Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - June 23, 2016—April 02, 2018  (Read 43061 times)

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Forest: In the PAST

"There's four of them," the blond said, sensing the gangsters as they approached before frowning.

She splayed her hands on the wall as she took a peek out of the window.  A grimace marred her features as she noticed the uniform appearance of the gangsters.  "They're like interchangeable toy soldiers.  Rightly disgusting, it is."

Then she focused on three of their minds, leaving Goon Number 4's mind untouched.  However, in the eyes of the three gangsters, they watched as their companion morphed into a six-foot tall fire breathing chicken complete with bone crunching sound effects.  She tweaked it so whatever move that Goon Number 4 made looked aggressive because becoming a six foot tall fire breathing chicken would piss anyone off.

Liam

All he saw out the window was three men point their guns at the fourth guy and shoot him full of lead. Well, two guys; the third started running away with a scream. That was the smart one. The other two... well, they were left to stare at their dead friend when the illusion wore off. The vampire mobster nodded slowly as he took it in. "Classic. Look, now two of 'em are running. You really messed them up."

This Forest was definitely someone to keep an eye on.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile

Mordred

Geez, either he was another loony or too drunk. But people like him could act on their delusions and start making trouble, and she frankly had no time for this so she took a similar approach to Sakura's.

"The drink can be on my tab, Sakura." She declared loud enough so that the guy could hear it. "I can get this milkshake unless he wants something else."

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Auspicious Breeze

Huh. This guy looks weird. Why were Mordred and Sakura helping him, then? He didn't seem quite right. Like, if she had to compare him to something she'd think he might be drunk. Or maybe one of the Fair Folk had eaten his brain? It was brains they ate, right? Or was that dreams...? Dreams happened in your brain, right?

So she stood aside and waited for this to finish. And if he caused trouble, she'd step in and be helpful that way! But until then they had this covered.

Thedoctor

Jin

Ah she was receptive of his idea, that was good. Made it a lot easier. "I'd like something that can either attack fast or be distractive in some other way." He responded over the phone. "By the way, where are you?"

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
RED

"Hehe, nice job!" She cheered before digging into the pantry. Most of the stuff inside was boring, boring, boring, but there was one thing that caught his attention

Oh!

She removed the jar of nutella and looked at it with eyes filled with marvel. She struggled a bit to open the jar, but through hard work she managed to get the cover off! Grinning from ear to ear, she took a fingerful and put it in her mouth, delicious. Then, she handed it to her pet.

"Want some?"

Thedoctor

Super-William

The fabulous man could only stare incredulously at this tall woman's attempt to trick him. Did she really believe he'd fall for something like that? On a closer look she did appear fairly strong, not that he'd ever let that dissuade him. "That's not a real drink, do you take me for a fool?" Her companion was even offering to buy him this imaginary drink, so they were at least somewhat decent when it came to pulling ruses.

"And you..." He turned to the blonde woman as he spoke once more. "...Already offering to buy drinks to a strange man who walks into a restaurant shouting about how he's gonna destroy it, you're truly a loser."
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 04:59:52 PM by Thedoctor »

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile

Mordred

If by loser he meant a responsible adult, then yes, he was right. The loony sounded as if he stopped at the mental age of overcompensating teenager. Somebody give her a fucking break. She sighed audibly in reaction to his word. "Right, right, I'm supposedly pathetic because I'm bending over to a stranger. Nah, I'm just Good Samaritan here. So, do you want a drink or not, then?"

If he didn't shut up, she would just shrug and leave. Her motivation was to spare headaches to the staff, but if it was more trouble than worth it, then she would just ignore the weirdo.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Rider

Unlike her two companions, Rider was not particularly hungry, and she continued to slowly savour her meal, smiling as her obviously-hungry master thanked her for ordering second helpings.  She continued to eat for a little while, watching as Sakura and Ron devoured their food, before Ron spoke up.

"Huh. So you got here separately, then. To the city, I mean", he said, picking up on Rider's answer.

Before the servant could respond, however, Sakura answered his earlier question, a little giggle covering the negative feelings she knew the girl felt towards this place, which had seperated her from her beloved for so long. Reassuring herself that things were better now, she ignored the resentment she could sense in Sakura's words and gave her own reply.

"Our situation is a little unusual. The version of Sakura from my world was a close friend of mine, and vice-versa for her. So, whilst we did not arrive together, we were naturally drawn to one another."

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
IRON=SAKURA

Sakura had been somewhat annoyed by this man's ridiculous standoffish nature, but Mord's response wasn't nice either! She pulled her friend behind her and turned to address the strange man.

"I'm sorry for my friend's response, and I assure you that it's real." The girl quickly nabbed a menu from a passing waitress and opened it up, turning it to the drinks page with the practiced dexterity of a regular, and pointed to a drink, showing it to the taller man. Sure enough, it was there, costing 5.99$. "I promise it's really good, you won't regret it."

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
Michael

Boring.

With Vanguard's latest declaration, everything clicked into place. He was planning to take this place over once they were through. His reasons were inconsequential, though it still brought the slightest hint of amusement that the old man was so ready and willing to go about such noble goals in underhanded ways. All the same, this did put a damper on using this place as a starting point for his plans. No use in leaving something for someone like him to find.

Perhaps it was rather petty of him, but the immortal swiftly disassembled the gun in his hands, scattering the parts around the sniper's nest, before stepping out onto the vantage point to take in the layout of the prison, accounting for the chaos that Meti had stirred up. While it was something of a delight to watch her work, he'd only have so long to enjoy it before he had to move to enact this small prank at his fellow's expense.

Let's see. They're probably on high alert by now, and accounting for the fact that this place probably has some sort of leadership, they're probably bunkered down somewhere in the broadcast rooms...hmmm...

Taking a couple steps back, the immortal ran for the edge and launched himself high into the air, cocking a fist back as he came down on the roof of the prison. While raw strength might have sufficed to break through the roof, Michael opted for skill, the concrete shattering like china under a well-placed blow, allowing him to come down in the midst of what appeared to be the warden's office. Allowing a smirk as he took in the multitude of gangers arrayed around him, all of them seemingly in shock after having fortified what they thought was the only entrance, Michael allowed them a moment to turn around and bring their weapons to bear.

Then the world went black for the immortal.

Gunshots rang out, as did the sounds of the wounded and the gags of the dying. Tender flesh gave way under Michael's practiced touch, blood splattering and bones snapping under his hands. Shocked exclamations rang out as they found their guns lying in pieces before them. Not once did he deign to use his legs for anything other than to propel himself to his next opponent. Under the room's harsh lighting, Michael painted across a canvas of wallpaper and hardwood floor, his fists serving as the brush and their bodies and blood serving as adequate colors.

Satisfied, Michael opened his eyes at last to take a moment to evaluate his work, nodding in approval as he looked around. Certainly not his best work, but he couldn't be bothered to put too much effort into this.

Allowing a sigh as he flicked some of the blood off his hands, the immortal tapped at the hardwood floor beneath him to ascertain that there was another room, likely the aforementioned broadcast room, before applying Enhancement to the floor. Certainly, it would make the floor tougher in moderation, but if too much was applied, like what Michael was doing at this moment, then the magic would ravage the structure's integrity, leaving it fragile enough to shatter under the next tap, Michael dropping through a perfectly sized hole into the room beneath.
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile

Mitsuba

The masked man observed her sword in a manner that made her uneasy. She wasn't exactly an owner of the wilfull and troublemaking sword, but no way she would let anyone else claim her. Any attempt to seize would be responded to with extreme prejudice, but as long as he didn't make such attempt she wouldn't cut off his hand for such audacity.

Maybe, but for now let's observe the situation further. I'm sure you're ready to react if he proves to be hostile She mentally replied back to Muramasa.

As a master of hiding her true feelings Mitsuba just kept calm and sat down on the chair. "Let's get down to the business. Name the target and I will dispose of it if the price you offer is reasonable."

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Relius Clover

Relius ignored the question, instead still fixated on the blade.  It seemed to be running some sort of impulse into the assassin. 

How facinating.  The soul can generate a current of some sort.  He thought.  His piercing gaze sharpened to the point that the blade would be able to feel his presence even if he were a mile away. "Before we get down to business, may I give the blade a quick examination?" he asked, maintaining his polite tone.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 08:28:59 PM by yinsukin »

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Sakura Matou

Sakura continued her conquest of her plate, devouring all of the food on in and sucking it down the black hole of her gullet.

Thanks a bunch. Sakura said to Rider without even pausing.

Eventually her stomach calmed down, and Ron asked a question about when she got here, to this terrible place.

"I got here about three and a half years ago now. I'm practically a native at this point." Sakura giggled, belaying the resentment she felt about this place.

Rider

Unlike her two companions, Rider was not particularly hungry, and she continued to slowly savour her meal, smiling as her obviously-hungry master thanked her for ordering second helpings.  She continued to eat for a little while, watching as Sakura and Ron devoured their food, before Ron spoke up.

"Huh. So you got here separately, then. To the city, I mean", he said, picking up on Rider's answer.

Before the servant could respond, however, Sakura answered his earlier question, a little giggle covering the negative feelings she knew the girl felt towards this place, which had seperated her from her beloved for so long. Reassuring herself that things were better now, she ignored the resentment she could sense in Sakura's words and gave her own reply.

"Our situation is a little unusual. The version of Sakura from my world was a close friend of mine, and vice-versa for her. So, whilst we did not arrive together, we were naturally drawn to one another."

Ron

He swallowed some of his drink and nodded to them both. "Well, that wouldn't be the strangest thing I've seen here I guess. I've lived in the Nexus all my life, so it just kinda feels normal. Besides, I think we had two versions of the same guy working at my old high school.. or were they twins?"

The werewolf tilted his head and looked up to the side, as if trying to remember something. "Might have been twins, but they had the same name. Well, anyway, it's good to hear that you're both been settling in. I know it can be pretty rough for newcomers. My... girlfriend, is still pretty wet behind the ears there herself."

Thedoctor

Shinobu

She really enjoyed this, seeing the brilliant smile on Medaka's face as well as hearing her meek just made her look even more cute.

"You were good for your first time. If you are that worried, you could just practice some more, and considering how rough he was, he loved it. Just ask him the next you see him but I rather doubt he would say anything different, or maybe keep quiet from embarassment." The blonde told her with her typical voice sounding both caring and arrogant at the same time.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Oren

The beast sniffed at the open jar a bit before giving a dismissive huff. Poison! Well, maybe not. But if the girl believed that she was a dog than it was the thought that counted! With a large paw she pushed away the jar, but a hungering for overly sweet food made her quickly change her mind.

So she carefully stood up and placed the girl down on the ground. Then Oren shifted back into her naked Fae form and stuck her finger into the jar before sucking the nutella off her finger. "Huh. That is pretty good!"