Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - June 23, 2016—April 02, 2018  (Read 43372 times)

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
Emily

The changeling didn't have much issue with keeping the frown from her face, unfazed by the offer, though she did give him a curious look all the same. On one hand, this could provide a useful opportunity, on the other, on the other, the risk would be substantially greater if they were somewhere as private at that.

"I would be glad to accept," Emily said with a small smile, placing her hand in his, "Though I am curious as to what you have in mind."
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Lucy

The maid slowly walked around until she was behind the shorter girl and wrapped her hands around Emily's waist. Her breath was warm against the redhead's ear as her hand ran through her hair. "Well, I wouldn't presume to speak my master's mind. But hypothetically speaking, if I were to guess on a factor, you are especially pretty."

And that steady flow of attraction spiked a bit. Just careful enough to seem natural.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile

Mordred

She was more concerned about another self-righteous fanatic trying to purge her from the face of Earth rather than with admirers, if she had to be honest. But she didn't comment about that, keeping it for herself.

"Right, but could you put me back on the ground? You really don't know your strength..." She asked Sakura in (probably vain) hope that she would listen to her and let her free.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile

Mordred

She was more concerned about another self-righteous fanatic trying to purge her from the face of Earth rather than with admirers, if she had to be honest. But she didn't comment about that, keeping it for herself.

"Right, but could you put me back on the ground? You really don't know your strength..." She asked Sakura in (probably vain) hope that she would listen to her and let her free.

IRON=SAKURA

"Oh, don't worry!" Sakura exclaimed enthusiastically. "I won't hurt either of you, see!"

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Sakura Matou

"Mhm. Of course." Sakura said, resting her hands on her bulging stomach as she led him past the entryway. Inside was a pristinely clean living room with a white carpet and a comfortable looking couch, with a nice solid coffee table sitting about a foot in front of it.

Past the living room one could see a sliding glass door leading to a balcony on one side, and a dining area which led into a kitchen on the other, and finally a hallway that presumably led to the bedrooms and bathroom.

"I hope this is fine, this definitely isn't my best property." Sakura said, her truthfulness unclear. Was she boasting, or being serious. Only she knew.

Ron

It had a balcony? That was a dangerous thing in the Nexus; too easy to get into. On the other hand it was a convenient emergency exit too. And the neighborhood was supposedly one of the nicer ones, right? Well, he would have to take a look around for that later. He took a quick walk through, sniffed around, and while he did that he asked important questions.

"Well, I'm definitely impressed. Does it come furnished like this?" Questions like this one.

Sakura Matou

Sakura nodded. "Of course! Why wouldn't it, it's not like you could steal it when I can enforce it through a magical contract, after all. Of course if you don't want to sign that sort of thing, you can provide your own furniture. By the way, this apartment has two bedrooms, and one bathroom. Do you think that'll be enough space?"

Ron

"Well, looks like I get a furnished apartment then." He smiled and nodded to himself, then turned his attention to the bedrooms. "Hmm. Assuming the beds are a good size then yeah, that should work. And the bath... you don't have any problems with hot water here, right?" Because that had been an issue lately. One of them would use up all the hot water taking a shower and the next thing you knew someone was miserable.

Sakura Matou

"Huh? Of course not! What kind of place do you think I'm showing you?" Sakura asked a bit indignantly. "Unless someone uses a ridiculous amount of water or everyone tries to shower at once there shouldn't be a problem, don't worry about it. If you ever have an issue you should tell me so I can deal with it." She said, completely calm and friendly again.

Ron

Well, ridiculous amounts of water might become a problem at some point. Or not; Ron wasn't keen to be reminded that he smelled like a wet dog in his other forms after a bath. "No, I can probably fix it myself as long as I have all the parts I need. Though I guess that falls under 'deal with it'..."

Soon enough he'd seen all he could see of the place. Anything else would have to come from living in it, getting a real impression of how the space felt. "Well, I definitely like it. I just need to talk to Anne and see where she stands on things."

Assuming she didn't shoot him in the face for earlier.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
Rafalia Tredecim

Proper hospitals were unexpressive.

She didn't have a problem with hospitals and the thought had only just occurred to her, but now she was going to remember every time she needed to visit Methuselah. The annoyingly sterile halls, and the unmarked care rooms and generically comforting postures shown to visitors, which wouldn't change for those that were no longer in need. That was how it had to be, because the work didn't stop when the dead or cured left and charity didn't belong to any single person; there was no ability to consider the stories it had seen and no room to tell them. From the outside of the nurses and doctors' eyes, everything was the same.

Rafalia knew exactly where Methuselah's room was, but that was besides the point. You'd think a patient like him would be more noticeable, but the special needs of his recovery aside (she supposed it was exceptional that the mage medics had to pump so much into him before deeming traditional medicine useful again), the enforcers and police had been more interested in the circumstances and visible than the doctors or the pacing of the hospital.

Even with the dimly shining magic circle underneath his bed, his spot in  heavy care was just like any other. Rafalia kept watch from just outside the invisible boundary of his healing zone, wondering what he would say and how he would explain himself to those interested once he woke up.

Her own statement about the scene and personal contribution had been nothing but flattering in its honesty.
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile

Mordred

IRON=SAKURA

"Oh, don't worry!" Sakura exclaimed enthusiastically. "I won't hurt either of you, see!"

Auspicious Breeze

"It's fine so far anyway!" Then again, any hugs that involved one or more cute girls were definitely a good thing. Breeze definitely didn't try to touch Mordred's nervous little tail to see what it felt like, either. It was like having a fifth arm, right?

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Methuselah

A soft groan rumbled as the dark divine opened his eyes, wincing at the lights shining brightly on him. Annoying, but with a few movements he realized that his vessel was mostly recovered. And it seemed... he had come back. How delightful.

There was a shift in the air as he drew breath, as if shadows themselves had taken life. He rose from his humble bed and  allowed the tip of his feet to lightly dangle above ground as he floated, free once again. He glanced around the annoyingly bright room, then glanced and noticed the white haired girl. Hmm, Rafalia was it? His head still felt groggy, so it was hard to tell.

He floated ominously towards her, nearly letting his aura exhume within the walls of the room. There was something different to it, almost like a different person.

"Where am I?"

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile

Mordred

So the hugging continued. She should have gotten used by now that Breeze just attracted more women into her presence, as if she generated her own gravity. She also had to tolerate her polyamorous attitude to relationships, though as long as Breeze was devoted to her enough when Mordred had free time then the changeling was okay with that.

"You're are really lavish with praise..." Mordred commented, fortunate that her skin was already so red that nobody would notice blushing. "But if you met me half year ago, you wouldn't get to see me like that. I took that form after I ended up here. It's still sometimes odd for me to walk around with a tail, but I'm getting used to it."

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile

Mordred

So the hugging continued. She should have gotten used by now that Breeze just attracted more women into her presence, as if she generated her own gravity. She also had to tolerate her polyamorous attitude to relationships, though as long as Breeze was devoted to her enough when Mordred had free time then the changeling was okay with that.

"You're are really lavish with praise..." Mordred commented, fortunate that her skin was already so red that nobody would notice blushing. "But if you met me half year ago, you wouldn't get to see me like that. I took that form after I ended up here. It's still sometimes odd for me to walk around with a tail, but I'm getting used to it."

IRON=SAKURA

"Well, I'm so glad you did! That tail is the cutest little thing!" She exclaimed releasing one arm leaving her easily lifting the two up with one, and reached down to feel the tail, stopping only a few inches short. "So uh, do you mind me feeling it?"

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile

Sakura

Sakura stared at Ron's face, taking in his body language and noting that he was still hiding stuff from her. No matter. Not for now, anyway. They'd only known each other for a few hours, being too prying would be highly inappropriate and rude. She'd only act if she found out about him being abused like she was suspecting.

"Well, I'm really glad you like it!" Sakura said with a smile. "How do you feel about 1200$ a month, utilities and internet included?" Sakura asked him, sitting down on the couch. She was clearly exhausted right now and needed to sit down. Could probably do with a small snack as well.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 08:52:49 PM by Sinib »

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
RED

"Oh, i do tons of stuff! Like uhhhhhh... stuff, yeah! You know, important secret stuff. The sort of stuff that would amaze you! You just wouldn't believe it!" She said cheerfully, blatantly stalling for time until she figured what to say. What did normal girls usually do? For a second, she was worried that she would think she was weird if she didn't have any normal pastimes.

Ah, yes! Of course!

RED grinned cheekily, she was a genius!

"Oh, I'm also a chef! I can cook the best casserole in this city, believe it!"

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
Rafalia Tredecim

She let out a hum of surprise when Methuselah rose, and the pressure of the room swelled without the need for words, riding an unassuming and dreadful quietness even when he addressed her so curtly. Somehow, he was different. It was not that he was showing something different after the match had congealed in his mind, or that something was still in momentary torpor. The excrucian seemed to be looking at a distinct person.

"The hospital! I came along to see to your healing after that impressive fight you showed me. Luckily you were still technically alive when the medics got there," she responded, comfortably resting her chin on her gloved palm. "Or... perhaps you weren't?"
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
Michael

The immortal's eyes widened a little as his own feint ended up backfiring on him, Meti dropping her sword only to catch it with her foot and continue her assault on him that way. Allowing a smirk at the turn of events, Michael opted to stop concealing his own presence, as that wasn't seeming to work out quite as well, though his intent was still unknowable, perhaps even more so now, hidden behind behind the killing intent. Letting it all loose, focusing it all on Meti, Michael opted to answer her legwork in kind.

In that moment, it was as if the ground had become the sky, Michael flipping himself upside down, one hand coming down on the flat of Meti's sword and it arced around for his legs, balancing himself by his fingers on the flat of the blade as his weight drove it to the ground. This response to Meti's clever use of her legs, however, came with one leg lashing out to stop her blade with swift kick to her wrist while the other whistled in towards her neck with impossible speed considering his positioning.
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Methuselah

Methuselah listened to the woman's words and nodded curtly. Yes, he remembered that, though the details were a bit hazy to him, the look he gave her was of complete detachment.

"I see." He said softly, no other words were necessary. He looked around, then back to his body and his clothes. So he had been brought to the hospital and healed, fortunate he supposed. He touched his face and smiled, yes, most fortunate.

The dark god couldn't help but burst into laughter, as if the cruelest, funniest prank just befell him. He raised his arms and laughed seemingly like a maniac, as if he had somehow won some grand battle and was intoxicated by it.

"Yes, now I can finally be free! Hahahahahahah!"

Suddenly, he stopped. It was jarring, how he flipped from laughing maniacally to dead serious in an instant. Was it the madness all too known as divine power, or something more? Something much more insidious? But most terrifying was not the sudden shift, but the way he was looking at the girl in this very moment.

Have you ever wondered what monsters lie behind your closet? Or what horrors dwell beneath your bed? Foolish, truly humanely foolish.  There are beasts in this world far more terrifying, natural rules far more perverse, sickening, mundane than all these fantastical stories of make believe. Have you ever wondered where does the scratching behind the wall comes from? Or what lurks behind your eyeballs? The truth is, all fear in the world is rooted in a single, fundamental aspect.

Darkness, the unknown.

And that, the very hollow void that grasped at her eyes, commanded attention, was what was truly terrifying. She might want to run, she might want to scream, she might even beg or deny it, but the truth was her fate was sealed the moment she had met him. All that was left for her was nothingness, absolute darkness.

"No one can stop me.  People, countries, mountains, worlds, even the stars... all shall be devoured by darkness, devoured by I, Methuselah. How wonderful, Rafalia. You  have helped a lot, now I can finally have the world turn back to how it should've been. I can finally destroy everything. Thank you, my dearest Rafalia. And goodbye! "

A hand moved towards her, slowly. At that moment, one would certainly feel a sense of primal fear. It wasn't the threat of being killed, hurt or humiliated, but the notion that one would simply.... become nothing. It was the sort of fear that froze your very bones, rendered you silent, rendered you still.

And then he booped her nose.

"Just kidding."