Author Topic: General Nasuverse Lore/Character/Serious Canon Discussion Thread  (Read 32682 times)

Brahmastra

Re: General Nasuverse Lore/Character/Serious Canon Discussion Thread
« Reply #75 on: April 17, 2014, 07:26:51 PM »
There being other people who are more important or famous than Shirou doesn't necessarily mean Shirou cannot become a hero above them. Most heroes in the real world are not important prior to becoming a hero.

Mike do you literally just ignore every point that goes against your argument?

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 17, 2014, 07:39:53 PM »
No, I just don't think it is true that Shirou (in his normal form) could absolutely never become a Heroic Spirit, and I don't think anything that has been said proves that. Unlikely, sure, but not impossible.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 17, 2014, 07:45:41 PM »
Mike, every HS that isn't a CG is a super speshul snowflake. Saber has a dragon core along with prana burst and almost everyone else is a demigod. Even Sasaki who isn't even an actual HS can break reality with sheer skill. There isn't a lot that's unique to Shirou. Certainly not enough to make him a HS.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 08:05:30 PM by Umbra of Chaos »

Brahmastra

« Reply #78 on: April 17, 2014, 08:01:08 PM »
No, I just don't think it is true that Shirou (in his normal form) could absolutely never become a Heroic Spirit, and I don't think anything that has been said proves that. Unlikely, sure, but not impossible.

Even when presented with repeated and conclusive proof of it being impossible?

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 17, 2014, 08:15:19 PM »
I don't think you've proven it's impossible, merely very unlikely. "Impossible" is a very strong statement to make. It's not strictly-speaking impossible for me to spontanously teleport through a wall, just astoundingly unlikely.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 17, 2014, 08:28:31 PM »
Mike the situation might as well be identical. The chance is so infinitesimal that you can just call it impossible. Unless you start to teleport I have no reason to believe that Shirou has any chance of becoming a HS.  There is also the fact that you have offered almost no proof to back up your claims other than the fact that Nasu said it was really difficult instead of impossible.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 08:33:08 PM by Umbra of Chaos »

Brahmastra

« Reply #81 on: April 17, 2014, 08:29:29 PM »
He has no fame, no noteworthy abilities, no powerful items that belong to him, no physics-breaking physical abilities, absolutely nothing. Therefor he has nothing that can make him a HS. When you have nothing that can make you a HS, being a HS without being a CG is impossible.

Is that simple enough for you?

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 17, 2014, 08:43:39 PM »
Mike the situation might as well be identical. The chance is so infinitesimal that you can just call it impossible. Unless you start to teleport I have no reason to believe that Shirou has any chance of becoming a HS.  There is also the fact that you have offered almost no proof to back up your claims other than the fact that Nasu said it was really difficult instead of impossible.

Actually, given the context of the argument, the difference between "infinitesimal" and "zero" matters a lot. Due to the nature of many-worlds QM, if it is correct then there does exist a universe in which I teleported through a wall. Sure, we're never going to see it, but it is out there.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 08:44:21 PM by Cherry Lover »

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 17, 2014, 08:59:03 PM »
But Mike you know the events that might happen that could make you teleport correct? But there is literally nothing you've said that would even give Emiya Shirou a chance to be a HS.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 09:07:55 PM by Umbra of Chaos »

Brahmastra

« Reply #84 on: April 17, 2014, 09:04:09 PM »

Actually, given the context of the argument, the difference between "infinitesimal" and "zero" matters a lot. Due to the nature of many-worlds QM, if it is correct then there does exist a universe in which I teleported through a wall. Sure, we're never going to see it, but it is out there.

So we've given runes, Q&A, comprehendable logic following the nasuverse's rules. You've given us one word, "difficult".

I am literally just gonna  throw my hands in the air, close this tab and declare myself the winner of this argument, because you're being denser than a neutron star.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 17, 2014, 09:11:02 PM »
But Mike you know the events that might happen that could make you teleport correct? But there is literally nothing you've said that would even give Emiya Shirou a chance to be a HS.

Yeah, and I'm willing to accept that it may well be literally impossible, I'm just not 100% convinced it is.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 17, 2014, 09:19:48 PM »
Let us put this in simple terms than. Shirou's very nature stops him from being a HS. He's copying the weapons of others which isn't unique. This is necessary for him to be Shirou and makes the idea of him being accepted as a HS low already. He must be born in modern times. This also lowers the chance even farther. To my knowledge Projection/Tracing still fall under modern magecraft which lowers the chances even more. Something that sparks a magical war would probably get Shirou killed. If he survives he still has a low chance of becoming a HS because of the results of the confilct. Shirou would have to use tracing to survive and help others if there was a magical war going on. Do you really think humanity would revere someone who is a member of the people that almost certainly caused massive devastation to them? This is also ignoring the fact that a magical war would probably have the Counter Force intervene to stop it before it happens. Or just kill them all.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 17, 2014, 09:27:12 PM »
Well, to be a HS you don't need to be revered, just known about and considered "special". Medusa is hardly seen as a hero, after all....
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 09:27:47 PM by Cherry Lover »

Brahmastra

« Reply #88 on: April 17, 2014, 09:28:18 PM »
Well, to be a HS you don't need to be revered, just known about and considered "special". Medusa is hardly seen as a hero, after all....

Medusa is an Anti-Hero, not a Heroic Spirit. The two are different.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 17, 2014, 09:37:12 PM »
She's still in the Throne though, right?