and bowing. "My name is Hazama, it is a pleasure to meet you. Would you kindly tell me where and when I am?"

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Relius Clover

The scientist's faced relaxed in disappointment.  I think im starting to miss Kokonoe.  She was far more reactive.

He mouth shifted into a more conversational, polite smile. "Well, I like to think I am being honest."  Relius retorted, finishing the topic.  "As for your proposal, I will gladly assist in your ambition.  What are the terms of our relationship then?"  He asked with a tinge of curiosity hidden underneath the polite exterior of his voice.

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Auspicious Breeze

The muscular girl hopped on her feet a couple times as she watched the 'argument' growing. "Oh, oh! I know! How about you pay for dessert, Mordred?" That way everyone got what they wanted without having to take their niceness back at all. It'd be great.

She hoped that worked.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
IRON=SAKURA

"Alright, fine." Sakura accepted Breeze's compromise. "But you're only paying for dessert. No exceptions!" She proclaimed.

"Alright, let's go." Sakura said, grabbing the two girls under her arms and squatting. Her leg muscles suddenly bulged out, nearly doubling in size before she leapt off the ground onto a nearby roof, running across it at top speed. She was being really careful to keep the two off the ground and from getting bumped or getting crushed by her strength! She ran with a huge smile on her face, happy to have finally made some friends.

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
Emily

Though Emily remained calm, yet amiable, on the surface as she sat down next to Liseth, though she could practically feeling the mirth bubbling inside of her at the dark-haired girl's response. Coaxing this one out of her shell would be a much needed bit of fun, it was starting to look like. Nonetheless, the redhead let the other girl have her silence for now, deciding it would probably be better to let Liseth make the first move.

Unsurprisingly, it didn't take very long before the other girl tried to break the ice, offering a greeting that, while generic, was also quite sincere.

"Emily," she said with a warm smile and a relaxed tone, though hints of curiosity were present in both, "Pleasure to meet you. Doesn't it get lonesome? Sitting off in a corner in a place like this."
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

Break

• NPC
    • View Profile
Coppelius

Coppelius opened his eyes- with a mechanical click, the artificial eyelids slid back to reveal the dusty workbench before him.
It had been several months since he had come to this place, and a certain sence of normalcy had already taken root within him. A small Atelier had been the first thing he established here, and thanks to the few but precious associates he had made, he had soon been able to acclimate himself and build up a new "life". Now, he decided, it was time for a change of pace; he left the unfinished doll on the workbench to climb the stairs up and open the door, beeing greeted with beaming sunlight on the bumbling streets of the Nexus, he felt the bustling, overflowing life abundant on these streets.
Even though he didnt need it, he took a deep breath and took the first step into a new adventure.

Thedoctor

Kuro

"Whaaa"

The young girl yelled as it all disappeared. The walls, the door, the windows, the house. Everything was just all gone, as if it had never been there, a mere illusion. Replaced by repulsive flesh like walls with no entry path behind. The sickening sense of dread that permeated the place was almost overwhelming, but she managed to steel herself against it. While it may appear that it was an illusion, she had feeling that wasn't the truth.

"We're cut off, this looks pretty bad. I think this, this...filthy place is a dimension, seperated from the real world." She explained to the Count, as a degree of worry could be heard from her.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Jin

The pillar of darkness rising up behind them was ominous, He almost felt like rushing over but something was preventing him, telling him that it wasn't time yet. Yes, the time will come for you, but it isn't here and now.

"There's no need to worry, it's over now." He didn't really know how he knew, he just knew. He took Oka's hand as he reassured her. "Come let's go."

Oka Kurosawa

Oka squeezed his hand and tried to smile. "Ok." Was all she managed to squeak out. "Where-where should we go next? My idea seems to have been a bust, so it's your turn now." She joked to him, trying to make light of the grim situation. "Wanna go get some ice cream?" The girl asked her boyfriend hopefully. "My treat."

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Erica

She simply cocked her head at him. Her skin turned red and a bit purple where she was slapped but she paid little attention to that. This one was such a tiresome complainer. She supposed that leaving would be the correct response soon enough. But something rankled her...

"If I am a puppet then I must be a rather poor one. But your lack of perspective is not my concern." True justice? What a foolish concept. Such absolutes were born of arrogance or foolishness. Humans such as him were... tiresome. She did not bring her ideals into her work. She did not slay because what the gangs were doing especially bothered her. She acted because they threatened all the world, and she would not surrender the place that she had found freedom and Her because of some complaining.

Erica dashed back. A sudden burst of speed for faster than she could normally move that left a series of black afterimages behind. Then she simply spread the Mantle into wings and took flight.

Liseth

Oh. Her hand was pretty soft. Soft and warm. And her smile looked really nice on her. She let go immediately once she'd realized she'd been holding on too long. She wasn't that starved for contact, was she? Well, she didn't really leave home anymore unless someone from Sakura's house called but that wasn't too far apart, was it? Nah. She was fine. Just fine.

"Well, I mean, it isn't that bad, really. I have my games, and some stories, and I can always watch a show if I'm bored. What about you? Like, isn't chatting up anyone who's by themselves kind of boring?" Small talk was fine. Talking about herself? Not so fine. Just a tiny bit of deflection couldn't hurt, right?

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
Emily

Emily's smile widened ever so slightly as she noted how abruptly Liseth withdrew, as if she felt she'd held on for too long, though this was hardly a formal enough setting for that kind of thing to mean much. The deflection, while slight, was easy enough to notice for the changeling, its meaning readily apparent.

"Not at all, it's just a matter of being able to tell who would be decent company," Emily said, her hand resting on the table once more, "That said, I've played my fair share of games, though probably not as much as some of my friends. What games do you usually play?"
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Liseth

She perked up quite noticeably at the question. That she could do. And so Liseth shifted over so that she was right next to Emily and turned her laptop over so that she could show her all the games on it. She started with the ones that she'd bought recently. A few grand strategy games, survival games, RTSs, a fighting game or two, and a plethora of RPGs.

Eventually things had derailed into her going on about individual games that she was a bit fond of. Listing their qualities, what she liked about them, what they were about, and their respective issues. The conversation kept flowing back and forth in a comfortable rhythm, and it didn't take much at all for Liseth to get more into the lore as well. "...and that's why Warcraft and several other Blizzard stories have generally turned completely awful."