Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - June 23, 2016—April 02, 2018  (Read 42561 times)

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Liam

The man let out a painful sound like a ruffled turkey as he went down, and one of his hands dropped his flashlight while he reached for his throbbing leg. He still had the gun in his other hand, though.

The vampire holding his comrade nodded once at the excellent show of technique before pushing his guy up against the wall and bringing his foot down on the guy's knee. It snapped with a nice loud *crack*. It was downright satisfying, hearing that sound. "It's what you get for shootin' in a lady's direction, fellas."

He plucked the gun out of the scavenger's hand and let him fall to the ground in pain.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile

Petra

"I don't think you particularly need that one." The girl extended her hand in Liam's direction, gesturing at the revolver. Just shooting opponents would be far easier than trying to immensely hold back. Who knew if she'd meet someone mundane of whose bullshit she would be so tired that she'd break him like a chocolate bar.

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Liam

"You got somethin' in mind?" Liam handed her the gun regardless, interested to see what she'd do here. Would she execute them in cold blood? Follow the Ten Commandments and just keep the thing for self-defense? The Lord would forgive self-defense with a bit of penance, but not murder. Not if she made a habit of it.

The vampire casually kicked one of the downed men, who let out a cry and coughed something up. "Don't move. You ain't going anywhere with those busted knees."

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile

Petra

"Nothing in particular. That just saves me money and I don't think he should keep it." She received the gun from Liam. Then, she just straight robbed the guy in pain and took the holster and any ammunition he had left. Wearing a long sweater was useful, she could easily conceal the gun under it. "There's one sole survivor remaining down there? I don't think he'll be a problem for you. Let's finish this, inform the law enforcement anonymously and go to less shady place, maybe."

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Liam

The vampire wasn't sure if he felt relieved or disappointed by Petra's actions: Relieved that she wasn't a sinner who needed to be punished, or disappointed that he didn't have any ground to stand on to justify making her a vampire too. He wasn't making any progress on getting himself some allies, but she was a nice enough sort.

And good in a scrap, if the way that chucklehead she'd capped was writhing about on the ground meant much.

"Na, think he's pretty dead. I shot him first before he could do somethin' foolish like these two. We can head on out when you like."

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Vanguard

"Oh? What fun would it be if I told you? Besides, even if that skull wasn't so empty you wouldn't be able to spell it." He said in lighthearted mockery.

The ingredients were all set, there was no use talking now. But as he tried to remember the recipe, he recalled something.

"That reminds me, you have forgotten something."  He suddenly noted. In truth, he had planned this from the start, this was only the beginning of his revengeance, but her suffering would never end. Spinning dramatically, he cast his cloak aside and revealed himself to be in a generic chef uniform, apron included. For this little experiment, he felt like being adventurous. It should be worth it just to see her reaction.

But most horrifying of all was the artifact he had concealed in his hands. How vile, how scandalous! What kind of sick freak would expect anyone to wear that. Had eons of imprisonment rot his mind to such a degree, or was he crazy all along? To wear such a revealing apron and give in to one's most base urges, it was unfathomable. Inconcievable!!

« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 10:20:52 PM by francobull3 »

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Joshua Knvar

The kick blasted him high in the air, crashing against its body that seemed to crack like purple magma. Why? Why?? He had never done anything wrong, he just wanted to be free. Would he die like this, without ever seeing the sunlight? Damn it, damn all of it! As his body crashed on the floor and stopped moving, the entire world shook and cracked wide open.

Rays of holy sunlight pierced the world of darkness and tore through the shadows, the entire world was crumbling like wet sand. In the end, all of his struggle, all of his wishes, it would all end. That demon would never face justice, it was simply as it was. And as the sun poured down its shine on the demon, it cried.

It was blinding, it was hateful, the whole world stopped moving, or perhaps it was the demon. Either way, he was finished.

With its remaining strength, with every ounce of its will, the demon rose again like a blackened burning figure and glared at that man. And with the last thread of its life, as it crumbled into dust, he opened his mouth and spoke.

"I curse you..." He groaned, but as soon as these words left him his body crumbled once more, just like his word, and in the end there was nothing. The sun would rise again.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile

Petra

The second part of their date wasn't that eventful, but she had fun nonetheless. They went to a restaurant, ate a dinner together, talked about lots of trivial and casual things like hobbies, gave him a kiss on his cheek and they parted ways. She certainly had nothing against dating him again. But before Liam left, he brought up the issue of the job. He recommended her a job as a police officer. She certainly didn't mind even if staying lowkey would be quite a challenge, but maybe she'd actually put that gun to use.

She went through the usual process of recruitment without showing anything special about her. She got an uniform, didn't get a gun because she already had a one (how stingy), and was assigned a patrol schedule during nighttime because maybe they figured out that she wouldn't be missed if a werewolf or a vampire ate her. Anyway, she betrayed those expectations and still survived without revealing anything unusual about her in the process.

During one of those patrols, she chanced upon Liam. She was wearing her blue police uniform with a bullet proof vest hidden underneath that she 'repurposed' for her own use. Scrounging weapons from criminals was okay when nobody was looking around, she rationalized. As someone used to swords, she was more comfortable fighting up close, so she didn't part with her knife. She also wore her hair in a ponytail for convenience and cut it a bit shorter so that it wouldn't interfere with her work in any measure.

"Good evening, Liam. How was the day? I'm doing the graveyard shift since I got the job." She greeted her friend and possibly a future boyfriend. She didn't have yet a chance to get a day off. Otherwise she'd meet up with him or Jeanne.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile

Mordred

"Geez, do I look like someone about to keel over?" If she were to be honest and upfront, she wanted to cheat when she wasn't full yet and unable to digest anything. By now Mord didn't see anything particularly dishonest into using every trick in her sleeve to survive challenges ahead of her. Thankfully Breeze took her side rather swimmingly. "You can't even leave your cities safely while I live in a world that has jungles, forests and thriving ecosystems, so it's normal you don't recognize some plants. Maybe you're too prideful to accept tea from me. You wanted to pay for everything after all. You sure don't want some?"

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Julius

He could curse him all he wanted, but that wouldn't affect him in slightest. He fought for higher stakes than whatever devilish goal the monster had. He fought so that he wouldn't let down his companion. As Julius was placed higher than Kuro in that chamber, he fell down from few meters as the castle disappeared and rolled like a ragdol, adding some more injuries to his battered body. He could maybe crawl a bit, but couldn't effectively move. He counted on that Kuro would wake up from her coma and have enough strength to help him.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Sakura

"A monster?" Sakura asked, her interest rising. "Do you need any help? I can fight."

Sakura knew she had a mission to fulfil, but she couldn't simply ignore a potential threat to innocent civilians. If this man needed help, she would do what she could to assist him. If necessary, she would call in Shirou, too.

Thedoctor

Kuro

A blur.

She came to suddenly as the faint rays of sunlight hit her. As she tried to stand up on her trembling slim trembling legs, she quickly lost her balance and fell face first on the floor again. This is embarassing, come on you can do this. The second time she took it slower, first getting up on her kness and then carefully standing up.

Looking around it appeared like the battle had ended. The evil bastard was nowhere to be seen on the hand the Count was crawling around on the floor a fair distance away. She felt something strange when she looked at him, but she quickly brushed it away. Deeply annoyed for some reason. Kuro did seemingly get some of her energy back as she skipped over to him and crouched down infront of him.

She flashed him a mischievous grin. "Is this what passes for legendary heroes these days?". The young girl paused for a moment, then something changed. Her expression became much more dejected. "I'm sorry I couldn't help you here."

Thedoctor

Jin

No resistance huh? That just makes it boring. He let go of her arms as she submitted to his amazingness. "On another thought all the cells are full at the moment so unfortunately I can't bring you in. But beware, Justice cannot be evaded forever!" There was one thing she seemed to have forgotten though, while they did get their ice cream. Someone else was left with nothing. "Weren't you going to get cookies for Wormy, he looks hungry." Indeed, the pokémon was currently licking at the ice cream he had discarded, not getting much out of it as it melted faster than he could lick.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Boss

"Well, perhaps. But you also need to make sure someone else doesn't hire this intelligence expert, no?"

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Boss

"Well, perhaps. But you also need to make sure someone else doesn't hire this intelligence expert, no?"

Sakura Matou

Sakura snorted at the man. "Please. I don't see why I should care about you getting attached to someone else. Whatever you can do is less than child's play compared to what I can do." Sakura was quickly losing her patience from this man. She simply wanted him to spill his beans and tell her what he could actually do.

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end