Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - June 23, 2016—April 02, 2018  (Read 42987 times)

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile

Rikuyo

"What public safety? Do ya see anyone 'round us? Those screamin' folks at least knew better and cleared out." Smart sheep fled the danger while dumb ones would linger on. Though it wouldn't matter much if she was bent on hunting down one of them. "Oh, and five. The countdown's already done. So, you're gonna to do anything?"

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Malcolm Kimberlee

"Frost, huh? Neat." He said nonchalantly with a smile. It was kind of impressive, he guessed, but most mages would've probably cared more about the technical than he did. The thing is, he wasn't most mages, and he was glad to see Anna wasn't one either. Most magi wouldn't show off such a trick in public, too proud and sneaky to do that, like rats.

Magic was just a tool, a convenient thing to have around no different than a gun. Just sitting around a chair researching on roots and mystical cabbages was just a waste of time, just an excuse for some sad old geezers who had no point to their lives and too much free time. That kind of life just didn't suit him, he'd rather live and die guns blazing. If you had abilities, what good was it if you never got to use them?

Luckily the world was full of trash, it took a special kind of trash to take it all out. He didn't really care, but it gave him a justified reason to do what he did best. As long as he got to indulge in his hobby healthily and got paid for it, it's not like it was a crime. Living a happy and fulfilling life at the expense of others, isn't that what being human is all about?

"Say, you ever been interested in working part time?"

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Lorenzo Remei

"Sure, sure. I'll be waiting here like a good boy." He said with a satisfied sigh, stretching before standing against a surface, looking at the sun. For that treasure, waiting five or even ten minutes wasn't such a bad idea. "Say, can you get some drinks while you're at it?"

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Joe

Joe chuckled.  "Don't worry.  I was going to get you first.  Humor me a little bit here.  Even a strong girl like you can let a man treat you like a princess right?"  he said with a friendly smile and an outstretched hand.  He lightly gripped her arm and gave a light tug.  If she didn't want the help, she could just pull away.

The pirate then asked AGAIN for beer.  His face twisted into anger.  "FOR THE LAST TIME, THERE IS NO GODAMN BEER!"  He yelled before collecting himself with a few deep breaths.  He can't let the pirate beat him, never.

I shouldn't get too worked up. This guy is either actually crazy or super shady.  I guess if we need to we can ditch him after we get out of the boat.  He thought to himself.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 11:43:50 PM by yinsukin »

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Meti

Huh? That sounded kinda dumb. Meti had been to a lot of cities, and she'd fought a bunch of guards, but this one was more like a small country rather than a unified city. A lot of people said that they were in charge or had authority, but there was no major power. And no dead no foul, right?

"Nah. That sounds pretty boring. If we don't hurt them too bad they have no reason to get mad, and it's not like one fight will make everyone hate us. Everyone from my country would really, really hate me if that was the case."  She shrugged her shoulders. "Skill that isn't exercised has no purpose."

Paladin

The warrior bashed the creature's upper body back with his shield as it jerked at the sudden interference with its intangibility. The mass of twisting shadow crashed into it but it seemed to gain a more substantial look and feel to it right after it was struck. A sizable chunk of it had been consumed, and the lash of the whip had carved a deep lash into it, but otherwise it seemed fine.

The shadows did very little for a moment as it reared back and struck with such force that several of the tendrils holding it snapped, and even with his shield blocking the force Paladin was sent stumbling back several feet. It numbed his arm, and he was certain that there were going to be bruises in the future, but that didn't cause even a moment of hesitation as he slammed into the creature and slammed his sword down to the hilt into its body.

A dozen faces formed along the creature's form as it shrieked in annoyance, and energy pulsated from each of them. Blasts of mystical power broke apart the floor and rough, and only his familiarity with its movements allowed him to escape with only the pain of burning flesh as grazed parts of his armor glowed cherry red.

With a pained growl he took a risk and slammed the creature a bit closer to Julius. If they did not end this quickly things would go very poorly for them. A thought that was only reaffirmed when a charged shot from multiple faces crashed against his shield once more, sending him hurtling back through a wall and leaving his sword impaled in its flesh.

Erica

The blue haired girl's head dipped a bit lower in embarrassment and her fingers curled around nothing but air as she considered what she wanted. "Would it be out of place for me to request to try your cooking? I am rather curious now. I would never have imagined anything that you created turning out poorly."

Her voice grew a bit more hurried as she tried to support her statement. "Your choice of ingredients shows that you have noteworthy skill in setting it up, so I assumed that it would apply to your cooking as well."

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Vanguard

"You're missing the point." He sighed and rubbed his forehead. Children were so impatient, he did not dislike such eagerness to hone her skill. However, while he had uses for strong souls like hers, he would just devour her if she proved to be an impediment.

"If you did such a thing you'd die, because on that moment you'd become my enemy. Besides, there are many better choices of fodder in this city. But if it is exercise you seek, I might have an answer for you, friend."

He smiled and looked down on her, almost as if patronizing the girl.

"A skill that is not exercised may have no purpose, but a skill without purpose has no worth. In that case, why don't you exercise your blade under my guise? There are things a man cannot do alone. A man needs only a mission and enemy for his blade, as long as he has those two he may exist as something more than a moving corpse. Tell me, do any of you feel alive at the moment?"

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
Rafalia Tredecim

You could count to ten or twenty, but Methuselah would not truly engage into battle with whatever grim arsenal he possessed so long as there was easy collateral damage around, or the thought of it on his mind. Not as long as his spirit swelled for others out of concern.

Rafalia clenched her hand behind her back, staring at him. Freeing him from remorse would be that simple of a gesture, and then he would certainly fight with all his might. The substance of his actions removed from consequence could no longer hide, the truth of what he would do for his principles bare to see. But at this point it would be excessive. It was precipitated to put him through that just to see how he would cope afterwards when she had not even tasted of his will as he had chosen.

So impatient. That wasn't like her. But she could do as the dark god had asked. She turned away decisively, and with a swish of shadows her clothes were replaced by the black and red uniform of the Bleak Academy, its tassels jingling almost mutely in the air, its military bearing making the greatness of her presence undeniable. People responded better to figures of authority.

Her eyes honed in on the two securities who were running in in their dark blue uniforms and caps, a man and a woman, and she dashed in front of them, clicking over the floor onto what was probably personal space. At least if the surprised yelp and the shaky but commanding warning were any indication. The excrucian announced herself with a clipped "Excuse me!"

"What the hell -"

"H-hey, back off! Are you with the mess that's going on?"

Rafalia stopped instead of shaking her head, leaning back only slightly to the interjection before responding as if she hadn't heard them. "I don't think you want to be here right now," she spoke, her stance darkening dangerously. "But yes, kinda."

The two took a moment to look at each other dubiously, hesitating to step away from her, and Rafalia followed on their silence to pull away one of their walkie talkies, brandishing it in an instant with dull acknowledgement. "Could I use this for a minute?"

The choked protests of the security guards were no match for her, and shortly after the speakers of the building buzzed with static before delivering a professionally calm message filtered through the electronic chaff of the equipment's years.

"All customers, please make your way down from the second and third floors of Building Two and exit the premises orderly. For your safety please follow these instructions with haste and at your earliest allowance. We apologize for any disturbances and hope to be able to compensate you in the near future."
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 01:02:36 AM by YOLF »
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile

Mitsuba

In this era and age, Mitsuba kept a phone on herself even if she dressed in rather traditional way. When she was about to give up the search without even starting it, she got a message from the same mysterious man, giving her some tips where to localize him. Still hopefully that contract would be still worth her time.

"Oh, I think our chances of finding our mysterious client just improved. But I think that in the case he planned something dangerous I'd prefer if I wielded you personally for the incoming meeting. If he has hostile intentions after all he will be less careful if he faced one instead of two people." Plus a single person always stood out less than two people.

Muramasa Katase

Time for this Muramasa to be held in Mitsuba's soulless hands once more? The puppet became expressionless, and held the demon sword out in her sheath. "Very well."

When Mitsuba's fingers wrapped around the hilt the distant whispering of the blade carried on where the shell, wandering off to vanish in solitude, had left off. bring me to the killing

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Methuselah

Methuselah smiled as he heard her friend acting, evacuating the rest of the people until the area was cleared. She was a reliable one, he was glad to have met a good friend. He glanced back to the ruffian and glared. She would be... troublesome, he could tell. His form wasn't well suited for direct combat, he should end this quickly.

"I don't know your name, but I will make sure you can never raise your fist again."

In the darkness of the mall, he was stronger. Shadows swirled and cracked around his left arm, collecting around his fingertips before he waved his arm forth, sending five pillars of darkness downward towards his foe, each about as thick as a street pole shooting from his fingers, swirling like drills mighty enough to dig through rock.

"DARK DRILL!!"

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
Michael

"Well now, perhaps Sentinel nigh have been a better name to offer," Michael said with a chuckle, unfazed by the sudden change in mood, "In any case, you might have struck a little late, but who can say for certain. Truth be told, I do feel quite lively, though only due to recent events."

The immortal allowed a moment to think it over before deciding that he might as well hear the man out.

"Of course, I'd imagine you have something to say all the same," he noted, "And I see no reason not to hear you out at least."
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Meti

The sword master was almost certain by now that she had nailed Vanguard right on the head. He did talk too much, and she was almost certain he thought too much too! Still, she didn't really mind answering the question, so she did. "Yep! All the time! I have a sword, and an enemy, and an end goal. What about you, Vanguard?"

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Vanguard

A cold flash glared at Michael as soon as he uttered the word 'sentinel' , as if it had been some sort of great insult. Still, he had enough self control to contain his killing intent perfectly, not even a droplet of it could be perceived, else that man's throat would be flying from his neck.

Vanguard sighed and rubbed his temple. His mind was filled with static; joyful, painful, hateful, despairful, unnecessary feelings resurfaced as he thought. He smiled and copped his hair back, giving her a patronizingly arrogant look. The only thing that kept him going, the only thing he still had, he hadn't forgotten.

"Of course." He said calmly, almost assuredly. The static did not stop, it filled his mind to the point it could be heard from outside, but he had never een any more sure of it than now. The static spoke his name, his wish was real. And for the first time, he sounded happy.

"I want to save the world."

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
Michael

The immortal raised an eyebrow at the sudden flash, and while Vanguard had done an admirable job of maintaining his composure, Michael had gone past the point of having to have something told to him explicitly, even by one's body language. All the same, he couldn't help an honest smile at the man's answer, allowing an approving hmph as he leaned back a little.

"A noble goal, certainly," Michael answered, "But from what? From it's people? It's gods? From itself?"
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

Break

• NPC
    • View Profile
Coppelius

As Coppelius stepped toward his destination, he couldnt help but think that this was going almost too smoothly.

He lightly opened the door to see a small room filled with sickbeds, three of which where currently occupied. One after the other, like a Night Terror of yore, he spirited them away, transporting them to his workshop through his coat's spatial warp. Now all that was left was for him to make his way out before anyone would even notice their missing.

Thedoctor

Shinobu

The blond vampire gave her a confused look at the sudden question, wondering why the younger vampire would ask something so obvious. The answer would be apparent to anyone else as there could ever only be one source. One source to feed them all.

"Where I get all my blood from? Where, from all the naughty children that I eat of course!" Her maddening smile grew, showing of her razor sharp fangs as she made her proclamation.Then she waited for a moment, letting the meaning of what she just said sink in. It wouldn't do to immediately refute a silly notion, no not at all. "They all were so exquisite, There is no taste that can beat that of innocence...."

"....Actually I sneak out every now and then to the forest, you would not believe the number of werewolves there who lurk in wait of some prey."