Author Topic: of flesh and fantasy poll and discussion.  (Read 36222 times)

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: of flesh and fantasy poll and discussion.
« Reply #465 on: May 14, 2013, 06:42:31 PM »
You seem to expect adding BDSM content to be mutually exclusive with happiness, when I would prefer to have both.

on the contrary I can do both fine because there's plenty of content with characters like Rider, caster and to an extent drake at the least.

Well, yes, true, but I would like it not to be confined to only those characters.

the issue here is that the context of the world is far too serious for the situation. it's not the sort of thing that can just be written off and I do agree that saber and especially Archer would flip out which is nothing to speak of Satoshi himself.

Well, sure they wouldn't like it, but nor does Shirou, so I don't see the problem.

It just seems like the idea as a whole places the story in a corner.

The problem is that you say that for every idea I have. Which defeats the damn point of me even bothering to contribute....

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: May 14, 2013, 07:16:00 PM »
Well, yes, true, but I would like it not to be confined to only those characters.

didn't say it was.

Well, sure they wouldn't like it, but nor does Shirou, so I don't see the problem.

given Saber's stubbornness I do see a problem, a big problem.

The problem is that you say that for every idea I have. Which defeats the damn point of me even bothering to contribute....

this was bad luck.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: May 14, 2013, 07:30:16 PM »

didn't say it was.

No, fair enough, but designing situations in which some characters do BDSM stuff (especially with someone like Shirou as the dom) is quite hard.

More to the point, though, I don't get to provide any assistance to that. Which, aside from meaning I can't suggest pairings or scenes I'd like to see, also means that I have no way to actually contribute to the discussion in the thread.

given Saber's stubbornness I do see a problem, a big problem.

What problem, exactly? What is she going to do? Tell him to free Sakura and Rin (he can't, and they wouldn't want to leave anyway)? Tell him to try to overthrow the system (he is already)?

this was bad luck.

In what way was it "bad luck"? Did you roll a dice to test if it passed or something?

If not, then luck had bugger all to do with it. You just didn't like the concept. And, if it was something about the concept that could be changed without getting rid of the stuff I actually want, then you'd have done so, or at least tried.

So, the only reasonable conclusion is that it's fundamental principle behind what I was aiming for that you object to (which is borne out by the way you're talking about it), which means it seems pointless for me to try anything like this again. It'll only get rejected again.

I'm running out of concepts to suggest. You're already seriously limiting the field by insisting it not be dark (I went through three or four concepts in my head before I suggested this one), and now you're limiting it further by rejecting things like this. There is simply nothing left, because everything will either end up as too dark or too squicky (like a universe in which people want to be slaves).

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: May 14, 2013, 07:41:22 PM »
What problem, exactly? What is she going to do? Tell him to free Sakura and Rin (he can't, and they wouldn't want to leave anyway)? Tell him to try to overthrow the system (he is already)?

both, if refused she'd act on her own, if he used a command seal Satoshi would take her away from him

In what way was it "bad luck"? Did you roll a dice to test if it passed or something?

If not, then luck had bugger all to do with it.

chill out.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: May 14, 2013, 07:50:00 PM »

both, if refused she'd act on her own, if he used a command seal Satoshi would take her away from him

Like I said, he can't free them, and even if he did they would refuse to leave. So, there is no option there.

As for the second, as I said that is a goal of his. So, where is the problem?

If not, then luck had bugger all to do with it.

chill out.

Sorry, but that was just a silly statement. Bad luck is random chance, not someone making a decision you dislike in response to something you suggested. Unless you can explain how it is bad luck, it isn't.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: May 14, 2013, 09:36:20 PM »
Doesn't matter, they'd  fight against a world like that. It's possible to use the idea but you have to understand that there are a max of five scenes here.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: May 14, 2013, 09:41:27 PM »
Doesn't matter, they'd  fight against a world like that.

Of course they would, I just don't see why that's an issue given that it's what Shirou wants.

It's possible to use the idea but you have to understand that there are a max of five scenes here.

Well, I'm not entirely sure why this would be the case, but OK. If we do that we should work out the idea in more detail, because having only five scenes means a lot of stuff will need to be left out. Shirou needs at least three, IMO, to deal with both girls and Sakura's "punishment".

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: May 14, 2013, 09:57:16 PM »
I think that 60% of the scenes happening with the same people is a bit repetitive

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: May 14, 2013, 09:59:09 PM »
I think that 60% of the scenes happening with the same people is a bit repetitive

Only Shirou would be the same, and it's kind-of necessary given the number of scenes you're allowing. There is simply no way it can work with any less.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: May 14, 2013, 11:02:37 PM »
Why does it have to be three?

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: May 14, 2013, 11:04:52 PM »
Why does it have to be three?

Because he has two girls to handle, and I don't want Sakura's punishment scene to be the only scene she has. Plus, a threesome would be kind-of nice, although I guess Sakura's punishment scene could involve that.

Honestly, even three isn't enough, but I can just about live with it.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: May 14, 2013, 11:13:56 PM »
You realize that you can do that in two  scenes?

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: May 14, 2013, 11:15:06 PM »
You realize that you can do that in two  scenes?

How?

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: May 14, 2013, 11:18:49 PM »
One as a threesome and the other with Sakura

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: May 14, 2013, 11:23:26 PM »
One as a threesome and the other with Sakura

Hmm, yeah, that's possible, although a threesome makes it harder to show Rin being dommed.

I would imagine the punishment scene would be followed up by Shirou soothing Sakura and fucking her gently anyway, because he's not a monster. The idea of that scene would be that the punishment would be unpleasant for her (I mean, if she enjoys it it's not really a punishment...), so that she thinks "well, I don't want to go through that again, so I'll do what Shirou said and not rush off into mortal danger", but not traumatic, since he doesn't want to cause her real harm.