Author Topic: character Q and A  (Read 61268 times)

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: character Q and A
« Reply #450 on: October 02, 2014, 07:56:02 PM »
No she isn't though, Zel actually has the nickname of "Old Man Time" as one of his many titles.

We did not even know Aoko could do stuff with time till Mahou, which was far after all the Fate materials you claim were after you wrote up your story.

And even then what she does is not really time travel but rather manipulation of order of events, such as postponing someones death.

Quote from: CM III
Witness, “Wizard Marshall” Kischua Zelretch Schweinorg
One of the only five True Magicians in the world. Zelretch served as the witness during the creation of the Greater Grail. He is an old man with many nicknames. He has been referred to as “Wizard Marshall”, “(Zelretch ) Of the Jewel”, “Kaleidoscope”, “Old Man Time” and many other names. The 5 phenomenon that cannot be achieved through sorcery or science are called “True Magic”, and those individuals who can invoke these are called “True Magicians”. Zelretch once fought the existence known as “Crimson Moon”. Although emerging victorious (draw?), he paid a heavy price. As a result of this engagement, he became severely aged, and his powers diminished. And it was also at that time, he was bitten by the Crimson Moon and turned into a vampire. His name was entered into the list of “The 27 Dead Apostle Ancestors”, which documents powerful vampires.

We didn't know Aoko could do stuff with time before Mayoho, no, but it was a very common theory in the fandom. I don't think it was in any way unreasonable for Lantz to have picked up on that.

Actually knick it was melty blood. The translation of Aoko's quotes were what old BLer's gave to me when I asked about it. We presumed back then it was time travel and it turned out to line up with what we thought. As for it not being such and such, time manipulation is the foundation of time travel, so if anything Aoko is simply stronger than I thought.

Apparently, she can't actually time-travel fully (although Zelretch seemingly can), but that certainly isn't something that we'd have worked out at the time. Her magic having something to do with time was at least hinted at, and given the known magics, time travel was a logical assumption for Aoko's magic.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 07:57:41 PM by Cherry Lover »

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: October 02, 2014, 09:56:48 PM »
If that is true then the Nasuverse is a place where a time traveling, world hopping, vampire who goes surfing is a thing. The ridiculousness of canon far outweighs anything I did. All in all I think that the continuation of discussion fits.

@Bdoom

A: each hero has a different reason for a body, if I recall correctly it goes like this

Hercules: god, he came back but was forced to assume his prior but now living form.

Lancer: King of the little people tricked him into getting a body

Saber: the prophecy of the king's return as per White's work

Rider: She, Medea and Gilgamesh all gained enough Mana to assume human form throught AOG rites.

Archer: paradox

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: October 03, 2014, 12:30:06 AM »
Q:why do you expect us to hold interest for 40 chapters?
And Kaiza this is my second to last question, I swear.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 12:37:57 AM by Sakura »

[5:20:13 PM] francobull III: "I fuck dead animals"

francobull3 - Today at 10:15 PM: when will skeleton bullying day end

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: October 03, 2014, 03:23:39 AM »
@Bdoom

A: setting aside the first three chapters four through forty contain mostly the canon characters doing stuff. It fleshes out the zero universe so to speak.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: October 03, 2014, 11:53:26 AM »
I forgot my follow up question.

SINIB

• Administrator
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: October 03, 2014, 11:54:24 AM »
Ah fuck it
Q: does is satoshi involved in the next fourty chapters?

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: October 03, 2014, 02:31:57 PM »
@Bdoom

one would presume that, assuming you are following up the interest question, it would likely have had to do with the setting.

A: in varying degrees yes, as much as a kid can be involved that is.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: October 04, 2014, 08:11:44 PM »
OK, let's do Kaiza's thing with establishing the setting, with an OC heavy work that I'm doing myself.

I admittedly make a mistake by opening with the pair in conversation, establishing some names and characters before I start establishing where they are and what they're doing - but I get that in as fast as I can. The dialogue helps establish their characterization, lets me establish setting, and also doesn't drag on too long before shit actually happens and the setting begins to be defined.

Note this Lantz. I don't wait 40 fucking chapters for my MAIN CHARACTER to pop up and actually be relevant. Your main character doesn't have to be important to the plot initially, but the focus should be on him. Get that? You don't seem to. What you do is basically say "THIS GUY IS THE MAIN CHARACTER OK" without giving us any reason to really care about him. Instead, you throw him around more interesting characters who all seem to love him, which is annoying. That's the problem you have.

You don't establish a foundation (setting) before building the house (plot) and furniture (characters). Instead, you install the furniture first, drop the building on top of it, and THEN start pouring the foundation which makes everything a mess.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: October 05, 2014, 12:59:43 AM »
@Arch

sorry, that subject already ran out, we're discussing other stuff.

I suppose, as much as the adult content was a learning experience (requested by readers) I should answer questions about those too. So we can discuss that here as well.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: October 07, 2014, 01:35:47 AM »
Q: OK, well, what do you think of the various characters, and their pairings and relationships? Who do you like writing, and who don't you?

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: October 07, 2014, 07:01:18 AM »
@CL

A: well starting with Shirou.

Shirou is my kinda hero, his nature and surface appearance is are the same (except for being weirdly ok with molesting as subject matter) as for relationships, frankly I don't buy him and Rin together. I could see him with Saber, Sakura, Medea or Bazzet though.

Rin: she's actually a kind caring person, it's why she's a great subject of my work, I only see her with Archer relationship wise.

Sakura: greatest potential of the three heroines imo, she obviously belongs with Shirou but like all of Shirou's relationships it's toxic as it is. I think Sakura needs time away to grow a bit.

more to come later

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: October 07, 2014, 05:00:46 PM »
@CL

A: well starting with Shirou.

Shirou is my kinda hero, his nature and surface appearance is are the same (except for being weirdly ok with molesting as subject matter) as for relationships, frankly I don't buy him and Rin together. I could see him with Saber, Sakura, Medea or Bazzet though.

Rin: she's actually a kind caring person, it's why she's a great subject of my work, I only see her with Archer relationship wise.

Hmm, well, the molesting thing is just Japan, really (and even then it's misinterpreted). As for the pairings, I agree with you about Sakura and Saber (although I obviously prefer Sakura as a partner for him). As for Rin, I agree with you to an extent, in that I think she's better paired with Archer, but I don't think her and Shirou are incompatible. I just think she works better with an older version of Shirou who can fight back.

As for the others, I can't comment on Bazett because I know precisely nothing about her, but I'm not convinced about pairing Shirou with Medea. I'm sure she'd fall for Shirou if you put her in the right situation, and I'm sure he'd protect her if she came into his care, but I'm not convinced that that pairing could work long-term. Medea is just too self-centred and willing to harm others for her not to come into conflict with Shirou at some point. Even if he can convince her not to outright start murdering people for prana (which would be difficult given that Shirou has so little of it), she's not going to take his self-sacrificial nature well at all, or his total unwillingness to hurt even people who are his enemies unless absolutely necessary. And, even if that could be avoided, I'm not sure her personality is one that would appeal to Shirou or that he would fall in love with. He would care for and protect her, yes, but I'm not sure he'd love her like he comes to love Saber, Rin or Sakura.

Sakura: greatest potential of the three heroines imo

Potential in what sense?

she obviously belongs with Shirou but like all of Shirou's relationships it's toxic as it is. I think Sakura needs time away to grow a bit.

Honestly, I don't agree. Whilst Sakura does need to "grow", I don't think pairing her with Shirou in any way prevents that. In fact, I think it does the opposite. I think that giving her the support structure of Shirou and Rin allows her to get over her past and blossom into the strong person she's capable of being.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: October 09, 2014, 04:23:39 PM »
As for Tsukihime, it's simple the three heroines that need Shiki are Akiha, Satsuki and Kohaku, personally I fit him with Kohaku. The rest I view as free agents (lemon wise) like I do Rider, Medea, the maids and so on.

my attitude writing lemons is why not.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: October 09, 2014, 04:24:51 PM »
my attitude writing lemons is why not.

Why not what?

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: October 09, 2014, 04:29:25 PM »
Why not period. As in why not have these two characters fuck, sure, I don't think Caren ever says two words to Sakura but they can have a four way with Shirou or whoever.