Author Topic: role playing ideas thread  (Read 32731 times)

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: role playing ideas thread
« Reply #90 on: June 14, 2014, 08:24:51 PM »
It is not "choose your own adventure", in fact the "one-liners" thing is part of what makes it an RP and not a fanfic.

Look at Cross Effects RP. One liners are something extremely rare. Roleplaying implies you actually try to play a role and interact through your character with the world actively.

Yeah, and fanfic means you write a story, not a one-line post....

Sorry, but your definition of RP is too narrow. Quest RPs do exist, and are generally found in RP sections. I even linked to one. So, no, it does not get moved. We had this discussion two days ago, you are not going to change the outcome.

And, further, this is not the place to discuss it. This is an RP ideas thread, not a "bitch about administrative decisions" thread.

Brahmastra

« Reply #91 on: June 14, 2014, 08:38:01 PM »
It is not "choose your own adventure", in fact the "one-liners" thing is part of what makes it an RP and not a fanfic. Fanfics have longer chunks. And, the number of players is irrelevant because that is not an intentional part of the set-up. If we moved it and then 10 new people came and started posting in that thread, by your logic we'd have to move it back, and that is utter lunacy.

Also, this is definitely not the place to have this discussion. This is a thread for ideas, not a thread for complaining about administrative decisions....

Let me use an example you might actually feasible recognize as an example instead of going "roflmaonotthesamethinggobackhomecapitalist"; Mil does this exact same kind of thing, only with more people involved, more effort involved and less being garbage at writing, and certainly didn't put it in the RP section of BL.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 14, 2014, 08:56:11 PM »
Brah, I linked to an example of someone doing the same fucking thing as Lantz on this forum. Sorry, but your argument does not wash.

We discussed this several days ago, we decided not to move it. End of story. It is not your damn decision, and nor is this the right thread to argue it, so stop it right now.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 08:57:15 PM by Cherry Lover »

Gray

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 15, 2014, 12:03:39 AM »
I think a Metroid RP in the Vein of Metroid Prime Hunters would be pretty cool. Everyone could create an alien (even the species) the tech they are outfitted with and we could all just try to explore the ruins of a dead galactic civilization. (there are a lot of those in metroid).
Each of us would have our specialties and we'd probably have modular equipment. We could explore the planet as we would hunt down some bosses and even find upgrades and so forth. Would be interesting to play.

On a more Megaman note:
I can see Zero slaughtering the Classic Megaman Cast I'd like it to be otherwise to be honest. The creator said Zero didn't do it and while it would make sense for Zero to have done it I'll relent to Canon for this instance.

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 15, 2014, 02:11:53 AM »
Actually King never officially weighed in on what happened to classic mega man.

Gray

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 15, 2014, 02:18:24 AM »
http://www.rockman-corner.com/2008/09/inafune-destroys-cataclysm-theory-its.html
http://www.capcom-unity.com/s-kill/blog/2008/09/05/inafunesan_answers_your_questions
Same interview but here. Two links to the same interview that says that Zero never killed the class series characters.
Now stop trying to act like he did.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 15, 2014, 02:21:44 AM »
Learn to read Gray. I never said that, not fucking once. Next time you want to act like an authority on anything read what is said and do not rudely assume anything.

Gray

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 15, 2014, 02:41:55 AM »
Sorry that must have been your mysterious grammar issue that you will never decide to reveal the cause of acting up again. Must have caused a few misunderstandings.
Here's how the convo went from my perspective:
I saw some discussion about Zero killing the classic cast off and gave my two cents on teh issue. I said the creator said he didn't and the despite the fact that it makes most sense that Zero killed the classic cast due to the fact that the creator said otherwise I stated I'd relent that he didn't. You came up and said King (I've heard Inafking as a nickname to the creator and assumed you were refering to Keiji Inafune) didn't say anything about how they died. I was discussing the possibility of Zero not killing the classic cast and since you came up with that comment it seemed like you were refuting the idea that the creator said Zero didn't kill them. So I provided you the sources to where the creator said Zero didn't kill the classic cast off.

I am a big megaman fan so I tend to get passionate about this stuff.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 15, 2014, 03:22:08 AM »
I don't talk about it with anyone but friends and family. It's a private matter and you'd best learn to respect the right to privacy and not snark off rudely when I choose rightfully not to speak about it.

And what I said was he never weighed in on mega man (classic) and his fate. I didn't say fuck all about Zero. The "discussion" you saw was me stating what I based an AU classic mega man role play on. That being the theory that Zero killed classic Mega man. I've never actually subscribed to that theory because of X four.

Gray

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 15, 2014, 05:25:02 PM »
Do you know about conversational context?
You made that statement about how Inafune never weighed in on classic's fate after I made a statement about the fact that it had been stated Zero never killed off the classic cast and that I agreed with that statement. The "Actually" at the front of your statement made it seem like you were trying to correct me since it was a comment directly after mine. Thus due to the conversational context it seemed like you were trying to refute my statement that "Zero never killed the classic cast and the creator supports this" and the only reason you would refute such a statement would be if you felt that Zero actually did do it. Thus I gave you the links and told you to stop clinging to such an argument.

I reference your "grammar disorder" simply because that would most likely have been the thing to trigger another one of these frequent misunderstandings. So before you tell me to learn to read may you please kindly learn to write first?

KAIZA

• Best Oni
  • Administrator
  • NPC
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt Page
« Reply #100 on: June 15, 2014, 05:57:00 PM »
OK, miscommunication, we get it. Just try to remain civil guys.
Preemptive, in case you're wondering.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 05:57:44 PM by KAIZA »

Brahmastra

« Reply #101 on: June 15, 2014, 06:12:53 PM »
Didn't you quit, KAIZA? Or is Mike sockpuppeting you again?

KAIZA

• Best Oni
  • Administrator
  • NPC
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt Page
« Reply #102 on: June 15, 2014, 06:18:12 PM »
I did, but they convinced me to come back and we resolved the issue. Now, back on topic, please.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 15, 2014, 06:21:33 PM »
Think you missed the preemptive part Kaiza, Gray already stopped being civil before you posted.

Brahmastra

« Reply #104 on: June 15, 2014, 06:22:35 PM »
Lantz stop trying to bait the argument even further when it's been halted.