Author Topic: Cross Effects 3.0 - June 23, 2016—April 02, 2018  (Read 43603 times)

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile

Anastasia

What a weird animal. Hmm, what she was supposed to do now? Would ordering the cat like creature work? I guess learning if her new familiar understood her speech wouldn't hurt. Maybe it could attack and scratch the other animal with its claws.

"Go and scratch your enemy!" She shouted, pointing at Oka's Pokemon, as if she ordered a soldier to follow her orders and decimate the target.

Oka and Pokemon

"Mrow!" The meowth cried out as it rushed forward towards the wooper, clawing at its face. The low-level wooper directly took the attack, crying out in pain.

"Wooper, slam!" She yelled out, ordering it to attack. Before the meowth could run away, the small blue creature slammed its head into the meowth, knocking it to the ground. "Now use mud slap!" She said, telling the wooper to knock dirt into the cat's eyes.

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Thedoctor

Jeanne

"Welcome home Master!"

The French servant was standing in the hallway, eagerly awaiting Sakura's return. "Shirou said he was going to be down, but he probably went back to napping after I left. So how has your day been and where's Rider?" She asked looking a bit fatigued herelf.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 12:00:17 AM by Sinib »

Thedoctor

William

The dark mage had finished his entertaining session with his maid, it appeared that the redhead had snuck away while he had been busy with Lucy. Not that it mattered much, dealing with her was Lucy's issue.

He was now on his way to oversee one of his projects. Admitedly he hadn't expected such a strange variety of people to use that workshop. It seems Vanguard was busy running some game of his. No doubt the old warrior was planning something behind his back, but little did he know he was merely dancing in the palm of his hand.

So as he made his way to Relius' workshop he happened upon a strange sight. Gazing down he saw what looked like your sterotypical killer about to gut someone. Only there was something different about this. The aura, the sheer killing intent being directed at that poor was quite monstrous. This could be fun.

And just like that, the man dropped down in between them with gentle thud. His cloak billowing in the wind as he straightened himself out.

"What a lovely afternoon we have here." Despite the chilling degree of killing intent being leaked the man remained calm, almost unnaturally so as he spoke. "Killing someone right now would totally ruin the mood wouldn't you agree?"

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Sakura and Shirou

Shirou smiled at Sakura's two companions, before taking Paladin's offered hand and shaking it.

"It's a pleasure to meet you", he said, politely, slightly embarrassed by the complement offered to him. "And, please, just call me Shirou. I'm not a knight, I just like to protect people."

Sakura, meanwhile, was still holding onto the cute creature, stroking it as it wagged its tail happily.

"So, Senpai, what is this 'Pokemon' called?" she said, smiling.

"I haven't decided yet", he replied. "After all, he's our pet, so we should both name him."

"Yes, I suppose", Sakura replied with a smile, thinking of possible names for their new pet.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile

Jasey

Huh? Why were Nexus people so damn nosy? This rarely ever happened back at home. People usually did smart things and stayed inside their homes and cars rather than poke at what she was trying to do. And she couldn't even kill him! Well she could. But that wasn't why she was here.

Whatever. She would just do this the old fashioned way. Then her frightening presence intensified and crashed down on the two as she just kept walking. If that didn't stop the buy she would just kill him bop him on the head or something.

Malcolm

The lonesome cowboy was walking back home, only slightly drunk and as dejected as ever. Honestly, after all was said and done, even the whole ordeal with that William guy wasn't as exciting as he first thought. The cheap thrill of being pushed in a corner loses its charm once you get used to it. This whole city was interesting at first, a new experience for him, and he was grateful for a chance to escape his dull monotony once more.

Sadly, what once broke a boring old routine became a new routine, one that didn't leave much excitement anymore. He wanted to play the hero, or go on some grand adventure, or play part in some intricate intrigue.

He didn't care if he had to make an enemy out of some divine force or whatever, just as long as he could get some cheap kicks out of it. He missed the adrenaline. More importantly, he really wanted to shoot at something at the moment, waiting until night time for some boring ass leech just wouldn't do.

Suddenly, he felt a shiver run down his spine. A woman was seemingly about to fight some humanoid thing. He couldn't quite tell from behind, but the more he looked at it the more he felt a bad vibe, an inexplicable feeling of danger. The fear he felt in his heart was very real, an instinct that told him to stay. The hell. Away.

So he walked forward until he reached the little lady, waving friendly, then put a hand on his hip and smiled at the masked freak.

“Woah, killer costume you got there. Is this some roleplaying session or something?"

William

The dark mage had finished his entertaining session with his maid, it appeared that the redhead had snuck away while he had been busy with Lucy. Not that it mattered much, dealing with her was Lucy's issue.

He was now on his way to oversee one of his projects. Admitedly he hadn't expected such a strange variety of people to use that workshop. It seems Vanguard was busy running some game of his. No doubt the old warrior was planning something behind his back, but little did he know he was merely dancing in the palm of his hand.

So as he made his way to Relius' workshop he happened upon a strange sight. Gazing down he saw what looked like your sterotypical killer about to gut someone. Only there was something different about this. The aura, the sheer killing intent being directed at that poor was quite monstrous. This could be fun.

And just like that, the man dropped down in between them with gentle thud. His cloak billowing in the wind as he straightened himself out.

"What a lovely afternoon we have here." Despite the chilling degree of killing intent being leaked the man remained calm, almost unnaturally so as he spoke. "Killing someone right now would totally ruin the mood wouldn't you agree?"

Noire

Noire was annoyed at this idiot brash newcomer we seemed like someone who was trying to prove how cool he was. He was either a tryhard, an idiot, or both.

"What are you doing, we need to run!" Noire yelled at him, grabbing his arm. "Are you an idiot?" She didn't want to see anyone die to protect her, even if he wasn't her citizen.

Then, as if out of nowhere, an equally powerful being seemed to descend from the sky. This one however, didn't seem hostile. Instead, he seemed to be trying to protect her and this new man.

So Noire stopped, and waited for the monster's responce.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 02:05:07 AM by Sinib »

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Malcolm

Malcolm felt a bead of sweat drip down his brow. This was honestly terrifying, but sadly for her there was only one man in the entire universe who scared him, and it wasn't him. Feeling the rush of the duel, he readied his hand on his hip, more than prepared to draw his gun and blow that thing's head off, barely holding back a confident smirk.

But suddenly, there was a shadow that covered his line of sight, a terrible cloak fluttering to signal impending doom. Malcolm blinked once, twice, but it was only when he heard the voice that he reacted.

"Yes, good idea." He told the girl, turned backwards immediately and tried to take a run for it. D-dammit, he wasn't scared at all, he just remembered that he had a TV rerun to watch, nothing more!

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile

Mordred

Mordred really wondered if Breeze made a right choice by just winging it and picking a character like that on a whim. Unsurprisingly, it was a girl, but was really a huntress with a bow something she would be used to? Breeze was a warrior who was pretty straightforward about her methods and shooting people didn't seem to fit her style. But okay, it was her choice in the end, so she didn't speak up, but simply started explaining.

"Alright, you use that stick that you used before to move around the girl, and you click this button to jump and that one to shoot the bow. And that third button is for an alternate attack, like you can smash them with the bow. I don't advise that though, it's not that strong and basically just an emergency move." Though knowing Breeze maybe she would do it even outside a videogame.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
Rafalia

This was why she kept coming back. This was precisely why she had lost her heart. The promise to do what was absolutely beyond the means of rationality, even should it doom you.

She laughed and took his hand, looking into his crimson eyes with an expectant void sprinkled with falling lights. "I might destroy, you know. And if you succeed, I'll be tempted to kill you.""
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Methuselah

Methuselah met Rafalia's gaze with his own, as if locked in an eternal stare. But suddenly, almost shockingly, the dark god snickered, trying to hold his face, keep his mouth shut, but sadly restraint was a poor skill of his, and before long he could hold back his laughter no longer.

His hilarity was not mocking, but one full of mirth, and eventually he managed to calm himself, looking back at the fae with a warm, accepting smile.

"Oh, that was rich Rafalia. Kill me? You cannot. Even if you break and sunder my body and soul a hundred times, that is a possibility that can never be realized, an impossible paradox. Trust me, I would know. But perhaps you can succeed in eradicating me from this plane, if killing the current me is your wish, but someday, perhaps in another world a few centuries from now, there will be another Methuselah to take my place."

There was no need for words to be spoken, his mind was clear of worry or doubt. She too would surely come to an understanding, there was no meaning in hiding it. Eventually this world will wither and perish, you with it, but I will always be.

Some say the dream ends when the dreamer awakens, but he was no dreamer. This world, shaped from hands unknown to all, decided it would wish for an architect, a ruler to represent its different facets. The guiding light, bringing those who yearn it closer to salvation or destruction. The flickering flame, breathing warmth and life with every breath, while devouring that very life without a warning.

There were many elements, many facets that defined the cosmos as a whole. He was nothing more than a fragment of the mother darkness, she who carried the genesis in her bountiful womb, and the one who was destined to engulf it once more. As gods, they were all powerful, metaphysical forces of creation and destruction, but the very humans that they created grew to define them, and in turn the world shifted.

In that case, was he the dreamer stuck in a world of his own making, or a mere figment of a sleeping world? That was yet another impossible paradox that defined his existence, but he did not trouble himself with such things any longer. He was Methuselah, even if his being was not real, his hopes, his feelings, his sensations, they all had meaning. There was no such thing as a real being, in a world made of ouroboric lies, to search for the truth was an exercise in futility.

Which was why he chose that if anyone should be real, it should be him.

But there was yet another detail, perhaps one he knowingly dismissed. If world peace truly was attained, if all could hold a little hopeful happiness in their hearts, there would be no room left for the darkness in one's heart. Would a dark being such as Methuselah have a place in such a world? No, of course not.

In the end, he didn't change much from back then. He closed his eyes, and in a motion full of candor, he pinched the faerie's cheek.

"Besides, it would break my heart to fight such a beautiful damsel as yourself, and what for? You are my friend, and I have chosen to trust you, so no matter what path you may take, I will always cherish your memory in my everlasting dreams."
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 04:55:45 AM by francobull3 »

Kotomine_Rin

• The God Tongue
  • Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Red

Hit by a speed her brain could hardly react to, Red was suddenly flying in another direction, not even noticing the crunching sound of her arm breaking against her enemy's leg or the fact she had been kicked in the first place, and just came crashing into Oren.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 01:38:45 PM by francobull3 »

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Jeanne

"Welcome home Master!"

The French servant was standing in the hallway, eagerly awaiting Sakura's return. "Shirou said he was going to be down, but he probably went back to napping after I left. So how has your day been and where's Rider?" She asked looking a bit fatigued herelf.

Sakura Matou

Sakura smiled at her blond friend who was greeting her. She really appreciated how considerate she was.

"Rider's still out doing things. We split up after I met some poor man living in a closet and decided to help him out by renting out a place to him at a reasonable rate." Sakura smiled, proud of her christian generosity.

After that, Sakura suddenly faked a blush, and brought her hand to her mouth in mock embarrassment.

"So did he say whose was better?" She asked, curious about his opinion.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Oren

Huh. A lot of stuff just happened. Unfortunately for the tiny one Oren was a massive creature of great strength and speed while she was just a tiny fast thing. Red kind of just bounced off of her scaly hide, but then the dragon snapped out with her maw and caught the kid in her mouth.

Then Oren landed back on the ground and spit the child back out onto the ground. Se tasted kinda nasty.

Jasey

God, couldn't she just get a break? Try to make a scary atmosphere and all that happened was some random fucks ruining it. With a frustrated huff she popped off er mask and tossed it away. "You know, it's really hard to try and scare someone when people keep interrupting. Well, sorry, Noire. It was supposed to be funny but I didn't manage to pull it off. Whoops?"

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Anastasia

Aww, that was pretty dirty of that weird animal! But she believed in her new pet. Cats were smart and the Meowth was quick thinking and fast enough to evade this trick just in time. She knew how to motivate such a stray further as well. "You can do it, I'll buy you a fried chicken if you do well!"

The promise of the food that wasn't just a scrap out of garbage can hopefully would motivate that whiskered creature. That is, if it got what Anastasia just told it.

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Neptune

"Sweet!" She gave the tall angel a big hug as he let her stay at his cool base. The purple haired goddess then gave hima curious look as he began testing the blade himself. "You could always try taping weights to the handle... No wait that would make it like an off hand weapon with an unwieldly modifier. Preettty bad idea and I've seen some bad ideas...." The goddess trailed off apparently having lost her train of thought.

Glancing back and forth between the sword and him she spoke up again. "I see what's going to happen now. You're gonna make do lewd things in exchange for the pudding aren't you?"

Gadreel

With the hand now freed of convenience store acquisitions he pat the goddess on the back, chuckling in amusement at her enthusiasm. Well, amusement and warmth. It was rather nice to have some more cheer in his domicile. Well, cheer without the sinister undertones that Lucy always carried around with her. Not that he in any way disliked Lucy, but he always had to look underneath when she was afoot.

Also her ideas were something he had thought of before in the past. They did not work out. Now, the other one on the other hand...

"Now why would I need to make you do such things, Neptune?" Even as he said this, looking her in the eyes with an arm still wrapped around her back. "Is... is the pudding all that you think about in this situation?"

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
Rafalia

The rider puffed her cheeks in protest, folding up the chip pack before leaning in to pinch Methuselah's nose. "You shouldn't underestimate me. Gods are very easy to kill in their sleep," she said, pulling on his face. "You're a bleeding heart, and it's going to hurt you like it has before. But that's the opposite of uncool."

She stopped tormenting Methuselah's nasal extremity, and her hand rested on the top of his head, softly patting his hair.

"Very well. I'll stand by you, my friend. Until such a time as my judgement is made. I will watch over all this, and we shall see what the universe has to say about it."
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 10:20:56 PM by YOLF »
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts