Author Topic: character Q and A  (Read 61746 times)

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
Re: character Q and A
« Reply #240 on: May 20, 2014, 02:12:43 PM »
Ask questions or leave guys. The rules are on page one.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 20, 2014, 02:16:38 PM »
I hope reacting to answers is fine too.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 20, 2014, 02:21:25 PM »
Reactions and tearing stuff down aren't really ok, turn them into questions and suggestions instead.

Lycodrake

• Multi-Classed Idol
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 20, 2014, 02:30:46 PM »
@Kuro
A: the cosmology of the story includes every afterlife and alternate areas like the shadow lands.
as such the throne is not the only thing to deal with souls. Souls can gain weight, elements etcetera depending on the conditions as well.
Q: What the frig does this even mean? And why do you use "Nasuverse" when everything points towards you doing better with original fiction?
Spoiler for Best -monogatari:

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 20, 2014, 02:37:09 PM »
I hope reacting to answers is fine too.

See what Lantz said. Ask a question (politely) or make a constructive suggestion about how to improve it (and, no, repeating the same extreme suggestion over and over is not constructive).

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 20, 2014, 02:37:18 PM »
@Lyco

A: your question borders on harassment Lyco. Rephrase please.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 20, 2014, 02:41:31 PM »
Lantz, using every kind of mythological afterlife will make your work inconsistent and clumsy in that regard. Just see what mess was caused by Kindred of The East in classic World of Darkness, which introduced separate hell and afterlife for Asian, clashing with the universal afterlife of Wraith: The Oblivion. And these were only TWO different systems introduced.

I would recommend sticking to how it works in canon, I mean recycling of souls. Unless they are recorded by the Throne (which is not afterlife, the Heroic Spirits are frozen in time).

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 20, 2014, 02:54:19 PM »
That makes no sense Kat. These places exist because the heroes largely went there. Excluding them from existence just leaves a big question mark around. Nasu's canon is, as I've proved many times inconsistent. I know I'm bending the rules but my bends make more sense than his dead end roads. I will prefer to bend the rules a thousand times to establish internal consistency then be canon correct and have big derp ? Over the story.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 20, 2014, 03:05:06 PM »
No, Nasu's consistent.

All souls, except for those recorded by the Throne of Heroes or in Avalon, are recycled by Akasha. No ifs, no buts.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 20, 2014, 03:07:24 PM »
In that case, though, what about all the legends that involve people visiting the afterlife?

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: May 20, 2014, 03:10:39 PM »
They were not afterlifes, since Akasha recycles souls.

Gray

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 20, 2014, 03:19:12 PM »
My suggestion is just rename everyone and turn it into an original fiction that is "inspired" by the Nasuverse. You can even do what you do to canon mechanics to characters. Don't like the way one acts then just go ahead "bend" them as you wish. Add a few crazy new things if you want and then presto you have your own original fic with 100% less people bitching about canon.

Also Lantz you do not bend you break the rules. Dismantle them and replace them because you think yours are better.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 20, 2014, 03:26:00 PM »
Everyone reasonable take note.

these people are the exact reason I'm unable to change my work. They refuse to respect creative rights and logical response to plot holes. I point out an issue and get denial and sass in return.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 20, 2014, 03:30:40 PM »
Gray, I think you're missing the point of why Lantz (and others) write fanfiction in the first place. Writing something "inspired by the Nasuverse" is not the same thing as writing with the actual Nasuverse characters. You don't have to like what he is doing, but you absolutely do not have the right to demand that he writes fics on your terms.

Now, I'm going to say it again, if you aren't going to use this thread for the intended purpose, then don't use it at all. Your suggestion has been made multiple times and is not one Lantz is going to accept, ever, so just stop making it. If you have such a fundamental objection to the nature of Lantz's work, then just stay away, because nothing you do or say is ever going to have any effect aside from to annoy people.

Gray

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: May 20, 2014, 03:42:25 PM »
Okay. You know that you can actually make a fic good and stick to canon right?
I gave a suggestion Mike I think that's what Lantz asks for. Suggestions. It wouldn't take much work change a few character names here, modify the backstory a bit and boom less canon bitching.

Should I treat your work like an original fic that coincidently has canon characters? As while sure you can have those it's just everytime I try to understand how things work in the fic's universe I come with some established Nasuverse lore in my head as a map or rule book. If it was original fic that just so happened to have canon characters it could be less frustrating.

I have asked for narrative reasons Lantz for the things you do. I tried Lantz. I honesty did try.

Here's a question at least.

Q: Does Satoshi gain all the memories and a personality shift upon unifying with the dragon's soul? I know you hate DBZ but he basically fusion danced with a dragon and those fusions tend to have composite personalities with a few things amped up.

Here's a suggestion. It doesn't really seem like does unification as that would imply that his will becomes one with the things he unifies not supersedes it. Could you perhaps change it to "control" or " Command" as that would also better help explain the nature of his reality marble.

Also how are we making it so that you are unable to change your work Lantz? Do you mean diverge it in respect to canon?