Author Topic: role playing ideas thread  (Read 32900 times)

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Re: role playing ideas thread
« Reply #195 on: November 07, 2014, 10:01:39 PM »
until you clean up your offensive language I don't care what you think.

Until you start actually researching what you attempt to criticise, you are basically our laughing stock.

And it's quite tame for me still, kurwa mać.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 07, 2014, 10:07:19 PM »
I didn't say that new and old were the same, I said that onyx pathing hasn't done anything to change the status quo in any way, so I think the setting is still just as dumb.

But you did. You claimed the fluff hadn't changed. Which is a fallacy. And they have changed the status quo, in multiple ways. Even when it was still White Wolf making the games, they changed the status quo for New World Of Darkness.

You're running under the assumption New World Of Darkness is the same thing as Classic WoD as a basis for your opinion. If you don't actually know the games, you can't just claim they have nothing to offer and have the same flaws as their predecessors far as you're concerned.
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 07, 2014, 10:25:04 PM »
@Umbra

the political bs is crap, the magic system sucks and the constant grim air is dull. And both the new and old suffer from this. Especially Vampire.

@YOLF

no I'm fucking not, Jesus christ pay attention, I'm already aware that new and old are different but they suffer from the same overall problems. And onyx pathing hasn't done anything to change things in the NWoD

@kat

don't care, defamatory language is not tolerable.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 07, 2014, 10:31:01 PM »
>constant grim

Obviously you haven't even touched Changeling: The Lost.

>And onyx pathing hasn't done anything to change things in the NWoD

Released 2ed.

>don't care, defamatory language is not tolerable.

Im hatimtoom haya tippa, ata hayita okianoos.   

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 07, 2014, 10:39:39 PM »
no I'm fucking not, Jesus christ pay attention, I'm already aware that new and old are different but they suffer from the same overall problems. And onyx pathing hasn't done anything to change things in the NWoD

You claimed the fluff was the same. You were wrong. You claimed there was no change in status quo. That was also wrong. You reaffirmed your opinion that everything World Of Darkness was dumb from your viewpoint based on assumptions from the parts you do know. That was a mistaken assumption, which means you have no ground to logically be able to claim that.

Look lantz, it's okay to be WRONG and NOT KNOW THINGS. It's alright to admit these things. But don't keep pretending you're always right, which is what you seem to be doing right now.
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 07, 2014, 10:50:19 PM »
YOLF , if you aren't going to bother listening then do not speak to me. I'm not about to put up with this shit. Either listen to what I'm saying or piss off, I'm not about to tolerate twisting fucking nonsense, stop putting words in my mouth, its fucking rude.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 07, 2014, 10:54:49 PM »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 07, 2014, 11:04:13 PM »
Erm, Lantz:

the fluff hasn't changed from Old WoD or New Wod, so in the end my opinion regarding the subject remains firmly in the same place.

That certainly looks to me like you saying the fluff hasn't changed. Unless we're misinterpreting it somehow.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 07, 2014, 11:06:33 PM »
Just admit you were wrong and move on with your life.

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 07, 2014, 11:20:52 PM »
YOLF , if you aren't going to bother listening then do not speak to me. I'm not about to put up with this shit. Either listen to what I'm saying or piss off, I'm not about to tolerate twisting fucking nonsense, stop putting words in my mouth, its fucking rude.

There is one person here who isn't listening to the other and it definitely isn't YOLF. YOLF said that Arch's opinion on whether or not Demon the Descent or SMT had better demons had more worth because he actually knew both. You said that you knew both so your idea of which is better had equal worth, but YOLF has proved that you didn't know nWoD considering how you didn't know that the fluff and status quo of it was different from oWoD. It doesn't take much to admit that you were wrong. Don't be a child about it.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 11:22:03 PM by Umbra of Chaos »

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 07, 2014, 11:29:02 PM »
For one thing, Demons of OWoD and NWoD are so different that you cannot mistake one for another.

OWoD- Demons of Abrahamic mythology

NWoD- biomechanical "constructs" that disconnected from alien occult computer that used them as tools.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 07, 2014, 11:30:50 PM »
To be more precise, I said Arch's opinion might be worth considering because he's familiar at least in some way with both, but yeah.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 07, 2014, 11:33:46 PM »
For one thing, Demons of OWoD and NWoD are so different that you cannot mistake one for another.

OWoD- Demons of Abrahamic mythology

NWoD- biomechanical "constructs" that disconnected from alien occult computer that used them as tools.
Note that the computer may or may not in fact be God.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 07, 2014, 11:47:49 PM »
Might. It's not spelled out loudly what God-Machine is.

While in Fallen it's basically: God is YHWH/Jade Emperor. Also he is Prime. You can go home. Metaplot was at strongest in Fallen when tried to tie cosmology from other lines to it, like Gaia being an Angel and totally not Celestine.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 07, 2014, 11:59:11 PM »
If you guys would actually pay attention instead of shoving words in my mouth then you might actually understand what I'm talking about. But since I really am sick of being attacked I'll cut it out here. Have fun assuming what I'm talking about since you won't listen.