Author Topic: Lantz's Q and A thread  (Read 21959 times)

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
Re: Lantz's Q and A thread
« Reply #60 on: November 01, 2013, 06:42:07 PM »
I... what? How? What?

Lantz, you're driving me crazy with just how fucking black hole sue Satoshi is. Why the hell does he have 4 names? Why the hell does he have a dragon tatoo? Why the hell is he so overpowered? Why the hell is he such a fucking arrogant prick? Why the fuck does he have spellcasting on the tier of merlin? Why the fuck does he have or is a fucking Dragon? Why the hell don't you fucking EXPLAIN SHIT!?!?!?!?

Nostalgia Critic "EXPLAAAAAAAIN NUKE"
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 06:44:25 PM by Arch-Magos Winter »

KAIZA

• Best Oni
  • Administrator
  • NPC
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt Page
« Reply #61 on: November 01, 2013, 06:46:35 PM »
Okay, Magos, regardless of what you think of Satoshi, please chill out man. You're posts are only getting angrier, and I doubt you'll get your answers as such. Just let it be for a while.

EDIT: Oh, what an appropriate video.

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 01, 2013, 06:56:40 PM »
I won't answer those questions as they are leading questions. Is there anything else?

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 01, 2013, 07:01:56 PM »
I won't answer those questions as they are leading questions. Is there anything else?
>Leading Questions
...I don't think that means what you think it means. Answer the damn questions lantz. Explain shit because we're not psychic. We need an explanation, because otherwise, we have no clue as to what's happening.d

KAIZA

• Best Oni
  • Administrator
  • NPC
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt Page
« Reply #64 on: November 01, 2013, 07:03:56 PM »
Why 4 names?
Why the dragon tatoo?
Why the hell is he so overpowered? X
Why the hell is he such a fucking arrogant prick? X
How come he has spellcasting abilities on par with Merlin?
Why is he a Dragon?

Actually, not counting the two I crossed out, those are valid questions.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 01, 2013, 07:13:30 PM »
It's not four names. Some families when the family names are important enough sign a birth certificate with both last names being legal. Shirou and Saber are fairly respectful and sensitive to each and decided that it would be the best way rather then giving him one name or the other. And Alexander is his middle name.

the dragon tattoo is a bonding mark signifying his connection to the dragon.

he is a dragon because Merlin merged him with one. Unlike Saber who has descended power his soul is kinda like the dragon's property.

Merlin teaches him magic, regular magic training doesn't work for Satoshi.

KAIZA

• Best Oni
  • Administrator
  • NPC
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt Page
« Reply #66 on: November 01, 2013, 07:30:05 PM »
It's not four names. Some families when the family names are important enough sign a birth certificate with both last names being legal. Shirou and Saber are fairly respectful and sensitive to each and decided that it would be the best way rather then giving him one name or the other. And Alexander is his middle name.
No, I understand that (and it's still four names: first name, middle name, last names); I have four names in fact. But the Japanese don't use two surnames.  And middle names are extremely rare (though more common with mixed parentage, so I'll give you that). Best case scenario is the father taking his wife's surname, but that's it.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 07:31:33 PM by KAIZA »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 01, 2013, 07:35:20 PM »
Satoshi is only half-Japanese, though. And, given his heritage, I could understand both parents wanting him to have their name.

Whether it's legally possible in Japan I'm not sure, though. And, similarly, I'm not sure Alexander would be a legal name in Japan either.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 01, 2013, 07:41:29 PM »
Satoshi is only half-Japanese, though. And, given his heritage, I could understand both parents wanting him to have their name.

Whether it's legally possible in Japan I'm not sure, though. And, similarly, I'm not sure Alexander would be a legal name in Japan either.
It wouldn't be. You have to IIRC, adopt a completely Japanese name if you become a naturalized citizen, so I doubt that they'd allow a second Sirname or a very western middle name.

For that matter, the "ONLY MERLIN CAN TEACH HIM MAGIC BECAUSE HE'S SPESIAL" screams Sue lantz.

On top of that, wouldn't he have LESS dragon power than Saber due to the bloodline being diluted?

KAIZA

• Best Oni
  • Administrator
  • NPC
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt Page
« Reply #69 on: November 01, 2013, 07:51:40 PM »

From what I looked, it's a bit complicated. You can have one or the other, but not both. Look here:
Your child takes your Japanese spouse’s surname because he will be entered in the family registry of the Japanese parent. If you want your child to have your foreign family name, there are two ways to do so. One is to change your Japanese spouse name to your foreign surname before giving birth to a baby (in this case your child will be entered in your spouse’s family registry). And the other way is to apply to the family court for the change of the child’s family to that of your surname (in this case your child’s independent family registration will be created.)
Middle names are fine, I think, though it would be a bit complicated to the Japanese (for one, they don't allow a space to separate first and middle). He can have a middle name, in his foreign passport, though.

It wouldn't be. You have to IIRC, adopt a completely Japanese name if you become a naturalized citizen, so I doubt that they'd allow a second Sirname or a very western middle name.
Actually, I found this:
Japanese citizenship used to require adoption of a Japanese name. In recent decades, the government has allowed individuals to simply adopt katakana versions of their native names when applying for citizenship
Honestly, the two surnames are more of a problem than the middle name.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 07:57:53 PM by KAIZA »

KAIZA

• Best Oni
  • Administrator
  • NPC
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt Page
« Reply #70 on: November 01, 2013, 08:00:38 PM »
Okay, found info on the middle name:
There are countries that allow official middle names and there are countries/cultures where it is even natural to have multiple names.

Say one parent is an U.S. citizen and the child owns an U.S. citizenship. This child can have his/her middle name registered in his/her U.S. birth cirtificate.

Say the same child's other parent is Japanese and the child has a Japanese citizenship as well. This child cannot register any middle names in the official Japanese registeration (koseki). Typical options are to put the first name and middle name together and register it as one first name, or another option is to simply register the first name and family name only and keep the middle name as something unofficial.

For example, all Japanese Christians (I don't mean half-Japanese) have baptismal names other than the first name. Almost all of them do not register this baptismal name at the city hall, but treasure the name and use it in Christian rituals.
He can have it, but it wouldn't be legally recognized by the Japanese government. So, it's either unofficial in Japan, or legally stuck with his first name (so, Satoshiarekusandaa).

Of course, that is if he was born in Japan.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 08:03:57 PM by KAIZA »

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 01, 2013, 08:05:32 PM »
He signs with Emiya OR Pendragon, not both. He introduces himself in full because Sella insisted he do so.

saber is descended power, Satoshi was unified with the dragon. His power is full rather than in part.

and Merlin teaching him magic because the old man wrecked his body is just good character. Fyi though Satoshi is more Micky than Harry.

in Japan he only uses his Japanese names kaiza

KAIZA

• Best Oni
  • Administrator
  • NPC
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt Page
« Reply #72 on: November 01, 2013, 08:07:50 PM »
Ah, so it's the former. I'll assume he signs Emiya in Japan for official stuff, as that would be the only one legally recognizable in that case.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 01, 2013, 08:08:42 PM »
and Merlin teaching him magic because the old man wrecked his body is just good character. Fyi though Satoshi is more Micky than Harry.
I have no idea what you just said here, I can't make heads or tails of this. It's like a clusterfuck of words and gibberish in some odd code that drives men mad when they try to decipher it.

KAIZA

• Best Oni
  • Administrator
  • NPC
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt Page
« Reply #74 on: November 01, 2013, 08:13:13 PM »
Probably means Merlin screwed him up somehow (lolplot, I guess?), and to make up for it taught him magic. I think, I don't get the reference in the second line.