Author Topic: Pine Garden  (Read 48826 times)

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: Pine Garden
« Reply #900 on: January 15, 2020, 07:32:51 PM »
Shinji

CRASH!! CRASH!! CRASH!! CRASH!!

"...Tails it is then."

Followed by the pouring rain of blows, the very earth split and shook, sending snow and dust blowing upwards and causing the battlefield to become even blurrier by the moment. And dashing forth from behind these tombstones, Shinji glared at the source of this storm. It may not see it yet, but his eyes were filled with recognition. As someone who lived many ages, he acknowledged silently that his target was one of the most brilliant he faced.

So he ran, as fast as he could, dragging his body by his pounding steps... faster and faster, avoiding the raindrops of this downpour of death.

Only for something strange to happen.

Behind the snow clouds, a red aura was enveloping his silhouette, his frame was growing slightly larger and larger. And his muscles were beginning to show through his clothes more and more. As he ran past one of the tombs, the gun in his hands vanished.

What took its place was a massive ax, rusted and rough, but whose black edge made no mistake.

It would cleave. And ripping through the cloud of debris, he leaped to meet his opponent from the side, this time accelerating even faster than a bullet, faster than sound itself. As if some invisible force was pulling Shinji in the target's direction.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 07:34:03 PM by francobull3 »

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: January 15, 2020, 08:05:42 PM »
Entheo

As expected, the man dodged again, his form blurring between the graves.  His steps were silent, but the steps of the snow, the patterns he had formed, the way the falling white fell on him, it all allowed him to track him.  He zig-zagged all over the graveyard, slipping through Entheo's flurry, only for him to...

Entheo pay attention!

That familiar red arua came in from the side, hard and fast like a bullet.  This was different from before.  It was faster.  The ghost of Entheo's movements appeared behind his back as a transparent Guandao was raised to strike.  A crescent moon of white cleaved through the falling snow, meeting the red mid-flight.  Although, Entheo himself followed the ghost in a perfect pattern, raising his Guandao and striking along with it.  And so, another moon slashed into the red orb.

"So I take it that coin toss wasn't to let me go?"

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: January 15, 2020, 08:19:29 PM »
Shinji

His ax slammed against the spear, cracking the air with the sound of metal against metal. Surprised, he quickly spun his arm in motion, delivering an upwards slash to cut against the following strike. The lone hunter and the hunted clashed in the sky, while sparks barely floated around them due to the sheer speed of the two impacts. It wasn't time that was slowing down. They were just going even faster.

"Why don't you stick around and find out?" He grinned fully for the first time, blood dripping from his forehead. He too was starting to have fun here.

But that was just the beginning, as Shinji delivered a flurry of blows, each as strong as the last. The sky, the ground, who gives a damn. All fair game when two men want to clash blades.

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: January 15, 2020, 08:30:44 PM »
Entheo

Entheo could feel it too, the sparks surrounding them, the snow that seemed no longer able to reach their bodies, melting from the heat of their battle.  For each blow of his axe, Entheo matched with another blow from his Guandao.  All the while, a large figure shot forth from Entheo's body and slashed the assassin with a Guandao of his own.

"Sorry but i'm not that patient," he said, flashing his teeth with that cocky smile of his.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: January 15, 2020, 08:54:17 PM »
Shinji

The sudden ghost caught him just as he was wide open, and as the blade slammed into his rib, his vision blacked out.

When he opened his eyes, his back was cracked straight into the church's wall, right under its tallest tower. Arms stretched to the side, his guts bloody, tangled and spilled to the side, he struggled to get out of the rock. Dammit, that hurt. His vision blurred from that, but cleared just in time to see:

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: January 15, 2020, 09:11:39 PM »
Entheo

Entheo stood over what should be the severed corpse of the would-be assassin, the blade of the guandao at his throat.  Of course, it was just a formality at this point.  If he was opening his eyes after an attack like that, slashing his throat would just be a painful experience.

"I have to say, I did not think i'd find a zombie out here," he said, pressing the blade further into his throat.  "I probably should be skewering you some more right now, but that was a lot of fun.  I'd rather not kill a man with such a gentle heart."

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: January 15, 2020, 09:22:52 PM »
Shinji

His eyes looked tired... his body felt limp. Even so, Shinji managed the guts to smile and tried to grab the lance away from his neck, gripping it. "Aren't you a nice guy."

And away from all sight, with the most imperceptible shift of his finger, the coin he tossed earlier came flying towards the target's back rib, firing through like a heroic bullet to punch into him. As if the two were attracted. However.

That was just step one.

For at the same time, a burst of blood sprayed out of his mouth, as if the cough propelled the red liquid straight into the kid's eye. Step two: An eye for an eye.

And his ax was flying through the air like a boomerang, slashing through with the speed of a bullet to get in his other free hand before his strengthening waned.

And if all worked out, this brought them to step three.

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: January 15, 2020, 10:00:22 PM »
Entheo

For a moment all was still, only the sound of the axe flying through the air.  Caught off guard, the blood-splattered along with his eyes, protected only by the sudden reflex to close them.  While Entheo might not have been clued into the coin coming down, Sakoyomi was.  As the coin came down, Sakoyomi raised his guandao, perfectly blocking the coin on the staff part of the weapon, knowing full well it was going too fast to cut.  As the axe came around, Entheo turned, the guandao already raised as the blade came down hard on the axe, sending it flying into the distance.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: January 15, 2020, 10:56:02 PM »
Shinji

Damn, guy was good. But the ax didn't fly away as it should have. Instead, it twirled around the spear's pole and spun towards Shinji's hand like a bullet!

And gripping the spear on one hand and his own large blade in the other, he used that momentum and all the strength in his body to try and strike before that phantasm's blade would reach him.

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: January 16, 2020, 03:46:03 AM »
Entheo

The blade slipped past his own, cutting Entheo on the cheek.  By the time he realized what had happened, it was already too late.  The assassin had already started his assault.  However, the ghost had far more time to react.  Already moving back inside of its host, the blade came down like a moon to earth, ready to meet the assault with a resolve to send him to the next life.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: January 16, 2020, 03:58:29 AM »
Shinji

The impact sent sparks flying like fireworks. His bones rattled as if under a grinder. His muscles screamed.

But it wasn't enough.

With that blow, he was pushed through the rock and slammed into the church wall, breaking through and falling straight inside. The gothic interior and stained glass artwork were sights to behold. His back facing the floor, he felt like he could stare at the ceiling forever.

But he flipped back and landed on his feet, dragged back further by the force of the impact despite his footing. His ax came flying as well... until it landed in his grip. But most shocking... despite the blood covering him, he looked completely fine now.

"A man with guts and honor! I like that." He pointed at his target and smiled genuinely. "It's a damn pity."

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: January 16, 2020, 04:19:08 AM »
Entheo

Entheo sighed, finally able to appreciate the cold winter air.  With each step, he could feel his shoes crunch against the snow.  His body was so warm that he could no longer feel the cold.  Rather than burst through the wall, he landed on the ground and walked through the front door.  As he walked up the stairs, he placed a hand on his chin.

The door flung open, guandao behind his back as he said, "You don't seem like a bad guy yourself. But I gotta know.  What did I do to piss you off?  You don't seem like the type to kill a guy for no reason and you even respected those people's graves.  Maybe its just your good manners, but its hard to imagine such a good house guest is a bad guy."

« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 04:28:42 AM by yinsukin »

MissingMandible

• Hello Darkness my old friend. It sucks to be with you again.
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: January 16, 2020, 07:01:57 AM »
Aruna

Aruna rose to the highest building she could find.  The demon was not ready to head home yet.  Atop the building, she found another woman pondering just as she had planned to.  Coming up from behind, she said,

"I take it you come here to think as well?"
Destoroyah:

"My. My, my,my,my,my~" Destoroyah could hardly contain her mirth when she took stock of the newcomer. The other woman looked like a whore, that outfit catering to the fetishes of the disgusting men below. She was a fly that stumbled upon the spider's web.

The mahou kaiju rose to her feet, bottom pair of wings locking claws to form a dress. Slowly walking towards the stranger, Destoroyah opened her mouth, "I can't say I do," she spoke in a somewhat sing-song voice, "I just arrived here just a little bit ago~."

The mouth-like pincer on the monstrous girl's tail did a quick stretch, readying for the strike. Draining this woman to a husk, snapping it in two, and tossing the bodies down to the night-crowds below would make for a good introduction to her new reign of terror - and the extra bit of mana wouldn't hurt, either! She could use it to turn the area into an even larger crater than she was planning! "Just was up here to get the layout of the city~," Destoroyah said, putting on a faux expression of confusion, "Say, you look like you know the streets, can you show me around~?"

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: January 16, 2020, 03:50:52 PM »
Entheo

Entheo sighed, finally able to appreciate the cold winter air.  With each step, he could feel his shoes crunch against the snow.  His body was so warm that he could no longer feel the cold.  Rather than burst through the wall, he landed on the ground and walked through the front door.  As he walked up the stairs, he placed a hand on his chin.

The door flung open, guandao behind his back as he said, "You don't seem like a bad guy yourself. But I gotta know.  What did I do to piss you off?  You don't seem like the type to kill a guy for no reason and you even respected those people's graves.  Maybe its just your good manners, but its hard to imagine such a good house guest is a bad guy."

"Me, pissed off? I'm having the time of my life here!" he spread his arms out and scowled ironically.

"I come here told there's a monster hunting the graveyards. Some 'demonic god of war' scaring kids away. Good grief, some people have too much imagination."

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: January 16, 2020, 03:58:43 PM »
Shinji

"Me? No way, I'm having a blast." He spread his arms out and took a few steps forward.

"Came all this way to chase off some monstruous demon, a god of war and death... Good grief, people have too much imagination nowadays."