Author Topic: Nexus Campus Town  (Read 24290 times)

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Re: Nexus Campus Town
« Reply #180 on: March 03, 2020, 04:54:48 PM »
Entheo

The waft of flavor alone was enough to send Entheo's brain into overdrive.  The sheer level of stimulation was enough to drive anyone mad.  The taste of the broth suddenly danced on his tongue, a demo, a promise of what else was to come.  If he ate this meal, would he ever be able to return to his old life?  It was strange.  As he cut followed Slayer's instructions, thinly slicing the cabbage, he felt a weird thrill.  It was like the thrill of battle.

This food was too powerful.

Entheo let me take your body again.  I can get you through this.  Let me take over.

No if I don't get through this trial, it means all our suffering was for nothing.

You fool!  His cooking is too strong!  Entheo!

I refuse to succumb to his delicious food Sakuyomi!

Thats right.  He had to be able to return, go back to the gateway to the world beyond life.  He couldn't be held down by the nourishment of life.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 03, 2020, 05:09:48 PM »
Shinji

"What we're cooking today is called Chanko Nabe. It's a japanese hot pot dish,sumo wrestlers eat a ton of it every day. Its got a ton of proteins, vitamins, and essential nutrients that infuse in the brothh and make it richer. You can make it with chicken, fish, tofu... whatever the hell you want really."

As he cut the tofu, he finally inserted the vedgetables and meatballs into the broth. The savory smell was filling the kitchen entirely, but it took a whole new dimension once he added the bok choi, meatballs, mushrooms and other vedgetables.

"I'll add the fish last, since its the most delicate. It's really important, its going to make you feel a whole lot better. I could tell when we fought, you lack sleep and your diet's pure crap. This will patch you right up and let your organs clean up and muscles regenerate. Healthy body, healthy spirit and all that crap."

Despite how harsh he sounded, the apron-wearing Shinji looked like he genuinely cared about the brat's well being. It was almost motherly.

"Don't get funny ideas though, brat. And quit slacking, you gotta keep your station clean." He pointed the giant axe at the kid. "Or I kill you."

So much for Shinji caring.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 05:10:29 PM by francobull3 »

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 03, 2020, 05:18:39 PM »
Entheo

"Chanko Nabe?" he echoed.  Entheo wasn't a food expert, but he robbed enough people to know what different foods tasted like.  Maybe he would recognize the taste when he took a bite.  Maybe this wasn't something he could do alone.  No.  He would do as he was taught.

Entheo raised an eyebrow at the man's threat, already gathering a bowl to put scraps in.  "Fine.  Bring it on.  I'll follow all your instructions to the letter."
« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 05:21:47 PM by yinsukin »

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 03, 2020, 05:26:29 PM »
Shinji

SHWING

"Okay, hurry up. What is this, a nursing home?" His aura changed and grew even darker as he crossed his arms and glared on, his axe set aside. "Sleeves on the counter, careful, dont get the soap on the ingredients. One twoo three go. One two three go."

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 03, 2020, 05:29:45 PM »
Entheo

AGH!

Entheo sprung into action, coiling his sleeves back.  Using all the speed given to his mortal body, he washed his tools, laid them out to dry and prepared his next tools.  Grabbing the knife, he continued to slice the cabbage.

Wait shit he didn't say to cut the cabbage yet...

You sure you don't need help?

Shut up old man!

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 03, 2020, 06:11:32 PM »
Shinji

He crossed his arms and nodded silently, observing his work.

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 03, 2020, 06:23:17 PM »
Entheo

The young man took a minute, but he finally finished the cabbage.  Gathering up the cut cabbage in his palms, he dumped the vegetables in a bowl to be used by Slayer himself.  Now he waited for his next instructions.  See I did it!

Your cutting was inconsistent.  Some of those were noticeably thicker than the others.

How do I fix that? he sent back, handing the bowl of cabbage to their head chef.  You can't

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 03, 2020, 06:33:21 PM »
Shinji

"Fool."

A dark storm emerged, and the Slayer marched forth to get next to the brat, quickly catching on on what was stressing him out. Oddly enough, he put a comforting hand on his.

"If the cut difference is small, the effect will be negligible. In this case, you only need to worry about the outliers. Just take the pieces that stand out as too big or too small, and pick them apart as a bundle. You're going to have to put the bigger pieces slightly earlier than the medium ones, and the smaller ones last. But this way, the cook will be even."

His stern words were calm enough. With that, he used his hand to leverage Entheo's, as to help him get a good grip. It was nothing more than a man helping another man cutting vedgetables.

This sort of sight was the kind that'd make fangirls squee.

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 03, 2020, 06:44:25 PM »
Entheo

All of the sudden, Entheo felt the urge to slice the rapidly building tension with the knife he was holding.  He could feel the full weight of Slayer's judgment coming down on him.  His head shrank into his shoulders, ready to bare the full weight of shame for his mistake.  Instead, all he was met with was advice?  Turning to the man in the graveyard, Entheo focused his icy blue eyes on Slayers, staring into them for a moment to read his intent.

"Thanks..."

Realizing he was being oddly genuine, he took the bowl and said, "So what do you want me to cut then?"

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 03, 2020, 06:46:35 PM »
Shinji

"..."

He didn't even consider it until now, but upon thinking about it...

They were done.

"Cut a path into your future." He had to come up with something. With that, he let go, turned his back on Entheo, and looked onto the horizon cooly.

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 03, 2020, 06:53:43 PM »
Entheo

Entheo followed Slayer's gaze, looking onward into the horizon.  "I see.  Thanks."

What the hell is he talking about?

I don't know.

For now it didn't matter.  Entheo braced himself for his moment of truth.  The food.  Could he really be able to withstand the onslaught?

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 06, 2020, 07:50:05 PM »
Shinji

Nexus Time - 1:00 PM

It was ready.

It was done.

Judgement was nigh.

Stacked on a low table accross a futon, a handful of large plates and bowls surrounded the even bigger bowl of hotpot. The chanko nabe was done, and it was divine. A warm, savory, gingery broth filled with vitamins, proteins and so delicious and caloric it would legitimately turn a scrawny stick into a bodybuilder in no time.

HOWEVER!

It was just scraping the  surface. He also chopped up a healthy traditional salad, steamed crab legs, fluffy white rice cooked to perfection, green tea, fruits, stir fried veggies, kimchi, pickled seaweed salad, pickled radishes.

And it wasn't even done.

Something else was cooking, but in the meanwhile the four could enjoy this absolutely amazing meal. No, even more amazing... the vedgetables were cut in cute little flower shapes. Coming from someone as cold and brutal as Shinji, this was absolutely precious. It was almost a thin line between a kiddie meal and a legitimate feast.

"Eat up, brat."

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 07, 2020, 03:17:36 AM »
Entheo

This scent!

One foot entering the room, thats all it took to be assaulted with the full force of the first wave.  Entheo's knees shook, his body instantly lusting for the food on the table.  The young man's soul called out for Gezo's afraid of himself.

I'm not helping you here.

Damn it thats just the scent!  How am I supposed to resist the taste?!

The scent was one thing, but the presentation was another.  THe white rice looked like a cloud, the vegetables cut into little flower shapes.  Was he doing that while cutting the other stuff?!  Damn it they were so cute!  He wanted to just snack on them while he waited for the rest of the meal.  Why did he spend all his time robbing people and taking leftovers?!  He could have learned to cook like this!

"Please, I didn't ask you to cook this for me," he said, turning his head away.  A movement he instantly regretted.  Not being able to see the food made him crave it even more!  "I guess I can try it, but don't expect me to be impressed."

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 10, 2020, 02:17:07 AM »
Neil

1:00 PM Nexus Time

With his business in the Citadel over and done with, Neil was back in the Campus Town, slightly amused by the fact that going around as a wolf drew less attention than it did in human form. The wolf followed the familiar path to his temp roommate's home, soon catching the scent of his cooking as well.

Huh. Smells like a lot. Smells like there's someone else in there with him too. Might be empty calories for me, but I hope he made enough for three.

The wolf took off at a faster pace, quickly arriving at his destination. Sitting back on his haunches, the wolf canted his head as he wavered between shifting back up to open the door or simply scratching at it until he got an answer. Smirking as much as his biology allowed, Neil opted for the latter, getting up on his hind legs and scratching loudly at the door.
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 11, 2020, 07:45:03 PM »
Shinji

"Heh. Come on, quit trembling like your cherry's getting popped. This stuff's got all the vitamins your body needs and more." He gave him a thumbs up and helped him to the futon. However, a sudden noise stopped him entirely.

Shinji froze. A cold glare turned to the door, and a scratching sound he recognized already.

With a sigh, he shook his head. "Hey pal, just wait a second here, okay?"

He walked up to the door calmly, scratched his back, pulled out his guns and blasted the door dozens upon dozens of times. The projectiles hailed like  a storm, and once he ran out of ammo he took out a grenade from the shelf and threw it in the gap he tore off in his door so it'd blast whatever was left from the other side.

"Yo. How was your day?" He grinned at the wrecked door. Or rather, the one who knocked.