Author Topic: character Q and A  (Read 61640 times)

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: character Q and A
« Reply #255 on: May 20, 2014, 03:46:05 PM »
Gray, again, you're missing the point. If Lantz wanted to write original fiction, Lantz would be writing original fiction. He is using the Nasuverse characters because he likes the Nasuverse characters. And, the suggestion you made is one that has been made and dismissed about 5 times already, you're just flogging a dead horse. And, nor is it one which can be compromised on (either it's a Nasuverse fanfic or it's not), so there is nothing constructive about it whatsoever.

As for how you think of Lantz's work, you can treat it however you like. If you want to consider it to be original fiction which has a lot of similarities to the Nasuverse and characters with the same name, then go ahead. Just don't expect Lantz to do the same.

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 20, 2014, 03:57:37 PM »
I do write my own, completely original fiction, I've been world building since the age of seven.

@Gray

A: no, the Dragon's mind is elsewhere.

you are disrespectful to creative right when you assume every change is made because of ignorance or malice.

the reason for changes is plot holes. Plot holes which are outright ignore in favor of angry replies directed toward me. Kat just ignored my plot hole. Hercules went to the underworld and he and Gil are part god. Gods therefore exist and therefore so do the places. As a result we have a discrepancy. I filled it by acknowledging all religious beliefs and cosmological planes.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 20, 2014, 04:00:22 PM »
age of seven.

That explains a lot.

Brahmastra

« Reply #258 on: May 20, 2014, 04:02:56 PM »
age of seven.

That explains a lot.

I read "like someone" instead of "since". I remain confident that it was the better of the two.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 20, 2014, 04:03:45 PM »
No no no, it isn't ignorance we're pissed about, it's that your "patching" of "plot holes" leaves bigger holes, more problems, and then for good measure rapes canon up the ass.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 20, 2014, 04:06:37 PM »
OK, guys, stop it, now. KAIZA already told you to obey Kuro's rules, and you are not even paying lip service to them right now. And, yes, I am entitled to do this, no-one else is online to handle this and you guys are going way over the line.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 04:08:00 PM by Cherry Lover »

Gray

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 20, 2014, 04:09:47 PM »
Q: Is it just a fragment of the soul then in Satoshi? Magic circuits are physical extensions of the soul iirc so are you saying he just gave a few circuits to him? Also you stated earlier that they merge fully when the dragon eventually dies so does the mind still stay seperate then after that and if so how?
I could possibly see something similar to canon like zouken inserting a soul worm in sakura yet still being able to control his body but if it's direct soul to soul graft I'd find that a little hard to buy.

Q: Should we ever discuss Canon in these threads? Are you only using the Nasuverse because you like the characters and not the lore?

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: May 20, 2014, 04:14:55 PM »
@Gray

A: nope, whole soul

A: discussing canon is fine as long as you are respectful and acknowledge the problems I bring up. Nasuverse is a spotty place canonwise, it's not fully mapped and when I find a hole I plug it. It's not like I make things up for the hell of it.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: May 20, 2014, 04:17:04 PM »
You don't plug holes. You disregard established canon.

Gray

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 20, 2014, 04:25:20 PM »
Yes you do disregard canon not just to fix plotholes. For example the stuff you've done to the Magus Association.

Though I can see that your attempts to patch the mythology and Nasuverse lore are nice it's just the fact that the established canon ussually wins out over the myths. Take for example God Hand instead of ascension to godhood it translated the myth to overcoming of 12 trials due to great durability and some backup lives.

Lycodrake

• Multi-Classed Idol
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: May 20, 2014, 04:28:53 PM »
I filled it by acknowledging all religious beliefs and cosmological planes.
From what I've seen, you've spit on reincarnation and concepts of the soul.

Might I add that "the frig" isn't even nearly as bad as I could have said, and you refused to answer the question.
Spoiler for Best -monogatari:

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: May 20, 2014, 04:30:20 PM »
Take for example God Hand instead of ascension to godhood it translated the myth to overcoming of 12 trials due to great durability and some backup lives.

I don't think it's ever implied that Heracles did not ascend to godhood at the end of his life, though (the fluff in the game might even say he is, I don't recall). It's just that the part of him recorded in the Throne of Heroes is the human part (as with Rider, who died as a monster).
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 04:31:02 PM by Cherry Lover »

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: May 20, 2014, 04:35:07 PM »
Wrong Gray, I stated that the story was written BEFORE CM 3 explained the mage association. Therefore I am not disregarding canon for no reason, further the reason I even concerned myself with the mage association was the over use of western orthodox sorcery in Nasus characters.

Lycodrake

• Multi-Classed Idol
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: May 20, 2014, 04:38:16 PM »
...over use of western orthodox sorcery in Nasus characters.
Q: What do you mean by "western orthodox sorcery"? Keep in mind that sorcery is different from magic and magecraft.
Spoiler for Best -monogatari:

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: May 20, 2014, 05:04:54 PM »
@Lyco

A: the terms are interchangeable in my head because I've been reading fantasy since I was six. What I mean here is, western magic is weak sauce, in canon older magic is stronger. So why then do so many characters use weak crud? Needing an answer I surmised that the mage association must have been established in Europe and while old was not as old as canon says (again remember canon said nothing at the time I wrote it) the reason why I haven't changed it is because canon just inflames the problem by having a director from the AoG.