Author Topic: of flesh and fantasy poll and discussion.  (Read 36292 times)

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: of flesh and fantasy poll and discussion.
« Reply #525 on: May 16, 2013, 01:33:45 PM »
It's a date atmosphere, so that would make them a couple which I think isn't the best thing given that we have yet to work out other attendees of the party and since rider and caster dating would make them that lesbien couple. I'm not against having a couple like that but I don't see those two being as such.

The thing is, though, you did say you were trying to be "inclusive", so I'm trying to find someone to pair Rider with. Pairing Rider with Shirou isn't inclusive because it excludes Sakura (you're basically taking out the two people she pairs easiest with), so we need to find someone else.

Also, if you're going for a lesbian couple surely Rider makes by far the most sense, since she's the most lesbian character by a long way.

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: May 16, 2013, 05:57:55 PM »
The thing is, though, you did say you were trying to be "inclusive", so I'm trying to find someone to pair Rider with. Pairing Rider with Shirou isn't inclusive because it excludes Sakura (you're basically taking out the two people she pairs easiest with), so we need to find someone else.

er what about taking who out?

and we should consider other guys available before crossing off more girls

Also, if you're going for a lesbian couple surely Rider makes by far the most sense, since she's the most lesbian character by a long way.

judging by canon that's rin.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: May 16, 2013, 06:09:21 PM »

er what about taking who out?

Well, pairing Shirou with Rider instantly removes from play the two people who Sakura is most commonly paired with.

and we should consider other guys available before crossing off more girls

Well, I can understand that, but in Rider's case pairing her with a girl makes a hell of a lot more sense than pairing her with a guy. Most of the girls are at best dubiously bisexual, whereas Rider is canonically close to lesbian.

judging by canon that's rin.

No, Rin is bisexual, Rider is lesbian with a side of Shirou.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: May 16, 2013, 06:16:25 PM »
Well, pairing Shirou with Rider instantly removes from play the two people who Sakura is most commonly paired with.

true but you asked the question

Well, I can understand that, but in Rider's case pairing her with a girl makes a hell of a lot more sense than pairing her with a guy. Most of the girls are at best dubiously bisexual, whereas Rider is canonically close to lesbian.

that logic doesn't follow and threesome illusion thing aside no canon instance of rider being interested in women has occurred

see above.

point is the other girls would probably like being with characters other then Rider.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: May 16, 2013, 06:23:54 PM »

true but you asked the question

Well, yeah, because I wanted to pair Rider up with someone who isn't already paired up. It defeats the point if we just shuffle characters around without good reason, the idea is to pair us as many as possible....

that logic doesn't follow

It does when you also take into account the relative lack of guys.

and threesome illusion thing aside no canon instance of rider being interested in women has occurred

Ayako?

She also seems to be rather interested in Rin in HF True. Her being mostly interested in girls is universally accepted.

see above.

I could argue the same about Rin, though. There is no canonical instance where Rin shows significant interest in another girl, aside from maybe Saber in a few cases. Also, it's an unfair comparison because Rider shows up a lot less, especially in FSN.

point is the other girls would probably like being with characters other then Rider.

Well, sure, but there are only so many guys to go around. I mean, aside from Lancer, who I assume will be with Bazett, and Toshi, who else do we have left?

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: May 16, 2013, 06:43:46 PM »
Ayako?

her blood tastes good doesn't count

Well, sure, but there are only so many guys to go around. I mean, aside from Lancer, who I assume will be with Bazett, and Toshi, who else do we have left?

then lets look into that before crossing off girl.

logically

shinji, avenger, lancer Toshi (speaking of elf suggested kohaku over skype for him) oh and kuzuki.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: May 16, 2013, 06:57:03 PM »
Ayako?

her blood tastes good doesn't count

It's pretty clear Rider's attraction to Ayako goes beyond that.

then lets look into that before crossing off girl.[/quote][/quote]

Well, yeah, sure, but we have to consider how best to pair up everyone, and pairing the guys first isn't necessarily the best way to do that.

logically

shinji, avenger, lancer Toshi (speaking of elf suggested kohaku over skype for him) oh and kuzuki.

Well, OK, Kuzuki would be paired with Caster, I would assume, and Lancer with Bazett. Shinji I dunno (probably Drake) and Avenger I'm also not sure (Caren?).

As for Toshi, whilst Kohaku could work, surely she wouldn't be invited to a party being organised by Ilya....

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: May 16, 2013, 07:23:47 PM »
Well, yeah, sure, but we have to consider how best to pair up everyone, and pairing the guys first isn't necessarily the best way to do that.

kinda is

surely she wouldn't be invited to a party being organized by Ilya....

why exactly do you think that?

Well, OK, Kuzuki would be paired with Caster, I would assume, and Lancer with Bazett. Shinji I dunno (probably Drake) and Avenger I'm also not sure (Caren?).

everyone but avenger looks good.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: May 16, 2013, 07:27:45 PM »

kinda is

Well, it leaves a lot of people unpaired, because there aren't that many lesbians around.

surely she wouldn't be invited to a party being organized by Ilya....

why exactly do you think that?

Because Ilya doesn't know her....

everyone but avenger looks good.

Hmm, OK. What sort of dynamics would you attribute to those pairings, and who do you think might work with Avenger?

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: May 16, 2013, 07:45:27 PM »
Well, it leaves a lot of people unpaired, because there aren't that many lesbians around.

it might but at least we don't have to stretch belief for the ones we pair up with guys.

even if that were a valid reason Satoshi does know both of them.

Hmm, OK. What sort of dynamics would you attribute to those pairings, and who do you think might work with Avenger?

Lancer and Bazzet would be the beautiful woman and uptight guy, kuzuki and caster the married couple, Shinji and drake would be the wild girl and fretting guy, avenger i'm not sure about.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: May 16, 2013, 08:09:36 PM »

it might but at least we don't have to stretch belief for the ones we pair up with guys.

For Rider we really don't.

even if that were a valid reason Satoshi does know both of them.

Well, whether Toshi knows Ilya depends on the timeline....

Lancer and Bazzet would be the beautiful woman and uptight guy, kuzuki and caster the married couple, Shinji and drake would be the wild girl and fretting guy, avenger i'm not sure about.

Yeah, OK, that works.

And, actually, would Rider fit with Avenger? There aren't all that many FSN girls left....

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: May 16, 2013, 08:23:05 PM »
And, actually, would Rider fit with Avenger? There aren't all that many FSN girls left....

nope.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: May 16, 2013, 08:24:00 PM »

nope.

Aww, OK.

I really don't think Rider should be left out, because she's the only one of the major characters who isn't paired up.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: May 16, 2013, 08:47:37 PM »
for fsn i guess, but we don't have to pair everyone.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: May 16, 2013, 09:04:02 PM »
for fsn i guess, but we don't have to pair everyone.

No, true, but it would be better if we could pair up at least the characters who would logically be expected to come.