Author Topic: The Nasuverse in perspective.  (Read 16523 times)

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
Re: The Nasuverse in perspective.
« Reply #90 on: May 14, 2014, 03:01:23 PM »
Except it doesn't because I blatantly stated that I was never debating canon. I'm not talking past you, the rest of you however continued to scream facts about canon to disprove the idea of multiple worlds and such. None of which actually did prove your point about impossibilities, you just demanded I fill in the answers immediately. Then instead of accepting the concept you just kept whining.

As for locking the thread, I don't care. I'd prefer you actually use your eyes Names, I don't want you to speak to me again.

qwertyfatcat

• The want-no-trabbler
  • NPC
  • I don't want no trabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 14, 2014, 05:10:14 PM »
Look Qwerty, the point of the thread was to get us to stop talking past each other, unfortunately no one wants to listen. Thus the thread is ruined. As to your questions, I assumed you were joking.

So you ignore "jokes" then? Also my questions happen to be valid by the standards you made for this thread.

Are you still sore about the mild joke I made on your other thread?
I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble.

I told you I wanted no trabble.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 14, 2014, 06:31:06 PM »
Mostly yes, most jokes don't have a logical response to be offered. Your previous joke consisted of all caps, shouting isn't mild.

Gray

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 14, 2014, 08:08:12 PM »
You still haven't answered his question though.

I said that I'm okay with breaks from canon a few times. It's just the things you do with that cannon breaking is honestly confusing to some.

I've asked you why he's several million years old, commented about the implausibility of him having a relationship with anyone at all (the age gap is so creepy it's terrifying), why he needs all this power that he isn't supposed to use, how he's integral into defeating a being that can scare people who are capable of breaking the laws of physics and magic (two true magic wielders and one of the most famous wizards known to mankind) and so such on a narritive level. I can handwave away anything I want with or without canon breaking.

I've given you this example before but here's moment of that: In the fire Shirous found a kaleidostick and still had avalon. His origin had then changed to both sword and kaleidoscope at the same time. He's now archer with the second magic. This breaks canon just as much if not less than your stuff does. The question we ask now is why do this narratively. It would give a character we love as an underdog a bunch of free power. That's prety darn stupid as Shirou's struggle is against his lack of ability and power in reaching an impossible ideal. Giving him power for it is pointless and defeats the point of the character. In speaking of which Lantz, What is the point of Satoshi? You know beyond the usual answer of "It's writing for fun, chill guys." What is the narrative point.

Are you a fan of Naruto by the way? It seems like you'd be fan of that series.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 14, 2014, 08:32:32 PM »
I hate Naruto, that show sucks.

Gray

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 14, 2014, 09:06:45 PM »
Mind responding to the rest?

qwertyfatcat

• The want-no-trabbler
  • NPC
  • I don't want no trabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 14, 2014, 09:25:08 PM »
Wow, the ignoring of everything but my DBZ joke (it wasn't even much of a joke).
I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble.

I told you I wanted no trabble.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 14, 2014, 09:36:19 PM »
The rest Gray is rehashing the same but why crap. You don't know how canon breaks in the story so please stop.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 14, 2014, 09:37:53 PM »
He's asking what's the point of Satoshi. If Shirou's is the pursuit of an impossible ideal then what defines Satoshi?

The Man With All The Cute Boats

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
  • This is too lewd for me, Sir
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 14, 2014, 10:40:29 PM »
Except it doesn't because I blatantly stated that I was never debating canon. I'm not talking past you, the rest of you however continued to scream facts about canon to disprove the idea of multiple worlds and such. None of which actually did prove your point about impossibilities, you just demanded I fill in the answers immediately. Then instead of accepting the concept you just kept whining.

As for locking the thread, I don't care. I'd prefer you actually use your eyes Names, I don't want you to speak to me again.
I wasn't debating canon or your usage of it either though, in this thread. I didn't say squat about your multiple worlds, and I didn't speak of impossibilities in this thread either.

This entire post of yours feels like it's in the wrong thread.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 15, 2014, 12:49:06 AM »
In which context umbra.

I was speaking generally in the course of the thread Names. Your Self Insertion nonsense just wound up being the straw. After all I said it once, Satoshi is not a self insert, you ignored this (thus talking past me) and chose to be offensive and persistent about it.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 15, 2014, 01:03:26 AM »
When you created Satoshi was there any idea that you defined him around? Shirou as I stated before is a guy who chases after an impossible ideal, and he struggles with all his will to try to make it possible. That defines him, and makes Shirou who he is. What defines Satoshi? What drives him? Does he have a goal?

The Man With All The Cute Boats

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
  • This is too lewd for me, Sir
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 15, 2014, 01:18:49 AM »
I was speaking generally in the course of the thread Names. Your Self Insertion nonsense just wound up being the straw. After all I said it once, Satoshi is not a self insert, you ignored this (thus talking past me) and chose to be offensive and persistent about it.
I brought up unwitting self insertion, as such your denial of self insertion and my followup in regards to the original idea (unwitting self-insertion) with it actually makes sense.

It was a "you may think so, BUT" and as such was just an extension of the topic. Not talking past you, at you. Learn the difference.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 15, 2014, 01:53:36 AM »
That may have been your intent Names but you just came off as pushy rude and insulting.

his goal transitions from Avenger to protector. The thing that drives him is hope. First twisted and then honest.

Gray

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 15, 2014, 01:54:37 AM »
You kind of have a tendency to ignore large parts of what we say man. I post walls of text, you apparently have me on ignore because that screws with your phone or something but sometimes you only just answer one thing and leave the rest hanging. It makes it seem like this is a conscious denial because you don't feel like answering to those who discuss things with you. When stick to a contrasting view like Names here you seem to really like just saying don't talk to me anymore. While somepeople do insult and snark don't label them as subhuman and incapable of making any amount of sense just because they hurt your feelings a little Andy.