Author Topic: character Q and A  (Read 61403 times)

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
Re: character Q and A
« Reply #180 on: May 18, 2014, 04:50:32 AM »
@Umbra

A: he was, it stopped after his battle with Orboros

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 18, 2014, 04:52:14 AM »
Q. How? Unless he removed the dragon part his body would still reflect the duality of his soul.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 18, 2014, 05:00:44 AM »
@Umbra

A: Short answer, he mastered the aspects of his soul and unified them.

Gray

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 18, 2014, 05:52:16 AM »
Yeah it seems that you like mashing together what you think is awesome and min maxing those aspects just like I do. I know that feel bro. I just don't thing doing it with multiple things is good for a protagonist.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 18, 2014, 09:20:45 AM »
I'll have vampire Mordred, so I'm a minor offender in this case too.

Puck-Chan

• NPC
  • Sup
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 18, 2014, 09:37:03 AM »
I said earlier that I'd make this guy. But in the end, I guess I'll just stick to an OC. Sadly.

On 3/22/15, at 10:09 AM, Donkey Punch Fucker! wrote:
> On 3/22/15, at 10:07 AM, ReverseLogic wrote:
> > seriously, again, I ran one of the weakest characters. you keep obsessing over abilities and powers
> Power, it's something so... so intangible. Yet, has such a strong grip upon me. I... I want it. I desire it, in my hands, in my life, in my soul. And once I have, I will simply want more, while jealously guarding what I have.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 18, 2014, 11:03:20 AM »
This thread is for questions, not snark and discussion. Ask questions or please go elsewhere.

qwertyfatcat

• The want-no-trabbler
  • NPC
  • I don't want no trabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 18, 2014, 03:48:07 PM »
Q. Will you ever consider making any changes to how your verse and characters are? We're not asking for your verse to bend itself over to our will, but maybe making a few changes won't make you a sellout.
I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble.

I told you I wanted no trabble.

Gray

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 18, 2014, 03:50:18 PM »
I'll have vampire Mordred, so I'm a minor offender in this case too.
I said I did know that feel. I want to play a min/maxed Lancelot and Shirou hybrid with a reality marble called "Infinite Arms Forge". I think I know how to mash concept together for the sake of (personal) coolness

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 18, 2014, 05:23:09 PM »
@Qwerty

A: I've said this a dozen times. I already have extensively done so in my prior edits to the work. In addition a few pages back Kuro openly suggested stuff and I responded to it.

in short ask questions and think and maybe suggest alternative ways of doing things.

Kurogami

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 18, 2014, 08:18:55 PM »
It seems like unlike a lot of other writers, Lantz prefers when people suggest solutions rather than just point out flaws.

So if you have time to argue and complain, try suggesting ways to fix the problems that you see that isn't "scrap it and start over"; it might take awhile, but with some patience you just might get somewhere.

Arguments and insults on the other hand will never get you anywhere with Lantz, so why not try a different approach, you might be surprised by the result.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 08:19:35 PM by Kurogami »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 18, 2014, 08:35:57 PM »
There are writers who like criticisms like "this is shit, start again"? I would have thought most writers would prefer some help in overcoming flaws in their work, I certainly do.

But, yeah, suggesting an alternative can be very helpful in at least some cases. Telling someone that a fundamental part of their story doesn't work won't get you anywhere if they don't have an alternative, because they either have to just roll with it or start from scratch, and for most people it is not worth starting from scratch just to fix a relatively minor error of canon.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 18, 2014, 08:39:17 PM »
Exactly guys, from the start I've always said. If you want to poke a hole in my sails then bring the cloth to fix it. Suggesting an alternative is constructive. Flaming is not.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 18, 2014, 08:42:58 PM »
In this case though the sail has been torn to ribbons too small to fix, and there is no other option than to make a new sail entirely.

qwertyfatcat

• The want-no-trabbler
  • NPC
  • I don't want no trabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 18, 2014, 08:43:41 PM »
OK. Instead of Avalon making him invincible all the time, its a powerful healing factor instead, with the option of activating it like his mom to protect AN AREA. That way, he still has Avalon, he's still tough, but now he can actually get hurt (allowing for more drama in fights and risks on his end), and he can use it to directly protect others, albeit briefly.
I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble I don't want no trabble.

I told you I wanted no trabble.