Author Topic: General Nasuverse Lore/Character/Serious Canon Discussion Thread  (Read 32684 times)

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Re: General Nasuverse Lore/Character/Serious Canon Discussion Thread
« Reply #90 on: April 17, 2014, 09:40:26 PM »
I am actually unsure. I only know that she was summonable because of the tainted grail.

Brahmastra

« Reply #91 on: April 17, 2014, 09:40:47 PM »
She's still in the Throne though, right?

We were not talking about whether not she was in the Throne, Mike, we were talking about whether not she was a Heroic Spirit. She is not, but she is still in the Throne because she's an Anti-Hero. Shirou is not either. EMIYA is in there too because he's a CG, doesnt make him a Heroic Spirit.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 09:41:35 PM by Brahmastra »

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 17, 2014, 09:44:47 PM »
Ok, so then, now that I've read this my opinion is set. Canon or otherwise I'm going to warn you, Brah, Umbra and Arch, off my work. I'm not like the three of you, I do not tolerate or revel in despair or failure and as such I do not write things as if the word impossible exist. As such none of you will enjoy any of it canon or otherwise. It will simply aggravate you when the facts aren't as you see them and when I choose not to change things on your account.

Brahmastra

« Reply #93 on: April 17, 2014, 09:46:53 PM »
I will not enjoy it because it's objectively bad writing, if you gave a feasible explanation that isn't "X happened/Y appeared" for all of your impossibilities, i might. But knowing you, that's not happening.

Oh im sorry, it's not written yet? Well that might be the issue then.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 09:48:35 PM by Brahmastra »

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 17, 2014, 09:57:02 PM »
Ok, so then, now that I've read this my opinion is set. Canon or otherwise I'm going to warn you, Brah, Umbra and Arch, off my work. I'm not like the three of you, I do not tolerate or revel in despair or failure and as such I do not write things as if the word impossible exist. As such none of you will enjoy any of it canon or otherwise. It will simply aggravate you when the facts aren't as you see them and when I choose not to change things on your account.
This is actually rather insulting. Revel in despair or failure? Are you kidding me? Also if you can give a reasonable explanation for the events happening than I would read your work. However if the only explanation is that their are an infinite amount of worlds so somewhere it has to happen than that is inexcusable.  An author should be able to tell us why something changed and what caused the change. If the creator says something is pretty much impossible and your writing says otherwise than you better have a decent and believable reason.

Brahmastra

« Reply #95 on: April 17, 2014, 09:59:21 PM »
Crimson Moon and Angra Mainyu fusing and Merlin, Zelretch and Aoko uniting to fight it with my awful Self-insert OC sue can totally happen guys, totally seriously, for the magnificent ware-sama could never be wrong because I have undiagnosed egomania and cannot realize that i might actually be wrong about something.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 10:00:21 PM by Brahmastra »

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 17, 2014, 10:00:34 PM »
I said Tolerate or  Umbra, that changes the meaning quite a bit, as for the rest, don't stick words in my mouth please.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 17, 2014, 10:02:09 PM »
I never wrote that Brah, you are a liar

Brahmastra

« Reply #98 on: April 17, 2014, 10:02:54 PM »
I said Tolerate or  Umbra, that changes the meaning quite a bit, as for the rest, don't stick words I literally just said myself  in my magnificent, godly mouth please.

He didnt remove the "or" or "tolerate", don't stick words in your own mout-wait.

Seriously lantz lay off the cheap crack.

Brahmastra

« Reply #99 on: April 17, 2014, 10:03:13 PM »
I never wrote that Brah, you are a liar

that's the joke because you might as well have.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 17, 2014, 10:04:27 PM »
This is actually rather insulting. Revel in despair or failure? Are you kidding me? Also if you can give a reasonable explanation for the events happening than I would read your work. However if the only explanation is that their are an infinite amount of worlds so somewhere it has to happen than that is inexcusable.  An author should be able to tell us why something changed and what caused the change. If the creator says something is pretty much impossible and your writing says otherwise than you better have a decent and believable reason.

Well, I think the existence of infinite worlds allows for the use of more implausible explanations, but other than that I would agree that the author still needs to explain how their history came about to at least some extent.

I said Tolerate or  Umbra, that changes the meaning quite a bit, as for the rest, don't stick words I literally just said myself  in my magnificent, godly mouth please.

He didnt remove the "or" or "tolerate", don't stick words in your own mout-wait.

Seriously lantz lay off the cheap crack.

Brah, cut out the insults.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 10:06:07 PM by Cherry Lover »

Brahmastra

« Reply #101 on: April 17, 2014, 10:12:04 PM »

I am not insulting, I am giving him medical advice.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 17, 2014, 10:16:21 PM »
I said Tolerate or  Umbra, that changes the meaning quite a bit, as for the rest, don't stick words in my mouth please.
They are both equally offensive to me. However this argument has no place here. I have no idea why you decided to post it here instead of leaving a PM or comment, but it would be prudent if this derail stopped here.

Well, I think the existence of infinite worlds allows for the use of more implausible explanations, but other than that I would agree that the author still needs to explain how their history came about to at least some extent.
If it is fanfiction I am willing to let things go. It is fanfiction after all. Far stranger things than a HS Shirou has happened in it.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 10:20:58 PM by Umbra of Chaos »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 17, 2014, 10:20:17 PM »

I am not insulting, I am giving him medical advice.

OK, seriously, stop it right now.

RamKingSpaceSlamKatsulam

• Data Fragment
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 17, 2014, 10:23:33 PM »
What an awfully joke-hostile environment.