Author Topic: The Nasuverse in perspective.  (Read 16467 times)

Gray

• NPC
    • View Profile
Re: The Nasuverse in perspective.
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2014, 03:28:04 AM »
I personally like to play around with canon's limitations. You ever heard of min/maxing lantz?
Yeah do that except with the universes own rules. That way you can get someone as awesome as you want.

Also I'd be fine with taking a few breaks from canon Lantz. It's just the directions you go with those breaks don't exactly make people feel very good.

Also Satoshi has dragon inside of him, no ifs ands or buts. You saw the post above and Saber didn't use such a contract she had a dragon inside of her.

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2014, 03:31:51 AM »
I have never heard any such thing regarding Saber, couldn't find anything to substantiate it either. And because white never mentions any contract or such I have to conclude otherwise.

I hate min maxing

Gray

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2014, 03:47:07 AM »
Yet you have created a character so overpowered that he can be used to help defeat what the entire Nasuverse couldn't defeat alone. Funny that.

Also I just noted that it couldn't be contract like you claimed due to rule breaker's ability to nullify contracts. Thus one can conclude a dragon is inside her and since you made the same thing happen to satoshi (instead of I don't know having him inherit the dragon blood because let's just overcomplicate things why don't we?) he needs to have a dragon actually inside of him.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2014, 03:49:05 AM »
Last time Gray, Satoshi cannot kill CM and company alone. As Merlin says "we need EVERYONE"

Gray

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2014, 04:06:20 AM »
I was saying that he could help and his inclusion was the deciding factor between victory and defeat since they needed to plot his whole existance and everything.
He was basically min/maxed to kill CM is what I mean.

I was pointing out that irony Lantz.

The Man With All The Cute Boats

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
  • This is too lewd for me, Sir
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2014, 04:30:15 AM »
Saber doesn't have a dragon inside her

she has a "prismatic dragon reactor"

It's just a name, any hint of an actual dragon was just imagery in her censored sex scene

Unless you're implying Rin has a bunch of dolphins inside her

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2014, 05:05:35 AM »
I thought as much regarding Saber.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2014, 11:09:58 AM »
Satoshi is classic wonderbaby self insert more powerful than the canon parents, hue.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2014, 04:46:15 PM »
Moving on, as names says the dragon in saber is figurative in canon (although I fleshed it out as Saber has descended power from Uther, known as a conquer in White, ancestor having made a deal with a dragon prior) as such Satoshi's state has nothing to do with Saber in terms of canon.

also Kat the rude self insert remark is unacceptable as you are aware already. Please leave this thread and do not return.

the point I have been trying to make overall is this. Neither side wins when talking past each other. All you guys have done is scream about canon this and that, I'm not debating that in the regular fan timeline Kirei can live, I'm saying multiverse makes exploring other possibilities practical.

instead of getting bent out of shape I'd suggest you guys chill.

Gray

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 12, 2014, 05:26:50 PM »
Lantz I've told this to you before. I actually tend to care when helping people out. The reason I may seem a little serious is because I don't take helping people as joke. I may have relaxed but you won't relent.

You claim we talk past you. You talk past us too very frequently and while Kat and Arch may be very volotile in their delivery they make points. They state their criticisms. The self insert comment wasn't trolling. It was what they genuinly think. They aren't fucking with you just see you get angry Lantz. They are just saying that because they genuinly believe it.
Critisism in general isn't a hugbox Lantz. It requires that you take some of the Vitriol and have thick skin. You think after doing this for years (you do claim to be "Old Guard" afterall) you'd get thicker skin but no, you persist.
I've said I'm okay with a little canon screwery just ussually in crackfics and in minor ways.

It's just people see where you go with your changes form canon and don't like them. It's not just the rule breaking they think the things you have to break the rules to even do aren't good ideas Lantz.

I'm interested in just screwing around to, I basically rewrote the DMC lore from the ground up in my fic. Then it turned into original fiction with some characters that are inspired by canon characters instead.

I've asked this before Lantz. Outside of in universe reasons why do you need your main character to be so powerful, so old? Why do you need to do many of the breaks you take from canon on a narrative level?

Why do you persist with Canon if you hate being bound by it?

RamKingSpaceSlamKatsulam

• Data Fragment
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 12, 2014, 06:05:06 PM »
Well by now can you really blame him for ignoring Arch?

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 12, 2014, 06:23:42 PM »
Gray, Kat was told Satoshi is not a self insert, he has continued to harass me with the accusation here and elsewhere. It violates the rules. End of story, he's out.

Canon is a good thing, Shinji's route is 98% canon, I'm just aware that sometimes canon needs to get in the back seat and shut up. In swords and sorcery where multiple realities and timelines are involved such is the case because otherwise it would be dull at best and a retread of F/HA at worst.

Swords and Sorcery is something that discards Canon for the sake of the characters. Going just by canon Ayako, Satsuki and many others,would have no importance, no moments of awesome. It still is grounded in the Nasuverse, there's just a lot of pothole filling done.

in any case this really isn't the thread for discussing that.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 12, 2014, 07:09:18 PM »
Satsuki and many others,would have no importance, no moments of awesome

Nah, Nasu is fine writing Satsuki route himself, does not need gaijin fan fiction.

Ayako gets scenes in HA, and she has no powers anyway.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 12, 2014, 07:23:38 PM »
Kat, leave.

qwertyfatcat

• The want-no-trabbler
  • NPC
  • I don't want no trabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 12, 2014, 07:54:42 PM »
If you give the screen time to less used characters, but change the rules and the characters to that large of a degree, wouldn't that defeat the purpose of using that character?

I mean sure, Ayako could discover magecraft and wrestle with Type Saturn in one universe, but if its completely different from the actual Ayako, it might as well be Ayako in name only.

If you like those kinda fics though, may I suggest to you Fate's Gamble, an HP/FSN crossover on FF?
I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble.

I told you I wanted no trabble.