Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - June 23, 2016—April 02, 2018  (Read 42785 times)

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
Henry Barthow

If it was possible to have a stare so flat it lacked any vertical deviation, which made a plain seem so crude by comparison that it would seem like the Himalayas from the sheer dubious annoyance seeping out of it, the detective was doing his best impression of it.

"I didn't make the rules," He stated, like he was declaring the color of the sky that day. "And I'm giving you a really cheap deal, for the record."
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Malcolm Kimberlee

"Suuuuuuuure." He yawned, almost as if he didn't believe him at all. Even from a blood and piss stained bed, it almost looked like he was looking down on the crazy detective, as if he was just humoring a silly kid's fantasy.

Suddenly, he blinked flatly just as he remembered something.

"Um, how am I supposed to sign it?"

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Ron

He wasn't expecting any of that from Medaka, especially the kiss on the forehead, but he patted her on the head and nodded when she moved to leave with those teary eyes of her's. Ron smiled a bit to reassure her. "Don't worry, I'm pretty hard to kill. See you soon, Medaka." The werewolf watched her go while running everything she mentioned through his head a few times just to make sure he had it down. When she turned the corner he let out a breath he didn't know he was holding, and moved to start his own search. He wasn't going to let her down, not after that earnest display of her's.

Let's start with the restaurants, then. Might as well grab some meat while I'm at it...

So he walked around looking for somewhere to eat and ask around, and hopefully get some answers. He checked his wallet, first to make sure it was still there and second to see how much he had. "That should be enough- oh! Excuse me." If not for his hearing he might have walked right into someone's back. He sniffed imperceptibly and took a step back. Two someone's, purple hair, didn't look dyed, one of them was pregnant. They looked pretty lost. "Do the two of you need some help? I know it can be pretty easy to get lost here."

Sakura Matou

Sakura quickly turned around with a surprised look on her face, clearly not having expected to have to talk to a stranger. However, the young woman quickly composed herself and smiled at the young man.

"Ummm, maybe. It depends. Do you know any good places to eat around here?" Sakura asked the man, resting her hands on her engorged belly.

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Panda

• Panda
  • Alter Ego
  • Deal with it. B-)
    • View Profile
Michael

Michael watched as Newface responded to the blast with a series of blasts of his own, enough to cancel out the immortal's attack and send the wave continuing on towards Michael. Thought the immortal dodged this attack with the same ease as he'd dodged the first, of greater interest was what happened at the moment that their attacks had clashed. At that very moment, it was as if the sun had momentarily been blotted out, darkness covering the sky. It had passed just as soon as it arrived, but Michael nonetheless felt the pangs of anticipation clawing at him.

Unfortunately for Michael, Newface promptly stated that he wasn't responsible for that, the other man's shift in demeanor erasing any thoughts Might might have had about this being a falsehood. Frowning again, the immortal planted his staff in the ground, leaning on it a little as he watched the other man. The interruption had been a bit of a mood-killer, to be honest, and he didn't really want to kill Newface anyway.

"Well, I don't know about you, but that ruined the mood for me," the immortal said nonchalantly, as if their fight was a simple spar, "Get going, we can do this another time, and they're probably going to finish up soon anyway."
[8:49:50 AM] Daniel Mahan: He can still get RAEG
[8:49:52 AM] Daniel Mahan: Just better at not loosing his marbles over it.
[8:50:09 AM] Helligator:> losing his marbles over it
                                      I seeeee what you did there

[11:00:22 PM] francobull III: elf, will you do rin?
[11:00:33 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I would love to do Rin!
[11:00:39 PM] Jennifer Bratcher: I'd bend her over and . . .
[11:00:45 PM] francobull III: woah woah

francobulli'd - Today at 4:53 PM
i litterally
said
FORCE
not penetration
sheesh

Sakura Today at 7:09 PM
don't see anything that triggers my gm senses

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
IRON=SAKURA

"Oh, um... Thanks... I guess." Sakura said awkwardly, averting her eyes. She'd never really considered herself cute, really. She didn't really see how any man would consider a several-ton superhuman monstrosity like herself cute. Other than Tager, but her dad didn't really count. He was even bigger and more ridiculous than her, after all. She could get cool, maybe, but cute?

Tears began to stream out of her eyes, and she didn't understand why.

Auspicious Breeze

"You're welcome!" She said it with a big smile, but then something went wrong.

Oh. Oh crap, did I just make a girl cry?! No no no no, this isn't right! Auspicious Breeze did not make girls cry, that was the worst possible thing she could do right now. Something was very wrong here if just that was enough to make Sakura get upset, and here and now wasn't a good place to ask. So before it could get worse Breeze just moved her chair and sat it down next to Sakura and put a friendly arm around her.

IRON=SAKURA

Sakura appreciated Breeze's show of comfort, but she wasn't really feeling sad at all. She had a warm fuzzy feeling in her heart. A good feeling.

"I'm cute, huh?" Sakura muttered. She didn't really believe that it could be true, but if Breeze said so, it must be true. She didn't seem like the sort who would lie.

Knowing it was true made her feel really good, though.

Suddenly, Sakura grabbed Breeze in a hug, and pulled her close with strength that may or may not have been a bit excessive. "Thanks." She said with a smile, still crying.

Auspicious Breeze

The return hug almost caught her off guard and choked her out, but Breeze was prepared! She had a keen instinct for potential danger, so she made sure to reinforce herself as best she could right before Sakura did that. That way it was just a regular tight squeezy hug and not a 'ow my ribs got crushed' hug!

"Ah, hehe, you're welcome!" She patted Sakura on the back a couple times.

And then dessert showed up. Chocolate cake ice-creamy dessert goodness.

IRON=SAKURA

As soon the food arrived at the table, Sakura remembered her promise that she'd made on impulse. She instantly released her friend from the bear hug, and deftly grabbed her spoon, twirling it around with two of her fingers before she dug into the ice cream, pulled out a big spoonful, and finally brought it right up to Breeze's mouth.

"Say ahhhh~"

Mordred

The relative serenity that they had been enjoying was now spoiled by an ominous event. The sky suddenly darkened in a middle of the day, and it was impossible that they could have stayed up too long. While the sky still didn't feel as opressive as when the night turned into a day, around 6 months ago, it still seemed to be a bad omen. No way that it was a natural phenomenon.

But as she stood up and looked at the sky with a visible concern, the sky turned back few moments later. Of course, that didn't calm her much. Something grand like that couldn't be ignored so easily.

"Shit, something or someone is screwing with the sky again? Seems like we'll have our hands full again."

Auspicious Breeze

The Solar completely missed the scary darkness stuff at first. She was too busy opening her mouth and saying 'aahhhh~' with her eyes closed. She let out a sound of pure joy at the chocolate-y, vanilla-y, creamy blend of flavor going on in her mouth. It was so good! And she was being fed by a cute girl so it was even better! Nothing could ruin this kind of moment except sudden violence, or something.

Still, when her eyes opened again she finally noticed how dark it got. "Huh, is this some kind of eclipse...?"

It was definitely short enough to be.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
IRON=SAKURA

"Oh, um... Thanks... I guess." Sakura said awkwardly, averting her eyes. She'd never really considered herself cute, really. She didn't really see how any man would consider a several-ton superhuman monstrosity like herself cute. Other than Tager, but her dad didn't really count. He was even bigger and more ridiculous than her, after all. She could get cool, maybe, but cute?

Tears began to stream out of her eyes, and she didn't understand why.

Auspicious Breeze

"You're welcome!" She said it with a big smile, but then something went wrong.

Oh. Oh crap, did I just make a girl cry?! No no no no, this isn't right! Auspicious Breeze did not make girls cry, that was the worst possible thing she could do right now. Something was very wrong here if just that was enough to make Sakura get upset, and here and now wasn't a good place to ask. So before it could get worse Breeze just moved her chair and sat it down next to Sakura and put a friendly arm around her.

IRON=SAKURA

Sakura appreciated Breeze's show of comfort, but she wasn't really feeling sad at all. She had a warm fuzzy feeling in her heart. A good feeling.

"I'm cute, huh?" Sakura muttered. She didn't really believe that it could be true, but if Breeze said so, it must be true. She didn't seem like the sort who would lie.

Knowing it was true made her feel really good, though.

Suddenly, Sakura grabbed Breeze in a hug, and pulled her close with strength that may or may not have been a bit excessive. "Thanks." She said with a smile, still crying.

Auspicious Breeze

The return hug almost caught her off guard and choked her out, but Breeze was prepared! She had a keen instinct for potential danger, so she made sure to reinforce herself as best she could right before Sakura did that. That way it was just a regular tight squeezy hug and not a 'ow my ribs got crushed' hug!

"Ah, hehe, you're welcome!" She patted Sakura on the back a couple times.

And then dessert showed up. Chocolate cake ice-creamy dessert goodness.

IRON=SAKURA

As soon the food arrived at the table, Sakura remembered her promise that she'd made on impulse. She instantly released her friend from the bear hug, and deftly grabbed her spoon, twirling it around with two of her fingers before she dug into the ice cream, pulled out a big spoonful, and finally brought it right up to Breeze's mouth.

"Say ahhhh~"

Mordred

The relative serenity that they had been enjoying was now spoiled by an ominous event. The sky suddenly darkened in a middle of the day, and it was impossible that they could have stayed up too long. While the sky still didn't feel as opressive as when the night turned into a day, around 6 months ago, it still seemed to be a bad omen. No way that it was a natural phenomenon.

But as she stood up and looked at the sky with a visible concern, the sky turned back few moments later. Of course, that didn't calm her much. Something grand like that couldn't be ignored so easily.

"Shit, something or someone is screwing with the sky again? Seems like we'll have our hands full again."

Auspicious Breeze

The Solar completely missed the scary darkness stuff at first. She was too busy opening her mouth and saying 'aahhhh~' with her eyes closed. She let out a sound of pure joy at the chocolate-y, vanilla-y, creamy blend of flavor going on in her mouth. It was so good! And she was being fed by a cute girl so it was even better! Nothing could ruin this kind of moment except sudden violence, or something.

Still, when her eyes opened again she finally noticed how dark it got. "Huh, is this some kind of eclipse...?"

It was definitely short enough to be.

IRON=SAKURA

Sakura shoved the spoon into her friend's mouth, seemingly oblivious to the sky going apeshit. In reality, she wasn't. She just didn't really give a shit. Especially since it had already gone back to normal. Since it was over so fast, why it happened was essentially irrelevant.

"Here comes the airplane~" Sakura said to Breeze, bringing another spoonful to bear towards her friend's mouth.

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

yinsukin

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Relius Clover

The puppeteer couldn’t help but let loose a smirk.  “You shall be my delivery boy.  On this job, you shall deliver various items for me.  However, you will be targeted as a result.”  He said, continuing his trademark theatrical tone.  His voice exuded an unnerving confidence as he spoke the last line.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Lucy

Oh. Were they getting serious? That would be nice. Lucy was currently engrossed in the incredibly difficult task of clipping her nails to the perfect length and had just looked back up to see who was winning. "If you just need to kill something to fight then I'll give you something."

A Messenger popped out of her chest right at that moment. It fell onto the ground in a heap before she absentmindedly kicked it towards Gadreel. It even shapeshifted itself into a demonic looking lamb for convenience.

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Sakura Matou

Sakura quickly turned around with a surprised look on her face, clearly not having expected to have to talk to a stranger. However, the young woman quickly composed herself and smiled at the young man.

"Ummm, maybe. It depends. Do you know any good places to eat around here?" Sakura asked the man, resting her hands on her engorged belly.

Ron

The werewolf took a quick look around again to get his bearings, checking for any familiar landmarks. It did look vaguely familiar - one of his school friends dragged him to a similar place back in high school. His older brother drove them. And if he remembered right...

"Well, I know the last time I was here there was this really good Halal place on the corner. I was just looking for it myself, so if you don't mind the company on the way?" He smiled and nodded to them. "My name is Ron, by the way. Sorry about almost walking into you."

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Lucy

Oh. Were they getting serious? That would be nice. Lucy was currently engrossed in the incredibly difficult task of clipping her nails to the perfect length and had just looked back up to see who was winning. "If you just need to kill something to fight then I'll give you something."

A Messenger popped out of her chest right at that moment. It fell onto the ground in a heap before she absentmindedly kicked it towards Gadreel. It even shapeshifted itself into a demonic looking lamb for convenience.

Gadreel

The angel raised an eyebrow in bemusement at Lucy's proposal. "I suppose I should have expected this from you. Very well." He carefully drew the cursed sword Dainsleif from its scabbard, and the air distorted around it as it blew across its razor edge. Even from here the wickedness of the blade could be felt, its bloodthirst insatiable.

Somewhere else in the city another demon sword grew irritable at the presence of a competitor.

"Be aware that the wounds you suffer from this blade will not heal." Gadreel tapped the side of the skeleton's fencing implement with the flat of his weapon. Then he cut down the demon goat in a single, painless blow that severed the head from the neck. "And not simply because it ends you like this."

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Lorenzo Remei

Lorenzo's burning heart throbbed with excitement at the feeling of this exhilarating pressure. His eyes glanced down and observed his arms, whose flesh was steadily growing back into its former pristine form. To think it would come to this, a duel between a deadman and an immortal... how interesting.

But he wouldn't lose, because what was once dead could never die. For he had too much to win and too little to lose, thus he wouldn't fall. Nodding, the pirate took three slow, steady steps to the side. Pointing his blade at his enemy's heart, Lorenzo braced himself with an impeccable fencing stance.

"How kind of you, but be aware that this sword's blade is poisoned. The only antidote is a kiss from a fair maiden, but surely a charming devil like yerself can manage. EN GARDE!!"

The pirate dashed like the wind. Deceptive, quick and merciless, his skill with the blade was no mere child's play. With a lightning flash he engaged with a ruthless thrust to the left kidney, but with a flick of the wrist his sword came alive and shot for his chest as if it was a whip.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 01:46:12 AM by francobull3 »

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Gadreel

It was quite unfortunate for the skeleton that Gadreel was immune to poison. In the brief delay between the sword bending around his own, seeking his heart, and penetrating his thick angelic bones, the exile moved his hand. He grabbed the blade and forced it back, losing a couple of fingers in the process, and swept his bloody sword up to sever the skeleton's weapon-wielding arm.

Unconventional weapons called for unconventional strategies. Self-mutilation was ultimately irrelevant; the fingers were already regrowing.

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Lorenzo Remei

Lorenzo gasped, thrilled by his foe's bravery. Incredible, he truly was an immortal monster just like him. His sword arm was severed with a barbaric slash, and yet he chuckled. Surprisingly, a terrifying blast smashed against Gadreel's shoulder without warning, blowing his arm and sword away behind Lorenzo with a brutal explosion.

You are willing to go as far as give your arm for the sake of a woman. As do I.

It was only natural that his familiars would come to his aid in his dire hour of need. After all, he was no brawler or swordsman, but a magician. It was fair for him to use every tool at his disposal, just as he expected his foe to do the same. Both now disarmed, Lorenzo used his other hand to pummel his foe's face with a flaming explosive fist.

"VULCAN SHOCK IGNITION!!"
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 03:07:37 AM by francobull3 »

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Gadreel

The exile's body moved before he could register the pain of his own dismemberment, blood and viscera spilling everywhere. It shifted to the side, just scarcely avoiding the explosively lethal blow from his opponent. He lost some skin, but it scarcely mattered.

His remaining arm clamped down on the enemy's and brought it in against the rest of his body. He pulled and pushed until it broke at the elbow, and finished him off with a sudden headbutt to the skull!

Thedoctor

Shinobu

"That is a dark pillar about to devour the sky faster than I devour doughnuts."

The elder vampire sounded rather casual as she described the phenomenon. It didn't really concern them and that sentiment could be felt in the way she spoke. Not long after she finished her assessment the darkness in the sky begun fading away.  "And now it is fading away....that was most likely either an accident or someone showing off." The vampire added at the end, somehow sounding even more uncaring.

She closed in on Medaka, narrowing the gap until their bodies were almost touching. "Just how are you planning to deal with this? It seems likely that the battle maniac may try to kill him, I would not trust her to respect your wishes. I know what she is capable of."