Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - June 23, 2016—April 02, 2018  (Read 42451 times)

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile

the monster

That attack's power was overwhelming, but in reality it was something that the monster could recover from with time. What a foolish mortal, it could just play dead in a dispersed form and formulate some strategy to escape or maybe overcome those two by surprise. The monster seemingly evaporated into still visible fumes of smoke.

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Gadreel

Noel's response to the monstrosity's appearance was... impressive. He had not seen such a display of skill with firearms before, even from the increasing number of demigods who had a fondness for that sort of weaponry back in his own world. And yet despite the display he could still feel the abomination's presence, the atrocious miasma of tainted power lurking there.

His hand drew the accursed sword Dainsleif from its sheath, and he felt at the edge of his prodigious mind the red haze of its hunger and malice. Without a moment to explain to Noel the purpose behind his actions the exile blurred forward and cut through the lingering fumes of smoke with his sword's edge. It would not pull back together so easily from this.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile

Minato

"There will be probably more children for them to play with if there's a pre-school anywhere in this city." Minato explained to her sword. Honestly she didn't feel like drilling into them education other than assassination and running her business on her own. Even if she had an eidetic memory and could easily learn the stuff about which she could homeschool them, she could just pay other people to do it. "I think I've had enough rest, shall we continue our walk?"

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile

Petra

"You better start running too, you shouldn't play hero just because I'm here." If she took his advice, he would likely get riddled with bullets when she wasn't around. Without her presence they would have a definite advantage. This situation really sucked if they couldn't retreat without a shootout. It was like choosing between a bad and worse option.

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Medaka Kurokami

Reincarnate?  So she is immortal as well?  She looked at Rikuyo who had gotten into a battle ready position, that feeling rising as she prepared herself.  The blue haired vampire stared at her for a moment as her body finished healing. "Alright.  I trust that this new form of yours is as durable as it is fast."  She said with an increased air of seriousness.

She started bouncing.  After a few moments, she shot forward causing another powerful sonic boom that caused the same drastic area effects as before.  She aimed for the center of her opponents body.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Erica

The hydra somehow managed to sigh. Every single head managed to show its disappointment in its own way. Still, its tail pointed at the arena doors and they opened wide so that the could leave. Erica didn't let her confusion at the sudden shift show at all. Instead she just floated over to Vanguard.

Shifting through the possible reasons was not difficult for her. Vanguard was not one to remove himself from a commitment unless something urgent had come up. "Should I expect a combat situation?"

Oren

It only took the Fae a moment to notice that she had been perfectly countered. That moment was all she needed. Her form shifted in a flash of dark into her burly Lycan form, and she hardly moved far at all when she was struck. Then she charged forwards and shifted back, making use of all the speed from the extra mass of her larger form.

All of that was used to sweep down at a breakneck speed to try and sweep the immortal's feet out from under him.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Rikuyo

If she was as durable and strong as she was fast now, there would be no point to using her other forms. Switching between various forms was what made her powers interesting for her. That was a great trade for not being able to go further than Daulu in her wolf form. Well, if she had all her glory and power from times before Sundering, she would probably crush her opposition to the point of unbearing boredom.

This attack's clear flaw is that once you survived it and recovered from it, it was enough telegraphed that the enemy had more chance at avoiding it. As it was, it was a great surprise technique as it was easy to dismiss bouncing as insignificant action. Only owing to her sharp instincts and danger sense she managed to get away from it.

Rikuyo concentrated completely on avoiding Medaka's attack. Electricity coursing through her neurons was quite taxing and she started to feel hungry. She either had to eat lots of food or devour some human. She could always challenge Shinobu who would eat more of those doughnuts. As Medaka shot forward, she managed to get out of way, leaving an afterimage. That attack was still fast and potent enough for the aftershock to break one of her arms. She had it to give the credit where it was due. For all its flaws, it was still a strong move.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Vanguard

Despite his terrible visage, Vanguard laughed aloofly and shook his hand towards the hydra in an attempt to comfort. Then, he took yet another graceful bow.

"Sorry, I am truly sorry. Have my word, I am not one to leave a date hanging. When all is said and done, I expect our entertainment to resume. As do you, lord of beasts."

Nodding respectfully, he then rose up in a nearly theatrical fashion, despite the crowd's discontent and protests, and turned his attention to his servant.

"And yes, absolutely. Make no mistake, this is no time for idle games. You have yet to fulfill your part of the bargain, Erica, and I am afraid your service will be needed." He said in a stern, rigid tone. His finger tapped his metal skull and only then did he realize the coldness of his predicament.

The pain was harsh, terrible. Any man would have gone mad and died much earlier, but to that man of metal it was nothing but trivial nonsense compared to the terrible coldness of his touch. That metallic coldness was one he despised with every fiber of his being, and yet the reminder almost seemed to soothe him.

His tone, much like his posture, shifted far more casually and he spoke. "More importantly, you can generate clothes and tissue, correct? If possible, I'd like for you to fix me."

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Erica

The Spirit Vessel shook her head as a negative. It was an easy mistake to make, she supposed. But she was surprised that the man had made it. He had seen her body. It did not rip and tear like flesh. It cracked and flaked away in a way not dissimilar to porcelain. "I cannot fix you. The manipulation of aura to form constructs is limited solely to my body."

Erica shrugged her shoulders. "Unless you wish to take clothing and repair on the way there nothing can be done for your appearance."

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Vanguard

Vanguard could not close his eyes without the proper tissue and facial muscle, instead the flames in his eyes dimmed as if he shut them calmly. "I see, this is regrettable. Then there is not much that can be done." He said nonchalantly before walking up to one of the less maimed bodies scattered around.

It was filthy, but it would have to do. Without much joy or regard, he stripped the dead man from its cloak and leather bandages and wrapped himself with them. His face was now mostly concealed by the cloth and cloak, only leaving his cold blue eyes visible. Meanwhile, the braces, leather wraps and hard boiled cloth had decided to loosely fit on his body.

They felt tight, but the elasticity made the issue less problematic. The mantle  seemed to fit his body nicely enough to compensate, concealing the metallic edges of his face  while exposing the overall shape and tone of his broad back rather imposingly. With that in mind, the cloth and wrappings had served well to stop the bleeding, the rest would come naturally.

"Let's go." He finally said before wrapping his arm around Erica, holding tight against her. "It will be faster if we fly, follow my lead."

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Erica

Erica waited patiently as he prepared himself. Perhaps concealing his actual appearance made the warrior feel better? It was a strange thought, but there had been stranger and she rarely judged. Eventually he made it back and wrapped an arm around her. Follow his lead? He did not show any flight capabilities. She took this as some idea she was missing and spread the Mantle into wings.

If he would direct her she would take them there. Simple as that. And then with a mighty flap of dark wings the two of them took off.

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
Michael

The immortal cocked an eyebrow as Oren shifted into a werewolf to reduce the distance the strike sent her back before using the extra mass to put more speed into a return charge.

Hm. Not bad.

Deciding to reward his student's creativity, Michael leaned into the sweep, letting her take his feet clean off the ground only for the forward lean to allow him to plant a hand on the ground, catching himself in a handstand for a moment before his forward momentum put him back on his feet.

"Nicely done," Michael said, turning around to face her, "Can you shift into any of your other forms with that speed?"
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Oren

Oren's eyes narrowed as he adjusted, but she kept moving to close the distance. As he turned the dark haired girl surged forwards. Every bit of movement from the sweep flowing seamlessly into an upwards strike aiming right for his side.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Vanguard

It didn't take long for the couple to arrive before the castle gates. The brief travel had been spent mostly in silence, with Vanguard reviewing the feed received from the castle. Some of the cameras had been damaged, along a fair share of the infrastructure. Whoever that man was, he seemed to have overwhelming power and amplitude. How convenient, but futile.

The two crashed into the main hall's window dramatically, it was all like a grandiose scene in a play, the sort of epic poems reserved for legends. And they were. Light glimmered and sparkled as the shards reflected on the two, as if opposing the man's darkness stood two beacons. Vanguard turned his gaze towards the seated man and locked stares with him.

"Good grief. "

For a second, his eyes turned cold, madly so. He almost felt like bursting into laughter. Indeed, how convenient!

« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 12:43:30 AM by francobull3 »

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Liam

One of the men went,"Forget it!"

And then two of the tomb raiders weren't giving Liam or Petra any wiggle room. The bullets started to fly, Liam's own gun shot the third one in retaliation, and Petra couldn't tell whose bullets were actually hitting whom here. One down; it was just two versus two now.