Author Topic: Of Swords and Sorcery (Chronological edition discussion)  (Read 27663 times)

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: Of Swords and Sorcery (Chronological edition discussion)
« Reply #180 on: May 06, 2014, 08:44:27 PM »
Yeah, and I'm also sorry for what I did. I think that Brah's post did deserve a warning, but I shouldn't have given one in anger like that. I should have consulted with you guys first, like I originally intended to, and not used it as a pawn in an argument. And, I'm sorry for how I reacted towards you as well, Alice. I should have been more considerate of how you feel.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 08:45:48 PM by Cherry Lover »

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 06, 2014, 08:55:49 PM »
Thank you for the apologies.

After have calmed down... well, a little anyway, I've decided not to quit. It's not fair to everyone else, and I did let everything just kinda get to me finally, so I should have thought things through more carefully.

...I am probably going to take some form of a break though. For how long I'm not sure. Mostly to work off some of the stress and give myself a chance to calm down. This one was somewhat rough on me.

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

Brahmastra

« Reply #182 on: May 06, 2014, 09:03:17 PM »
Thank you for the apologies.

After have calmed down... well, a little anyway, I've decided not to quit. It's not fair to everyone else, and I did let everything just kinda get to me finally, so I should have thought things through more carefully.

...I am probably going to take some form of a break though. For how long I'm not sure. Mostly to work off some of the stress and give myself a chance to calm down. This one was somewhat rough on me.

Gonna sound like I'm pressuring you (which I by all means aren't) but please do refrain from taking a break from the RP  :(, lot of stuff (including Elf being able to update) is being stalled by the lack of updates on your parts.

If you really need a break, by all means take one, but the RP has been pretty dead the last little bit because of the reason above.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 09:09:23 PM by Brahmastra »

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 06, 2014, 09:04:59 PM »
That's fair. :) I'll try getting myself calmed down and then post in the RP ASAP. :) ...I've kept you guys waiting for long enough. ^^"

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

Brahmastra

« Reply #184 on: May 06, 2014, 09:08:57 PM »
greattacular

RamKingSpaceSlamKatsulam

• Data Fragment
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 06, 2014, 11:26:44 PM »
Right, then Brah, you have a warning as well, because what you said is completely out of order.

Oh, how fedorable, as soon as your BFF5eva gets hit with the moderation stick you have to beat people with it too.
Quoting this because fedorable is amazing.

Gray

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 07, 2014, 02:44:24 AM »
Lantz. I'm not exactly a genius when it comes to english (if you saw my report card you'd cry), I also have been recovering from depression myself. I've heard you're also Canadian like me. So unless you're living in a non-english speaking part of the country I think the quality of our grammar should be the same. That and our ability to take criticism should be roughly equal. You can't use them as an everything proof critisism shield. I aparrently have something that makes it so I am incapable of understanding social cues naturally. Look I'm not making people flame me left and right.

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 07, 2014, 03:21:33 AM »
No Gray, my grammar issues aren't simple. I take plenty of criticism Gray, I simply don't tolerate the attitude that insults go hand and hand with criticism.

let's drop this and move this thread back on topic please.

Gray

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 07, 2014, 03:54:07 AM »
We are discussing you as a writer and your work on this thread. The issues that you brought up are being further adressed. How we are off topic in any way is beyond me.

Anyways, what are the themes that you are trying to convey with this story Lantz. You keep on trying to say that there is bigger picture and so far I just want to see glimpse of this glorious vision that you promise and strive towards.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 07, 2014, 04:05:35 AM »
601, it's the TTGL for Nasuverse fiction, it's not about Satoshi, it's about everyone else.

Gray

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 07, 2014, 04:40:07 AM »
601, it's the TTGL for Nasuverse fiction, it's not about Satoshi, it's about everyone else.

What does 601 even mean?

It's not all about Satoshi but he is an aspect that this story centers around since you have repeatedly stated that he has his own arc and you refuse to drop the character after multiple people have noted great problems in his set up.

TTGL kind of only works because the laws of physics in the TTGL universe are made for making those themes work out. Have the people in TTGL act in character in any other universe and they're pretty much doomed to failure. Especially with a universe as dark as the Nasuverse. If you want this to be lighter and softer take on Nasu what's with all the dark elements (I heard Satoshi ate a Sakura smoothie once).

TTGL while cool isn't compatible unless you go full crossover. Other wise you get one universe bashing the other either by TTGL outshining pretty much everyone else or by the TTGL magic just not working and reality catching up to those guys and making them look like idiots (unless they have relatively minor role and are fight people of similar tiers like in SRW)

You know battle moon wars?
That had OCs but they didn't take over the story and outrank everyone. If you had as starting player character it would be like inputting cheat codes.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 07, 2014, 04:46:57 AM »
You need to stop being literal Gray, I used TTGL for the description because they both have plots and are over the top spectacles, not necessarily deep.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 07, 2014, 11:02:10 AM »
Nah, that's just random number without any meaning to it.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 07, 2014, 12:25:12 PM »
I aparrently have something that makes it so I am incapable of understanding social cues naturally. Look I'm not making people flame me left and right.

No, but you do seem to be upsetting people without meaning to. I also have something that makes me incapable of understanding social cues naturally, and I have a tendency to do the same.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 07, 2014, 04:08:02 PM »
Wrong Kat, it stands for cannot be analyzed.

Well Mike I'd disagree with you on that. Gray and you aren't missing cues or any such, you just interpret statements as absolutes too often