Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - June 23, 2016—April 02, 2018  (Read 42370 times)

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile

Mordred

Of course, she likely ordered that because it had "punch" in the name. "Oh, and I guess I will order the same thing as Sakura." She really didn't mind a good steak too.

Thedoctor

Jin

Ice cream.

"No."

She wanted it, his ice cream. There were many things he would give up for love but not this, not ice cream. He refused her with all his being, resisting even those accursed eyes that could bend any to their whims.

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Liam

"Well, good work," he murmured as he approached the tile. Without much effort he bent his knees and grabbed onto it. Then just a quick lift, and off it went. Now they could see what was lurking below. There was a set of stairs, crumbling apart, waiting to be used. "How convenient. I'd say ladies first, but this seems like one of them situations it ain't appropriate."

He could smell the air down there from here. It weren't nearly as stale as it should be. Plenty dark, though.

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Ron

Shinobu's fingers going through his fur felt way too nice for the giant wolf. He let out a growl of approval that rumbled enough the elder vampire would certainly feel it. His tail even started to wag back and forth, audibly pushing the air aside in its wake. It felt almost as good as what they were doing before they started fighting! Almost.

Ron moved his head so he could rub his wet nose against the vampire's back a bit. Better than lingering on the ache left in his bones after using that form.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Erica

She straightened her head at the questions. Was she willing to fight? Yes. That was what she was best at after all. Could she afford to die here? No. Absolutely not. But she did not fear death. She feared...

I͘͝'҉͏m̡̡̧͜ ̵̡̢͜a͏̷͠f̸͡͠r̸͟͞͞a͘͜ì̢̀̕͟d̵ ̢̨͝͝I͞͠ ͏̡͞h̸̡̨a̸̴҉v̡҉̸͠è̢͏n͠҉̢̛'̷̶̢͞͏t̵̶̢́̕ ̵҉̧b̕͘͏̶e̢̨͏͠e̵̵͝͠n͘͟͡ ̶̸͘a͠l̕҉̨̀i̸̧v͏e͟ ̧̡̨͜e̛͝n̡҉o̶̢̢u̶͞ģ͠h̶̷̡́.̢͝

She had much to lose, but she couldn't shake the feeling that it would be a mistake to refrain from this. Maybe She would like some ingredients from this? It couldn't hurt. Well, calculations and logic said that it could, but she was certain that it most likely wouldn't. "I accept. Let us go and defeat this creature." She spoke with absolute certainty.

Paladin

With a jolly wave the armored man gave the kind physicians at the hospital a farewell. They were nice people! He did have to leave his armaments behind, but they were understanding of his duties and did not insist on the removal of his armor.  It was a good experience. He would need to include the place in his other patrols as well.

The warrior of Stribog paused for a bit and rubbed a hand against the metal of his helmet as he thought. It would be workable. Although he did hope that nothing did happen there. Healers should never be harmed. Never. So long as they remain in the role of solely restoring the injured or the ill none should touch them. He would not be merciful to those who did. So with that in mind he began his reworked patrol.

Thedoctor

Shinobu

His fur so soft to her touch, her hands slowed down the rubbing moition as she felt him rumble. The vibrations travelled through her and caused her to let out a soft gigling sound for a brief moment. She managed to get herself under control as she felt a strangely wet sensation on her back. The werewolf was rubbing his nose against her back, Shinobu merely hugged him a bit tighter in response and then whispered to him.

"There are more ways to assert dominance than through battle, my dear wolf."

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Relius Clover

Relius caught the orb.  He held it up to the ceiling light, observing it’s structure.  “Until then.”  He responded simply. Then, the scientist turned back to the doorway leading to the room filled with explosives. 

It's time.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 03:54:59 PM by Sinib »

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Vanguard

Vanguard glanced back at the girl. How curious, was he smiling? He didn't really have a reason to, it just felt like the natural thing to do. Like the man from long before would have done.

"Very well."

He walked the steps leading to the arena  decisively, ignoring the roars of the audience. The one person who seemed to matter at this moment was the enemy. Glaring attentively at the beast, he scoffed and held his arms in a glorious stance, like an actor on stage. It was only fitting, after all, that a man like him would find comfort in such an environment.

With a graceful bow, he smiled condescendingly at the creature, a calm and arrogant smile that displayed strength and serenity. It was like a cold confort, the sort you'd expect when standing atop the entire world, detached from everything as if on a completely different level. Did that beast feel the same?

"Shall we begin?"

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Henry Barthow

The trip back hadn't been noteworthy except for its constraining silence, but for this time the detective couldn't claim any flaw of his in social engagement. Presumably. It wasn't as if they had any time to talk once they checked in and delivered their report, because they had to prepare to pass it along in the meeting that had been called in a rush as a reaction to the terrorist attack that had been at the head of his partner's information; due to its proximity and amount of active agents, it was decided the forces to deal with the emergent problem would meet at their police station. Which brought them here.

The makeshift conference room was bustling with impatient cops and enforcers alike, who didn't have enough chairs to go around. There were less of them than he thought there would be. But you couldn't walk around without foldable chairs clacking against each other, and in an affair like this there were no few people who wouldn't sit still even with the sargeant glaring daggers at them and a strike leader (for some reason in full assault armor) barking for order in court. Only a couple of seats (discounting those who were just standing against a wall or doorframe) had freedom to swing your arm, and one of them was occupied by an armored stone warrior with an eternal cold flame burning in his eyes. An elite. The other was his own, due to the chair on his left being passingly empty.

Mechanical buzzing made Henry lower his head, scampering his gaze from the returning Noel, who awkwardly tried to make her way to the third row of roughly even seats, while their superiors immediately went back to talking again. After assessing the damages and primary consequences of the initial attack, it had been her role to present her experience with the perp. With the danger of the assignment contextualized to the best of effects as possible, it was determined what each group's place in the coming operations would be; police would primarily handle investigation and PR, and the enforcers would be ready to respond to a follow-up attack while "developing countermeasures". That part was so padded and obvious Henry's stomach grew more bitter than the last coffee he'd had.

He glared at the drone that nearly gave him a haircut as precise roles began to be doled out to squads, and the duo of him and Vermillion was confirmed for interrogation of the other direct witness of the target's abilities.

Noel Vermillion

The short blond woman wasn't pleased that she'd been assigned to interrogate the man she'd saved. The first problem was a very simple one. She sucked at interrogating people. She was probably among the worst on the entire force. And as such, she hated doing it. It was no fun at all trying to be the mean cop and drag information out of people.

In her opinion, they should just hire some professional interrogators.

Secondly, she honestly didn't want to be reminded of what she felt was a complete failure on her part by seeing the civilian who was now probably in the ICU again.

Noel scrunched up as she floated out of the room, following about a foot behind Tar, floating above everyone as to not crowd the building even further.

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
the ward

There wasn't anything particularly wrong with the woman's body. No sign of a disease. Instead, she was in a state of sleep. If not his supernatural senses, he would feel nothing more than that. But, something was seeping out of the woman, unperceivable to the mundane perception. Something was feeding on her mind, draining enough to force her into slumber like state, but not killing her. The process left subtle traces, and if Gadreel focused enough, he could possibly trace the source of this phenomenon more accurately.

Hospit-Noel

The girl nodded, and did what the tall man asked of her, quickly darting around the room and making sure everyone was ok. Afterwords, she sat on the ground, and a blue magic-looking circle appeared. "Make sure nothing jumps me, I'm going to put up a barrier around the building to make sure nothing escapes. It'll take me a few minutes."

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
IRON=SAKURA

Sakura laughed at Mordred's gumption. "Give her half of what I order. I don't think she'll be able to eat more than that." She told the waitress with a smile. "And I'd like the usual, with a large pint-glass of beer, please." She turned her attention back to Mordred and her smile turned mischevious. "I don't think you know what you're getting yourself into, Mord." Sakura said, flexing her arm and causing the muscle to bulge drastically, doubling or tripling in size, at least. "Where do you think this gets its energy from?" She teased.

Of course what she was saying was total nonsense. Her energy came from an internal miniaturized reactor inside her, pumping energy nonstop into her. She'd just always had a herculean appetite.

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Auspicious Breeze

A challenge, huh? Well, this Auspicious Breeze wasn't about to back down from one in front of her girlfriend and two other cute girls (if you counted the waitress)! No ma'am, she was going to eat the whole thing and get dessert after.

"Huu... I'll have the full order of what Sakura's having," the former gladiator said, grinning at the thought of all that delicious meat. She rolled her shoulders, and just that was enough to flex a whole bunch of muscles. "I can definitely handle it. I ate an entire yeddim liver by myself once after all!"

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Gadreel

Gadreel carefully placed the nurse down, away from where Noel was forming her circle of magic, and nodded to the officer once in confirmation. "I shall do my best, Noel. Be cautious of less physical assaults in this time - our quarry seems to be feeding on their very minds."

And then he began patrolling the circumference of her circle while she performed her magic. How fortunate that a potent magician was the exiled angel's compatriot in this endeavor. The matter would be much simpler with this kind of aid.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile

Mordred

"Don't you dare to underestimate me!" The Changeling roared out in defiance. Whether she handled it or not, it was her damn own business. She needed no pity. "Disregard what she said, a full course for me too. No ifs and buts."

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile

Petra

It was unnecessary of him to worry about her, but he didn't know better after all. "Of course. That's quite gentlemanly of you."

At this point they couldn't walk down the corridor if she still held his arm, so they separated for time being. It was already an unusual date, but she was an unusual person herself.

"Okay, let's see what's down there."