Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - June 23, 2016—April 02, 2018  (Read 42573 times)

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile

Rikuyo

One. Two. Three. Four. Just a normal morning. She was so blase about seeing corpse littering the alley. Taking out four guys like them was no achievement. Some fancy dressed city girl was there spacing out until Rikuyo got closer. The figure just radiated malice directed towards her. If she perhaps thought that should be the fifth body to fall to the ground, then she gravely underestimated her.

"This ain't your blood on your kimono. Wow, takin' out four thugs with switchblades, must've been fun for ya." Rikuyo said with a hint of sarcasm, resting her left arm on her hip. She kicked aside one of bodies which crashed into the wall with a loud thud. "So, whatcha want? I'm not partin' with my soda."

Rikuyo was fairly satisfied after fighting Medaka, and if there wasn't more to that city girl with a sword, then she was in no rush to entertain herself.

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Muramasa Katase

"Hmm?" Pride? In this little meal? What an absurd notion this rude girl was suggesting. "Oh, there was no challenge in this. I suspect you would be much more fitting in that regard than they were." She turned her blade aside while absorbing the last of the blood clinging to it. Incidentally it meant that Katase was blocking the way through the alley.

Her puppet's eyes turned to the bags with the aforementioned beverages. "Do you have any tea in there?"

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile

Minato

Minato being a lone woman with no official father to her future children probably needed some support other than Katase in her life. And given that she was quite as busy as she was and had little time for looking actively to men, she put an advertisement on the net. Without at least some mark in the internet this age one practically didn't exist as a person, and a total anonymity was detrimental to maintaining her public facade.

Katase naturally ran off somewhere like she did occassionally. Minato guessed that she couldn't exactly satisfy her bloodlust completely. There was a difference between an assassin and a serial killer after all. She was subtle and discriminate where Katase didn't care much where the blood flowed, just that it flowed.

Of course, while she lamented that there were no Japanese people at the dating site, someone looking normal out of the masses of eccentric and dangerous people would be better than hooking up with someone from East Asian district. She didn't want to deal with that place except for business matters. So, she picked the most mundane guy she could find for her first dating attempt.

After exchanging some messages, she agreed on the place of meeting and arrived at the cafe. The man sitting there matched photo and description, and thus she approached and greeted him. "Good afternoon, Joe-san." Weird, he only stated his given name in the advertisement.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile

Petra

"Yeah, that's why I was unable to contact you. This is a rough job with little free time, but I'll soon have some days off." Well, he had fun that time, after all. Maybe he was up for another date with her. "I have a fair warning for you. I know you can handle yourself in a fight, but I heard that things started getting rough again. More drug dealers around. Probably more tough hoodlums than those three in those ruins."

After all gangs with access to money generated by drug businesses had access to better hardware than your run-off-the mill thugs.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile

Rikuyo

"Huh, ya wanna rob me? Nah, nah, I don't drink tea." She put the bag on the ground, unceremoniously fished out a can of beer from it, took it into her hand and shotgunned the beer quickly. Then she threw the can into a dumpster without even looking behind. "So, ya city girl, wanna play? Ya can play a tsugijiri all ya want, but do ya have it in yerself to go against folks from the North? Give it a try."

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
Michael

Until recently, his travels through the city had failed to take him anywhere interesting. Of course, that changed when he came across a curious young woman who looked like someone straight out of that Asian ward, complete with the nice clothes and sheathed sword. What was curious, though, was the bloodlust that he could feel practically oozing off of her. Hiding his own presence had become second nature to the immortal by now, but under normal circumstances it simply rendered him as unassuming as the next guy, though this would suffice for now.

Nonetheless, it was odd. The hostility was unmistakable, but there was something off about it, something Michael found himself having trouble putting his finger on. Deciding that he had nothing better to do with his time at the moment, the immortal stepped off into a side alley after he passed the curious girl by before enhancing himself enough to leap up to rooftop level. Doubling back, the immortal watched the streets below as she happened across what looked like a small skirmish between some gangers. Unsurprisingly, she proceeded to butcher the lot, though the skill with which she moved was at least a bit of a treat to watch.

Deciding he wanted to see how this played out without risking being noticed, the immortal took a moment to withdraw into himself, a moment's focus being all it took for him to still his presence completely, his very existence no different from the silent rustling of a wheat field in the wind.

To his further curiosity, the blade almost seemed to be...taking something. Not just their blood, but a faint twinge of an instinct long lost to modern men warned him of something more. Not to mention that there was something strange about the sword. Upon closer examination, it seemed as if the hostilty was coming from the sword just as much as from the woman, if not more so.

Before he could ponder that for too long, however, who should show up but Rikuyo, now sporting a monkey tail. A smirk came to the immortal's face at the sight. Perhaps she wouldn't be of much use in his plans, but he nonetheless owed her a rematch, and a wild card always made things interesting regardless. Putting aside the temptation to go down there right then and there, Michael simply watched as the woman positioned herself to block Rikuyo's path, his eyes lighting up as he wondered what he'd see from them today. Perhaps he couldn't make use of Rikuyo, but he couldn't be certain about this woman yet.
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Joe

Joe walked inside the cafe.  His phone was being pretty slow.  He grabbed a menu from the counter and sat down.  Just as he was finally getting his mind off of his date, she appeared before him.

"Good afternoon, Joe-san."  She said in a sweet polite voice.

He looked up.  Shoot.  She looks better in person.  Uhh lets see.  Probably best to be polite and gentlemanly.  He thought as he met her gentle gaze.  With a sudden burst of energy, he shot up from his chair.  Then he composed himself and calmly walked over to her chair.  He pulled it out from under the table.  "Please sit down."

Shoot!  Calm down man.  If anime has taught me anything, Japanese women like men with composure.  Wait no.  Maybe they have a soft spot for loser nerds...

He walked back to his own seat.  I cant think too hard.  Just try to converse.

"You know.  The sandwiches here are great.  I was thinking of buying a panini.  Feel free to order whatever you want.  I am more than happy to pay."  He said with a friendly smile, his excitement lighting up his face a bit.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 03:41:02 AM by yinsukin »

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Erica

Salvation? For everyone? Humans could be such strange and unreasonable creatures. Still, she supposed that the sentiment was understandable to some extent considering the circumstances that influenced him. If she was going to vanish perhaps she too would attempt to relive that warmth again.

She shifted ever so slightly. Or perhaps she would simply relive her memories of those times forever. Until her mind finally decayed and anything that was Erica was gone. But that, like many forms of human rambling, was worth absolutely nothing for it would never happen. So there was no point in considering it.

With that in mind Erica flawlessly followed every single instruction given to her to perfection.Of course, her experience with Vanguard' previous eccentric nature left her entirely lacking in surprise at his comment. "I have followed all instructions to my maximum capacity." That was all that needed to be said.

Oren

From her post on a nearby building Oren watched the encounter very carefully. Her bushy tail swayed as she stood on her hind legs and chattered. Maybe following this girl wasn't a good idea? Common sense may have said no, but all the skins that she had draped over herself and into her pretty much told her yes yes yes. And skins never lied. So this was a great idea!

But it would be a little bad if her unknowing helper in the donation of skin died. Then she might have to do it herself, and if she did it herself Breeze might find out, and if Breeze found out Breeze might get mad. So she threw her half gnawed acorn at the person badgering the katana wielder like a good helping hand before scattering back across the roofs.

Then she turned back into goo and then into Oren. From an entirely different vantage point on the side of a building the Fae peered down with every bit of stealth and grace she could manage. She was really going to work on that whole clothes thing again later. Bleh.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Vanguard

"Yes, it is strange. I thought I had followed the recipe flawlessly, but the flavor... it's all wrong." He answered, shaking his head before taking another fingerful and stuffing Erica's mouth with it. Upon tasting it, the man's remark seemed more and more utterly absurd. The flan was not just flawless, it was delicious. Even in a city as large and diverse as the Nexus, the probability of tasting such a good flan was very slim.

"See?" He asked with genuine concern. "It lacks that punch, like a kick in the teeth. The tangy indescribable dark flavor smashing your taste buds, the sort of irreplaceable feeling melting down your tongue before leaving nothing but ash. There's no way to explain it with words, but this is different."

Good grief. It seemed his cooking skills, just like his fighting skills, still left much to be desired.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 03:21:23 AM by francobull3 »

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Muramasa Katase

The sword's puppet frowned. "Well, I was considering it; it appears you have nothing to my liking on you. However..." It turned an arm to hold the Muramasa in an overhand position parallel to the rest of its puppet's body. "I do believe I 'have it in me' for this."

kill

It smiled for its next victim, and moved to cut her down in a single slash to the neck with inhuman speed. The puppet's flesh held together in the face of the movement, bound together by demonic energy.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Erica

According to her societal handbook violating the mouths of others was a significant violation of social norms. But the flan did taste rather delicious she supposed. Perhaps it was a flaw of human memory? An issue of longing rather than substance? 'No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart.' She had read of such things as she enrolled herself into these 'humanities' courses. It was prudent to understand the beings you would spend most of your time with, even if she often disagreed with what was said.

"Does it truly lack such a thing? Nostalgia can make a sensation more vibrant and expressive in memory than it ever was in reality."

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Sakura

Sakura nodded affirmatively, agreeing to his request. After all, whilst she was competent in close combat, it was certainly not her speciality. When in battle, Shirou usually took that role, with Sakura focussing on supporting him with her magic and her weaponry. Further, as much as she wanted to save people, she also certainly did not wish to get herself killed pointlessly. Her current life was better than anything she could ever have dreamed of as a child, and she knew how devestated Shirou would be if she died.

"No problem", she said with a smile. "I am better as a support fighter anyway."

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
 Vanguard

Vanguard listened carefully and laid his unsullied finger on his chin. He pondered for a while before sighing and shrugged.

"Perhaps not. Truth be told, it has been so long I have cooked or eaten such a thing, I'm afraid I have no comparison other than the memory in my heart. Oh well."

When you had seen what he had seen, when you had lived such a uselessly long life, you knew when to fold the cards. He'd get it next time. Without regard or care, he took a Noel themed blanket and spread it on the ground in order to have somewhere to set all these plates onto. The desserts would be ready by the time they finished.

"Don't worry, I won't sit on her face." He said before setting two pillows on the edges of the blanket and sitting on one. All that was left for him was to stretch, take a deep breath and admire the fruit of his labor.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 08:45:50 PM by francobull3 »

Thedoctor

Shinobu

The blond vampire could be found sitting on top of thoroughly ruined counter. Not surprising in the least considering how hard Ron had went at her, the poor thing couldn't take it and now sported a broken off edge and the whole thing was tipping sideways, looking as if it was gonna tip over at any time. The fact she could even remain seated at all was astounding. What couldn't be seen at first was that she was actually the one keeping it stable with her acute sense of balance.

Getting back to what was happening, the vampire was sitting on top of it while munching on some of the last remaining doughnuts. A bright smile adorned her face, whether or not that was from the intense session earlier or the tasty delights was anyone's guess. Completely lost in her enjoyment, Shinobu kept eating without a care in the world.

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Liam

He knew exactly the sort Petra was talking about here. "Yeah, I've heard of those knuckleheads. Been sellin' all kinds of uppers to other gangs and downers to the locals." The look on Liam's face was pretty irritable from the subject. He was gonna go after that bunch next once he was sure nobody was causing trouble on his street. Then something caught his eye. "That the same gun we got from those punks the other night? Cops didn't give you nothin' better?"