Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - June 23, 2016—April 02, 2018  (Read 43389 times)

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile

Sakura

Sakura stared at Ron's face, taking in his body language and noting that he was still hiding stuff from her. No matter. Not for now, anyway. They'd only known each other for a few hours, being too prying would be highly inappropriate and rude. She'd only act if she found out about him being abused like she was suspecting.

"Well, I'm really glad you like it!" Sakura said with a smile. "How do you feel about 1200$ a month, utilities and internet included?" Sakura asked him, sitting down on the couch. She was clearly exhausted right now and needed to sit down. Could probably do with a small snack as well.

Ron

Well, on the one hand that was a lot of money. On the other hand that was everything included and Ron wasn't exactly the sort who would pay taxes now that he had superpowers anyway. Or before, even; most of his income had always been off the books. And it wasn't like he needed to worry about medical costs; his body handled everything on its own.

So after a few moments of counting things off on his hands and doing the math he started to nod a bit. "I'm definitely liking the sound of it. The look of it is nice too."

Ron noted she looked a bit tired, so he had to ask. "By the way, not to pry, but how far along are you anyway?"

Sakura Matou

"About five months. I should pop within the year!" She said, clearly happy about the prospect of giving birth to her child. "And that's great, I'm so happy to hear that! But before we start talking about a contract, do you mind if we stop at a fast food place real quick? I'm really uh, craving a nice burger and fries right now."

Ron

"Well, I would wish you luck with that but I suspect you don't need it. With magic, and all." Ron smiled, and turned his attention momentarily to the balcony again. He was going to have to get used to that, he could tell. Then Sakura said something that would be absurd coming from anyone but a pregnant woman. "So soon? Well, I guess it couldn't hurt..."

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Malcolm Kimberlee

Malcolm tried to restrain a chuckle, but it was just too much. That blonde one was a frikkin laugh riot, he hadn't laughed like that in ages! Could she come up with something less blatant and flashy? Clearly she didn't know much of the suck-heads of the Nexus, at least not those who tend to stay alive.

"Pffwahahahahaha! That is so cliche! Seriously, a harem? That's like asking to wake up with a stake in the heart, you might as well carry a big flashy post sign saying VAMPIRE in big bold neon. You watch way too many cheesy movies lass."

Besides, opening a bar would be a pretty smart move for a bloodsucker. Food, gossip, a safe cover, what more to ask? Ah right, unassuming meat shields, got that covered too. Besides, no windows means there's only so many ways to enter or escape. Clever, clever...

Then, he glanced back  at Anastasia and sighed. The more he heard her, the more he was amazed. Not believing in the suckers was one thing, he could get behind that, but not even knowing what they were? Did this poor soul, bless her heart, ever pick up a book? Well, he supposed he could teach her. It was part of the job description after all.

"Seriously Annie, you don't know what a vampire is?" He asked her in disbelief before turning stern and calm, like a narrator about to tell an expertly crafted tale. Like a storyteller, each whispered word carried a soft calm yet an energy that just drew you in like a hook, line and sinker.

"Listen up, cause there will be a quiz later. They're basically these dark, evil creatures that lurk in the shadows and prey off humans and cattle. They got chalk white skin, claws that could turn you into mincemeat, sharp razor teeth to dig into that soft little neck of yours easier. Usually, they hide and pretend to be normal average everyday folk, luring unassuming cute girls like you, bring them into their lairs and do unspeakable things to them. First, just for a small chat or a cup of coffee, then maybe they'll ask for a favor or two. But suddenly, when she least expects it..."

And before anyone could expect it, he grabbed her shoulder and loomed over her with a cartoonishly hungry grin crowned with fake monster teeth open wide as if he was about to eat her head off.

"BWAAAAAH, YOUR BLOOD IS MIIINE!!"

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
Rafalia Tredecim

For a moment Rafalia felt fear creeping up her spine, a feeling like icy thorns sprouting over her back in warning, as if she had allowed something dreadful and mindless to be set free. Elation followed in its wake, her mind flooded with anxiety over what others would do to stop the being the reborn dark god promised to be.

But as Methuselah spoke, disappointment set in. She looked up at him where she sat, the faerie's expression going solid in realization. Until he turned it around and booped her.

Rafalia burst into laughter, banishing her prior thoughts until she could arc her whole body forward with earnest humor. Tears of overreaction threatened to fall from her eyes when she stopped, still smiling painfully.

"Oh you silly goose, you got me there for a moment. That was a good joke," she said, running a cooling gloved hand over her face. But once the rider's breathing calmed, she gazed like a dark night at him, enunciating with gentleness heard only at the birth of all shadows. "Or was it? Did you truly think nothing of the words you spoke like a hot iron's hiss on fragile flesh? Your conviction has changed."
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 06:06:19 AM by YOLF »
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile

Anastasia

She ignored Malcolm's silly antics. There was nothing to be scared of either. If he was truly hostile, he would have ended up frozen by her magic. Instead, he was just being stubborn about this vampire thing. She tried to reason with him as she had nothing better to do.

"You're being pretty illogical. A monster that would just suck blood would probably sooner or later end up starving instead of thriving. If I was a monster, I'd eat my victims whole. And a monster wouldn't be vulnerable to common herbs. That's just plain silly. Didn't they teach you that it is Demonsbane that wards off monsters and evil spirits? Forest's just someone who is allergic to some food and doesn't have any tan. By your logic I'd be a vampire too, I don't tan even if I walk around a lot in the summer. It's either the case or you're one of rich folks who don't work from dawn to dusk like my parents." After explaining things to Malcolm she adressed Forest.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Methuselah

The dark god allowed himself a brief chuckle along Rafalia. Aah, did he really change? Honestly, he never really could tell. He had played so many different roles across the eras, it's not like he had to define him in such a one dimensional fashion. After all, they say the dreamer is the one who defines the world, not the other way around.

Even a lucid dreamer like himself was bound by certain rules and restrictions, but matter how many times he'd wake up, he was still himself. Tastes change, seasons change, people change, such a troublesome paradigm. He didn't dislike it though.

"Do I look like some cliche saturday morning cartoon villain? Hmm, though I suppose I might have done that a few times. It's such a dull role I've repeated ad nauseam, and it's not like there'd be anything to do afterwards."

He put a dark hand on his face and glanced up, turning towards the clock ticking in the room. It took him only a few seconds to notice that quite a bit had passed, and only a little longer for the horror to dawn upon him.

"Oh no..."

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Relius

It was a clean cut.  The blade cleaved his puppet hand in two.  It would be best to avoid a strike like that directly.  Blocking strikes like that would likely be pointless as well, considering the sheer power behind her attacks.

Rather than doing the logical thing and keeping his distance, the scientist leaped forward, flourishing his wrist.  Another puppet like spear came forth from his shoulder area, attempting to strike her in the upper chest area.

Meanwhile, Ignis appeared behind her in a flash of purple light.  Moving at roughly equal pace to the assassin, her arms began stretching around her waist.  In one motion, she planned on tightening her grip, pulling the girl to Ignis's body.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Sakura

Sakura, now somewhat recovered from her earlier exertion, smiled back at the man.

"Yes, that would be nice", she said. "But would you mind if my husband joined us? I don't think he's busy right now."

Shirou

Shirou looked on with confusion as the Pokemon ran ahead before turning around and running back to him, wagging it's tail and crying out.

What does he want? Shirou thought as the Pokemon stood by his leg, seemingly waiting for something. Does he want to play?

Noticing a convinient stick lying around in the alleyway, Shirou picked it up and threw it in the direction of a nearby park, well away from any cars or other dangers, intending to follow after the Pokemon if it ran.

"Go on, boy!" he shouted, excitedly, wondering if he would follow.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 10:06:12 PM by Cherry Lover »

Thedoctor

Shinobu

Her ice cold glare was maintained as Lorenzo stood firm and caught Medaka. Was he truly trying to flirt with her? His visage was anything but charming and his glinting skull could only serve to blind people from it's hideousness. "Of course I am jealous, I was looking forward to using your bones as replacements for my backscratcher."

The golden haired vampire slowly moved as she spoke, a predatory grin growing with every step.

Thedoctor

Neptune

She was gently pushed away from him to her dismay but that ended quickly as he mentioned the places of vital interest that he knew off. Despite not knowing where to head she grasped his hand and pulled him along with her. Such a lust for creamy delights, who could possibly match it? No one in existence that is.

"Come on Gaddy we gotta hurry before it's all sold out." They were moving across the former battlefield now littered with dogoo remains, if you could call it remains.  "Oh and watch out for the Dogoo remains, it's slimy and sticky and it gets in everywhere."

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Medaka Kurokami

Medaka landed gently in Lorenzo's arms, smiling up at him as he complimented her.  Her smile grew with the warm feeling brewing within her body.  She opened her mouth to speak, only to be interrupted by a sudden chill.

Oh no

The blue haired girl turned her neck towards Shinobu.  That smile, she had seen it before and that description was explicit.  Plus, it seemed to be growing more bigger and more devious with each step.  "Be on your guard Lorenzo, she is up to something." she said, maintaining eye-contact. 

Joe

I should probably take note of the eye twitching..... Joe thought as he watched the out of place cue.

He chuckled at Rin's comment.  "Yeah, I can be pretty impatient and impulsive," he said, with the breif aversion of his eyes.  He tried keeping his focus on her but ended up looking down for a second.  Hopefully, it didn't look like he was trying to get a peak at her breasts.  "Although, you probably figured that out just from our boat trip.  I  kinda think its my worst quality."

« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 11:47:23 PM by yinsukin »

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Paladin

The knight shook his head. "Of course not. It would be rather rude of us to deny an ally such a thing in any circumstances, even more so after we've just had such a trying battle together. And I must admit that I am rather curious, after all the man who earned your hand must be a worthy one indeed."

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
Rafalia Tredecim

She stared at the same person, perhaps with the same soul, but there was little wondering that something had changed. It was difficult to tell if it was widely or deeply, but seldom were the minds of gods mapped so easily that two dimensions were a satisfactory plane of reference.

"Hey, your style works. But yyyyyyy-up, you were strongly cliché just now," Rafalia quipped, rolling her eyes in amusement. It took her smile a second to settle before she looked at where the concern dimming his expression was pointed. "What's wrong, something up with the time?"
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 01:00:36 AM by YOLF »
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Methuselah

Methuselah bit his nail in frustration. While his memories were jumbled, perhaps because he did not die completely, he still retained his past sense of self. Did you ever dream, only to see the world and yourself changing without realizing? Well, usually it came with the entire package, but this time was a bit different. Like casting a light from a different angle makes shadows morph, but in the end the objects stay the same.

Of the few things he could recall clearly, one thing he was lucid enough to realize was that he had forgotten something important. Something essential. And because of his foolishness, all would perish. The day or reckoning came at last, and it would send the world drowning in the pyres of hell.

"It's too late, how could I have forgotten..."

A bead of sweat, if it could be called that even, rolled down his face. With a furious, desperate but determined face, he grabbed Rafalia's hand and floated away like the wind. He had paid 12$ for an entire package, he wasn't going to let it all go to waste!

For you see, before leaving, the foolish God had put the hot pockets in the oven... only to forget to turn it off!

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Relius

It was a clean cut.  The blade cleaved his puppet hand in two.  It would be best to avoid a strike like that directly.  Blocking strikes like that would likely be pointless as well, considering the sheer power behind her attacks.

Rather than doing the logical thing and keeping his distance, the scientist leaped forward, flourishing his wrist.  Another puppet like spear came forth from his shoulder area, attempting to strike her in the upper chest area.

Meanwhile, Ignis appeared behind her in a flash of purple light.  Moving at roughly equal pace to the assassin, her arms began stretching around her waist.  In one motion, she planned on tightening her grip, pulling the girl to Ignis's body.

Muramasa Katase

covering the front

A warning given in impulse so that her wielder could coordinate with her. A solid plate of armor formed over Mitsuba's chest, a fragile thing that would vanish soon after being struck, to deflect the incoming spear. It would allow Katase's wielder to focus on continuing the assault. Or as it were, retaliating against the sudden interloper joining in to aid their opponent.

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
IRON=SAKURA

"How rude!" Sakura exclaimed indignantly to Mordred. "Do you think I'm some mindless gorilla who can't control their own strength? Sure, I can't do it perfectly, but I'd never rip anyone's arm off accidentally!"

Auspicious Breeze

"Ahh, don't worry about Mordred too much. She's too used to our teacher being all rough and scary sometimes." Breeze nodded firmly at this assertion, and then leaned to Sakura to whisper. "It makes her a little jumpy."