Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - June 23, 2016—April 02, 2018  (Read 43343 times)

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Vanguard

Vanguard smiled and raised his arms up in a nonchalant fashion. Interesting, such intense killing aura... had he overestimated him?

He knew, even now, that he was still holding back. And having seen him, having felt him, he could tell by now just how far he was pulling back his true self. Was this the extent of his being? How... adorable. It might surpass him in raw ability, perhaps even in skill, but the more he observed him, the more he found that man lacking. No, perhaps lukewarm would be a better comparison.

"Of course not. I've lived by the blade and died by the blade, I never really did find the time or interest for such intricacies. You misunderstand something, boy. You might have won many battles, you might have reached heights some cannot even imagine. But do not think, do not even conceive that a speck of dust like yourself can come close to understanding me. Forging, killing, the process may differ but the results are the same."

Vanguard couldn't help but scowl bitterly. "Results, the world only remembers the results!"

He understood now, he had truly lived an uselessly long life. He might deny it, but there was nothing to his name except the moment of today. No legacy, no burden, no one to hold or protect,nothing to lose and nothing to gain.

In that sense, the two really were alike.

He lived his life unbridled without worry, simply enjoying himself as he reached his mastery. It was commendable, such an empty happiness... he'd reject it no matter what. Because the truth is he found it passionate, a strength without any meaning or reason.

A worthless whim, no better than garbage.

There was no expression in his face, only the sound of a step. Then there was thunder, and it seemed like the air in the room completely disappeared. The girl's sword trembled at his words, his presence, as if it understood the look his eyes gave to its wielder. The feeling his aura he gave off... it was unfathomable. No sane man, nay, no individual could withhold such an anger.

There was one single thing in his voice, unbridled and unshackled by false pretenses or half-hearted ideals. Wrath. By all means, her throat was already lying mangled in his hand Perhaps she might even feel it.

"When a man truly thinks to kill someone, the deed is already done. Don't disappoint me again, Meti."

One might not fear many things, because he does not know or understand them. Perhaps, one might not even care. One might not mind pain and torment, one might not blink as his 'loved ones' suffer, one might not even value his own life. But there was only one truth.

If she did not meet his expectations, her future would be most unkind.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 01:23:59 AM by francobull3 »

Thedoctor

Shinobu

"Hahaha... I could take a lot more from you than just your hat..." She did make sure to retract her wings as the coat was lowered onto her through some magic birds, although she could swear she heard the faint flapping of wings as it occured. But just as the coat  settled on her shoulders she took it off and tossed it back to the skeleton.

"I do not want if as it covers far too much..." She said to him with an eerie smile as she accepted his offer to board the ship and passed him, her hips swaying with every step.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Shirou

Shirou smiled at the girl as she left.

"OK, thank you", he said as he turned to walk away, still holding his new pet in his arms lovingly. "I promise that he'll be well-treated and loved."

He felt like he should add the last part. After all, surely she would worry about the creatures which had been in her care, and would want them to have a loving home.

As he walked away, though, another thing came to mind. The Pokemon from earlier had been following the girl without a leash. Would this one do the same, or would he need to collar him like you would a pet dog?

"Oh, excuse me, one more thing", he said. "Does he need a collar and leash, or will he just follow after me and my wife if we take him for walks?"

Oka Kurosawa

"Nope, he'll be fine. Pokemon are smart." Oka responded, turning around briefly as she answered his question and began to leave once more. She was so ready to leave and go meet up with Jin. She wanted to go poke-hunting with him so badly~

After Oka left and got a good distance away, she leaned against a tree and pulled out her phone, lazily scrolling through her contacts until she found Jin's name, and pressed it. She held her phone to her ear, waiting for him to pick up.

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Medaka

Medaka rested her hands on Lorenzo's Torso as she lay in his arms.  Even if his apprearance was different, he was still the same.  In a way, it was more comforting than if he returned in his normal form.  As contradictory as it may seem, it felt more natural see him this way.  She glaced upward at his skull and smiled.

The young vampire displayed a frown as Shinobu tossed aside her coat.  Her thoughts were slightly distorted by the somewhat hypnotic sight of the blond's lower half passing her by. Still, her eyes tracked the blonds body as it passed her by, locking on to the hips that swayed past them.  Medaka gave Lorenzo a quick embrace before wiggling out of his arms and fast walking after her.

"Shinobu, don't you see?  The function of the clothes are irrelivent,"  she said, pumping her fist close to her heart and looking contemplatively into the heavens. "It is not a matter of bulk but of pride!"

She really missed being in this outfit.

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
Emily

Though Emily only let a small smile appear on her face, her mind was working with what Lucy had just said. The man's proximity didn't help matters, but the changeling's expression didn't falter in the slightest as she evaluated the situation she'd just landed herself in. Under other circumstances, she might have taken a moment to properly enjoy the sight of Lucy stripping down, though the reveal that she hadn't been wearing anything under the shirt and short shorts brought a bit of a blush to the redhead's face. All the same, it was still something she could appreciate, and the maid outfit she slipped into was definitely appealing on her.

"Indeed, you have a good eye for this sort of thing," Emily said to the man, opting to take things slow, "Speaking of being in your employ, is there anything you'd like me to take care of at the moment?"
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile

Erica

Erica's nonexistent heart beat rapidly at Noel's expression. This was without a doubt the greatest idea she had ever had in her life. With a pleased expression on her face and her hands clasped together the blue haired girl smiled. "Yes please!"

This food was the greatest she had ever had in her life. Just because of this moment.

Noel Vermillion

Noel happily ladeled out an enormous portion, plopping the mess down onto the plate with a sickening smack. She then moved to put another spoonful on.

"Tell me when to stop, ok?"

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Shirou

"OK. Thanks for all your help!" Shirou replied as the girl walked away, before turning his attention to the cute little creature he was still cradling lovingly in his arms.

Apparently they're intelligent. I wonder if he can understand me... he thought.

"My wife is going to love you", he said, continuing to stroke the Pokemon. "She looks just like Oka, you know."

Then, after a little more stroking, Shirou decided it was time to get going. Placing the new pet down on the floor gently, Shirou spoke to him.

"OK, please follow me closely. I don't want you to get lost", he said, kindly, before walking off towards home.

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Neptune

"Hey...tentacles is...whoaa there....the most foolproof way of boosting your ratings. The fans go absolutely wild when they appear." The purple haired goddess stumbled around while talking as the blue giant moved. Keeping her balance for more than a moment was proving to be quite the challenge, a challenge fit for the protagonist.

The dogoo itself, was twisting around under the assault from both of them, lashing out with it's feeble attacks that might be enough to deal with the elderly or children. But the two of them persisted hitting it again and again.

it eventually stopped moving as it cried out in pain and evaporated into pixels much like it's smaller brethren. However this was most unfortunate for the goddess of Planeptune who now found herself with nothing to stand on beneath her feat. So she stood for a long drawn out moment in mid air before reality remembered there was something called gravity and she promptly came crashing down onto the ground.

"Owww...I tried so hard but I can't go on anymore...farewell cruel world!" She declared with as much fake drama as she could possibly muster while remaining prone on the ground.

Gadreel

"You do realize there is no audience here, yes?" He had even checked in a brief moment of quite literally undercutting the giant dogoo from the base of its mass. The cameras would need to be hidden by exceptional sorcery to overcome his perceptions. Then again, it could be one of Neptune's games. "Unless you, ah, refer to the pedestrians?"

It was fortunate that the residents of this city were well versed in the art of minimum safe distance when battles spontaneously erupted in the streets.

But when she was knocked down and clearly exaggerating her own distress? Well, Gadreel could not simply allow that to pass without a show of his own. And so he stuck his sword into the monster once more and carved his way through it again, passing it by and interposing himself between it and the potentially young goddess. "This day is not your end, Neptune. This is merely the prologue after all."

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Sakura Matou

Sakura smiled back at Ron. "Of course! I'm a woman of my word." She said as she led the way into the complex. "And please, Sakura's fine. Matou-san is fine too."

Ding!

The elevator made its noise, signaling that they'd arrived at their destination, the fifth floor. Sakura walked right out of the elevator up to the door directly across from it, and pulled out a key, unlocking the door.

"Pretty convenient location, isn't it?"

Ron

"Huh. Well, Sakura it is then."

He blinked and allowed tension to enter his body again once the door was open. His canine senses overtook his human ones despite his for,m lessened though they were by comparison to just turning into a wolf. It would be enough for him to sniff out any strangeness, like mildew or hidden molds. Or old blood. Things like that.

Ron's eyes and nose took in everything. "It's definitely accessible. Fire escapes by the windows too I'm guessing?"
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 02:32:26 AM by Aiden »

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Meti

Hmm. Everyone was being so... deadly. It made her feel like she was walking on clouds. It was just so comforting. Better than a fluffy pillow on a bed at home. She loosened up quite a bit just in that moment.

And she supposed that Vanguard was right. Surprises were in store for her everywhere today! So she swung her swords about a bit, emptying out every bit of herself. Until all that was left was violence, and sharpness, and hunger.

Then she lunged forwards, her sword almost leading her as it moved to ram itself through the man's heart. Meanwhile the other sword remained careful and guarding as her narrowed eyes observed the man with terrifying focus and a bright smile on her face. She was faster than him right now, so she would capitalize on it. But it was more than just sheer speed. The way her blade moved flawlessly through the air, its perfect cut through space, it all but appeared in front in front of him. This was the work of a master swordsman; one whose attacks were not mere violence but art as they traveled faster than should be possible.

Erica

At the sight of more of the food Erica's happiness only grew. "I would gladly finish it all. That is, unless you wanted some yourself or were saving more for others."
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 04:00:22 PM by Umbra of Chaos »

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Relius Clover

Relius smirked as the girl took a battle stance. He kept walking forward, unabated by her threats.  Instead, he rested his hand under his chin in a sort of pseudo thinker pose, perfectly maintaining it as he walked forward.  Judging by the blades length, their range was roughly the same.  However, he might have a slight advantage in that she does not know his choice of weapon.

"I am afraid not," he said, his voice a slightly higher pitch then normal, as though he were actually excited by this turn of events.

His intention was to move just inside the blades range before striking.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 03:48:30 PM by yinsukin »

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Sakura Matou

Sakura smiled back at Ron. "Of course! I'm a woman of my word." She said as she led the way into the complex. "And please, Sakura's fine. Matou-san is fine too."

Ding!

The elevator made its noise, signaling that they'd arrived at their destination, the fifth floor. Sakura walked right out of the elevator up to the door directly across from it, and pulled out a key, unlocking the door.

"Pretty convenient location, isn't it?"

Ron

"Huh. Well, Sakura it is then."

He blinked and allowed tension to enter his body again once the door was open. His canine senses overtook his human ones despite his for,m lessened though they were by comparison to just turning into a wolf. It would be enough for him to sniff out any strangeness, like mildew or hidden molds. Or old blood. Things like that.

Ron's eyes and nose took in everything. "It's definitely accessible. Fire escapes by the windows too I'm guessing?"

Sakura Matou

"Mhm. Of course." Sakura said, resting her hands on her bulging stomach as she led him past the entryway. Inside was a pristinely clean living room with a white carpet and a comfortable looking couch, with a nice solid coffee table sitting about a foot in front of it.

Past the living room one could see a sliding glass door leading to a balcony on one side, and a dining area which led into a kitchen on the other, and finally a hallway that presumably led to the bedrooms and bathroom.

"I hope this is fine, this definitely isn't my best property." Sakura said, her truthfulness unclear. Was she boasting, or being serious. Only she knew.

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
Michael

The immortal almost frowned a little at Vanguard's response. His presence was impressive, no doubt, but there was something...missing. His words only completed the puzzle, the final piece falling into place as the immortal realized he couldn't really feel contempt or even irritation at the man anymore. There was nothing there to feel any of those things for anymore. That thing that he'd resolved himself to not let pass, that was the fate that had befallen this Vanguard.

Truly, all Michael could feel for him was pity.

He had little time to concern himself with the man, however, his smile widening as she took a moment to warm-up, her presence shifting with every swing until the change was complete. Michael wondered whether he should bother enhancing or simply try a bit harder to beat her this time around, but the lesson he was trying to teach made that decision for him. Meti's charge, though simplistic, spoke of her skill in the sheer speed of the cut. She shouldn't have been able to move that fast, yet it was her skill that allowed her to do so, her blade a lethal glint of light as it darted in straight towards him. All the same, the immortal couldn't help a grin as his enhancement kicked in.

It's still the blade that is guiding her. She'll learn...

Of course, if she was going to do this, Michael felt it would only be fair to answer in kind. Faster than should have been possible, Michael met her thrust with an attack of his own, his intent vanishing so completely that someone who wasn't looking directly at the immortal could've been forgiven for thinking he wasn't here anymore. His counter wasn't aimed at her, however, but rather at her blade, the staff whistling in towards the flat of her blade, at it's base, with enough force to shatter the weapon.
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Meti

She saw the strike. Her eyes narrowed and the sword reversed direction entirely at a moment''s notice but- The lovely sound of wounded steel resounded through her ears a cracks spread throughout her blade. Chips of shattered metal hit the ground, and half the blade had broken off entirely. That was all she needed.

Flicking out with decisive intent her defensive sword moved to decapitate the staff wielder, transitioning from its shifting movement into a strike perfectly disguised as a faint. The rest of her slipped gracefully backwards as a smooth movement from her half sword sent the shards flying towards Michael.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Meti

Hmm. Everyone was being so... deadly. It made her feel like she was walking on clouds. It was just so comforting. Better than a fluffy pillow on a bed at home. She loosened up quite a bit just in that moment.

And she supposed that Vanguard was right. Surprises were in store for her everywhere today! So she swung her swords about a bit, emptying out every bit of herself. Until all that was left was violence, and sharpness, and hunger.

Then she lunged forwards, her sword almost leading her as it moved to ram itself through the man's heart. Meanwhile the other sword remained careful and guarding as her narrowed eyes observed the man with terrifying focus and a bright smile on her face. She was faster than him right now, so she would capitalize on it. But it was more than just sheer speed. The way her blade moved flawlessly through the air, its perfect cut through space, it all but appeared in front in front of him. This was the work of a master swordsman; one whose attacks were not mere violence but art as they traveled faster than should be possible.

Erica

At the sight of more of the food Erica's happiness only grew. "I would gladly finish it all. That is, unless you wanted some yourself or were saving more for others."

Noel Vermillion

"Nope, you can have it all!" Noel said to her with a beaming smile. Not even Mai had seemed to like it this much! "Nobody else seems to want it anyway."