Author Topic: of flesh and fantasy poll and discussion.  (Read 36236 times)

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
Re: of flesh and fantasy poll and discussion.
« Reply #330 on: May 10, 2013, 01:40:36 AM »
eventually he will but those scenes will be interludes.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: May 10, 2013, 02:04:37 AM »
eventually he will but those scenes will be interludes.

Yeah, that definitely makes sense.

That does imply, though, that the Rider/Sakura torture stuff will happen earlier on in the story, with a substantial amount of time after it. Which also means that there would likely be more than one Rider/Sakura sex scene after it (ideally at least one would be BDSM...).

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: May 10, 2013, 02:20:57 AM »
it could happen

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: May 10, 2013, 02:26:54 AM »
it could happen

Well, it would definitely make sense. We do need to work out what happens in the story more generally, though.

What do we have as a timeline so far?

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: May 10, 2013, 02:42:28 AM »
Just rider's bit

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: May 10, 2013, 03:11:57 AM »
Just rider's bit

Yeah, OK.

We need to work out a timeline etc. for what events will happen and when. We also need to work out what Rin is going to do. I would imagine it will involve finding and reconciling with Sakura at some point. Also, we need to work out what Archer's role is here (prior to getting into a relationship with Rin, I mean). Rin's servant is possible, but that would make a relationship a bit odd.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: May 10, 2013, 07:21:11 PM »
I assume gladiator for archer, Rin I assume is a political so and so.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: May 10, 2013, 10:21:51 PM »
Well, Archer being a Gladiator is possible, yes, but the question of how he became one (given that forcing slaves to fight to the death in the arena isn't very nice) is up for question. As for Rin, her being some sort of politician does make sense, but we do need to work out how that interacts with Sakura's plot, because I imagine she wouldn't react too well to being told that their estranged sister has been handed over to Rider to be brutally tortured....

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: May 10, 2013, 10:24:57 PM »
I imagine she would be looking into the issue and debating it with councils etcetera

archer i assume owes a debt or such

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: May 10, 2013, 10:36:48 PM »
I imagine she would be looking into the issue and debating it with councils etcetera

What?

Rin doesn't seem the type to respond to her little sister being tortured by debating it with a council....

archer i assume owes a debt or such

Well, yeah, but owing a debt doesn't justify forcing someone to risk their life in the arena. So, unless he's volunteered to do it to pay off said debt, that is still pretty nasty (and, really, if you're allowing that then I don't see why killing or abusing slaves is any worse).

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: May 10, 2013, 11:32:29 PM »
What?

Rin doesn't seem the type to respond to her little sister being tortured by debating it with a council....

working to get evidence

Well, yeah, but owing a debt doesn't justify forcing someone to risk their life in the arena.

it's what he's good at.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: May 10, 2013, 11:42:04 PM »
What?

working to get evidence

Well, perhaps, but if she found out I would have thought she would at least try to stop the torture, which goes against the idea of the scene.

Well, yeah, but owing a debt doesn't justify forcing someone to risk their life in the arena.

it's what he's good at.

Well, like I said, it depends if he volunteered to do it or if he was forced to do it against his will. The first is fine, the second isn't.

Also, how would he end up paired with Rin in such a situation?

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: May 10, 2013, 11:47:52 PM »
Well, perhaps, but if she found out I would have thought she would at least try to stop the torture, which goes against the idea of the scene.

not directly, rin is aware that while torture is bad failing to prove the matous guilt is worse. i mean if she were to break into and steal sakura away she only succeeds in screwing her and sakura.

becoming a famous and strong gladiator would make her take notice of him, i assume she would pay his debt after that

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: May 11, 2013, 12:06:09 AM »

not directly, rin is aware that while torture is bad failing to prove the matous guilt is worse. i mean if she were to break into and steal sakura away she only succeeds in screwing her and sakura.

Well, it's not so much proving their guilt as proving Sakura's innocence (or, at least, enough doubt about her guilt to stop Nero sanctioning the torture) but, yeah, I guess. Breaking in might save Sakura a lot of pain, but it will also make it a lot harder to get her free in the long term.

Having said that, though, if she has any real influence with Nero she could at least persuade her to stay the sentence until she had a chance to investigate further, which would obviously stop the scene going as planned.

I think the basic concept does work, though, and it would explain a lot of what Rin was up to. I think we should attempt to tie it in with her meeting Archer, though. Perhaps she seeks out his help or something (maybe she is initially planning a rescue, either to stop the torture or if she can't prove Sakura's innocence).

becoming a famous and strong gladiator would make her take notice of him, i assume she would pay his debt after that

Ah, I see, so basically she buys him out of his debt because she likes him?

I would imagine it would need more than just "taking notice" of him for that, though....

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: May 11, 2013, 12:17:10 AM »
I would imagine it would need more than just "taking notice" of him for that, though....

a body guard for her investigations