Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - June 23, 2016—April 02, 2018  (Read 42528 times)

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Erica

"I deny nothing. To love, that means everything to me. The yearning in my chest gives me more life and happiness than anything else. But I will not chase after something that cannot be seized. When she decides to speak with me again, then I will seek her out." Her Claws shifted into a chair and she sat down. It was an almost thoughtful posture that she settled into.

How to explain it... It took her a little while to think of what to say. "To love is the greatest gift I could have. I do not need to have it reciprocated. It would be wonderful, greater than anything else, but if it will happen it will only be because she willed it. Otherwise... her happiness is my happiness."

She looked down for a moment, and when she looked back up she almost deluded herself into thinking her locks were a beautiful blonde. It must have been the tears in her eyes. How odd. She didn't remember concentrating the aura into liquid. "If she were to die... how could I regret anything? I existed in a dull, everlasting fog, and then I saw the sun. As long as I can remember that moment I could never regret. How could one regret learning what it means to live? The opportunity alone is worth more than all the stars. I can't even imagine... What pitiable creature could forget the beauty its first sunrise? The taste of life? Even if it amounted to nothing it would still be here with me. Always"

Erica had so much more to say. Words upon words upon words, but the ideas fumbled about and confused themselves. The feeling, the speech of just a moment before was lost. And she was the Spirit Vessel once more.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Vanguard

Seeing the puppet cry, Vanguard couldn't help but be surprized. But the shock from this pitiful sight soon turned into anger, which then turned into something even he couldn't recognize.

Envy.

A cold shiver ran down Vanguard's spine. As someone who had loved more than anyone in the world, the familiar notion of betraying oneself for one's love was chilling. He didn't know why, these gestures were utterly void of meaning or usefulness, but seeing her cry reminded him of something he had wished to forget.

Thank you.

But he would never forget, he could never forget. That was his punishment, even now he paid the price for forsaking his own heart. Would she too suffer just like how he once did and forever would? No. Unforgivable, unacceptable. The mere thought that a wretch like him could comfort something pure, something beautiful, it was absurd. He had nothing to gain from any of this, these feelings of his were worthless garbage that only dragged him down. There was no point, no purpose to any of it.

But it didn't matter.

He would reject her answer with all his being.

When he moved, he didn't feel like himself anymore. It was an annoying, unpleasant feeling, just like the one of being drunk. For a moment, he did not control his vessel any longer, it wasn't him who was holding Erica so. He couldn't even tell what he was thinking any longer, only one person in this entire Nexus had made him feel like this, held him like this.

"That is wrong." He said softly, cajoling Erica to console her. "You seem to be under the delusion that love is something you can compromise on. How could you regret anything? Nonsense, how could you not? You can deceive yourself, but you cannot deceive me. What your mouth says you yearn and what your heart yearns are mutually exclusive. To love you make each other happy, it isn't something you can half do. But you're only playing. Playing at fighting, playing at romance, playing at youth. I am happy, you are truly just like me. Erica."

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile

Mordred

For the love of, if it was Hetap or Nuka Cola Quantum, she would deck Sakura right into her face no matter what. But she couldn't care less about rolls.

"Oh, I guess stolen food doesn't count against me, right, Breeze?" It wasn't her fault that this oaf knew no restraint.

Auspicious Breeze

"... right."

Something about seeing someone else steal food lit a fire under the Solar's butt, though. Well not really a fire but it meant she was eating a lot faster! Back before she had real people skin Breeze sometimes had to deal with other gladiators trying to steal her rations; her mistress had tried to get her to eat slower and enjoy her food more, but Breeze's natural speed was 'gobble it up!' The bowl and bread were soon gone, and she was letting out a sigh and patting her belly.

IRON=SAKURA

"Hehe, you're not doing two badly, Mord. You too, Breeze~" Sakura said to them both. "I wonder when the main course, ah..." She was about to say is going to come, but then, as if on cue, came out the same slender-looking waitress, carrying out three gargantuan slabs of meat, heavily seasoned to perfection with a heaping side of mashed potatoes with gravy covering the entire thing. She also placed Sakura's immense drink down in front of her, who began laying into it and chugging the giant mug.

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Erica

Her composure regained, the construct returned to her cool and restrained tone. "Enough," she said with utter finality. Then with both hands Erica pushed Vanguard off of her and back into lying down on the bed. She applied the force for a little while longer, just to make sure he would not resist.

"Vanguard, if you are like me then you know better than to attempt to convince me to stray from my course. But we aren't. I know because I don't see it in you. That longing and gratitude. So you have never loved as I do, or you have forsaken your love. If it is the former there is nothing more to speak of, but if it is the latter then... What would you give to love again? To feel that longing once more?" She lifted her hands off of him and let them rest by her side.

"I am happy beyond measure. Do you even remember that joy, in full? I can. It fills me even now. If there is something more to be gained that is for her to decide, not me. Now rest." Her eyes watched him with a dispassionate frigidness.

Oren

Maybe Stick Man's brain rotted away? Oren clearly needed to revise her theory that intelligence and experience came hand in hand. That meant she'd have to study on her own time. Bleh. "Bleh. It's not like anything. Do you ask yourself what it's like to be Stick Man? You don't. It's just a state of being. There's no beginning or end to it if you're a good enough faker, and I'm one of the best!"

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Vanguard

Was she truly a fool? Of course he hadn't forgotten, how could he? The pain of what he had lost was as fresh in his mind as yesterday, it was a scar that ran far too deep into his being. It had molded him, made him what he had become, it could never be healed. It could never be forgotten. Her question was just as stupid. What would he give? Nonsense.

He had nothing to give, as the one who had lost everything to fate, he could no longer love anything.

His answer was obvious, even now it hadn't changed. Despite the futility of it all, his heart and actions had always been the same. He would do the one thing he could do, the one thing he had always done. He would fight, even if it meant destroying that man completely. This world was diseased, rotten to the core. He would be the cure.

"Pathetic." He scoffed, lying in his bed and staring at the ceiling again. It seemed he wouldn't be able to sleep peacefully just yet.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Mordred

She got entangled with another monster, except that instead of getting crushed or beaten up she was now forced to commit grave crimes against her own stomach. She had always some amaranthines and bloodapples to heal up some damage, but that wouldn't help her keeping the food. She did have some petals of tiger mallow, but she had to be careful not to overdo or she would feel very drained.

The waitress brought finally her tea, and Mord thought of dropping a small portion of tiger mallow into the cup. If stealing food wasn't condemned, then maybe she would help her body cope better with such enormous meal. While those two would be preoccupied with eating, she would add tiger mallow into her own drink.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Boss

Before long, a finely tailored man dressed in formal business attire walked towards the table. It looked he had arrived on time, or perhaps he had been here all along. Shining leather boots gleamed along with his sunglasses, and his fierce red hair had just been dressed for the occasion, cropped back in a fashionable manner with the finest hair gel available.

Most striking of all was the Gucci wristwatch he carried on his left hand, fine silver with an antique feel to it. Perhaps it was the ensemble of his refined features and calm, fierce gait that gave the man an alluring feel. Even if he wasn't someone important, it didn't mean he wouldn't dress importantly. Especially not for this occasion.

"Good afternoon Mrs. Matou." He said with a warm smile, letting his freckles pop out from his dimples. Much like a proper businessman, he held out his hand and shook hers in a professional, robust manner, yet it was not without refinement.

Sakura Matou

Sakura stook up and shook his hand. His grip was firm and confident. Good. Sakura nodded to him before she sat back down. "Good afternoon, Mr. Boss." She said to him without even raising an eyebrow at the obvious alias. "Please, sit down."

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
HospitNoel

After Noel got the confirmation that the monster had been removed from the premises, she pulled out some handcuffs and slapped them on Gadreel with an apology, muttering something about procedure as she led him out of the building. As she left the building, she met up with the two outside, with some evil-looking newcomer.

"We executed the abomination without much of an issue." She told Larry. "There was only one casualty, a nurse who I was forced to kill after the monster began to mutate the poor girl." She didn't need to say what needed to be done with it. She knew this man had probably dealt with this sort of action countless times before.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile

Larry

"I see. We will handle the rest from now on." The retired officer said to the blonde Elite. He would have his men check on survivors up there and then contact an appraiser to evaluate material losses. Probably a judge would need such report if he sentenced that telepath to pay a fine. "Alright, men, let's go."

A male and female guard were still observing the situation from the second floor as Larry and other guards left the scene.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Erica

She didn't say anything else. There was no need to. They were both too stubborn to ever truly relent on their respective viewpoints. Instead she simply found a place to sit and waited patiently.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Boss

Straight to the point, he liked that. Nodding, he followed her lead and sat down.

"Have you pondered on my request?" He asked simply, not willing to waste any more words on this than it was necessary.

Vanguard

Truthfully, Vanguard couldn't find rest. It was to be expected, even now he still hadn't reached that inner peace required to slumber. Perhaps he was afraid of the nightmares that would come when he closed his eyes, or even more horrifying, that he would find himself sealed in that mountain once more when he opened them. That all of this, these months spent here, were nothing but a dream, an hallucination meant to deceive him.

Hmph, how foolish.
Even now it didn't matter. Whether the world was real or not, whether he was real or not, even as a memory or a figment he still existed. He could see, he could touch this bed, and to his mind it was real. If he couldn't see it it didn't exist, if he couldn't understand it it was obsolete. The truth of this world was only limited to himself, because it was the only thing he still had.

If it didn't have a meaning, he'd make one up. Until the heavens would be within reach, he could wait a little longer.

Barely an hour passed and the machine rose from the bed, not even bothering to look at Erica, as if it was but a pebble in the side of his road. He reached the kitchen and opened the refrigerator, and what he saw he did not like.

"What is this?" He asked irritably.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 09:43:21 PM by francobull3 »

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Medaka Kurokami

Medaka tilted her head at Rikuyo's question.  "That raman guy?  Wait, do you mean To- Teddy?"  She said stumblining on his name.  Its been months and Toe's sudden change was still hard to process.

The blue haired vampire looked down, her eyes suddenly seeming tired.  "I sold my soul to him.  That is our relationship.  Its strange.  Ever since this morning, there has been this sensation, like a tugging in my soul.  I.... I hope nothing happened to him."  She said somberly, a sense of worry filled her voice.

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
Michael

Michael allowed a slight frown as he considered Oren's words. In spite of what he'd just said, he found himself at least toying with the possibility of giving it a try, but there was something a bit more important to tend to. A disembodied hand burst from the staff lying on the ground, propelling it into the immortal's waiting hands as he laid it across his lap once more, keeping one hand on it nonetheless.

"Well, I'm not foolish enough to argue that," Michael said with a smile that seemed a bit out of place on his face all of a sudden, "But I must ask how you've been keeping yourself sharp. Assuming that you even need the practice, anyway."
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile

Rikuyo

How stupid. You had to be not right in head to discard the most priceless possession of any individual. The carefree attitude of the redhead evaporated in an instant. Strangely, she even dropped that accent straight out of Japanese boonies.

"Why are you worried about someone who owns your soul?!" Rikuyo yelled at Medaka. "And no, don't give me any fucking explanation why you did it, I will only get more more mad if I hear that out. Are you really alright with living under his shadow? I'm going to go and make him cough up his soul out of you. I won't allow someone like you to live like that."

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Medaka Kurokami

Medaka stepped back, taken by the redhair girls sudden burst of passion.  She held her hands up in a gesture mirroring surrender.  "Its alright.  Shinobu is bonded with the other half of my soul so its not as though he is in possession of all of it.  Furthermore, it was my fault.  I made a foolish deal in my most desperate hour.  I deserved it.  Besides..."  She trailed off, looking past Rikuyo.  "His eyes.  They seemed lonely."