Author Topic: The Nasuverse in perspective.  (Read 16374 times)

Lycodrake

• Multi-Classed Idol
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
Re: The Nasuverse in perspective.
« Reply #120 on: May 15, 2014, 01:51:54 PM »
Defending one's self is different, given the things she's called me I don't think defending myself is out of line.
So you completely ignore the stress and drama she has to deal with because of you.
And I think I'm sorely lacking in empathy.
Spoiler for Best -monogatari:

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 15, 2014, 09:47:34 PM »
Lyco do not preach as if it's only stressful for one side, that's ignorant.

The Man With All The Cute Boats

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
  • This is too lewd for me, Sir
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 15, 2014, 09:53:45 PM »
Okay, different example: Crossover thread, FF13. Guy comes on, gives an idea involving ff13, you keep hammering on the game even after he comes in and reacts negatively, or as one could say, uncomfortably.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 15, 2014, 10:01:16 PM »
If he's preaching, I'm a fucking magical wizard that shoots rainbows from his ass.

You really have no sense of empathy.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 15, 2014, 10:15:53 PM »
Been awhile Names, so I can't exactly confirm or deny that, however, I can say with certainty that the ill intent was directed at the game, not the user. Further neither of us created said work so I wasn't insulting something he created.

I was simply being honest about something I paid hard earned money for and was seriously disappointed with.

your point is however that I'm being insensitive and perhaps I was but that isn't the events with Alice. One is directly personal, the other is not.

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 15, 2014, 10:35:03 PM »
My point is that you pointed at me and said "I don't continue after clear discomfort, but you just did,"when you most certainly did do exactly what you're claiming you're innocent of, and have nothing but excuses to offer as rebuttal when called out.

My point is that you have a double standard, and you need to realize that you do, because it pops up for many things and pops out to many people.

My point is that you have to recognize your failing and work to correct it, like I realize my own and constantly work to correct them.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 15, 2014, 10:46:55 PM »
Personal and impersonal offense is different. I'm not denying the ability to offend, I'm saying one is intentional and other isn't. I'm not saying I didn't offend him. I'm saying that I wasn't trying to and that means more than just a hand wave.

RamKingSpaceSlamKatsulam

• Data Fragment
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 16, 2014, 01:21:10 AM »
Why would you rag on FF13, there's like three hot girls.

qwertyfatcat

• The want-no-trabbler
  • NPC
  • I don't want no trabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 16, 2014, 01:54:31 AM »
And all 3 are les, or at least one of them is a shota.

Also, afroman most awesome of the cast. Fucking chocobo in his hair.
I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble.

I told you I wanted no trabble.

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 18, 2014, 01:38:02 AM »
Personal and impersonal offense is different. I'm not denying the ability to offend, I'm saying one is intentional and other isn't. I'm not saying I didn't offend him. I'm saying that I wasn't trying to and that means more than just a hand wave.
Excuses.
Why would you rag on FF13, there's like three hot girls.
Ikr
Also, afroman most awesome of the cast. Fucking chocobo in his hair.
Ikr

qwertyfatcat

• The want-no-trabbler
  • NPC
  • I don't want no trabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 18, 2014, 02:42:46 AM »
Cuz SURE, we can shoot our enemies with our guns! I mean, Lightning, you got a GUNblade, why not shoot the guys who are shooting you?! What are you, AXE COP?! Then get an AXE! Also, why is my BLACK mage/gunner have more base health than my OFFENSIVE FRONT LINE WARRIOR?!

Q. say your opponent is not a fairy, nor have akashic powers or mystic eyes of death (it shouldn't have worked in the first place), what can Satoshi's opponents do to prevent Satoshi from completely kicking their asses?
I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble.

I told you I wanted no trabble.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 18, 2014, 02:43:41 AM »
Erm, this isn't Lantz's Q&A thread....

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 18, 2014, 02:45:25 AM »
To you Names, not to me. I see being offended by an impersonal remark like "I hate this game" and being offended by a personal remark like "You're a misogynist bastard" as different.

moving back onto the subject of the thread. I want people to stop talking past each other because of all the problems it causes. In the case of the Nasuverse go ahead and obsess about canon, hold it in whatever regard you want but recognize each person's right to do as they wish as well.

Gray

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 18, 2014, 03:06:58 AM »
You know I don't mean to be the resident downer but I'm just surprized both sides haven't just completely agreed to disagree. In other words these arguments are so futile and pointless that I'm surprised neither side just hasn't decided to go pack up and quit it.
Lantz you don't give a damn about anon.
Everyone who aruges with you does.
You clash on it and never come to a consensus on those points.
I'm saying I just dislike some of the things you've done with your characters in ways completely unrelated to canon (I'm now treating your works  like original fics simply because it's easier on my SoD). I keep on asking about the narrative point of things because of that as discussing canon with you Lantz is a fool's errand.
To all of you I announce abandon all hope. It isn't worth it. Let Lantz have his fun in his canon ignorant bliss. (I don't mean to insult you Lantz with that statement I'm just saying that you either are ignorant of canon or ignore it completely)

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 18, 2014, 03:12:39 AM »
I'm not ignorant of canon, I just accept that swords and sorcery was written before a great deal of the additional material was out.

I don't start brand new works in the same way. The difference may not seem much to you Gray but it's significant.