Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - June 23, 2016—April 02, 2018  (Read 42846 times)

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Joe

Joe rubbed his cheek after being smacked with the map.  Worth it  For a brief moment, he empathized with the zombie creature.  They both were getting a bit lost in her forensic science talk.  It was a weird moment, one that ended almost as quickly as it started.

"Say, I'm hungry. Go be an useful woman and cook me something."

Joe grabbed Lorenzo by his stupid frilly pirate vest.  He practically snarled at him as he spoke.  "You piece of shit!  Don't ask her to make you a damn sandwich after all that!"

Thedoctor

Shinobu

This man thought he could just show up and threaten the cute young vampire, A notion she should strongly disagree, should. but she didn't, not really. She just couldn't find it in herself to make the proper response, therefore the course of action was obvious.

She moved closer as the man kept threatening Medaka, coming up next to the min what seemed like an instant and then she...tapped his shoulder. "I would suggest you let her go...you might not enjoy the outcome if you chose not to." Her tone was as gentle as breeze, if a breeze could sound arrogant that is.

Thedoctor

William

"Yes it's true, I am the one who will save the Nexus from these DARK TIMES."

His voice boomed even louder than before as he gesticulated with his hands miraculously not spilling a single drop of wine from his glass. "Waiter, get me another bottle of your finest wine!"

Thedoctor

Jeanne

She kept up her good work as she eventually got used to his size, she still gagged though when she got careless and went down to far. In response to his praise she started speeding up ever so slowly, eventually setting a nice pace that she was comfortable with. Then she looked up at him to she how he liked it.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Sakura Matou

I'm fine. Sakura said to Rider, emphasizing herself noticeable. She didn't like how Rider was so overprotective. Why couldn't she just let things slide under the rug and ignore them. She didn't have to react to every little hiccup, did she.

Bleh, anyway...

"Kebab sounds good." Sakura said with an only somewhat forced smile. "I've never had kebab."

Ron

He could practically smell the tension between the two of them, though he didn't know if that was a normal sort of thing. Ron had known them for all of two minutes after all. "Never? Well, crap. That means I have to pay for this time." He grinned, hoping to offset some of that with good news. Free food was definitely good, right?

It wasn't like he was short on cash after all what with actually working for a living. Part time. When he wasn't going around using his werewolf stuff to mug thugs and take their stuff. And then in they went, and the place wasn't that crowded for this time of day because of the creepy thing with the sky that happened. There was just one person in front of them in line. They could all just order at once since he said he was paying. Unless they wanted to make an issue of it. He knew some women did that.

Sakura Matou

Sakura reached into her pocket and pulled out her wallet, reaching in and extracting a hundred dollar bill. She pressed it into Ron's hand with a smile. "I'm really touched by the offer, but it just wouldn't feel right to make you pay for it." She turned over to inspect the menu, deciding what she was going to order.

"Wow, I don't recognize any of this food!" She said excitedly, as if what she'd just done was completely normal to her.

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Vanguard

Vanguard glared at the girl in his hands silently. Then, he smiled and nodded, letting go of the grip on her throat and putting her down gently, for someone who just brutally stepped on her face that is.

"You've grown since the last time I've seen you. If you said that with a little less conviction, I would've had to kill you."

It was odd, he seemed to be in a completely good mood after she said that. It wasn't faking or a pretense, his expression genuinely seemed more relaxed. Then, he turned around absentmindedly, only halfway to glance at the thing with dismissal.  And when he did, his voice turned harsh, cruel.

"I see, so that's how it is. Well, if you insist, I won't interfere with your games. But she was the one who brought upon her fate, you have no business interfering with that. If someone jumps in a fire and burns, it is solely the individual's fault. A girl should be mindful that her actions have consequences, you have no business shielding her from them. Perhaps next time she will not crawl on someone without their permission."

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Lucy

Her lips quirked up a bit at his statement as she slipped on the oversized shirt for herself. Then she grabbed hold of one of the angel's arms and pressed herself against him again. "Well, I did say He works in mysterious ways." She wiggled her eyebrows for a bit just for some extra effect.

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Medaka Kurokami

Medaka's faced softened as she was dropped to the ground.  She looked up at the warrior as he spoke.

"You've grown since the last time I've seen you. If you said that with a little less conviction, I would've had to kill you."  The young vampire tilted her head a bit.  The way he had been talking so far, it seemed like he knew her somehow. 

Medaka walked next to Shinobu, resting her hand on her back.  "Its ok.  It really was my fault," she said softly. With a gentle shift of her head, she turned to the man.  Her voice became more direct as and strong as she spoke. "Who are you?"
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 01:00:57 AM by yinsukin »

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Oka Kurosawa

Oka Kurosawa was on an adventure in the Nexus.

For the past hour, she'd been running around through the slums and foliage in the outskirts of the city with her trusted companion Wormy following close behind her, easily dispatching the low level trash she'd been encountering without any effort at all. She didn't need any more caterpies or wurmples, thank you very much. She didn't need any wurmples, actually! She hated the bastards. The stupid oversized worm pokemon could all just go die in a fire, for all she cared.

And in this entire hour, she'd somehow managed to find nothing.

"This blows."

The young woman sighed as she pulled Wormy back into his ball to rest, pulling out another pokeball which she half hearted tossed out in front of her, releasing a small mouse-shaped sheet in front of her, which let out a horrifying shrill cry at the sight of her, scaring a few birds away.

The girl smiled and picked it up, hugging it close to her chest. "Yeah, you're happy to see me too, aren't you?" She said as she rubbed her face against its disguise. She quickly plopped it on top of her head, where it nestled into her hair as she continued to wander about.

She had to find something before she stopped. Even just a linoon or a trubbish would be enough. There was a surprising demand for a pokemon that looks like a glorified trashbag.

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Anastasia

Oh, wow, he talked back in the Common! She wasn't that sure, he after all looked tall for a gnome...
Wait, maybe he was just a midget?

"Umm, nothing. You're not a gnome, are you?" The mage just called him something that could trigger him. Not that she would realize that. Gnomes were a race in her land after all.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 10:40:53 PM by Kat »

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Malcolm

Malcolm's eyebrow twitched and he had to restrain himself immensely not to shoot her knees. Want to die? He wanted to ask so desperately, but instead he smiled nicely and closed his eyes, tilting his head in a somewhat adorable way.

"No way! Haha, that's actually kinda rude, but I don't mind. I get that often." He laughed it off in a chipper way, cursing the weakness of his heart. It was just an accident, surely, she must be an idiot. Like, yeah gnomes are real and all, but if you're going to call every less than 6 footer person around a gnome, you have a problem.

Besides, gnomes have beards. BEARDS! Even the women, and the children! He'd know, after all he did have to shoot a bunch of powries that one time a bunch got drunk in a local pub and.... well it wasn't pretty. Wait, no, that wasn't right. Powries are dwarves, aren't they? Well, if he recalled that one lecture, dwarves live in caves while gnomes... in gardens?Dammit, whatever, what was the difference anyway? He wasn't a dwarf or a gnome, end of story!

To be honest he felt kinda bad for her, looking down on him like this must really be straining her spine.

"Name's Malcolm by the way." He said, holding his hand out for a handshake. Minor fuck up aside, he wasn't the grudgeful type. No reason to be unfriendly, yet.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 03:25:53 PM by francobull3 »

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile

Mordred

"I tried to contact my co-worker and discuss what just happened, but seems like her battery discharged or she is busy with something else. This is so bothersome." Things didn't often went her way. Seems like her day off could end soon. "Probably anyone who could discover what actually happened could get a reward from the government. But you're better at punching things, right, Sakura?"

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile

Petra

She really made a mess, but those guys seemed to be mostly alive and just in pain. She was holding back a great deal. "Let's pay the visit to the stranger that telegraphed her presence. At very least she could serve as a nice bait for other flunkies, we could take them out as they beeline for her." She proposed, and went in the direction where she thought she could be.

Forest

The vampire heard footsteps approaching and frowned before putting the shot gun on the ground.  If she needed to, Forest knew she could easily roll to the ground and grab it.  The pistol was tucked into the waist band of her pants at the small of her back, the oversize black fleece hiding it.

Forest called out, "Okay, I'm not a drug dealer, I'm just a friendly neighborhood concerned type that got tired of people peddling poison on my block!"

She then held up her hands to show she wasn't threatening in case it was a cop or another vigilante.  If it was a rival gang, well, she was fairly confidant she could take them out.  And if they take me out, it's not like I'm actually happy with my existence, she thought.

Liam

He let Petra go in first this time since he couldn't hear anyone else breathing in there when he got to the door. The vampire followed in soon after, scent of blood and semen and gunpowder hitting his nose a moment after. His eyes did a quick sweep past the obvious, to the four fellas on the ground. Little specks of blood the human eye couldn't see, tiny stains on necks that even licking couldn't get rid of, and a bunch of old cigarette smoke.

He lowered his bat for now and tipped his hat to the suspicious young-looking blonde. "Miss. You're pretty handy in a scrap for a concerned citizen. You mind lettin' us know what happened?"

Suspicious, because after having circled around once he could smell those guys' blood on her too. Liam would think he'd be able to spot a vampire without any problems; that's how it worked with his kind. But she could have been using some power to hide it.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Sakura

Once again, Sakura paid little attention to the discussion of chivalry between her two companions. It was simply not a subject which interested her. The latter part of their discussion, however, very much did interest her. Whatever it was they were hunting, they could not allow it to harm anyone else. As Paladin spoke, she noticed flickers of light in a nearby window next to a small orb, something Paladin seemed to also have noticed. She could also sense some kind of weird magical energy nearby.

"It is almost definitely a demon, and it's baiting us. Or it is exceptionally stupid, but I doubt such a thing could occur with a creature powerful enough to form the beast I've seen. We must be rather cautious. In my experience it is best to accept such invitations, but I have rarely done such a thing with people outside my order. If you wish to go in for the kill immediately I will not begrudge such a choice", he said.

Sakura looked at him with confusion, unsure exactly what he was talking about by "accepting the invitation".

"What do you mean?" she asked, obviously uncertain. "We should defeat it if we can, but I don't think we should walk into a trap."

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Rider

Rider sighed at Sakura's obviously-annoyed response. She was just concerned for her master's well-being, after all, why couldn't Sakura understand that? It wasn't like she was open about her problems, after all, so Rider had no way to be sure she was OK.Still, nothing seemed to be happening, so she was willing to drop it for now, particularly since they appeared to have arrived.

On hearing that Sakura had never eaten kebab before, the man offered to pay for their meals. Rider, of course, was sure that Sakura would not accept that offer and, sure enough, her purple-haired master pulled out a large amount of money from her wallet, handing it to the man. Rider wasn't sure if he would accept it but, however the argument went, she was sure she would not be paying, so she simply looked at the mouth-watering choice of ingredients in front of her.

Making her mind up fairly quickly, Rider walked up to the counter, leaving the other two to argue over payment as she ordered her food.

"I'll have a chicken kebab in a pita bread, please", she said, "with olives, tomatoes, feta cheese and garlic sauce on top."

Then, having ordered her food, she moved to await the others, prepared to intervene in any argument that might happen if Sakura wished her to.