Author Topic: character Q and A  (Read 61270 times)

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: character Q and A
« Reply #465 on: October 09, 2014, 04:34:46 PM »
Why not period. As in why not have these two characters fuck, sure, I don't think Caren ever says two words to Sakura but they can have a four way with Shirou or whoever.

Ah, OK, so, basically, you're saying you'll write just about anything as long as it's somewhere close to in-character (i.e. Shirou isn't going to suddenly turn into an evil, sadistic rapist who tortures Sakura for kicks...)?

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: October 09, 2014, 11:06:01 PM »
Yeah, that actually pretty much what I mean. I don't have a problem writing any pairings or situations (save for loli and Yaoi which I do not write period) although if I'm honest I prefer not to pair Saber with anyone but Shirou, Kohaku with anyone but Shiki and Lancer with Bazzet and vice versa. They don't fit else where in my head.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: October 19, 2014, 06:25:38 AM »
Anyway for complete clarity on the subject, Satoshi is possessed of Entropy. That's a thing, hash tag spoiler alert.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: October 19, 2014, 02:49:04 PM »
What do you mean, "possessed of entropy"?

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: October 20, 2014, 01:26:17 AM »
Not unlike Ryougi, he is possessed of the concept of entropy. This makes what he does he possible, the fights etcetera and some of his more bizarre abilities. It also means he dies at the story's end as the only thing that can exist beyond entropy is a wish, a hope.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: October 20, 2014, 02:35:18 AM »
Not unlike Ryougi, he is possessed of the concept of entropy. This makes what he does he possible, the fights etcetera and some of his more bizarre abilities.

What do you mean "possessed of the concept of entropy"? Entropy is (roughly) a statistical measurement of the amount of disorder in a system. I don't get what you mean by him possessing that as a concept.

It also means he dies at the story's end as the only thing that can exist beyond entropy is a wish, a hope.

I don't follow, why does that imply that he has to die?

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: October 20, 2014, 04:15:57 AM »
That's statistical Entropy, I'm referring to maximum entropy otherwise commonly known as the heat death of the universe. By which no life escapes or can exist.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: October 20, 2014, 04:17:47 AM »
That's statistical Entropy, I'm referring to maximum entropy otherwise commonly known as the heat death of the universe. By which no life escapes or can exist.

Well, OK, I guess that makes sense, but in what way does he possess that concept, and why does it mean he has to die?

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: October 20, 2014, 05:57:23 AM »
Because everything returns to zero as a result of entropy including Satoshi himself. Originally the work had intended to be a paula's prayer or death in the family situation where the readers would decide his final fate but that's clearly not possible now.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: October 20, 2014, 07:07:15 PM »
I thought you said Toshi ended up in Avalon or with Rider, or something like that....

And, technically, Entropy isn't "returning to Zero". Entropy is a constantly increasing thing, so it never returns to anything.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: October 20, 2014, 07:22:15 PM »
He does, in theory, but that all takes place after the final Battle. The epilogue, endings and Satoshi's ultimate fate however were never decided to be a necessary part of that. The conclusion of the final battle is just as valid an ending as the rest.

entropy in this case being the collapse of the universe leaving only the zero point or the root left.

again it was supposed to be decided by the readers. There's fifty plus endings to the story if memory serves. Sadly due to trolling it's not possible to have readers decide on an ending together.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: October 20, 2014, 08:57:08 PM »
He does, in theory, but that all takes place after the final Battle. The epilogue, endings and Satoshi's ultimate fate however were never decided to be a necessary part of that. The conclusion of the final battle is just as valid an ending as the rest.

How can he both die "in theory" and also live?

entropy in this case being the collapse of the universe leaving only the zero point or the root left.

That's not entropy, though. In fact, I believe the collapse of the universe (in a Big Crunch) is one of the few situations in which the entropy of the universe actually could decrease. The heat death of the universe (which is the path increasing entropy inevitably leads to) will not result in an empty universe, but rather one that is a sea of fundamental particles at a uniform temperature (where no chemical reactions or other methods of extracting energy from the surroundings to enable a local entropy decrease are possible, and thus life cannot exist).

again it was supposed to be decided by the readers. There's fifty plus endings to the story if memory serves. Sadly due to trolling it's not possible to have readers decide on an ending together.

Well, yeah....

I'm not convinced "reader-decided endings" is that great an idea anyway. It would probably just end up horribly grimdark and with Sakura dying horribly or something like that....

Also, how does that fit with the "entropy" thing? If he's always fated to die (well, everyone is eventually, precisely for entropic reasons (i.e. the state of being dead has a lot more ways of existing than the state of being 'you' does, so given enough time you will always transition to the "dead" state)), how can he have endings in which he doesn't?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 08:57:45 PM by Cherry Lover »

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: October 20, 2014, 10:58:04 PM »
Because Satoshi is a wish, once his soul returns he's nothing but hope and a memory, he doesn't exist unless he's wanted. If wanted then he comes back. If not then he doesn't.

the reader decided ending is like Rider A,B,C. Kohaku, Ciel and so on like that.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: October 21, 2014, 02:37:05 AM »
Because Satoshi is a wish, once his soul returns he's nothing but hope and a memory, he doesn't exist unless he's wanted. If wanted then he comes back. If not then he doesn't.

the reader decided ending is like Rider A,B,C. Kohaku, Ciel and so on like that.

I see....

So, basically, his family wishes him into existence?

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: October 21, 2014, 07:48:55 PM »
No, no one group could do it, it's a scant possibility at best that he comes back.