Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - June 23, 2016—April 02, 2018  (Read 42467 times)

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Erica

She did not agree with this course of action. However, Vanguard must have had a reason to make them appear in such an overt fashion. The only idea she could think of was intimidation, but perhaps she was missing something? The Mantle shifted into Claws but they stayed floating behind Erica as she simply watched and began a cursory analysis of the man's soul.

Thedoctor

William 

A sound of glass shattering could suddenly be heard throughout the makeshift throne room. He was no longer alone as they, the owners had arrived. Who else would arrive in such an overt fashion. The mage didn't even flinch as the sound reached him. No he did not even turn to inspect them, such was his apparent disinterest.

"Pathetic."

Words however did leave his lips. His right arm was raised from the armrest with two fingers pointing towards the ceiling.

"Be devoured by the dragon."

True to his words, a large dragon appeared made of solid darkness. It flew towards the airborn intruders ready to devour them.

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
Michael

As expected, she didn't waste time with words. Allowing a sigh in what little time he had left, Michael waited for the last possible instant before moving, one arm darting out as if to divert the strike just like last time only to seamlessly wrap around the arm Oren was striking with. His other hand found her hip, the motion holding no more hostility to it than a wave of greeting, Michael intent on using her momentum to carry her off the ground.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 01:23:05 AM by I_care_not_till_I_must »
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Vanguard

"Indeed, pathetic." He replied calmly as he spun mid air, avoiding the charge by a hair's breath while delivering a savage electrical kick to the dragon's eye. Impressive, and quite rapid. But it was all lukewarm.

He had seen such power so many times it bored him. A lukewarm ability of a lukewarm man raised in a lukewarm world. A jester had indeed been lacking ever since he gouged that demon's heart. Perhaps its next trick would be to splash them with water.

The blast was monstrous, a clash not only of might but of energies. As mighty as the dragon was, even a giant would be sent staggering back with such a precise blow devoid of pity.

And landing gracefully, the warrior just stood there, as calm as a lake yet as violent as a viper.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Oren

Her response was immediate. She shifted into her Lycan form to loosen the grip before instantly shifting back and pulling her arm back with a sudden jerk with the small amount of space she'd been given. As she was lifted up her arms lashed out with one fist going for the face and the other for the neck with efficient, rapid blows right before her feet kicked out to try and kick off of the immortal.

Thedoctor

William

His dragon was seemingly effortlessly brushed aside. While this might have cause panic in a lesser mage, it was nothing but a flashy technique meant to impress crowds. It was far from the best he could do.

"It seems I underestimated you. Not that it matters as you will die soon anyway."

He rose from his throne as his aura was released, washing over them like an ocean. The room started shaking. Perhaps it would even collapse as creaking sounds could be heard from the walls. That never came to pass as the intial overwhelming flow mellowed out after a few moments. darkness enveloped his fist in a far greater concentration than before as he slahed at the man who had dispatched his dragon.

"Darkness Slash

The wave of absolute darkness tore through the room, destroying everything in it's path.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Erica

The construct carefully analyzed and watched as the battle started to pick up. As the torrent of shadow tore through the room towards them she dashed to the side and launched herself into the air with a forceful burst of movement. Then the Mantle unfurled into the Needle and fired a hail of projectiles at the man's vital points.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile

Petra

This situation was just damn too chaotic. Fucking grave robbers. While bullets couldn't jackshit to her, she'd prefer to not get hit by one and shatter her facade of mundanity. She had a plan in case Liam was in real danger: knock him out by surprise so he wouldn't know that she was behind that, take out those guys, stabilize him enough for her to drag him to a hospital and let doctors take care of the rest. But she couldn't do that when she was still unsure about the situation. Maybe he was a better shot than them.

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Medaka Kurokami

Medaka stopped behind Rikuyo once more, her bones broken and her body aching.  She turned her head to face Rikuyo.  "Satisfied?  The nice thing about these vampire powers is I can fight all day if my will is strong enough.  However, I would rather not use this move over and over again.  Destroying my body repeatedly is not pleasant, even if it fixes itself now."  She said, now turning her whole body to face the animal girl.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile

Mordred

Oh, yeah, if she did it too fast, maybe she would lose prematurely? She should calm down, and stall a little for time. "Oh, right, maybe I should drink my tea first, then." Her stomach won't burst open if some of food gets already through by the time she finishes the drink.

Auspicious Breeze

Breeze was just past halfway through the bowl and most of the way through her bread by the time Sakura finished. It was all about pacing! By eating at a quick but steady rate the Solar could keep her body from registering that she'd had too much food and keep enjoying more of it. Not that half a bowl was enough to fill this big girl up!

Mordred looked like she was doing pretty good too! She was curious what'd happen if they all won. She'd owe Sakura a favor, those two would have to feed her dessert, and ... bleh, she wouldn't be able to flirt with cute girls the rest of the day if Mordred won! Breeze picked up the pace a bit.

IRON=SAKURA

Sakura idly munched on a bread roll, leaning back into her chair, waiting for the two to finish eating their soup so they could move onto the next portion. She kicked her legs, squirmed, and looked generally antsy. She really was quite hungry right now. She ended up reaching over and stealing one of Mordred's rolls, shoving it into her mouth before the woman could steal it back.

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Rikuyo

Rikuyo depowered down to her base form. She was already satisfied with the outcome of that bout.

"It takes me 3 days to get better after my strongest move. Destroying body? I'm overloading my soul just to surpass my limits for like half a minute!" Medaka simply wasn't nearly as enough insane as Rikuyo was. Speaking of souls... "Wait, ya don't just smell of Shinobu, where I sensed that before... Oh, the ramen guy! Did you eat him or something?"

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
HospitNoel

Noel fired Bolverk again at the mass of gas, intending on shooting it until it was dead.

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
the ward

The creature never stood a chance. It didn't get even a chance to properly worry about Gadreel's sword preventing it putting itself together when Noel fired another barrage at it. A loser it was after its 'ascension' as it was in its mortal life.

Probably it was only matter of time for other spawn of that madwoman to get eradicated. Not with those 'stagnant lifeforms' that were in fact on the top.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 04:13:06 PM by Kat »

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
Malcolm

Malcolm groaned as he dozed under the effects of the morphine. It wasn't much, but the medicine and magic had long since brought him back to near consciousness. Whoever wrote his name in, it sure was nice to have the VIP treatment. He got a lollipop at least, so he wasn't going to complain. As long as he didn't move and resisted his urge to stretch, he shouldn't be yelling his lungs out any time soon.

Suddenly, he heard the door creak open. Good grief, a visit already? Just as he was about to doze off, talk about timing. Grinning, the poor Malcolm resigned himself and sighed. This was going to be a long day.

"Well butter my butt and call me biscuit, mister officer here's bringing me a flower. Didn't have to, but thanks anyway." He said sarcastically, despite pretty much his entire lower body going please let me die. At least he could still talk and had enough oxygen in his brain to try to be witty.

With a friendly look he moved his hand slightly, the most he could manage at the moment, and waved at the girl from earlier.

"Yo. Sorry about the mess, I make a pitiful looking patient, don't I? Good grief, being so pathetic in front of a charming darling like you, I've really done it now." Suddenly, almost as if he changed entirely, his tone turned much more serious.

"I take you're not here just to give me your condolences, right?"

Henry Barthow

As soon as the guy was done with his introduction, Henry walked past Noel to have a closer look at him, showing an austere mask. If he was fine enough to joke around, then he was fine to be interviewed.

"No. Sorry about this." the detective said, rubbing the side of his neck uncomfortably. "We're here to talk about the bastard that put you here. No matter how your recounting overlaps with others', detailing your experience with the man would be a helpful contribution."

True or not, the sheer stock value of that last sentence was enough to make someone like Henry hold back a cringe.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 05:44:09 PM by YOLF »
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Julius

While the monster blabbered incessantly, taking its time to launch the attack, Julius had plenty time to actually reload his weapon while blessing gunpower. Basically this monster made his fate worse.

Bless this gunpowder and grant that we may use it in your service and for the good of all your people.

Father, we praise you through Christ our Lord.

Amen!

As the burst of air neared him, his gun was ready to shoot a silver bullet enhanced further because the gunpowder that propelled it was blessed by powers that be. He would shoot through that 'bubble' and get the monster that fired it.