Author Topic: General Nasuverse Lore/Character/Serious Canon Discussion Thread  (Read 32686 times)

Brahmastra

Re: General Nasuverse Lore/Character/Serious Canon Discussion Thread
« Reply #120 on: April 17, 2014, 11:42:53 PM »
But this is the Canon thread. Lantz's utterly true and correct statement showed that his fic is 100% plausible within canon, and we're discussing that fic. Therefor, we are on topic.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 18, 2014, 12:33:49 AM »
It's meant to be for actual Nasuverse canon though. :V

But yeah, jokes or no jokes, things are getting just a touch hostile in here. Cool off you guys, and let's get the topic back on... well, topic, that of actual Nasuverse canon.

Now... what were we talking about again? ^^" Something about whether Shirou would be an HS or not? Though to be honest, we've probably talked that one to death by now, moving on to another topic (that's actually on topic of course) may not hurt.

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

The Man With All The Cute Boats

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
  • This is too lewd for me, Sir
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 18, 2014, 12:37:23 AM »
Would magecraft stop working if humanity went space-age?

Considering the whole mana and "world egg" gaia shit and whatnot. Could magi into star travel?

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 18, 2014, 12:39:33 AM »
Can't they just use Od in that case? It would certainly be more taxing but should be possible.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 12:40:38 AM by Umbra of Chaos »

Brahmastra

« Reply #124 on: April 18, 2014, 12:42:16 AM »

Considering the whole mana and "world egg" gaia shit and whatnot. Could magi into star travel?

Magecraft builds on Gaia's existence, and it's will to let it exist. It cannot exist outside it.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 18, 2014, 12:43:13 AM »
I feel like this is going to turn into a glorified questions thread.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 18, 2014, 12:45:43 AM »
That's pretty much what this thread is though. :V Minus the actual asking questions first part.

And on the "magecraft in the space age" topic, the other possibility is that we'd get something like Extra's universe. Magecraft is technically dead there, after all, it's just now the "magic" happens within digital landscapes. ...though apparently I read somewhere that Askys mistranslated when they called the people in the Moon Cell capable of manipulating things "magi" and instead it's supposed to be translated as "wizards?" Though I have no form of official confirmation or sources on that whatsoever, so unless there's something from Extra Material or something that proves that right, or we have a rune master confirm that, take it with a whole pile of salt.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 12:46:56 AM by Alice »

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 18, 2014, 12:53:20 AM »
Going to Extra with Archer using Excalibur Image and Shirou using some really crap version of it in HF can we confirm that it is impossible for Shirou to project Excalibur?

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 18, 2014, 12:55:11 AM »
I think the simple answer is that every Thaumaturgical System that enables Magecraft (or the Sacraments of the Church, or whatever), have their foundation engraved in Gaia, so if you went outside its domain you would no longer be able to use it.

@Umbra: Shirou supposedly cannot replicate Divine constructs or things that are "unique" like Ea. Please not it's called Excalibur Image. It's not really Excalibur.

If we want to go meta, I think the programmers had already put it in the game so Nasu said "eh, sure", and later justified it with the Moon Cell boosting Archer's capabilities to project Divine constructs.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 12:58:59 AM by YOLF »
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 18, 2014, 12:55:22 AM »

Hmm, it's not clear. It depends if mana is something that only exists on Earth or if it exists throughout the universe.

Going to Extra with Archer using Excalibur Image and Shirou using some really crap version of it in HF can we confirm that it is impossible for Shirou to project Excalibur?

Well, it depends what you mean by "project Excalibur". He can clearly project something like it, he clearly can't project a perfect copy. So, whether he can project it or not depends on how close to the real thing it has to be to call it "Excalibur".
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 12:56:48 AM by Cherry Lover »

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 18, 2014, 12:56:42 AM »

From what I've gathered, pretty much. It's still pretty strong of course, even if it's pretty much Excalipoor instead of the actual Excalibur, but it's not an actual copy of Excalibur itself. Still pretty awesome in my opinion that he can even do that, even if it's not an actual direct copy of the actual sword.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 18, 2014, 12:57:34 AM »
Well, it seems to be a copy of Excalibur but with something missing, since Shirou can't just make swords up out of thin air. It has to be based on some original blueprint, and the only original blueprint of that form he has is Excalibur itself. It is clear, though, that he is missing something in his blueprints for it.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 12:59:15 AM by Cherry Lover »

Brahmastra

« Reply #132 on: April 18, 2014, 12:58:45 AM »

Hmm, it's not clear. It depends if mana is something that only exists on Earth or if it exists throughout the universe.

Prana exists on every planet (Notes is clear proof of this), but every thaumaturgical system is firmly and totally grounded in Gaia and wouldn't work outside it. Sure, there might exist other lifeforms in space with thaumaturgical systems, but those in turn cater to their planet's conscience.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 12:59:37 AM by Brahmastra »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 18, 2014, 12:59:52 AM »
Yeah, OK, that makes sense.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 18, 2014, 01:02:15 AM »
Well, it seems to be a copy of Excalibur but with something missing, since Shirou can't just make swords up out of thin air. It has to be based on some original blueprint, and the only original blueprint of that form he has is Excalibur itself. It is clear, though, that he is missing something in his blueprints for it.
Yes that makes sense. It must be a very imperfect copy compared to his regular projections. So maybe something like it could only beamu but lacked any physical capabilities.